• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well in the comics the Tek Knight plotline is a side plot, The Boys are mainly concerned with investigating the death of a teenager and Tek Knight just gives them some info, the focus of the issue is on a Nightwing parody who Vought turned into a gay icon to cover for his screwups despite him being deeply homophobic. Tek Knight himself just suddenly developed a nymphomania and his reputation gets destroyed only to be revealed at the end that the poor bastard had an actual tumor on his brain and unlike every other supe he wasn't evil, just mentally ill.
Tek Knight wasn't necessarily a good dude before. The real good dudes are those guys that Hughie disguised himself and joined. The whole "Haymish" bit or whatever he called himself.

The whole thing in the comics felt like it was trying to send a message, but Butcher was using what I assume were incomprehensible British slurs the whole time because... he was Butcher, so it was just kinda awkward.

Oh it's definitely a filler season, literally nothing happens and the plot barely moves forward. But like, this Tek Knight "arc" is strictly worse than the comics version and it doesn't help that Kripke said they found Hughie being sexually assaulted hilarious.
Yeah, I felt terrible for Hughie the whole time. I mean, this is fully something that could have happened in the comics, especially considering how close Noir was to doing some shit to him at Herogasm, but it feels worse in the show than whatever could've happened there because... obviously it does, I couldn't hear his voice in the comics.

Tek Knight wasn't necessarily a good dude before. The real good dudes are those guys that Hughie disguised himself and joined. The whole "Haymish" bit or whatever he called himself.

The whole thing in the comics felt like it was trying to send a message, but Butcher was using what I assume were incomprehensible British slurs the whole time because... he was Butcher, so it was just kinda awkward.
I just said he wasn't evil, not good. Which is saying a lot with how Garth Ennis portrays almost every other supe.

And yeah, if you squint your eyes and power through the edge, there is a good comic there but really held back because the author is an edgelord.

I just said he wasn't evil, not good. Which is saying a lot with how Garth Ennis portrays almost every other supe.

And yeah, if you squint your eyes and power through the edge, there is a good comic there but really held back because the author is an edgelord.
I have to remind myself this is the same guy that wrote Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe.

So the feat is possibly higher than Class 25?
Depends, if she meant a Spiderman situation like stopping a bus from tipping over the side of the bridge then it would indeed be less force than what we found for the armored truck. But if she meant while it was in motion like careening off to the side then you could get an even larger value. Regardless, I don't think a statement about an an un-shown feat for a much younger Maeve should take precedent over a shown feat from the current Maeve.

Also are we for sure that none of this is beyond 9-B? Cause she pretty much destroys 15 rooms with an explosion, throws a refrigerator? through multiple walls, and then caves in another large section of the building.

Honestly this episode was a mixed bag of the typical good writing and bottom tier fiction dogshit, and it’s made worse by knowing Hughie getting SA’d was supposed to be comedic and somehow serve as commentary on Batman being a fascist (???)

Screenshot_20240704-211150.png

Last edited:
Kripke has lost the plot.

The performances of the actors has always been the biggest positive in the show, making the characters the best parts of the show. That has never been more pronounced than this season, with the only instance being worse was during the last season's finale.

A-Train had great scenes this episode (The book scene with Kimiko and him being an actual hero for once)
Neuman and Sage development, especially with getting to know more about why Sage has the mindset she has nice to see
Billy, Rebecca, and Joe had an excellent scene (I wish when Joe said "Don't worry, daddy's home" they played Pressure like when Billy said it in season 2
The milk scene may be a bit too much for some people, but Homelander's reaction is honestly hilarious
Anything with Braindead Sage was also funny (The nodding scene with her and Neuman especially)
Black Noir II and Deep's scene was meh, nice to see Nathan Mitchell out of the mask for once in the show though

It really was anything with Tek Knight that was bad (Maybe except for when they were torturing him by donating money to charities) and Frenchies plot is some uninteresting that he didn't even make a physical appearance this episode

Honestly this episode was a mixed bag of the typical good writing and bottom tier fiction dogshit, and it’s made worse by knowing Hughie getting SA’d was supposed to be comedic and somehow serve as commentary on Batman being a fascist (???)
That doesn't say Batman is a fascist, but that the idea of a guy going around beating the shit out of primarily mentally people for violating the law is very difficult to do without it merging into that territory.

