• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Death of SCP

BTW the SCP writers have acknowledged the fact that SCP is being removed from the wiki and they are celebrating it.

The author of Abraka David's proposal refers to calling the character "Outerversal" as one of her proudest achievements.

Basically, what these posts indicate is that the certain SCP authors were intentionally using VS Battles Wiki language in their articles to make fun of powerscaling communities AND to hopefully cause problems on Vsbattles. A lot of people on this thread were on the assumption that the SCP Articles that feature blatant Powerscaling / VSBW Lingo were written as such because the authors genuinely cared about being Tier 0 on the wiki, but that's actually not the reason. The reason is that the SCP writers who are aware of Powerscaling and Vs Battles Wiki think they're stupid and are writing these pages to intentionally rile you guys up.

And clearly it's worked.

For example, see the Joke Article ABOUT Vs Battles Wiki making fun of the typical thread (Top notch parody imo):

Honestly deleting SCP is doing them a favor. They don't want SCP on Vs Battles so why should y'all have it here.

Last edited:
Lmao

Edit: I thought Matt’s posts was on the commoners thread 💀

I reserve my right to keep my two posts here because I am sharing contextual information coming from the SCP writers themselves. And I'm fine with deleting, just not for the reasons you might be, Bambu.
You don't have that right, but I didn't delete them, anyways. I would have if I thought it appropriate. Your agreement is noted.

BTW the SCP writers have acknowledged the fact that SCP is being removed from the wiki and they are celebrating it.

The author of Abraka David's proposal refers to calling the character "Outerversal" as one of her proudest achievements.

Basically, what these posts indicate is that the certain SCP authors were intentionally using VS Battles Wiki language in their articles to make fun of powerscaling communities AND to hopefully cause problems on Vsbattles. A lot of people on this thread were on the assumption that the SCP Articles that feature blatant Powerscaling / VSBW Lingo were written as such because the authors genuinely cared about being Tier 0 on the wiki, but that's actually not the reason. The reason is that the SCP writers who are aware of Powerscaling and Vs Battles Wiki think they're stupid and are writing these pages to intentionally rile you guys up.

And clearly it's worked.

For example, see the Joke Article ABOUT Vs Battles Wiki making fun of the typical thread (Top notch parody imo):

Honestly deleting SCP is doing them a favor. They don't want SCP on Vs Battles so why should y'all have it here.

Internet users, when people have the gall to do something they personally find fun and isn't hurting anyone that doesn't align with what they personally find fun:

I was told that permission to post here gives you two or three posts, so I suppose this is me turning in my second.

My personal frustrations with the growing intolerance to one of my favorite hobbies aside, given this all but confirms that these writers are NOT doing this with the purpose of making SCP as powerful as possible, I believe that means that there actually shouldn't actually be any problem with allowing SCP on the wiki. Acknowledging this at all has just been feeding the trolls, and if anything it would be a better move to keep the profiles. With how popular intolerance of powerscaling is becoming, I think it's best to plant our feet to the ground and show that such a thing will not move us, lest other series follow in the same footsteps.

Given this is a coordinated effort to try and cause this very thing to happen, I say that we simply ignore articles that are obviously made with the purpose of baiting us, such as the ones mentioned in the original post, since they are made to bait us rather than to make an actual story.

Internet users, when people have the gall to do something they personally find fun and isn't hurting anyone that doesn't align with what they personally find fun
For what it is worth, I personally agree with this sentiment, and yes, I still do not personally enjoy powerscaling debates. I am just here because lots of people need my help, and because I am a perfectionist regarding accuracy. 🙏

Last edited:
Internet users, when people have the gall to do something they personally find fun and isn't hurting anyone that doesn't align with what they personally find fun:

I was told that permission to post here gives you two or three posts, so I suppose this is me turning in my second.

