• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Neat! Any idea if we have other feats for young Homelander heat resistance?
In the Diabolical S1E8, we see kid Homelander getting his hand getting dipped into.. idk, fire? Hard to tell, but it was glowing hot. And adult Homelander takes an explosion to the face without any burns.

You only hear one explosion go off for the first one but I suppose that could be a chain reaction. However the other two are clearly Stormfront. Her throwing that object and her collapsing an entire room definitely seems like it could get higher than 9-B. I'm using these calculations to gauge what it would be and it seems to be in the 9-A to 8-C range.
I'll check them out, but one thing for sure, it won't 8-C lol. 9-B+ to maybe 9-A eyeballing it

Thoughts on Season 4 Episode 7 (Spoilers):
It was okay. Not bad, not great. Lets start with some positives.

The Deep killing his octopus lover was funnier than I was expecting it to be.

The Deep & Noir vs Butcher & Starlight fight was sick as hell. I loved seeing The Deep actually square up for once and show that he's not a pushover in the verse. It was also cool seeing the New Noir in a fight, and the scene overall was really well done.

Butcher, Starlight, & Hughie getting the files was interesting & had good tention, though I feel like the chase could've been better edited.

Ryans speach at the end of the episode was nice, it shows that Ryan is still a good person & hasn't followed his father in his footsteps yet.

That ending caught me off guard and was a great twist, excited to see how this goes next episode.

A-Trains redemption arc only got better when he helped fight off The Deep & cut out his chip, showing that he truely isn't apart of The Seven anymore, and I hope we get to see him as an official member of The Boys soon. (He is so unbelievably cooked next episode)

Now for the negatives:

I didn't find the Webweaver interrogation funny or enjoyable at all, the entire time I just wanted to skip past the scene and look up what happened later. Homelanders kill against Web Weaver was brutal as hell though, 8/10 kill, CGI could've been a bit better.

Litteraly seconds before Kimiko got stabbed with the needle I was pretty much yelling at the TV screen "Don't get to close Kimiko, he is going to stab you with the needle and try to get out, this should be obvious. Force him to put the needle on the table and then have him step away from it, it's an easy solution and you guys are smart enough to think about this." If some random 18 year old could think about this in a few seconds, the characters should've been smart enough to think about this as well. This just felt like very heavy PIS or CIS.

Butcher randomly getting reviled to have cheated on Becca was out of nowhere and seems very out of character for him. It didn't even add anything, it was just like "Guess what, Butcher f*cked a waitress one time while married to Becca" and nothing more.

The reviel of Sage sleeping with Black Noir as well was also out of nowhere, had minimal setup and really wasn't needed, though maybe this could lead to a future Black Noir vs Deep fight which could be cool, though I doubt it will.

Some of the shots & editing were weird in places, which kind of broke me out of the immersion.

Overall, good episode, not great though. It had some large flaws, but it still held up. Hopefully the finale is a bit better than this episode was. A-Train is so inhumanly cooked he's 1,000% dead bro is NOT seeing Season 5
The Deep now scales to Starlight & that cast of characters, so "9-B, possibly 9-A" Deep is official (I still think the characters deserve to be bumped to flat-out 9-A, but that CRT can wait until the end of the season). We can also probably remove the "Post-Heart Attack A-Train" key, as he could fight with Deep after his heart attack, so clearly the heart attack didn't weaken him that much.

Butcher might have "9-B, possibly 9-A" durability, as Noir & Deep were instructed to kill, but Butcher survived multiple attacks from Noir (who should realistically scale to the 9-B possibly 9-A bunch as MM said that they wouldn't be capable of killing him before he woke up and implied that Noir could kill all of them, even though they had Starlight there with them), so Post-V Butcher is at least a stone wall. If we don't want to scale him to that, he should at least have 9-B durability due to tanking an attack that destroyed a table, which is Wall level.

Possible Social Influencing for A-Train? He convinced MM to stay to help fight Homelander despite making a promise to his wife & daughter, so that might count for something.

Deep straight up dodged A-Train when A-Train tried running at him. So either the 9-B possibly 9-A crew needs a bump to their reaction & combat speed, or that's an outlier as A-Train frequently speed-blitzes the other characters on this level.

Frenchie could cut through Kimiko's leg with a saw, & Kimiko was shown growing it back. So Low-Mid regen for Kimiko (though she honestly deserves Mid regeneration as that bullet definetly went through her skull & into the brain) and maybe an AP bump for Frenchie? Idk, might be an outlier, or you could argue that he was using a piercing weapon & it still took him quite a while. Either way, I don't think we can argue for 9-A Frenchie anytime soon.

That shapeshifter girl has access to some powerful ass knockout gas. Starlight was uneffected by OG Noir's knockout gas which can knock people out instantly, yet the shapeshifter could knock her out with just a few puffs of whatever her gas was. That's some impressive sleep manipulation.

