• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Homelander (Amazon) possible upgrades.

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
So recently Amazon released a spin off show. Usually I'd probably just say its non canon but this tweet does exist
So in Episode 8, which from what I can tell doesn't break anything with the show canon, has some feats from Homelander

Finally the main reason why I made this thread. While at a chemical plant, Homelander causes it to explode and withstands the explosion at the origin point.

Now I don't have a calc for it, but considering the size of the plant I think something like "At least High 8-C" wouldn't be unwarranted for the explosion. However since Homelander coughed up blood this also represents more of his upper durability limit.

As a note this may only scale to his durability.

Last edited:
Okay yeah I see I can definitely agree to some upgrades after this

I think the fragmentation of the concrete and metal in the second gif are justifications for his 9-A rating though.

That's sounds about right they certainly aren't 9-B but yeah that massive explosion definitely gives some room to work on

Did he really cough of blood, looks like he's coughing up smoke to me.

Regardless that should be a good feat to calc for his durability. Not okay with just rating it High 8-C for no reason, it needs to be calculated.

Also good to get the other feats calculated, since the current 9-A calc they scale to is incorrect.

We're more strict on the PSI value for explosions.

The 9-A explosion didn't even destroy the walls of the house, yet if my calc was correct it would've shattered the entire building. The actual PSI value wouldn't be 20, but at most 0.45 for shattering windows. Which drops the results to 500 KJ or 9-B. I've just been to lazy to correct it or make a thread about it.

Unless The Boys got another 9-A feat that I'm unaware of.

Note: The OP explosion is fine for 20 PSI though, basically destroyed everything.

Unless The Boys got another 9-A feat that I'm unaware of.
Afaik the only ones that can be 9-A are the following
  • The armored truck if it hasn't been calced
  • The RPG explosion from episode 8 that they were semi-confident would actually harm Stormfront
  • Kenji's helicopter crush and bus slam
  • The feats linked above for Homelander cratering concrete and steel. Though it would of course only ever scale to him.
Did he really cough of blood, looks like he's coughing up smoke to me.
You may be right, it is a different color from the blood.

Honestly, shouldn't this be seperated with another page?

The 9-A downgrades sure. But this is about the Homelander feat.
Ye, but what bothers me is that why would the live action Homelander scale to the animated one if that's not canon to that universe? Which is why I suggested a seperate page for the animated homelander.

why would the live action Homelander scale to the animated one if that's not canon to that universe?
But it is. To explain
From the show runner we know that a "couple" of the 8 episodes are canon. Now we have to determine if Episode 8 is:
  • At the start of the episode both Stillwell and Stanford use their Amazon designs
  • Black Noir uses his Amazon design
  • Homelander's backstory of extreme testing fits with the known Amazon backstory
  • Homelander's made up backstory is the same as the Amazon TV show
  • Homelander's design is mostly the same, only missing the eagles on the shoulders and unlike other episodes he's directly voiced by his live action actor
  • Nothing in the episode contradicts what we know of from the universe
Now lets look at two episodes that cannot be canon to the Amazon show: Episode 3 and Episode 1

Episode 1
  • The show operates on cartoon physics with a gore twist, something contradicted heavily by the show
  • The episode showcases superhuman babies being adopted through Vought, something never hinted at or established in the show
  • The laser eye baby is different from the laser eye baby in the show
  • The main bad guy, the floating big brain dude, clashes heavily with the show
Episode 3
  • All of the characters use their comic designs not the Amazon designs
  • Maeve can fly, something she cannot do in the TV series
  • All the characters are voiced by people that match their comic versions (Hughie for example is from Scotland)
  • The superheroes in the episode, such as Jack from Jupiter, use their comic backstories such as Vought literally acting like Jack comes from Jupiter or that there is alien invasions
  • The degeneracy of the superheroes does not match the degeneracy of the Amazon version, they're far more typical for the comic versions (such as one superhero drinking the blood of cancer victims and the like to get hard)
So to summarize
  • According to WoG some episodes are indeed canon
  • The episode in question aligns with everything we know from the show
  • Other episodes that aren't canon have obvious examples of not being canon or issues that can be reconciled, such as Episode 7 having a known supervillain as a character, something that what not exist in the show until after Season 1
  • The feat preformed by Homelander in the cartoon is not an outlier for the live action version, as the live action version has never been injured and it backs Stillwell's statement that everything Vought threw at him did any damage