My personal frustrations with the growing intolerance to one of my favorite hobbies aside, given this all but confirms that these writers are NOT doing this with the purpose of making SCP as powerful as possible, I believe that means that there actually shouldn't actually be any problem with allowing SCP on the wiki. Acknowledging this at all has just been feeding the trolls, and if anything it would be a better move to keep the profiles. With how popular intolerance of powerscaling is becoming, I think it's best to plant our feet to the ground and show that such a thing will not move us, lest other series follow in the same footsteps.

Given this is a coordinated effort to try and cause this very thing to happen, I say that we simply ignore articles that are obviously made with the purpose of baiting us, such as the ones mentioned in the original post, since they are made to bait us rather than to make an actual story.
Permission to post is needed for each, (or I'd need to specify that it was for three) but as I would have given you permission again anyways, it's fine.

I would not want the SCP writers responding to the situation in humor to negatively impact the people working on SCP here on the wiki, and so were they relevant, I would accept waiving these, whether it was the intent of the SCP writers creating them to try to "force this to happen" or not.

this all but confirms that these writers are NOT doing this with the purpose of making SCP as powerful as possible, I believe that means that there actually shouldn't actually be any problem with allowing SCP on the wiki.
Them evidently being willing to alter their canon as a reaction to this by creating more parody is a typical fan fiction level writing thing to do, though. Speaks volumes regarding contribution standards.

Well I figure I may as well ask; has the reaction from the SCP community, authors and readers alike, particularly those along the lines of "What the **** do you mean it's tainted by vsbw? I didn't even know about that place until today," caused anyone to change their minds?

Also, multiple people have asked me to re-float the idea of simply raising the upvote bar before we consider something usable (from +10 to something like +50/+100). This is me doing that. I think that's a bit risky long-term if it'll need to keep being adjusted, but it's far from guaranteed that we'll need to move it again.

Them evidently being willing to alter their canon as a reaction to this by creating more parody is a typical fan fiction level writing thing to do, though. Speaks volumes regarding contribution standards.
I don't think we should judge this harshly over an outburst on the internet.

It's a petty and childish reaction, but I doubt most will even bother to have that much, let alone actually write anything in regards to this development.

I think this is a strange and demeaning way to read the situation, unbecoming of a high-ranking staff member.

To insult their writing quality, and the writing quality of fan fictions, over a choice in how some may respond to drama (a way of responding which creators publishing outside of the internet sphere have, indeed, taken before).

Please try to keep more to the facts and decisions being made here.

And clearly it's worked.

This post may be more appropriate for the general discussion companion thread, but I think it will be more visible here so I'm posting it here.

I've spoken with a handful of the SCP authors and staff members speaking on this subject, either via Discord or Twitter, and tried to bridge the gaps in understanding there were, since on Twitter it is very easy to jump to conclusions. For the most part, they are individually understanding of our decision to delete SCP from here, and felt the desire to speak on a few points for their community in regards to the posts here. I was asked to convey these, so I will.

The general opinion of the SCP wiki is that powerscaling isn't relevant to it, which many of us could have interpreted but it does good to state that. It's been explained by a couple of those I spoke to that they feel powerscaling draws away from the point of the writing by looking at it through a scope that the author isn't intending, and so they feel disdain on some level towards it. The thoughts of these specific writers are that this shouldn't be interpreted as actual ill will, and when spoken to individually were indeed very cordial towards me. They just don't want what they make to be involved in battleboarding.

The goal of this thread is not to create derision towards the SCP community or create an upset between ours and theirs. Nor should it be the goal of any in this thread to use it as a vehicle to debase SCP as a concept or medium of storytelling, regardless of one's personal feelings on the subject. Much like our users, the SCP community is engaging in their particular niche hobby and should be afforded as much respect as anybody else. Above understanding should be placed baseline respect.

I can get behind that. To begin with, Twitter is generally a cesspool, so this attempt to reach out and form an understanding was well-warranted. If I'm understanding this right, would this indicate that this decision may actually prove beneficial in more ways than one? In the long term, anyway. It sounds like the SCP writers you spoke with aren't big on their creations being involved in battleboarding, and this decision would help with that matter.

