• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boys TV Show, Massive Upgrades on the way!

Since this thread is discussing upgrades, from some character scaling to Great Wide Wonder, I think the characters could be adjusted to just 9-A based on that calculation.

Great Wide Wonder disperses clouds

Pixel Scaling.
Feat here (0:15). I assumed the height of the average man in the US (175.26 cm) for the body of Great Wide Wonder.

I'm going to assume that the cloud is shaped like a cylinder. It appears to be a cirrus, which according to Vs Battles is an average of 1500 meters thick. Also according to Vs Battles, the average density of clouds is 1,003 kg/m³.

Volume of a cylinder = πr2h

π x 16.0655² x 1500 = 1216268.96361 m³.

Mass = 1216268,96361 x 1,003 = 1219917.7705 kg.

It's hard to visualize exactly when the clouds start moving and when they stop (as the scene cuts), so I'll assume 1.5 s (the feat lasts from 0:15 s to mid-0:16 s).

They moved by about 16.0655 m.

V = 16.0655/1.5 = 10.7103333333 m/s.

KE = 1219917.7705 x 10.7103333333² x 0.5 = 69969140.1434 joules = 0.0167230258 Tons de TNT (Small Building Level).

It seems consistent with the other characters in The Boys.

Currently I was just waiting on the 9-A calc to be accepted, since after that we would need to go through the Naqib downgrades and I wanted to keep Homelander's AP rating.

But if you can get that accepted I don't mind using either end since they're close to each other.
Maybe you could help summon some calculation members for evaluation.

I personally did, but I used an assumption that the blast was 686 meters away, as it took about 2 seconds for the shockwave to reach Starlight and Hueghie, and used an angsizing formula, although it could be wrong, I got between 1.9-2.6 tons of tnt.
Maybe you could do a blog about that one, because this may scale the top (maybe even the mid tiers) to High 8-C.

Maybe you could do a blog about that one, because this may scale the top (maybe even the mid tiers) to High 8-C.
Well we got a new shot of one of Solier Boy's explosion in this episode that requires less assumptions to measure and will be much higher.

Wonder is non-canon the the Amazon Series.

For scaling Maeve harming Homelander.... well it certainly makes all of our scaling now really weird.

That is just faulty IMO, Stormfront hasn't really shown being on par with Maeve, landing a mere hit opposed to the fact she got her butt kicked for the rest of the fight.

(Or maybe Queen Maeve increased her strength with training, but imo only thing issuing the scaling is Stormfront which can easily be explained).

That is just faulty IMO, Stormfront hasn't really shown being on par with Maeve, landing a mere hit opposed to the fact she got her butt kicked for the rest of the fight.
Even if a character is fodder, as long as they are able to tank hits from a character (even if that character floored them) and stay concious, they downscale from the attacker.

Yeah. You really can't say they aren't comparable if Stormfront could handle three people attacking her at once.

I get they can't do DCEU/MCU fight scenes but this season really lacked any ompf from high tier characters. Homelander felt more like Luke Cage than Superman power wise.

SF heavily downscales I guess, her performance against Maeve was really poor though. I suppose SF taking punishment from a held back Homelander supports she was somewhat in his league.

Wouldn't that mean Kimiko, Starlight, Black Noir and Kenji would somewhat backscale too? They are also comparable to Stormfront

Hm, that’d be an issue. We’d either have to give the Mid Tiers an “at most 8-C” rating or start calling outlier on Kimiko and Starlight fighting with SF.

Kimiko and Noir are very clearly meant to be below Homelander’s tier by both feats and statements.

imo an at most 8-C rating would be reasonable as we saw earlier in the season Kimiko surviving a SB explosion

Stormfront is much weaker than Ryan who wasn’t exactly annihilating soldier boy with his enraged laser vision.

Characters in lower tiers don’t immediately die in one punch from characters in higher tiers in this show (unless it’s Homelander they’re fighting really) and this is the case in a lot of fiction, saying they do leads to like 2 billion contradictions. This is why Maeve didn’t immediately behead Stormfront by punching her. She did, however, manage to completely stomp her.

Stormfront did less to Maeve than the TNT twins did to Soldier Boy. She really shouldn’t scale to her.

Or we could just, y'know, give Maeve a Post-Training key? I mean, she did train for Homelander after all.
It's just that the mid tiers scaling in the same ballpark makes very little sense when Homie completely one-shot Black Noir, who was capable of overpowering Kimiko, who's capable of harming Stormfront, and on it goes. Furthermore, Ryan's laser completely mutilated SF, but Soldier Boy was able to tank it with basically no injuries.

So the way I see it, we either treat Stormfront scaling to Maeve as an outlier, or simply acknowledge the possibility that she got a lot stronger with training. I don't think allowing the mid tiers to backscale from the Homelander tiers is wise IMO.

so a) stormfront simply doesn't scale as she got lolstomped by Maeve
b) maeve trained and got stronger, thus she gets a new key
c) everyone just backscales (stupid as we see BN getting one shotted by Homie plus Starlight/Kimiko getting manhandled by Soldier Boy ballpark or higher characters).

Honestly both a and b make sense so idk what to think at this point.

I don't think we necessarily need a season 3 key. Getting more skilled does not = getting a huge power boost. Stormfront surviving could just be an outlier, or Ryan's feat is the outlier.

Ryan is in no way an outlier.

-it was stated that his beams are stronger than even HL's when angry.
-damaged Soldier boy and withstood a punch from him

if he stays 8-C, HL vs Mr Incredible. If he gets 8-B against Tighten, we still win regardless ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

what about V24 Butcher vs Comic Homelander so he finally gets payback too

Heh, may be too much asking; but could someone do a blog for the episode 5 and 6 explosions? in the best of cases we could get 8-C mid tiers on top of the 8-B top tiers in the verse

Back