• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Darksiders Discussion Thread

My friends tell me.

Darksiders game mechanics is like God of War.

Darksiders 2 game mechanics is an RPG style mixed with Prince of Persia and DMC combo style.

Darksiders 3 game mechanics is like Dark Souls.

And dear lord, I love all of those. So I'll be fine with developer keep changing game mechanics.

And if Darksiders 4's protagonist is Strife, then what will we get? An FPS game?

The first Darksiders was described as Legend of Zelda meets God of War, and people sort of said the same thing about Darksiders 2; it does seem to have more RPG elements though yes. And I doubt it will be an FPS; maybe it would be more like Mass Effect meets Metroid Prime.

D2's progression system was more RPG based like how you had different levels of gear and had to adjust yourself according to the situation and your playstyle. D1 on the other hand, like DMC, had different weapons you could obtain as you progressed. Some weapons you could only get after killing certain bosses or completing certain objectives.

I loved D2, I think it was their best one. And I like the way Darksiders changes game mechanics with every iteration. I know some people say D3 is bad, but 99% of those people complaining, somewhere they'll mention how hard the game is and that's the main reason for why they hate it.

^^ too hard for game journalists

But yeah only game I'd complain about that is NIOH for the sole fact it's yet another Souls lite game and does t have much other then that

I haven't played Nioh, but from everything I've seen it does seem like just a copy of DS (not throwing shade, just an observation). D3 is a Darksiders game with Souls like influence.

It's just I hate how difficulty is so advertised now, like it was a novel concept to have such a challenging game back then but by now it's kinda old hat.

One of the reason that makes me love the second one is, at first time, I thought Death would be an edgy character.

But after I played it, he is, in fact, a sassy, sarcastic and brother-loving character.

I also love how the Horsemen act are contrast with their name.

War - Try to bring balance.

Death - Restore humanity's lives

Fury - Actually calm down and fight to protect humans.

Can't wait for strife.

Yeah, Death does have a badass personality and he's not that cliche "I'm too cool for you" like Sasuke Uchiha or Shadow the Hedgehog, but also someone who's badass without really trying so hard.

Hellbeast1 said:
He's kinda like Hellboy in the sense you can tell he's heard it all before and just bored almost with most opponents
Yeah, like when he meets Belial.

"Belial: Nephilim. You will die here.

Death: (chuckles) We both know that isn't true...."

He's definitely not the weakest.

I mean I don't see how they aren't comparable to each other with the exception of Death

Age and gender alone should have nothing to do with power levels. But Death is stated to be the most powerful mainly due to the nature of being "Death." Fury was originally named Famine, and she does appear to not be as physically strong as her brothers either way, but is not to be underestimated either.

I mean that's kinda like how they treated War in the comics, like the weak little brother. But I do think all of them are around the same power with the exception of Death of course.

And seeing the pattern they've established D4 would be with Strife. And I would hope D5 is with all four horseman.

Strife/Persivalence is probably the 2nd strongest then. And I'm not too familiar with the comics, but Fury's fighting style is generally agility over raw power where as War is pretty much the opposite given his size. I agree that they're all comparable with the exception of Death being well above the other three; and especially with his transformation.

D4 will be about Strife yes, and I do hope they do make a D5 where all 4 of them take part yes.

If D5 is done in the style of DMC 5 I will be so on board.

Well, about Death being strongest, looks how Death got nerfed.

First, his journey has not been sanctioned, cause him to lose his full power.

Second, his Harverster is still with War, make him lose his main weapon.

Third, got the Amulet of Crowfather on his chest, make him more weaker.

With all that, and he stomps the Guardian, beat the shit out of Archon, easily killed Absalom, finished his journey, saved all of creation and restores humanity.

The only one that make him struggle was Samael with full power, and Death still proved to be the victor.

Samael once stated that with full power, he can easily kills War.

But, y'know, maybe Strife is the strongest one, just look at it, everybody wields sword, scythes and whip, while Strife got a friggin' guns.

Well War doesn't have Harvester I don't know where you got that from. But considering Death, for all intents and purposes, died at the end of D2. He probably got revived like War was when the seals were broken and hopefully will be at full power.

Guns give Strife the range advantage, but Death also has hax such as Soul Manipulation, Attack Reflection, and Necromancy.

Should we add "Possibly 2-C" to the Creator?

In the video above, it stated that the Black Throne has countless worlds.

And in this video , Wrath stated that there are other reality.

That quote doesn't hold a lot of weight yes, but where was the Black Throne statement about Countless worlds again? And I'm not sure if worlds in the context means Universes.

There is a massive gap between countless planets and universes, besides the term world in darksiders often means a planet. When they're talking about a universe they usually say universe.

No, sometimes they say "Creation", sometimes "Cosmos". And I've played all games.

You cannot force what you understand into other people's head, you only remember "universe" doesn't mean they only say "universe".

And if it's planets, that means we got dimension that contains countless planets, we can still use "Possibly".

Do you know that we have the term "Possibly" right?

Back