As you said, I don't want to create a sort of animosity toward the community, or vice versa. For instance, despite my agreement with the removal of it from the wiki, I have no ill will toward the series itself. I feel the sort of baseline respect you speak of should be fairly common knowledge, but as they say, common sense isn't always so common. Regardless, it's something important to emphasize.

The goal of this thread is not to create derision towards the SCP community or create an upset between ours and theirs. Nor should it be the goal of any in this thread to use it as a vehicle to debase SCP as a concept or medium of storytelling, regardless of one's personal feelings on the subject. Much like our users, the SCP community is engaging in their particular niche hobby and should be afforded as much respect as anybody else. Above understanding should be placed baseline respect.
Strongly agreed, and I apologise if I have done this. I just do not like morbid, negative, or dystopian fiction in general. 🙏

Thank you for trying to mediate and reach an understanding. 🙏❤️

I can get behind that. To begin with, Twitter is generally a cesspool, so this attempt to reach out and form an understanding was well-warranted. If I'm understanding this right, would this indicate that this decision may actually prove beneficial in more ways than one? In the long term, anyway. It sounds like the SCP writers you spoke with aren't big on their creations being involved in battleboarding, and this decision would help with that matter.

As you said, I don't want to create a sort of animosity toward the community, or vice versa. For instance, despite my agreement with the removal of it from the wiki, I have no ill will toward the series itself. I feel the sort of baseline respect you speak of should be fairly common knowledge, but as they say, common sense isn't always so common. Regardless, it's something important to emphasize.
To answer your question: most of the SCP writers would appear to agree this is at the very least not a negative move. Some would probably describe it as a positive one. A couple of those familiar with battleboarding expressed sympathy with the people working on SCP here, on the wiki, but agreed it should probably be removed.

In the end, our concern is with our wiki. I respect the SCP staff's desire to have their thoughts heard in regards to this matter, but one should vote based on what one feels is right for us, not them. That's my thoughts on the subject.

Since I was the guy who brought attention to the jokey tweets in the first place, I want to apologize if I was portraying the SCP Writers as malicious in their comments. I only wanted to bring more attention to their side of thing, mainly the fact that the discussion on this side of the conversation seemed to mostly interpret the narrative as SCP writers intentionally writing their characters to become Tier 0 on Vsbattles, when in reality the situation seemed to be about something else. I have no ill will towards the SCP Community in the end.

Ovens has made this thread to discuss the future of the SCP profiles now that deletion has been largely agreed upon. As I've said, I have no interest in rushing the deletion, and wish to grant them sufficient time to archive their work. As such, if anyone here has any wish to assist with this effort, or an opinion on how it should be done, proceed to that thread and speak your mind.

Ovens' thread is also a staff discussion thread, and so if you aren't a staff member, you need permission from one to post. @Antvasima I suggested Ovens do this, but I'll do it as well: please give @Hl3_or_bust indefinite speaking permission on the thread, as he is one of the three main people working on it (Ovens and Tllmbrg being the other two: I've been told Lawyer has lost interest in assisting and Saikou hasn't been replying).

I suppose that's fitting. Theoretically there were staff who voiced an interest in speaking again (or at least that did not commit to a position one way or the other), but it's been quite some time and most are able to re-open it if it's desperately important, anyhow. The decision is fairly concrete, but if something novel is to be said, better to say it.

Closing.

Unlocking to bring up something that hasn't been tackled.

Will the RPC Authority profiles remain or be deleted?

They were initially allowed due to being presented as having a similar quality control process to SCP; is that still considered valid, or would the encroachment of a few battleboarding-related pages into SCP be perceived as putting RPC at similar risk?

I also considered unlocking, but I'd decided to do a separate thread since there may be different votes given RPC hasn't reached the point of SCP.

