• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
"Should cut through Stormfront's plasma bolts" instead of boosting the rocket's power, yeah that seems important
Yeah, if they could blow her up with the RPG, they would simply use the RPG. Instead, they modified it to mess around with her powers.

Yeah, if they could blow her up with the RPG, they would simply use the RPG. Instead, they modified it to mess around with her powers.
If they couldn't blow her up with the RPG, she'd have felt no need to blast it before it could be used. Especially since she wouldn't know of the mods.

I disagree with the RPG feat, it would not have been considered an option if her durability scaled far above it.
They saw Noir survive explosions and he isn't bulletproof. They probably thought "well, might as well bring the most power we can".
If they couldn't blow her up with the RPG, she'd have felt no need to blast it before it could be used. Especially since she wouldn't know of the mods.
I think that was just a precaution on her part, to reduce threat potential (and only deal with Kimiko and Annie at worst). Also, she later attacked the boys because they were shooting at her and she is bulletproof. She maybe did it simply to mess up with them, since they exposed her.

I think Stormfrom still probably would rather not get hit by some RPGs. If she can avoid unnessecary damage and weaken The Boys arsenal while she's at it, why would she not take it? Even if she would survive the RPG explosion, it just gets rid of an annoyance and makes the opponent she's fighting stand even less of a chance against her.

Plus the fact that they added modifications to it to nullify her powers implies that they thought that even the normal warheads wouldn't be enough to put her down, and that they would have to rely on the EMP for the RPGs to do anything useful.

What ability/abilities do you guys think the V'd tumor ("Joe Kessler") have? Specifically, I mean the part where Joe makes a deal with Butcher, and this makes Butcher go from "dying on his bed" to "almost perfect health" just like that.

Because, we know Joe is merely a representation of Butcher's dark side, his desire for the death and destruction of supes, and isn't actually real. However, somehow Butcher embracing his dark side made him recover.

Does this mean the tumor has some sentience? When Butcher gets the drugs for Ryan's cookies, it's shown from his perspective like Joe got them, but since he isn't real, it had to be Butcher, so we know Butcher can conjure up some weird scenarios even if in reality they make no sense.
So the "deal" with the tumor was an actual deal or just a way for him to understand it? Even then, how he now has control of the tumor?

It is possible for the tumor to have influenced his personality.
But yeah, what ability/abilities is/are this/these?

What ability/abilities do you guys think the V'd tumor ("Joe Kessler") have? Specifically, I mean the part where Joe makes a deal with Butcher, and this makes Butcher go from "dying on his bed" to "almost perfect health" just like that.

Because, we know Joe is merely a representation of Butcher's dark side, his desire for the death and destruction of supes, and isn't actually real. However, somehow Butcher embracing his dark side made him recover.

Does this mean the tumor has some sentience? When Butcher gets the drugs for Ryan's cookies, it's shown from his perspective like Joe got them, but since he isn't real, it had to be Butcher, so we know Butcher can conjure up some weird scenarios even if in reality they make no sense.
So the "deal" with the tumor was an actual deal or just a way for him to understand it? Even then, how he now has control of the tumor?

It is possible for the tumor to have influenced his personality.
But yeah, what ability/abilities is/are this/these?
I thought the tumor was Kessler, and just chose to stop killing him.

Slight problem with the sandbox, "Pain Tolerance" has been rejected as an ability for a long time now, as far as I know.

The pain tolerance feats should get moved to the stamina section and the ability should be removed imo.
Oh, didn't know that one, will do in a bit!

What is the speed value for the 9-A characters? I know they are superhuman but how fast exactly?
If the calc gets accepted, Gen V characters would be 14.465 m/s

As for the Boys supes, there's no specific number, since idk if the running on walls calcs is actuall accepted. At least baseline, could be higher (Since noir is faster than a car)

I just saw S4E6. Yeah, I'm super behind & watching at a slow pace, but better late than never, right?
& also now I don't have to worry as much about spoilering people, right?

Felt a little... unimpactful. There was the info about Tek-Knight's senses, for all that's worth.
& I guess also the fact that apparently any virus that could kill Homelander would be "unstable" in that it'd go airborne, be super contagious & super lethal, apparently. IDK how a virus has to be all those to kill Homelander's biology, but eh.

I'm not sure if there was any basis for pain tolerance for Huey in the torture scene.

Honestly, it's embarassing for Homelander that he didn't hear what happened in The Tek Cave, as well as that he hasn't realized A Train is the mole by now.
& also, for all of Tek-Knight's intelligence, he sure wasn't good at realizing the Webweaver he had was an impostor.
His billionaire security & foresight were terribly lacking, too.
Why even have his laptop there, so unsecured when he was expecting guests?

