• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The commoners thread: Discussing Ultima's "On the Many, Many Incoherences of the Tiering System"

I'm certainly glad. I became disillusioned into thinking there was no possibility of change whatsoever, at one point. Also partly the reason I became so inactive for a while.

Honestly, most people don't even care about how disillusioned the previous tiering system was, they're just trying to uphold this self promoted Prestige.

This monkey will be tier 0.

By the way, does the presence qualify for Tier 0? I heard he is basically sentient monad
I would probably say no tbh. The DC verse treats the presence as equivalent or the overvoid right?

And isn't the Overvoid treated as being the fiction itself in its entirety? With authors and things being above that? I think that'd disqualify it immediately.

He ascended to that level not that he is originally there.
He's not qualified.

In the story he has a beginning
Not that he was what was always was

He ascended to that level not that he is originally there.
He's not qualified.

In the story he has a beginning
Not that he was what was always was
At that moment he is not him, he is a part of Dharmakaya. And Dharmakaya key encompasses on itself.

Dharmakaya key is purely Dharmakaya, not Wukong.

Something like "realizing "you" were always that thing" would count since in this case reality would basically just be an illusion and like in buddhism everything is inherently empty.
That still falls under changing cause you yourself has limited your knowledge of yourself making your thoughts a part of your true being.

That falls on the Rule that they cannot be part of Omnipotent to be tier 0

One could argue via avatar but that would make you separate as an Avatar of the True being

At that moment he is not him, he is a part of Dharmakaya. And Dharmakaya key encompasses on itself.

Dharmakaya key is purely Dharmakaya, not Wukong.
Then its Dharmakaya that is tier 0 not him

They are 2 distinct entities

Being one with the Omnipotent after Reaching it doesn't make you the omnipotent

Then its Dharmakaya that is tier 0 not him

They are 2 distinct entities

Being one with the Omnipotent after Reaching it doesn't make you the omnipotent
Yes it is Dharmakaya. But Wukong is submerged with Dharmakaya, he is just a single infinitesimal part of Dharmakaya.

But nah, that is just semantic.

That still falls under changing cause you yourself has limited your knowledge of yourself making your thoughts a part of your true being.

That falls on the Rule that they cannot be part of Omnipotent to be tier 0

One could argue via avatar but that would make you separate as an Avatar of the True being
You realized that in order for wukong to "reach" or dissolve into Dharmakaya he would have to lose all sense of self or ego..

lets goooo this dude will be 1-A 🗣️🔥🔥🔥

The Overvoid, specifically as it was described by Morrison, fits the bill for what a Tier 0 entity is.

It's just that Snyder kinda added some weird details to it such as the Multiverse being described as "floating" within it, which does not make much sense if it was a truly monadic entity that emanated the cosmology, and of course, Morrison defining it as the white page below the real world a couple of times, which Ultima has told me before probably does disqualify it from being flatout Monad 0.

Abolish the Overvoid-Source-Presence thing eitherway, that shit is straight up headcanon.

Something like "realizing "you" were always that thing" would count since in this case reality would basically just be an illusion and like in buddhism everything is inherently empty.
So like the idea of Sunyata is potentially tier 0? I thought it was just 1-A under those standards.

I ask this because I know a verse that uses this concept and some other buddhist inspired ideas. It's not JTTW lol.

Last edited:
I would probably say no tbh. The DC verse treats the presence as equivalent or the overvoid right?

And isn't the Overvoid treated as being the fiction itself in its entirety? With authors and things being above that? I think that'd disqualify it immediately.
No. After the cosmology split, there's three different versions of the Presence. For each cosmology, there's a different one.

The Divine Presence as seen in Dematteis Cosmology is the only thing that exist. Everything else is merely a dream/illusion born from its oneness beyond the infinite void. All things being mere drops of its divine consciousness. It can't be understood, only loved. When the Mahapralaya erased all things in an instant, Divine Presence instantly created it over again from beyond it. Birthing duality and so on.

So, in this cosmology specifically, the Presence has no equal. Anything you think is an equal is really just the Presence itself. Since only it truly exists and everything else is an illusion. This is already accepted by the staff in the cosmology blog as well. If you want to see what it mostly entails, it's in his section of it.

Back