It's the same exact thing on principle and allowing it in the future, I feel, will at least likely lead to the same point. I see the two as being identical situations and thus wish for RPC to be removed as well. Still, everyone should explicitly state their vote one way or the other, on that one.

Oh damn, I forgot about the last outstanding example in that category.

The Holders is a bit different. It had similar roots in imageboard fiction, with new entries contributed anonymously, but from the start it had a limit on how many "Holders" there were; 538. Updates slowed once that limit was hit, and stopped entirely around 2014 or so.

I think that has it avoid the risk of outside influence even more strongly than SCP/RPC do. But, if the plan is to just delete all collaborative web fiction, it'll have to go too.

By "updates stopped", do you mean it is a closed canon?
I don't think there was ever an official call, but once all the possible story slots were occupied, there wasn't much to do besides grammar fixes and minor rewrites. Seems like interest waned until it was abandoned entirely.

I don't think there was ever an official call, but once all the possible story slots were occupied, there wasn't much to do besides grammar fixes and minor rewrites. Seems like interest waned until it was abandoned entirely.
A more tenuous case. RPC has a level of likelihood of reaching the same scenario as SCP (albeit lessened in comparison). If that's the truth of the Holders, I'd be less opposed to it's continued presence.

A more tenuous case. RPC has a level of likelihood of reaching the same scenario as SCP (albeit lessened in comparison). If that's the truth of the Holders, I'd be less opposed to it's continued presence.
Okay I double-checked to make sure I had the facts right.

Particularly near the end of the site's lifespan, there were a few (nine total) entries that tried going over the limit of 538, but it still ultimately waned in popularity. After 2013 there was only one edit, which just changed "walk off" to "walk off alone" on a single page. Some time in the past few years, the website shut down, rendering any further edits completely impossible. Still, it seems like all pages were backed up in the wayback machine, so the content's still available for reference.

I wouldn't call it an officially closed canon, but a de facto one.

Okay I double-checked to make sure I had the facts right.

Particularly near the end of the site's lifespan, there were a few (nine total) entries that tried going over the limit of 538, but it still ultimately waned in popularity. After 2013 there was only one edit, which just changed "walk off" to "walk off alone" on a single page. Some time in the past few years, the website shut down, rendering any further edits completely impossible. Still, it seems like all pages were backed up in the wayback machine, so the content's still available for reference.

I wouldn't call it an officially closed canon, but a de facto one.
That's good enough to me. I'd support keeping it.

(Got permission from Sir Ovens to post here (thanks again). This was originally going to be a lot longer, but I got bored.)

It's frustrating to find out the deletion thread for one of your favourite verses is happening the very week you made an account here. However, the fact it couldn't be contained (pun unintentional) by this site is hilarious. Also, there can't be that many people to have their first (thread) comment in a staff thread.

Preamble's over, now for the actual comment: It seems a lot of the debate about whether it should be allowed comes from if it's fanfiction-y or power-scale-y.

Possibly the most fundamental problem with it being fanfiction is that it has a Licensing Team, but there are other wrinkles to consider. Like the fact that qntm and HarryBlank turned their Antimemetics' and The Breach Goes On series (respectfully) in to novels. What do we do with them? It's infeasible to delete all works of SCP writers from the wiki; in addition to the RPC Authority, that would include stuff like Fine Structure, all the works of Max Landis, the Neverstone series (which admittedly doesn't have any profiles here), and could easily include your favourite verses due to the anonymity afforded by the internet. And I certainly wouldn't want a world in which all independently published stuff gets deleted. It seems somewhat arbitrary to delete the SCP stuff, including There Is No Antimemetics Division and The Breach Goes On (which already have profiles; SCP-3125, Marion Wheeler, Dr. Wettle, etc.), but not stuff like Fine Structure. So do we consider these as separate verses? They are mostly self-contained. But then do we consider their on-site writings as Word of God statements? What about works they've co-wrote, do we consider the works of the co-authors too? Following this chain, most of the wiki will back to eligible for profiles again, which just seems silly. (Also, I don't really understand what SCP is being argued as fanfiction of. Admittedly, I do remember some (SCP) wiki members claim that it is fanfic, but they didn't specify what it's fanfic of either.)

