• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The commoners thread: Discussing Ultima's "On the Many, Many Incoherences of the Tiering System"

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bunch of philosophical Absolutes (Nirvana, The Good, the Ein Sof, Taiji/Wuji) would qualify, but nonduality or Divine Simplicity aren't prerequisites for something to be considered an Absolute so not always.

That being said, the qualities of complete, eternal self-sufficiency combined with a state of perfection would be 1-A for a lot of possible definitions of what the "perfection" in question is.

A bunch of philosophical Absolutes (Nirvana, The Good, the Ein Sof, Taiji/Wuji) would qualify, but nonduality or Divine Simplicity aren't prerequisites for something to be considered an Absolute so not always.
Nirvana isn't the absolute in all interpretations. In Chinese mythology, Wuji/Taji spawns from Dao/Tao. Non-duality and Divine Simplicity aren't needed per se, but they help a lot.
That being said, the qualities of complete, eternal self-sufficiency combined with a state of perfection would be 1-A for a lot of possible definitions of what the "perfection" in question is.
Yes.

irvana isn't the absolute in all interpretations. In Chinese mythology, Wuji/Taji spawns from Dao/Tao. Non-duality and Divine Simplicity aren't needed per se, but they help a lot.
Wuji and Taiji would be the Tao itself, tho.

Wuji is the unmanifested part of the Tao while the Taiji is the manifested one.

It's here to have general talk about this topic. There's the hub, but that's specifically for talking about verses that are getting revised.

In the simplest of terms, can someone explain what are the three laws of thought?
1. Law of Identity: An object is what it is.
2. Law of non-contradiction: A cannot be both A and B. The opposite, however, Law of Contradiction can indeed be both true and non-true.
2. Law of the excluded middle: Every statement is either true or false; there's nothing in between.

If it's hard to understand and you don't get any entertainment from trying to understand it, then just don't and just stick to the tiers and series you do understand. This ain't compulsory education, their are no tests or grades here.
Why are you mad? I just stated my opinion about this thing. Of course I'm doing this for entertainment, powerscaling IS for entertainment. If you can explain me 1A and High 1A then go on.

I sounded mad? I'm saying just have fun and don't care about anything beyond that, if you find understanding 1-A a chore then just don't do it. Well beyond following the rules of course.

Anyway, 1-A is for stuff that is equivalent to a higher reality seeing a lower reality as fiction, 1-A+ is made of an infinite hierarchy of higher realities seeing lower ones as fictions, while High 1-A is an even higher reality that sees not just a lower reality, but the entire 1-A hierarchy as equivalent to fictional.

Theirs some more nuance and rules of what does and doesn't qualify, but this is the basic explanation of how things work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back