• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boys (TV Show): Speed Upgrades

While rewatching The Boys I discovered a speed feat, during episode 6 of season 2.

In this episode she is in New York and wants to go to the Sage Grove Center which is located in Pennsylvania, and she tells Homelander that she will be back in 20 minutes.

We don't have a precise time given, but what is certain is that Stormfront can travel the distance from New York to Pennsylvania in less than 20 minutes.

I don't know the exact distance between Pennsylvania-New York (200 or 300 km?) but I'm pretty sure we're in the Subsonic+ even if we lowball it to 20 minutes.

Note: I couldn't find the feat on youtube and I can't screen on Amazon prime so I can't show the feat, but it's in ep 6 of season 2

The characters that scale to Stromfront are as follows:

All his characters should go from Superhuman to Subsonic+ (If any calc member made a Calc.)

While rewatching The Boys I discovered a speed feat, during episode 6 of season 2.

In this episode she is in New York and wants to go to the Sage Grove Center which is located in Pennsylvania, and she tells Homelander that she will be back in 20 minutes.

We don't have a precise time given, but what is certain is that Stormfront can travel the distance from New York to Pennsylvania in less than 20 minutes.

I don't know the exact distance between Pennsylvania-New York (200 or 300 km?) but I'm pretty sure we're in the Subsonic+ even if we lowball it to 20 minutes.

Note: I couldn't find the feat on youtube and I can't screen on Amazon prime so I can't show the feat, but it's in ep 6 of season 2

The characters that scale to Stromfront are as follows:

All his characters should go from Superhuman to Subsonic+ (If any calc member made a Calc.)
That'd just be a travel speed feat and the distance is about 200 miles traveling that distance in 20 minutes would yield
268.224166667 subsonic+ speeds

My calculations say
274.2km distance
Done in 20 minutes 820km/h subsonic+
If assume she would be able to get back too it's 1639km/h Supersonic

Well , if I remember correctly she took way more than 20 minutes, and she might not mean actually 20 minutes, since Homelander is hypersonic I think it's actually possible for her to be Supersonic

That'd just be a travel speed feat and the distance is about 200 miles traveling that distance in 20 minutes would yield
268.224166667 subsonic+ speeds
Doesn't that scale to her reaction speed?
My calculations say
274.2km distance

Well , if I remember correctly she took way more than 20 minutes, and she might not mean actually 20 minutes, since Homelander is hypersonic I think it's actually possible for her to be Supersonic
She was late because of the mess the Boys made. Keep in mind that 20m is an extreme lowball

Maybe but isn't she hypersonic already? I thought the point was to increase her movement speed.

I know, but 20 minutes is not a extreme lowball
She is Superhuman in her page.

She told Homelander she'll be back in 20 minutes, which means she planned to travel the distance Pennsylvania-New York twice in less than 20 minutes

Is there any reason why she isn't scaling on Homelander like Queen Maeve?

Which is what I said

Supersonic
Only Post-training Maeve (Second Key) is Hypersonic+, Stormfront and Pre-training Maeve have no feats or statements which allow them to scale to Holelander.

She is Superhuman in her page.

She told Homelander she'll be back in 20 minutes, which means she planned to travel the distance Pennsylvania-New York twice in less than 20 minutes
Yes this makes sense
She already knew the time it’ll take her to travel such distance

Since moving around is something she does regularly

Having that said, wouldn’t this just be flight speed
No one scales to that asides stormfront

This would scale to reactions as people can dodge Stormfront's electricity which propels her flight

My calculations say
274.2km distance

Yeah this interpretation makes more sense to me; if I say I'll be back in 20 minutes I mean the two way trip is done in that time

Yeah this interpretation makes more sense to me; if I say I'll be back in 20 minutes I mean the two way trip is done in that time
And a lot of times in fiction they say things like "I will be back in 5" or "I will be here before you realize I was gone" when actually they don't mean it for real.

I do believe that Stormfront should be capable of that much but still not a very reliable statement.

Any evidence of Stormfront's flight speed scaling to her reactions and etc?

And a lot of times in fiction they say things like "I will be back in 5" or "I will be here before you realize I was gone" when actually they don't mean it for real.

I do believe that Stormfront should be capable of that much but still not a very reliable statement.
Stormfront had experience with her power and had flown into the Sage Grove Center plenty of times, so there is no reason to consider her statement unreliable .

Last edited:
Doesn't that scale to her reaction speed?
No

Regarding Travel/Flight Feats and Reactions​

If a character travels or flies very fast through a very empty terrain, in which it doesn't necessarily have to react to sudden obstacles, the speed in question is travel or flight speed, but not necessarily reaction speed. In order for it to also be reaction speed, and the speed in total hence applying to the character's combat speed, the character either must have demonstrated the ability to react to sudden obstacles while traveling at this speed, have a calculation made that supports the character having corresponding reaction speed/time or otherwise demonstrate having comparable reactions.

Simply being able to stop accurately at the target destination does typically not qualify, as it can be spotted from a large distance to make preparations to stop or the character could even slow down before reaching the destination, assuming we only know the average speed with which they moved.

The typical example of such cases of travel/flight speed that doesn't necessarily scale to reactions is space travel. As space is incredibly empty there are virtually no objects one has to navigate around between destinations. Just flying in a straight line from A to B would be safe. At the same time the typical destinations, such as stars and planets, are so large that they can easily be seen from millions of kilometers away. As a result a character would only need reactions equal to a miniscule fraction of their travel speed to perform a safe and precise landing on them.
You have to show that she can react to objects while flying at that speed for it to count as combat speed. Or give another reason why her flight should scale to her other stats.
She leaves at 35:00 and comes back at 41:05 (roughly). Using the Lat and Long of the cities its a distance of 403 kilometers which would add up to 2.64 km/s.

Well it would be if this was a continuous scene and didn't have multiple moments of time cuts like the house raid, Homelander fighting the guys, Butcher and crew driving to a new area and then driving back.

Overall I get supersonic flight speed since she can fly to other countries under her own power and it doesn't take an unreasonable amount of time, but this would all still be flight speed and wouldn't scale to her combat speed.

No

You have to show that she can react to objects while flying at that speed for it to count as combat speed. Or give another reason why her flight should scale to her other stats.

She leaves at 35:00 and comes back at 41:05 (roughly). Using the Lat and Long of the cities its a distance of 403 kilometers which would add up to 2.64 km/s.

Well it would be if this was a continuous scene and didn't have multiple moments of time cuts like the house raid, Homelander fighting the guys, Butcher and crew driving to a new area and then driving back.

Overall I get supersonic flight speed since she can fly to other countries under her own power and it doesn't take an unreasonable amount of time, but this would all still be flight speed and wouldn't scale to her combat speed.
So the changes can be applied?

Give me a useable timeframe and I can do it. We have 273.2km as the distance, with a source. We just need the time.
My calculations say
274.2km distance

Back