It's a bit difficult for SCP to be power-scale-y since that's against site guidelines (though not strictly speaking against the rules), so any power-scale-y type stuff that slips through the cracks isn't exactly the site's fault. SCP is rated as powerful here due to a combination of metafiction, mathematics, philosophy, theology, cosmic-horror and high-concept sci-fi and fantasy - most, if not all, 1-C+ verses heavily lean on at least one of those. I mean, Wikipedia leans on all of those; you could make a profile for Wikipedia's notion of God, scale that to omnipotence, that to philosophy, that to maths, and considering how far mathematics on Wikipedia extends, you'd easily have a verse far more powerful than any that have ever been listed on this wiki, yet I don't hear anyone claiming Wikipedia's power-scale-y. (You probably shouldn't turn Wikipedia into a verse, for several reasons.) More specifically, the High 1-A SCP stuff comes from an article from years before the tiering system was made set theoretic implying a connection between fifthism and the aleph numbers, an article elaborating on that connection, an article based in large part on that mentioning this extends to all cardinals prior the Inaccessible, a few articles mentioning set theory and general maths that makes stuff big, and some guy's personal philosophy, or something close. The 0 stuff comes from philosophical scaling to the High 1-A stuff, and the MetaFoundation project - a project to make all the wiki's disparate canons parsimonious, including, necessarily, their cosmologies - equating (what the Department of Temporal Anomalies would see as) timelines with the universal narrative/story of your life, which would already get that philosophical scaling. As that Who Asked? thread shows, this leads to at least some things being rated as far more powerful than they were originally intended. I do worry that with power-scale-y stuff becoming more notorious, treating it as a literal infohazard will lead to more verses being deleted for mentioning it.

I think some genuine good can be made from sharing knowledge - as all wikis ultimately do - of SCP, it certainly helped me (thanks Iapetus). I mean, it's got a character literally called kindness, a sister site dedicated to eliciting a sense of wonder (on that note, what'll happen to the Wanderer's Library stuff? It's got at least one profile, the Neverwere), and more heartwarming stuff than cosmic-horror (note that SCP articles don't get genre tags, and such genre tags have only existed since February - the true number of both is higher than what those pages say). Yet very little outside the fandom focuses on this.

Ultimately though, I think removing SCP from this site will probably be a good thing. It'll help distance SCP from more "mainstream" power-scaling - which already has negative connotations. It'll (hopefully) help people like Iapetus not worry too much about their works being accused of power-scaling. I only came to this wiki because it's a lore/plot listing site (with abilities and cosmology considered as part of lore), the memes, and 'cause I'm a maths nerd; I can do pretty much anything I wanted to do with SCP on this site on some other site like Heroes or Villains wiki. And then with the verse moving to whatever this thread decides upon, the commendable work of the SCP Revision Team won't go to waste (I presume it'll still be CRT-able?). I just wanted to address some misconceptions. Also, SCP escaping the wiki will lead to some good memes.

Hopefully that was coherent enough. Also, thanks to Agnaa for reopening this thread. I know you didn't do it for me, but still.