Last edited:
So recently Amazon released a spin off show. Usually I'd probably just say its non canon but this tweet does exist
Aren't a few others also canon
Finally the main reason why I made this thread. While at a chemical plant, Homelander causes it to explode and withstands the explosion at the origin point.
Yeah this needs to be calculated easily
Shit is hype
Now I don't have a calc for it, but considering the size of the plant I think something like "At least High 8-C" wouldn't be unwarranted for the explosion. However since Homelander coughed up blood this also represents more of his upper durability limit.
I think the coughing is clearly because of smoke tbh
It doesn't seem consistent he'd have internal bleeding from the blast over something like burns

But it is. To explain

From the show runner we know that a "couple" of the 8 episodes are canon. Now we have to determine if Episode 8 is:
  • At the start of the episode both Stillwell and Stanford use their Amazon designs
  • Black Noir uses his Amazon design
  • Homelander's backstory of extreme testing fits with the known Amazon backstory
  • Homelander's made up backstory is the same as the Amazon TV show
  • Homelander's design is mostly the same, only missing the eagles on the shoulders and unlike other episodes he's directly voiced by his live action actor
  • Nothing in the episode contradicts what we know of from the universe
Now lets look at two episodes that cannot be canon to the Amazon show: Episode 3 and Episode 1

Episode 1
  • The show operates on cartoon physics with a gore twist, something contradicted heavily by the show
  • The episode showcases superhuman babies being adopted through Vought, something never hinted at or established in the show
  • The laser eye baby is different from the laser eye baby in the show
  • The main bad guy, the floating big brain dude, clashes heavily with the show
Episode 3
  • All of the characters use their comic designs not the Amazon designs
  • Maeve can fly, something she cannot do in the TV series
  • All the characters are voiced by people that match their comic versions (Hughie for example is from Scotland)
  • The superheroes in the episode, such as Jack from Jupiter, use their comic backstories such as Vought literally acting like Jack comes from Jupiter or that there is alien invasions
  • The degeneracy of the superheroes does not match the degeneracy of the Amazon version, they're far more typical for the comic versions (such as one superhero drinking the blood of cancer victims and the like to get hard)
So to summarize
  • According to WoG some episodes are indeed canon
  • The episode in question aligns with everything we know from the show
  • Other episodes that aren't canon have obvious examples of not being canon or issues that can be reconciled, such as Episode 7 having a known supervillain as a character, something that what not exist in the show until after Season 1
  • The feat preformed by Homelander in the cartoon is not an outlier for the live action version, as the live action version has never been injured and it backs Stillwell's statement that everything Vought threw at him did any damage
Hm, I see, but this seems kinda sketchy

Hm, I see, but this seems kinda sketchy
If it makes you feel better yesterday the show runner said this
“The finale is canon, yeah. I thought [Simon] did such a good job with it. I don’t think we had any specific plans going in for it to for sure be canon. But he just did such a good job writing and directing it, that watching it, I was like, ‘This is for sure what happened.’"

Since ep 8 is considered canon to The Boys live action series, shouldn't Homelander gain some resistances from the experiments and tests he went through as a child?

But even then Stillwell claiming that nearly every bomb that never worked on Homelander is still pushing it to the extent

But even then Stillwell claiming that nearly every bomb that never worked on Homelander is still pushing it to the extent
I feel like that's bordering on argument from incredulity tbh, just chalk it up to animation not being limited by the same physics as live action while still being part of the same continuity and move on.

Character A claims nearly any bomb didn't work on Character B. Character B then proceeds to tank an explosion comparable to a bomb, I honestly don't see any issues here.

I feel like that's bordering on argument from incredulity tbh, just chalk it up to animation not being limited by the same physics as live action while still being part of the same continuity and move on.

Character A claims nearly any bomb didn't work on Character B. Character B then proceeds to tank an explosion comparable to a bomb, I honestly don't see any issues here.
But what sense does that even make? If every weapon never worked on Homelander it would've been tearing half the world apart and Homelander has never really shown to be capable of surviving such nuclear explosions like that

made a calc for the chemical plant exploding
Huh, my guess was right. Neat.

Homelander it would've been tearing half the world apart
No human weapon can do that. Homelander also said he was perfectly capable of exterminating humanity and no one ever contradicted that claim, but by that same notion you do not have to be Tier 7 to be able to wipe out humanity. A hypersonic Tier 9/8 character would be able to wipe out any military they encounter for example.

Homelander has never really shown to be capable of surviving such nuclear explosions like
Vought isn't their comic version. They're just a big corporation in the TV series. Them getting access to nuclear weapons, unless Season 3 changes it, is not backed by anything. Now stuff like rockets and tanks sure, but nuclear weapons? Not possible.

