• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Celestial Mountain RP - Registration

Name: Planos

World: A world where imagination reigns supreme and reality follows suit.

Appearance:
image0.webp

Character:
Lau Wong (Portal Creation restricted)

Ability:

Eye Beam:
A beam that Planos unleashes from his eyes, almost like a certain character. When it hits the opposing target, it destabilizes the body’s cells, destroying them on the cellular level.

Backstory: Coming from a world where reality is fluid and all inhabitants can freely change it, nothing was certain. Imagination reigned supreme and thousands to billions of dreams were shattered. Taking a gander at the chaotic nature of his realm, Planos took it upon himself to change it for the better. As such, he began to forcefully mold his reality to make it solid, tougher. The ruling authorities didn’t take too kindly to his mission and banished him from the realm, stripping him of his abilities. Now, looking upon the Celestial Mountain, this is his opportunity to better his reality.

Last edited:
Name: Ivan the Terrible, The Great Tsar

Age: At least 450 years old, possibly over 6000 years old.

World: A frigid world where the strongest factions now fight over the land.

Appearance: This

Character: Ivan the Terrible (Type 9 immortality restricted, nerfing fear manip to remove the passing out part, weaknesses removed, and summoning unrestricted to sleeping but nerfed to only 200 at a time.)

Ability:

Ideologiya Velikogo Tsarya (Идеология Великого Царя or: The Great Tsar's Ideology): Ivan the Terrible's own convictions Incarnate. Once called upon by name this ability acts to empower Ivan and severely cripple his enemies, kicking up a Blizzard, dropping the temperature to -100° Celsius, Empowering Ivan and multiplying all of his statistics by 4x, and weakening his enemies by 2x, although anyone Ivan chooses will have perfect vision within the Blizzard.

Backstory: Ivan the Terrible. The first Tsar of his world, six thousand years ago he lead many military campaigns until he merged himself with one of the strongest Beasts of his world to survive a deathly cold that had taken the land around him. Being thought dead after a last ditch effort attack by his greatest enemy he survived by a miraculous transformation into something more. Whether or not he survived that time or simply has been summoned by the Celestial Mountain is unknown, but it appears he wants to join our heroes on their journey, for better... or worse.

I fear I may have gone a little overboard with the ability, just tell me if I need to nerf how much it amps or just how low it drops the temperature

Name: Ivan the Terrible, The Great Tsar

Age: At least 450 years old, possibly over 6000 years old.

World: A frigid world where the strongest factions now fight over the land.

Appearance: This

Character: Ivan the Terrible (Type 9 immortality restricted, nerfing fear manip to remove the passing out part, weaknesses removed, and summoning unrestricted to sleeping but nerfed to only 200 at a time.)

Ability:

Ideologiya Velikogo Tsarya (Идеология Великого Царя or: The Great Tsar's Ideology): Ivan the Terrible's own convictions Incarnate. Once called upon by name this ability acts to empower Ivan and severely cripple his enemies, kicking up a Blizzard, dropping the temperature to -100° Celsius, Empowering Ivan and multiplying all of his statistics by 4x, and weakening his enemies by 2x, although anyone Ivan chooses will have perfect vision within the Blizzard.

Backstory: Ivan the Terrible. The first Tsar of his world, six thousand years ago he lead many military campaigns until he merged himself with one of the strongest Beasts of his world to survive a deathly cold that had taken the land around him. Being thought dead after a last ditch effort attack by his greatest enemy he survived by a miraculous transformation into something more. Whether or not he survived that time or simply has been summoned by the Celestial Mountain is unknown, but it appears he wants to join our heroes on their journey, for better... or worse.
Bump

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but unless we get a new GM this is basically dead as he hasn't replied in a while.
I was partly responsible for this since I left this RP under a sour note due to multiple issues (most notably the double standards of what was initially "allowed" in terms of hax).

It didn't help a couple others left the RP too (one of them even got banned iirc). I don't what to make any assumptions but I feel like the GM probably got overwhelmed trying to balance all the PCs, enforcing their ruleset, maintaining their world building and all this while some folks will try anything to exploit any loophole possible to bend or evade the ruleset (albeit I was informed this is the norm for VSBW RPs).

Last edited:
I was partly responsible for this since I left this RP under a sour note due to multiple issues (most notably the double standards of what was initially "allowed" in terms of hax).

It didn't help a couple others left the RP too (one of them even got banned iirc). I don't what to make any assumptions but I feel like the GM probably got overwhelmed trying to balance all the PCs, enforcing their ruleset, maintaining their world building and all this while some folks will anything to exploit any loophole possible to bend or evade the ruleset (albeit I was informed that is the norm for VSBW RPs).
Yeah, I can see that. While I'm not easily overwhelmed at all I tend to forget some RPs even exist

My biggest issue is that I like to have the biggest baddest mother ******* as my characters but my characters are usually decent to good regardless and conflict and arguments are the best way to build characters.

My biggest issue is that I like to have the biggest baddest mother ******* as my characters but my characters are usually decent to good regardless and conflict and arguments are the best way to build characters
I also like playing a good guy, and while having a strong character is cool, if that's your entire character then it tends to be pretty boring imo.

Personally I like to base my characters around a certain archetype or use powers that work well with one another to make a cool combination, and if it turns out to be a strong build then so be it.

But by damn I am gonna test that Ivan the Terrible character concept to see how I do with a character like him.
I also like playing a good guy, and while having a strong character is cool, if that's your entire character then it tends to be pretty boring imo.

Personally I like to base my characters around a certain archetype or use powers that work well with one another to make a cool combination, and if it turns out to be a strong build then so be it.
I'm fine with playing whatever, but as a vs debater I tend to go a but overboard. IE why I was worried the ability I made was too much

Back