[/SPOILER]
The Deep now scales to Starlight & that cast of characters, so "9-B, possibly 9-A" Deep is official (I still think the characters deserve to be bumped to flat-out 9-A, but that CRT can wait until the end of the season). We can also probably remove the "Post-Heart Attack A-Train" key, as he could fight with Deep after his heart attack, so clearly the heart attack didn't weaken him that much.
Or we need to add a Post-Heart Transplant key cause he got that towards the end of season 3

Or we need to add a Post-Heart Transplant key cause he got that towards the end of season 3
I don't think so, he hasn't shown much diffrence in power. The only time he might've been nerfed was after the heart attack, but he still held his own against & survived hits from The Deep, who is Starlight level, who pre-heart attack A-Train scaled to. So clearly he wasn't super effected by the heart attack in strength. There's another active CRT talking about this more in-depth though, so we'll save this conversation for that.

Also I forgot to mention in my review, I know that this is super minor and nitpicky, but I don't like the trope of cutting off a limb/body part to stop the spread of an infection in somebody's body. It's done a lot in zombie media, and this episode did it too with Kimikos leg & getting infected by the virus. That wouldn't work. Blood circulates around the body crazy fast. Vaccines injected into the arm reach the brain in seconds. By the time Frenchie got his sucky movie tourniquet on (which is another pet peve I have in movies. I've never once seen a movie properly do an improvized tourniquet), that virus would've been at her brain and she would've already been long dead.

Granted, it is a fictional supe virus, so maybe it works a bit diffrently. But irl, that wouldn't work.

Butcher randomly getting reviled to have cheated on Becca was out of nowhere and seems very out of character for him. It didn't even add anything, it was just like "Guess what, Butcher f*cked a waitress one time while married to Becca" and nothing more.
Maybe a hot take but narratively I kinda like this reveal, as that combined with Billy’s night with Maeve gives Kessler more to work with than just appealing to Billy’s violent urges.

Butcher might have "9-B, possibly 9-A" durability, as Noir & Deep were instructed to kill, but Butcher survived multiple attacks from Noir (who should realistically scale to the 9-B possibly 9-A bunch as MM said that they wouldn't be capable of killing him before he woke up and implied that Noir could kill all of them, even though they had Starlight there with them), so Post-V Butcher is at least a stone wall. If we don't want to scale him to that, he should at least have 9-B durability due to tanking an attack that destroyed a table, which is Wall level.
Honestly I thought it was weird how he himself seemingly wasn’t affected by the V before now, considering even the Diabolical episode with the super cancer still had the lady injected with V gain superpowers. Him being a stonewall who relies on Kessler emerging to fight back makes sense.

Thoughts on Season 4 Episode 7 (Spoilers):
It was okay. Not bad, not great. Lets start with some positives.

The Deep killing his octopus lover was funnier than I was expecting it to be.
I feel like the "haha ocean animal dies" joke is almost as overused as Hughie getting sexually assaulted.
The Deep & Noir vs Butcher & Starlight fight was sick as hell. I loved seeing The Deep actually square up for once and show that he's not a pushover in the verse. It was also cool seeing the New Noir in a fight, and the scene overall was really well done.
Noir really carried there.
Butcher, Starlight, & Hughie getting the files was interesting & had good tention, though I feel like the chase could've been better edited.

Ryans speach at the end of the episode was nice, it shows that Ryan is still a good person & hasn't followed his father in his footsteps yet.

That ending caught me off guard and was a great twist, excited to see how this goes next episode.
I was taken off-guard by the entire ass in the middle of my screen.
A-Trains redemption arc only got better when he helped fight off The Deep & cut out his chip, showing that he truely isn't apart of The Seven anymore, and I hope we get to see him as an official member of The Boys soon. (He is so unbelievably cooked next episode)
He's dead this season, sadly.
Now for the negatives:

I didn't find the Webweaver interrogation funny or enjoyable at all, the entire time I just wanted to skip past the scene and look up what happened later. Homelanders kill against Web Weaver was brutal as hell though, 8/10 kill, CGI could've been a bit better.
I just don't like Webweaver. He's meant to be a parody of Spider-Man that's like "haha, that's where webs actually come from," but like... why is he popular in-verse? His only power is blasting ass-webs. In the comics, he was supposed to be a pretty strong guy that the Pre-V Boys had to work together to beat, and he could actually use wrist webs.
Litteraly seconds before Kimiko got stabbed with the needle I was pretty much yelling at the TV screen "Don't get to close Kimiko, he is going to stab you with the needle and try to get out, this should be obvious. Force him to put the needle on the table and then have him step away from it, it's an easy solution and you guys are smart enough to think about this." If some random 18 year old could think about this in a few seconds, the characters should've been smart enough to think about this as well. This just felt like very heavy PIS or CIS.
Kimiko hasn't seen movies, and, in the moment, that was the stupidest thing that guy could have done. He's only alive because Frenchie wasn't packing heat.
I'm headcanoning it that the tumor just made that shit up, it controls his brain.
The reviel of Sage sleeping with Black Noir as well was also out of nowhere, had minimal setup and really wasn't needed, though maybe this could lead to a future Black Noir vs Deep fight which could be cool, though I doubt it will.
I think this is going to lead to the two of them becoming better friends.
Some of the shots & editing were weird in places, which kind of broke me out of the immersion.