No way someone said A-Train took a plane to Cuba 💀
Like, he is amongst the most famous people in the world and in full costume. He wouldn't like to be seen just like that, specially when going to kill his hiding gf. He should get Free Movement.

As for the Soldier Dura Neg resistance, it could be clarified as a "Limited Resistance to Dura neg" and explain why and how it's limited (which I think is the same case for Homelander. Is that he resists Blood manip, but rather his body is too durable even internally for Neuman to kill him, quickly at least)

And while not in that thread, I hold the idea that A-Train and Deep (maybe Blue Hawk) should get some basic combat skills.
I 100% agree for A-Train and The Deep having H2H skills and for Soldier Boy having Resistance to durability negation (I don't even understand why the latter was not accepted in my thread), but for the Free Movement a idk.

Some feats could be calculated here I think

Bump

Depends, if she meant a Spiderman situation like stopping a bus from tipping over the side of the bridge then it would indeed be less force than what we found for the armored truck. But if she meant while it was in motion like careening off to the side then you could get an even larger value. Regardless, I don't think a statement about an an un-shown feat for a much younger Maeve should take precedent over a shown feat from the current Maeve.
Ok I agree for Class 50 Maeve then

Just saw episode 4 of Season 4.

I felt so happy & proud for Homelander when he brought his old caretakers a cake. Though I was a bit confused when it was a whale & said "Home Sweet Home". I guess it was Homelander's home at one point, but part of me wondered if his aquiring it had something to do with The Deep?
Didn't Homelander say at the end of the last episode that he was going in search of his "humanity"?

After that, though, got quite ashamed of him. Best psychologists/therapists, Barbara said (Hah!), but they still couldn't deal with the obsessive need for love they foolishly put into Homelander.

Interesting that Homelander in his youth, didn't get his skin charred, but did feel extreme pain from the oven's heat. That same oven rapidly burned, then melted Frank, a regular human.
I wonder if we can determine what kind of heat Homelander's skin was un-charred by by figuring out how hot to burn a human like Frank? Or are there industrial standards for such ovens?

Oh, & apparently, Homelander could fly & laser from birth, & despite his supposedly genetically engineered need for love, killed several people shortly after being born. Poor planning much, Vaught?

His coworkers also disappointed me in how they handled him. Frank rationalized before he apologized, Marty's apology seemed more out of fear, & Barbara only tried to talk down & demean someone she knew was self-obsessed.
Killing them & what happened was all still wrong, but they handled it very poorly.

Sister Sage confuses me.

Like The Deep pointed out, she earlier said she found him attractive, but this ep she said she hated him, & then when her mind is impaired, she finds him appealing again?
(Also, I wonder if she experimented on herself to find out that her brain can regenerate.)

I'm surprised Huey's mom noticed, took & used the Compound V without Huey's notice.

I wonder just what Billy's superpower is, given he seems to have blacked out, yet stretchy guy was in pieces when he awoke.
Did Billy tear him apart & then not remember it?

Also, people in this series often seems to act like Compound V is like a panacea, or close to it....
Admittedly, the superpowers might help in some ways, but... generally, it doesn't.

Oh & also, this episode had another great song that it used for the ending, even if it was sung by villains... or likenesses of them, assuming they were in-universe actors.

Apologies if anyone minds me going like this.

Last edited:
Interesting that Homelander in his youth, didn't get his skin charred, but did feel extreme pain from the oven's heat. That same oven rapidly burned, then melted Frank, a regular human.
I wonder if we can determine what kind of heat Homelander's skin was un-charred by by figuring out how hot to burn a human like Frank? Or are there industrial standards for such ovens?
Most cremation ovens go up to about 1,400 - 1,800 degrees fahrenehit, and even then it still takes 3 to 4 hours to completley turn a human into dust, this guy was burned in seconds. So they were working with incredibly high heat, and that still didn't burn Homelanders skin

I also wonder if the oven is the same? Worn down, repaired, damaged or replaced, since Homelander is what, middle-aged when he has his reunion with his former caretakers?
If it's the very same oven, I wonder how much its performance has changed, if at all, in those decades?