Also, I wonder if anyone will notice that several huge, arguably uncharacteristic donations were made in his name shortly before he died. Then again, I don't expect that kind of attention to detail from this show, I feel sorry to say.

The info about the Joe Kessler tumor hallucination is interesting.
Hasn't other stuff in the setting of The Boys had things like... ugh self-aware tumors with superpowers or something, like in Diabolical?

I guess also the fact that apparently any virus that could kill Homelander would be "unstable" in that it'd go airborne, be super contagious & super lethal, apparently. IDK how a virus has to be all those to kill Homelander's biology, but eh.
That should've been kinda obvious with the concept of his character. Like, how he's pretty much invincible?
Honestly, it's embarassing for Homelander that he didn't hear what happened in The Tek Cave,
I kinda think his enhanced senses are only activation based, and not passive. There are a lotta scenes in the show where Homie notices the most little thing when he's paying attention, but doesn't notice things as much while he's not.
as well as that he hasn't realized A Train is the mole by now.
Intelligence ain't his thing man. That's why he loses like... 100% of his vs matchups on the site?
also, for all of Tek-Knight's intelligence, he sure wasn't good at realizing the Webweaver he had was an impostor.
His billionaire security & foresight were terribly lacking, too.
Why even have his laptop there, so unsecured when he was expecting guests?
Agree with these. Tek-Knight's a dumbass, even though the story implied otherwise.

That should've been kinda obvious with the concept of his character. Like, how he's pretty much invincible?
Being invincible/invulnerable doesn't always mean protection from disease, nor from stuff going after your internals.
Wasn't this the same show that had the bulletproof Translucent die to internal organ damage?

Admittedly, Homelander is made of far tougher stuff, but still.
I kinda think his enhanced senses are only activation based, and not passive. There are a lotta scenes in the show where Homie notices the most little thing when he's paying attention, but doesn't notice things as much while he's not.
Wasn't there a scene 1 or more seasons ago where Homelander heard The Boys in the city, & confronted them while they were in a vehicle?
I forget if that was passive or active sensing there.
Intelligence ain't his thing man. That's why he loses like... 100% of his vs matchups on the site?
Tragic & shameful of him, but definitely agreed.
All the things Vought tried to teach & imprint on their bio-engineered bounty, & he never got in some good tactics, strategy, CQC, or just general smarts, no?

Makes me wonder: If Homelander had to go to school, what would he get the best grades in, other than phys-ed?
No duress, no bribery, no extortion, no athlete scholarship.

Would he like, major in politics or sociology or something?
Agree with these. Tek-Knight's a dumbass, even though the story implied otherwise.
Yeah.
Maybe he's only an inventor genius or a business genius, not so much for security?
Those often overlap, IRL, but even IRL it's possible to both have & lack 1 or more, & we all know in fiction it's possible to be a genius & an idiot.

Though, foolishly of me, I kinda missed it: What's his story-implied genius supposed to be for?

Being invincible/invulnerable doesn't always mean protection from disease, nor from stuff going after your internals.
Wasn't this the same show that had the bulletproof Translucent die to internal organ damage?

Admittedly, Homelander is made of far tougher stuff, but still.
idk if you watched Gen V or not, but the disease stuff is explained more there. Might be a good idea to check out the show.
Wasn't there a scene 1 or more seasons ago where Homelander heard The Boys in the city, & confronted them while they were in a vehicle?
I forget if that was passive or active sensing there.
Homelander was actively searching for Translucent so it's very likely that he was just keeping his Enhanced Senses active tbh.
Tragic & shameful of him, but definitely agreed.
All the things Vought tried to teach & imprint on their bio-engineered bounty, & he never got in some good tactics, strategy, CQC, or just general smarts, no?

Makes me wonder: If Homelander had to go to school, what would he get the best grades in, other than phys-ed?
No duress, no bribery, no extortion, no athlete scholarship.

Would he like, major in politics or sociology or something?
I mean, supes in general don't get that kind of training, if they haven't already trained before becoming one (like Soldier Boy). Especially in Homelander's case. He's pretty much just a lab rat, but stronger, smarter and better.

It's very much shown in the series that Homelander can't really do anything without Vought's care sooooo... He'd get expelled I guess?
Though, foolishly of me, I kinda missed it: What's his story-implied genius supposed to be for?
Watch Gen V I guess.

Back