Possibly the most fundamental problem with it being fanfiction is that it has a Licensing Team, but there are other wrinkles to consider. Like the fact that qntm and HarryBlank turned their Antimemetics' and The Breach Goes On series (respectfully) in to novels. What do we do with them? It's infeasible to delete all works of SCP writers from the wiki; in addition to the RPC Authority, that would include stuff like Fine Structure, all the works of Max Landis, the Neverstone series (which admittedly doesn't have any profiles here), and could easily include your favourite verses due to the anonymity afforded by the internet. And I certainly wouldn't want a world in which all independently published stuff gets deleted. It seems somewhat arbitrary to delete the SCP stuff, including There Is No Antimemetics Division and The Breach Goes On (which already have profiles; SCP-3125, Marion Wheeler, Dr. Wettle, etc.), but not stuff like Fine Structure. So do we consider these as separate verses? They are mostly self-contained. But then do we consider their on-site writings as Word of God statements? What about works they've co-wrote, do we consider the works of the co-authors too? Following this chain, most of the wiki will back to eligible for profiles again, which just seems silly. (Also, I don't really understand what SCP is being argued as fanfiction of. Admittedly, I do remember some (SCP) wiki members claim that it is fanfic, but they didn't specify what it's fanfic of either.)
Uncertain of what this is arguing against, as the core arguments here aren't that SCP is fanfiction (although they definitely do possess some amount of fanfiction content, it just isn't the majority).

It's a bit difficult for SCP to be power-scale-y since that's against site guidelines (though not strictly speaking against the rules), so any power-scale-y type stuff that slips through the cracks isn't exactly the site's fault. SCP is rated as powerful here due to a combination of metafiction, mathematics, philosophy, theology, cosmic-horror and high-concept sci-fi and fantasy - most, if not all, 1-C+ verses heavily lean on at least one of those. I mean, Wikipedia leans on all of those; you could make a profile for Wikipedia's notion of God, scale that to omnipotence, that to philosophy, that to maths, and considering how far mathematics on Wikipedia extends, you'd easily have a verse far more powerful than any that have ever been listed on this wiki, yet I don't hear anyone claiming Wikipedia's power-scale-y. (You probably shouldn't turn Wikipedia into a verse, for several reasons.) More specifically, the High 1-A SCP stuff comes from an article from years before the tiering system was made set theoretic implying a connection between fifthism and the aleph numbers, an article elaborating on that connection, an article based in large part on that mentioning this extends to all cardinals prior the Inaccessible, a few articles mentioning set theory and general maths that makes stuff big, and some guy's personal philosophy, or something close. The 0 stuff comes from philosophical scaling to the High 1-A stuff, and the MetaFoundation project - a project to make all the wiki's disparate canons parsimonious, including, necessarily, their cosmologies - equating (what the Department of Temporal Anomalies would see as) timelines with the universal narrative/story of your life, which would already get that philosophical scaling. As that Who Asked? thread shows, this leads to at least some things being rated as far more powerful than they were originally intended. I do worry that with power-scale-y stuff becoming more notorious, treating it as a literal infohazard will lead to more verses being deleted for mentioning it.
That isn't "site guideline", that's a brief on why many first SCPs fail: evidently, these sorts of SCPs don't always fail. I'm broadly aware of the 'why' SCP is where it is, although feel there is at least some argument that some of this tiersetting content is steeped in powerscaling content, just better hidden than something like A Journey Through The Afterlife.

I think some genuine good can be made from sharing knowledge - as all wikis ultimately do - of SCP, it certainly helped me (thanks Iapetus). I mean, it's got a character literally called kindness, a sister site dedicated to eliciting a sense of wonder (on that note, what'll happen to the Wanderer's Library stuff? It's got at least one profile, the Neverwere), and more heartwarming stuff than cosmic-horror (note that SCP articles don't get genre tags, and such genre tags have only existed since February - the true number of both is higher than what those pages say). Yet very little outside the fandom focuses on this.
I don't know the point of this bit and can't even really begin to address it, whatever it is. Sorry.

Ultimately though, I think removing SCP from this site will probably be a good thing. It'll help distance SCP from more "mainstream" power-scaling - which already has negative connotations. It'll (hopefully) help people like Iapetus not worry too much about their works being accused of power-scaling. I only came to this wiki because it's a lore/plot listing site (with abilities and cosmology considered as part of lore), the memes, and 'cause I'm a maths nerd; I can do pretty much anything I wanted to do with SCP on this site on some other site like Heroes or Villains wiki. And then with the verse moving to whatever this thread decides upon, the commendable work of the SCP Revision Team won't go to waste (I presume it'll still be CRT-able?). I just wanted to address some misconceptions. Also, SCP escaping the wiki will lead to some good memes.
Glad you agree, even if the reason is fundamentally opposed to my reasons.