Neat! Any idea if we have other feats for young Homelander heat resistance?
I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I think that one feat is good enough tbh
I also wonder if the oven is the same? Worn down, repaired, damaged or replaced, since Homelander is what, middle-aged when he has his reunion with his former caretakers?
If it's the very same oven, I wonder how much its performance has changed, if at all, in those decades?
The machine seemed to boot up and work just fine, so I'm guessing the lab occasionally has Vought matinence guys touch up on it once in a while, seeing as how it had no issues starting or opperating, which a machine that hasn't been used since the 90s would've experienced if it wasn't repaired recently. It's probably about the same strength as it was when Homelander was thrown into it as a kid, maybe a touch weaker due to the 30+ years that have passed

I mean, it's likely it's not. It was multiple different explosions and most of them are 9-B at best probably
You only hear one explosion go off for the first one but I suppose that could be a chain reaction. However the other two are clearly Stormfront. Her throwing that object and her collapsing an entire room definitely seems like it could get higher than 9-B. I'm using these calculations to gauge what it would be and it seems to be in the 9-A to 8-C range.

Last edited:
kSxHtQC.jpeg

The rest of the quote isn't any better. Why suddenly plenty of Twitter-minded people are saying that Batman is a fascist or that what he does is wrong because he's a rich guy beating up poor people?

Batman did nothing wrong.

Sister Sage confuses me.

Like The Deep pointed out, she earlier said she found him attractive, but this ep she said she hated him, & then when her mind is impaired, she finds him appealing again?
(Also, I wonder if she experimented on herself to find out that her brain can regenerate.)
Idk what's confusing about this, when she is completely lucid she finds him repulsive and when she intentionally dumbs herself down she finds him attractive, that's it.
The rest of the quote isn't any better. Why suddenly plenty of Twitter-minded people are saying that Batman is a fascist or that what he does is wrong because he's a rich guy beating up poor people?

Batman did nothing wrong.
Yeah, no clue really.

I mean, yeah dressing up as a bat and beating up people is crazy but the rest of that is just not true.

Idk what's confusing about this, when she is completely lucid she finds him repulsive and when she intentionally dumbs herself down she finds him attractive, that's it.
But in a previous episode, she had called him attractive while seemingly fully lucid, no? & then flipped to hating him while lucid, no?

THEN attracted to him again when she's dumb.

Yeah, no clue really.

I mean, yeah dressing up as a bat and beating up people is crazy but the rest of that is just not true.
I mean, in the context of Gotham, the government and police are corrupt and unreliable so you can't rely on them.

It's also literally cursed in the comics. Supernatural bullcrap occurs there, so someone like Batman would be better fit for fixing Gotham than normal people.

But in a previous episode, she had called him attractive while seemingly fully lucid, no? & then flipped to hating him while lucid, no?

THEN attracted to him again when she's dumb.
She lobotomized herself in the previous episode as well, you can see the bloodied screwdriver on the table.

On the topic of matchups, DCAU Superman (Like in Superman: The Animated Series.) is Low 7-B.
Bizarro from that doesn't have a profile, but he is on par with Superman in that, so....

Potential matchup of "Evil Superman clones who are tactically lacking" with Homelander?

If Homelander ever gets to Low 7-B, anyway, otherwise, would need to equalize stats. (Which, IIRC, is Fun & Games only.)

Thoughts, all?

On the topic of matchups, DCAU Superman (Like in Superman: The Animated Series.) is Low 7-B.
Bizarro from that doesn't have a profile, but he is on par with Superman in that, so....

Potential matchup of "Evil Superman clones who are tactically lacking" with Homelander?

If Homelander ever gets to Low 7-B, anyway, otherwise, would need to equalize stats. (Which, IIRC, is Fun & Games only.)

Thoughts, all?
Doubt we'll ever get a Low 7-B Homelander, but a Fun & Games thread could be enjoyable

Sister Sage confuses me.

Essentially, when she's smarter than him, she sees him as a dumbass, but when she isn't, he's an equal and also a fellow Supe.

Back