• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boys TV Show, Massive Upgrades on the way!

The season finale episode of The Boys Presents: Diabolical is the only canon episode to the main show, and in it, we get some new feats for scaling.

1. Homelander Tanks an Oil Tank Explosion (Here). The calc has been accepted, and upgrades Homelander's durability to Low 7C. As he never gets hurt by anyone, and therefore never hurts characters of a similar caliber, his AP does not scale.
  2. Black Noir should scale to Homelander's Supersonic Speed, as he was able to react to and avoid Homelander multiple times throughout their fight. Homelander did have killing intent during this engagement, as he thought Noir was going to out him and ruin his career.
PROPOSED EDITS:

Homelander's durability:
At least Low 7C (Was able to tank this massive explosion with minor injuries)

Black Noir's speed: At least Superhuman (Was stated to move faster than a car by Mother's Milk), likely Supersonic (Was able to avoid numerous attacks from Homelander)

Edit: We should also add smoke grenades to Black Noir's gear list.

Last edited:
Currently I was just waiting on the 9-A calc to be accepted, since after that we would need to go through the Naqib downgrades and I wanted to keep Homelander's AP rating.

But if you can get that accepted I don't mind using either end since they're close to each other.

Currently I was just waiting on the 9-A calc to be accepted, since after that we would need to go through the Naqib downgrades and I wanted to keep Homelander's AP rating.

But if you can get that accepted I don't mind using either end since they're close to each other.
I think because my calc accounts for the full size of the explosion to find its yield, instead of only counting the destruction of certain sturctures it is a little more precise.

Regardless, Homelander's stats are so lopsided Lmao.

Edit: My calc has been accepted. I think both of ours have been

Will his AP scale to his dura when season 3 comes out?

He gets a black eye in season 3 but he’s still going to be the strongest superhero so, probably.
We'll have to wait and see what causes it.

There's also the sad chance him getting a black eye is an anti-feat...

Well at the moment durability can be upgraded since that was never in question. The hold up was always the 9-A calc for Homelander getting accepted

Just calced Black Noir's durability from the explosion. I'll be putting it up for evaluation shortly.

I don't think that also applies to Black Noir since he looked completely fine after that without any after effects

I don't think that also applies to Black Noir since he looked completely fine after that without any after effects
Well he would have only taken about 7 tons of tnt, so it only puts him at High 8C, but I can understand the hesitation.

Edit: I'll put it up and we'll see how it does. It might also scale to most of the verse as Black Noir gets into plenty of fights, but idk if anyone injures him though.

So uhh I think We can upgrade Homelander's AP to Small Town Level.
I mean, I'm not really seeing that honestly.

He had three people on him that landed at least a collective dozens of hits and the most that happened was that his cheeks were sorta red. I just don't know if that really warrants Tier 7 scaling.

He had three people on him that landed at least a collective dozens of hits and the most that happened was that his cheeks were sorta red. I just don't know if that really warrants Tier 7 scaling.
I mean that is more damage than the explosion did to him, which was basically nothing. He was grunting and wincing from being hit as well. In reality you aren't just going to magically show dozens of bruise marks all over your skin. In animation it's easy to just put multiple crossing lines on a characters body and there you go, damage.

I think it should be taken into consideration at the least. I don't think anyone needs to break his bones, make him bleed, or turn the spot they punch instantly purple/red in order to scale. The explosion blast only really left a little bit a dirt on him, with nothing to suggest it even caused him any kind of pain.

Since those lines on his face are on his costume too so I'm pretty sure he was just dirty.

Also what does it being Tier 7 have to do with it? The number doesn't matter unless it's an outlier, but that has nothing to do with scaling in general. If Tier 7 is too high for the verse then that is a different thing all together, which I won't really bring up or get into as I'm not the best when it comes to thinking about this stuff.

(Despite that I'd suggest to wait until the season is over before updating any profiles, but I know most people don't really want to do that)

I mean that is more damage than the explosion did to him, which was basically nothing.
He coughed up blood didn't he? That's more than what they did.
. I don't think anyone needs to break his bones, make him bleed, or turn the spot they punch instantly purple/red in order to scale
If after dozens of hits the most you do is make one side of his cheek slightly red, that's evidence against scaling. Even one of the flimsy scaling reasonings with MCU Iron Man scaling to Thanos still had him cut his cheek a little bit.
Also what does it being Tier 7 have to do with it?
Because... that's the tier they would be scaled to?

Back