There is no actual issue there.

If their other works are heavily rooted in SCP (as I'm pretty sure qntm's Antimemetics stuff is, isn't a fair bit of it included as a tale series on the site?), then it wouldn't be allowed. If it's wholly unrelated, and is just something made by an author that also wrote stuff for SCP (such as I know Max Landis' works are), then it would be allowed. It's pretty simple actually.

Another note:

If we remove the SCP pages from our wiki, somebody also needs to update the Internet category symbol in our wiki's front page with an image from some other very popular verse with an Internet-origin.

Withersoul_235 has suggested that we use the following symbol for Homestuck, which I think seems like a good idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Homestuck_Spirograph_Logo.png

However, somebody would need to place it within our standard blue frame structure.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:ScpSet_2.png
could i alternatively suggest sburb's house logo, i figure it's more recognizable at a glance for a representation of homestuck

i can edit it into the frame later today if nobody's done it in the meantime
Thank you very much for the help. I think that seems better, yes. 🙏
I've received permission to comment here from @Antvasima.

So basically, I do not think that Homestuck should be used, as I didn't see it being that popular in recent years, as far as I saw around, so I have some suggestions for verses:
Between the ones suggested from @Mr. Bambu I'd choose this however, if one of the three above are rejected:

I'd use for the image one of the many official artworks of Hank, given he's the protagonist and definitely the most recognizable MC character by far.
I also considered Madness Combat to be the ideal choice and would agree with that.
So is it acceptable if we continue to discuss this issue now?

So is it acceptable if we continue to discuss this issue now?
To be fair, Homestuck has been cancelled since 2016 despite its popularity, so I wouldn’t want that as the main image.

As for other web series suggestions that might be brought up (Or ones previously brought up):
  • The Amazing Digital Circus: Airs on GLITCH which has 8.8M subscribers. Has one of the most viewed pilots in the history of web series with over 300M views while its 2nd episode has 47M views by the time I’m writing this, albeit there’s only 2 episodes so far. Profiles are kinda low, being at 4 profiles.
  • Battle for Dream Island: jacknjellify has 2.31 million subscribers. Many of its early videos have over 10M subscribers while modern episodes get up to a few million views. Is the verse that has the 2nd most profiles created for it, clocking in at 78 profiles that are mostly up to date and well-formatted.
  • Eddsworld: Channel has over 4M subscribers. Was hugely popular back in the 2000’s and early-mid 2010’s and is still ongoing, but is only coming out much less frequently. Only 5 profiles in the verse.
  • Hazbin Hotel: Has a Netflix series, albeit the series is known to have controversy due to bad messaging. Has 13 profiles.
  • Madness Combat: One of the most iconic Newgrounds series, albeit not the most popular as Bambu said. Has 16 profiles, but currently has its profiles outdated.
  • Murder Drones: Like TADC, also owned by GLITCH. Has over 14M views on every episode and is currently anticipating its season finale this year. Has 5 profiles, but currently has a few of its profiles outdated.
  • Red VS Blue: Made by Rooster Teeth, which is unfortunately getting shut down this month. Even though it has been around for 2 decades, it kinda fell out of relevancy today. Has 19 profiles.
  • RWBY: Also by Rooster Teeth. Series kinda fell out of relevancy today despite it being popular in the last decade. Has the most profiles for a web series on this wiki, at 92.
  • Rock Hard Gladiators: Stick figure animations are by far iconic, so this may be a good candidate. Has 21 profiles.

I stand by Madness Combat and Red vs Blue being the best of the options if we're not using Homestuck. A lot of these are newer fads whereas those two have been around for years and still maintain a high level of recognition. Hank J. Wimbleton seems the ideal to me, to avoid confusion between Halo and Red vs Blue.

Back