Overall, good episode, not great though. It had some large flaws, but it still held up. Hopefully the finale is a bit better than this episode was. A-Train is so inhumanly cooked he's 1,000% dead bro is NOT seeing Season 5

Possible Social Influencing for A-Train? He convinced MM to stay to help fight Homelander despite making a promise to his wife & daughter, so that might count for something.
I dont think that denotes Social Influencing.
Deep straight up dodged A-Train when A-Train tried running at him. So either the 9-B possibly 9-A crew needs a bump to their reaction & combat speed, or that's an outlier as A-Train frequently speed-blitzes the other characters on this level.
Deep could only dodge A-Train on rare occasions, and I'm pretty sure it's just aimdodging.
Frenchie could cut through Kimiko's leg with a saw, & Kimiko was shown growing it back. So Low-Mid regen for Kimiko (though she honestly deserves Mid regeneration as that bullet definetly went through her skull & into the brain) and maybe an AP bump for Frenchie? Idk, might be an outlier, or you could argue that he was using a piercing weapon & it still took him quite a while. Either way, I don't think we can argue for 9-A Frenchie anytime soon.
Frenchie doesn't scale, it took him a really long time with a cutting weapon.
That shapeshifter girl has access to some powerful ass knockout gas. Starlight was uneffected by OG Noir's knockout gas which can knock people out instantly, yet the shapeshifter could knock her out with just a few puffs of whatever her gas was. That's some impressive sleep manipulation.
I think it's that combined with the fact that she had no oxygen.

I feel like the "haha ocean animal dies" joke is almost as overused as Hughie getting sexually assaulted.
Honestly Ambrosius’ death was really unnerving and didn’t come off as a joke at all. Maybe they were just being tone-death again like with the Hughie stuff, but in this case I honestly think they were trying to play it straight as well. Obviously the context of Kevin having an octopus girlfriend has an inherent layer of humour to it, but even that part wasn’t a thought in my mind in that moment.

Honestly Ambrosius’ death was really unnerving and didn’t come off as a joke to me at all. Maybe they were just being tone-death again like with the Hughie stuff, but in this case I honestly think they were trying to play it straight as well. Obviously the context of Kevin having an octopus girlfriend has an inherent layer of humour to it, but even that part wasn’t a thought in my mind in that moment.

Honestly Ambrosius’ death was really unnerving and didn’t come off as a joke at all. Maybe they were just being tone-death again like with the Hughie stuff, but in this case I honestly think they were trying to play it straight as well. Obviously the context of Kevin having an octopus girlfriend has an inherent layer of humour to it, but even that part wasn’t a thought in my mind in that moment.
I agree, I'm speaking more in general.

I don't think so, he hasn't shown much diffrence in power. The only time he might've been nerfed was after the heart attack, but he still held his own against & survived hits from The Deep, who is Starlight level, who pre-heart attack A-Train scaled to. So clearly he wasn't super effected by the heart attack in strength. There's another active CRT talking about this more in-depth though, so we'll save this conversation for that.
Here is the thing current a train doesn't have any heart issues, the post heart attack key is for his season 3 self before he got that heart transplant. Whatever current a train does doesn't effects that key.

Last edited:
It's always so awkward whenever they force these actors to do sex scenes so you end up with two fully clothed people dry humping each other. The sex scene this episode really wasn't needed and feels forced in just to make the show feel adult. On the plus side though we got our first instance of female nudity this season, only took 7 episodes and several penis and ass shots of dudes to happen so I guess it's something.

Just saw episode 5.

I was proud of Homelander, for teaching Ryan some independence & self-assertion. It's good to be able to stand up to those who misuse their capabilities.... But somehow I doubt Homelander's teachings are going to turn out all too well.
I mean, I guess it was within his rights for him to decline the Super School series, especially if they expected him to act in it.
Not to mention, they don't seem to be giving much concern about what "excessive" is, even if the lady they called on might've enjoyed slapping her recently unpleasant coworker.

Tragic about the V Virus situation where there was only one left & they had to use it protecting some sheep, setting up Billy cutting off the leg of his new captive... Smear or such, was the name? (No offense meant.)

