• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The commoners thread: Discussing Ultima's "On the Many, Many Incoherences of the Tiering System"

Not really, since that just implies everything is already one with the entity at the core. It'd be an anti-feat if the two were separate substances that literally fused together, or something like that.
I mean, you know who I am referring to there, lol, but thank you for the reply!

I'll reply later.

Not really, since that just implies everything is already one with the entity at the core. It'd be an anti-feat if the two were separate substances that literally fused together, or something like that.
For Marvel, would anything change with your new Standards for Tier 1-A. Especially TOAA/TOBA?

Last edited:
Let's say the being is all there is, the singular point of all oneness, the point in which all that exists came from, perfection incarnate, created the world (which the concept of higher dimensions exist), but because it love one of its creations more than the others the system it had created to manage the world, that is, including himself(although if it really wanted, the system wouldn't be able a to do anything to it) took away his power as god. What would that qualify for?
I'm knowledgeable enough on the verse in particular where you can quit the game where you describe the series in every way but name.

No, Veldanava's original state does not qualify. As far as I'm aware it lacks the essential evidence of ontological superiority.

I'm knowledgeable enough on the verse in particular where you can quit the game where you describe the series in every way but name.

No, Veldanava's original state does not qualify. As far as I'm aware it lacks the essential evidence of ontological superiority.
Lol! Bro why u gotta call out a man like that!? Blud got me cracking up like crazy on my couch, lol.
But thanks a lot man, now I can rest in peace 🕊️🕊️
Well that is, if Fuse doesn't pull something out of his ass though.

Edit: Damn, didn't mean to double post, sorry fam.

Do tier 0s have free will?
Why wouldn't they? What's stopping them? If there is, then they are no longer tier 0. But maybe you meant mindless? Then it honestly depends on the verse, something like the divine comedy's tier 0 most definitely has a will(conscious) of it self.
But stuff from journey to the west maybe different.

Do tier 0s have free will?
"Free Will" as a concept is, to us, basically something that boils down to the ability to pick and choose between possibilities. A Tier 0 is the creator of all possibilities whatsoever, and isn't expressed in any of them (It's purely actual, and in no way possible), so the concept itself doesn't make much sense when applied to them.

That said, they're "free" in the sense that the effects of their singular eternal act don't really add anything whatsoever to their essence. So, pretty much in the sense of "Neither of these effects are incompatible with their nature."

So, I guess that with this new changed you could have a Tier 0 in a verse that doesn't even have Tier 1 stuff, but it would likely take a ton of proof for that upgrade. . .
Oh, of course. Tier 0s are totally self-sufficient, so, you could have a verse where the only cosmological structure around is the Monad and it'd still be Tier 0.

"Free Will" as a concept is, to us, basically something that boils down to the ability to pick and choose between possibilities. A Tier 0 is the creator of all possibilities whatsoever, and isn't expressed in any of them (It's purely actual, and in no way possible), so the concept itself doesn't make much sense when applied to them.

That said, they're "free" in the sense that the effects of their singular eternal act don't really add anything whatsoever to their essence. So, pretty much in the sense of "Neither of these effects are incompatible with their nature."

Oh, of course. Tier 0s are totally self-sufficient, so, you could have a verse where the only cosmological structure around is the Monad and it'd still be Tier 0.
So just to check, tier 0 characters can still actively choose to affect their verse right?

Why are you assuming The Root is 0 ? I mean I understand the logic behind it but I don't think anything he said in the thread changes anything.
Huh? The Root is literally the textbook definition of a Monad. If you understand the logic behind it, then you understand why it would be Tier 0.

So, I guess that with this new changed you could have a Tier 0 in a verse that doesn't even have Tier 1 stuff, but it would likely take a ton of proof for that upgrade. . .
Seems like this is in part one of Deagon's concerns and I understand it.
There's likely a character with qualities pointing to Divine Simplicity but not necessarily being Tier 0, especially if they exist in a story with only a Low 2-C structure at most.

caption.png

There's likely a character with qualities pointing to Divine Simplicity but not necessarily being Tier 0, especially if they exist in a story with only a Low 2-C structure at most.
Yeah I don't see any reason for Divine Simplicity or NT to grant a higher tier than R>F would, unless you just place theology on a pedestal for no particular reason.

Requiring a tier 1 cosmology for a tier 0 is just extremely arbitrary. There would be no difference between a low 2-C structure and a high 1-A structure to said monad and due to how unreachable and ineffable said tier 0 is you could just say any 1-A or High 1-A cosmology also isn't sufficient enough since those tiers are as significant to said monad as like 11-C.

They should, but you never know with Nasu.

He does like his waifus.
Do you know how long Touko Aozaki has been trying to reach the root just to fail miserably. This is the same person that can create a platonic human. Nasu ain't letting no waifu reach the root ever.

Will a NEW THREAD be opened for commoners? Discussing:

Tiering System Revisions: Tier 0​

or will comments continue to be posted here? (Asking before this thread gets even more lengthy to follow)

I respect both of you, because I can't understand any of the shit you are talking about. Is Deagonx's problem that the cutoff point for Tier 0 feels kind of arbitrary and mostly flowery and showy language rather than anything important enough to warrant such a rating?

Is Deagonx's problem that the cutoff point for Tier 0 feels kind of arbitrary and mostly flowery and showy language rather than anything important enough to warrant such a rating?
I think the R>F cutoff is mostly arbitrary but that was more last thread's problem. Currently I just don't feel that the theological concepts invoked in the current thread are worthy of being enshrined as the pinnacle of our tiering system.

1. Get better taste in fiction.

2. Normally, I'd call this Tier 0, but seeing as this is a cultivation novel, I won't be as charitable. I'd say it's High 1-A, if it exceeds the duality between "Immortal" and "Non-Immortal" where at least one of those is 1-A and the other is lower.
So is this Tier 0?

Only by going deeper into it can one understand the mystery of life, the marvel of the soul, and something beyond the soul, which is the nature, the heart of the Way, or the Buddha-nature, the "Brahman" of Yoga.
  "Brahman is I, and I am Brahman. Shankara, in the midst of the debate, argued down all the monks of the Nalanda Temple, leading to the final destruction of the Nalanda Temple. Buddhism talks about emptiness, everything is empty, all the four elements are empty, so to speak, it's becoming, dwelling, destroying and emptying. Shankara, on the other hand, classified emptiness as inferior to Brahman, believing that the world is unique and that is Brahman, not emptiness. Emptiness is nothing more than a lower class of Brahman. How exactly

I think the R>F cutoff is mostly arbitrary but that was more last thread's problem. Currently I just don't feel that the theological concepts invoked in the current thread are worthy of being enshrined as the pinnacle of our tiering system.
While I disagree with the R>F and prefer it the new way, I do somewhat agree with what you are saying. Due to my ignorance I can't propose something else, but I do see the problem with it.

Back