Vought isn't their comic version. They're just a big corporation in the TV series. Them getting access to nuclear weapons, unless Season 3 changes it, is not backed by anything. Now stuff like rockets and tanks sure, but nuclear weapons? Not possible.
Literally it's a plot point that vought in the TV series was struggling to get military contractors and that's why they devised plans to make super villains as a roundabout way to aquire them so I doubt they'd have any real firepower on the level of nukes or like ballistic missiles

Homelander shouldn't be Tier 7 until we get something solid for it (Like if he cuts a skyscraper in half or something)
This would only apply to his durability, yeah.

But the feat might be 8-B or 8-A with the 20 psi figure mentioned earlier I guess.

This would only apply to his durability, yeah.

But the feat might be 8-B or 8-A with the 20 psi figure mentioned earlier I guess.
But wouldn't he be able to harm someone that scales to his dura?

But wouldn't he be able to harm someone that scales to his dura?
The big problem is that no one he fights is remotely close to his level. He can just be a 9-B to 9-A Brick with Tier 8 durability and still be able to one shot everyone else.

Like:
  • Noir: Ran away from Homelander because he would die if Homelander caught him
  • Maeve: Completely confident Homelander would be able to kill not only her but everyone present at the Vought facility without much effort
  • Stormfront: Consistently scarred of Homelander getting mad and seriously trying to fight her
  • Starlight: He easily overpowered her and could have killed her by just stabbing her with his fingers
Quite literally no one besides maybe his son is on his level. Until he fights someone capable of damaging himself he can't scale to his durability. Besides scaling his best AP is the fragmentation of the metal, which probably should also he calculated.

The big problem is that no one he fights is remotely close to his level. He can just be a 9-B to 9-A Brick with Tier 8 durability and still be able to one shot everyone else.

Like:
  • Noir: Ran away from Homelander because he would die if Homelander caught him
  • Maeve: Completely confident Homelander would be able to kill not only her but everyone present at the Vought facility without much effort
  • Stormfront: Consistently scarred of Homelander getting mad and seriously trying to fight her
  • Starlight: He easily overpowered her and could have killed her by just stabbing her with his finger
Quite literally no one besides maybe his son is on his level. Until he fights someone capable of damaging himself he can't scale to his durability. Besides scaling his best AP is the fragmentation of the metal, which probably should also he calculated.
yeah agreed, Homelander should just be a stone wall

Huh, my guess was right. Neat.

No human weapon can do that. Homelander also said he was perfectly capable of exterminating humanity and no one ever contradicted that claim, but by that same notion you do not have to be Tier 7 to be able to wipe out humanity. A hypersonic Tier 9/8 character would be able to wipe out any military they encounter for example.

I can agree with sone of what you said but I’m pretty sure homelander would have to be rated a bit higher then what he is(or get a speed upgrade) in order to wipe out humanity. We already have multiple weapons that are faster and could one shot homelander.

He'd certainly do a lot of damage either way
Especially if they don't use Nukes/heavy explosives off the bat

Homelander is a massive narcissist to the point of a god complex, I don't think him claiming he can wipe out humanity should be taken at face value anyway :v

He'd certainly do a lot of damage either way
Especially if they don't use Nukes/heavy explosives off the bat
I agree but not enough to wipe out humanity, heck I don’t he could even get past America much less the rest of the world
Homelander is a massive narcissist to the point of a god complex, I don't think him claiming he can wipe out humanity should be taken at face value anyway :v
I’d agree but mavee never called him out on it and decided to us blackmail instead

I’d agree but mavee never called him out on it and decided to us blackmail instead
the exact quote was "I'll destroy everything" from season 2 right?
there wouldn't be any reason to call him out for not being able to uphold his threat to a T, he'd still easily be able to kill thousands upon thousands of people

the exact quote was "I'll destroy everything" from season 2 right?
there wouldn't be any reason to call him out for not being able to uphold his threat to a T, he'd still easily be able to kill thousands upon thousands of people
Ya but not wipe out humanity.
Idk. At Mach 4.5 as long as he's mostly aware nothing we have outside of proximity explosive and giant missiles can touch him
To a degree but like don’t we have Mach 25 missles or something? Shouldn’t that be enough to blitz him?

Ya but not wipe out humanity.

To a degree but like don’t we have Mach 25 missles or something? Shouldn’t that be enough to blitz him?
From a quick google search the current fastest missile we have is the BrahMos and that’s only about mach 3 at its max speed

Dunno if there’s any weapon that’s faster though

Back