Honestly, I'm surprised they had to resort to that. Didn't they have Starlight, Vicky & Kimiko, who are all superhuman, Kimiko being regenerative?
& Billy & Martin are trained killers.
Even if they are flying, Temp V amped sheep, they really couldn't head pop them or go to toe to toe with them given their supes while Billy & Martin offer cover fire?
& they waited until night?

Nor could they say, pull open a plank from the barn to make a back exit then flee on foot out of sight?

Also very disappointing that apparently the Compound V Virus apparently varies on how long it takes to take effect, according to the guy who made it. Couldn't even give a range or say it was because he tested it on different species?

Also, the bull/ox seemed to be able to break a wooden fence beam & was supposedly torn apart by the flying carnivorous sheep. Those same sheep -& also the chicken that apparently killed/gored a man- couldn't break through a barn door in winter? (Maybe there was frost/ice over the door, despite the recent use, or it was thicker, sturdier or better quality wood than the fence?)

Huey's Dad on Compound V.... Was he suffering memory issues before taking it? Or were they caused by the Compound V?
Interesting that he could phase, & that when he phased into people or objects, those things were damaged but not him. Some kind of physical superiority? Forceful entry into the physical space by his body's matter, like a moving projectile? (Despite him often becoming physical again at a near standstill, no? Also, you'd think bones would be sturdier such that he couldn't just swivel around in someone laying on a hospital bed & frame, no?)

Feels like shows like this often underestimate just how tough it actually is to gore a person. That or I'm underestimating wooden materials in this context.

Incidentally, is V extracted from someone like Huey's dad just useless medical waste now? (Perhaps moreso given his condition. Not quite sure of the details of it.)

Do The Seven not know who their mole is?
Also, man, I do wonder if it really was necessary for the other members of The Seven to get Homelander's point that they had to use a show of grotesque force. Don't they all know how brutal Homelander can be, already?
& Homelander knew he was innocent, so why frame him & make his teammates vulnerable by thinking there no longer is a mole when there likely still IS one?

Amusing jabs the show did, with their "V52" & "Phases Seven through Nineteen" at the presentation. & a "reboot after only one year".
Old McDonald Had A Farm was a fun choice for an outro theme, too.

Apologies if anyone minds me.

Huey's Dad on Compound V.... Was he suffering memory issues before taking it? Or were they caused by the Compound V?
Hugh Sr. was clinically brain dead when he was injected, compound v does not do well with people who have serious medical issues (Has shown by Sun-Hee and Billy Butcher with their living tumors). Basically while the compound v was keeping him conscience, his brain still hadn't actually recovered causing him to have bouts of amnesia

I was proud of Homelander, for teaching Ryan some independence & self-assertion. It's good to be able to stand up to those who misuse their capabilities.... But somehow I doubt Homelander's teachings are going to turn out all too well.
Eh, nothing to be proud of here. He is clearly manipulating Ryan to do what he wants by twisting Ryan's good intentions and desire to be a hero.

Eh, nothing to be proud of here. He is clearly manipulating Ryan to do what he wants by twisting Ryan's good intentions and desire to be a hero.
Yeah, I feel like I sorta got that impression after a bit, hence by use of "was proud of him" & saying "But somehow I doubt Homelander's teachings are going to turn out all too well.".

Homelander's been manipulative to his fans & his son before, & when he tried to "find his humanity", he did so by killing those who raised him -Morally imperfect as they may have been- so it's not that surprising to me that he'd do likewise for Ryan again, sadly.

Gives a bit of... I think the term is "tragic irony" to him enforcing reprimanding others for misuing their positions of inequitable power, given his own position of power, no?
And by A-Train, that stuff was not helping him.
I forget. How'd it affect him?

I know he had heart issues, but that wasn't from the Compound V, right?
I think he had... headaches or something, right?

Is there proof that affected her speed? Because even in earlier seasons A train could blitz her. Seems it is the same.
What do you mean? Starlight was weakened in last few episodes to the point where she cannot even use her powers, while against Soldier Boy she was amplified

If we assumed that Starlight was always in peak power that would make Homelanders 18 Mach = A-Trains 1 Mach

Hell in Season 1 we learn Homelander can casually move around 1.5 Mach so he should still narratively be faster than A-Train

Yes they are, since Soldier Boy couldn’t blitz Starlight and she was able to react to him and blast him out of the air. And Starlight is comparable to Deep and Noir.
Soldier Boy couldn't blitz Starlight because only his combat speed is Hypersonic, not his running speed. Soldier Boy didn't hit Starlight because of the range, he couldn't hit her.

Starlight was weakened in last few episodes to the point where she cannot even use her powers
The question is whether there are any changes in Starlight at all in terms of physical ability, since it has been her light power which is malfunctioning specifically.

Back