• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
1. Should A-Train and Deep (and idk maybe Blue Hawk too) get Martial Arts in their profiles? We saw in Gen V (likely through Maeve, a former student) that the crimefighting supes do actually gets hand-to-hand combat training, and A-Train and Deep both were top ranked students there (Top 1 and Top 6, respectively. As for Blue Hawk, he also was in crimefighting, but not a high rank). I know they don't really fight with much skill, but maybe they at least know some basics? At least likely.

2. Maeve said that prior to fighting Homelander she trained for about 4 months, should she get Accelerated Development? It's a ginormous AP jump for a relatively short amount of time. But idk, maybe she is just built different.
I proposed this in a thread but it was not accepted

I can see why. Stat jumps through training does not immediately necessitate accelerated development. Many characters have far more ridiculous stat AP jumps within a shorter period of time in other verses than Maeve.
For one thing, our tiering is subjective, and is not always (or more often than not) 1:1 with how the source material treats such things.
Characters who have that power are often explicitly stated to do so in the story.

I can see why. Stat jumps through training does not immediately necessitate accelerated development. Many characters have far more ridiculous stat AP jumps within a shorter period of time in other verses than Maeve.
For one thing, our tiering is subjective, and is not always (or more often than not) 1:1 with how the source material treats such things.
Characters who have that power are often explicitly stated to do so in the story.
I understand. I was mostly going the "she is in the same league as the rest of supes, all absolutely terrified of Homelander, and now, despite just looking to get "some licks in", she put up a decent fight against the stronges supe, even making him bleed". As in, she got so much stronger within the context of the story. But again, I understand that even then, this doesn't really guarantee AD.
I proposed this in a thread but it was not accepted
Even the combat skill? Damn. Imo they should have it, at least with a likely :/

Do you have the thread link?

Even the combat skill? Damn. Imo they should have it, at least with a likely :/

Do you have the thread link?

About Ep6

Its very sad Hughie basically got SAd. Dude cannot catch a break

Firecracker and Homelander scene was hilarious, Homie still is obssessed with that Ig

Braindead Sage was hilarious

I liked the episode, Tek Knights whole dungeon scenes with Ashley was a lil too long for my comfort though-

No way someone said A-Train took a plane to Cuba 💀
Like, he is amongst the most famous people in the world and in full costume. He wouldn't like to be seen just like that, specially when going to kill his hiding gf. He should get Free Movement.

As for the Soldier Dura Neg resistance, it could be clarified as a "Limited Resistance to Dura neg" and explain why and how it's limited (which I think is the same case for Homelander. Is that he resists Blood manip, but rather his body is too durable even internally for Neuman to kill him, quickly at least)

And while not in that thread, I hold the idea that A-Train and Deep (maybe Blue Hawk) should get some basic combat skills.

So featwise, the EP6 confirms the Extraordinary Genius Intelligence rating for Sage (she is capable of curing cancer and reversing global warming), and Tek Knight's five senses are enhanced (as already suggested by Gen V)

This episode was a little to heavy handed for my personal tastes, the sex dungeon bit went on way to long. Butcher storyline is really interesting and I can't wait to see how his split personality affect the main cast cause he's obviously gonna come back to help. Hope we get to see how exactly his powers work. Homelander's obsession with breast milk is funny as always and sage brain damage bit was hilarious. When she was first introduced I thought she would be a mary sue but I've been pleasantly surprised, she's ended up being one of my favorite characters this season. Disappointed to see Tech Knight killed off without seeing anything to do with his powers, this season really seems to enjoy the human side of things despite being a show about superheroes.

Could Maeve not budging an inch after being hit with a armored truck be usable for lifting strength?
Since no-one followed up on this I decided to do it myself, I thought I would have to look up tons information about the truck and other stuff but luckily we have an accepted calculation that we already use. Found KE - 1,360,942.83 Joules. Displacement - 3 meters (A similar but likely smaller truck, the ford transit, has a length of 5.6 meters, seeing as Maeve only made it to around the center part of the back chassis I think an assumption of 3 meters should be fine). Work = Force/Displacement - 1,360,942.83/3 = 453647.61 Newtons. Converted to metric tons that equals about 46 Tons, a decent upgrade from her current value.

So featwise, the EP6 confirms the Extraordinary Genius Intelligence rating for Sage (she is capable of curing cancer and reversing global warming), and Tek Knight's five senses are enhanced (as already suggested by Gen V)
She made the cure in 3 nights at 11 years old.

Do we buy it or think she was lying?
Devil's Advocate here, what if he had a private plane?
That would be stated? And even then, that's just avoiding assuming A-Train can run on water just because. I mean it's standard speedster stuff lol

Since no-one followed up on this I decided to do it myself, I thought I would have to look up tons information about the truck and other stuff but luckily we have an accepted calculation that we already use. Found KE - 1,360,942.83 Joules. Displacement - 3 meters (A similar but likely smaller truck, the ford transit, has a length of 5.6 meters, seeing as Maeve only made it to around the center part of the back chassis I think an assumption of 3 meters should be fine). Work = Force/Displacement - 1,360,942.83/3 = 453647.61 Newtons. Converted to metric tons that equals about 46 Tons, a decent upgrade from her current value.
If you could post it as a blog and get some calc group members to accept it.

This episode was a little to heavy handed for my personal tastes, the sex dungeon bit went on way to long. Butcher storyline is really interesting and I can't wait to see how his split personality affect the main cast cause he's obviously gonna come back to help. Hope we get to see how exactly his powers work. Homelander's obsession with breast milk is funny as always and sage brain damage bit was hilarious. When she was first introduced I thought she would be a mary sue but I've been pleasantly surprised, she's ended up being one of my favorite characters this season. Disappointed to see Tech Knight killed off without seeing anything to do with his powers, this season really seems to enjoy the human side of things despite being a show about superheroes.

46 Tons in LS? Isn't that an outlier? Maeve injured her arm when she lifted a school bus

Do we buy it or think she was lying?
She is the most intelligent sentient being on the planet and can cure cancer and reverse global warming. There's no reason not to believe her, that's the whole point of the Sage's power.

46 Tons in LS? Isn't that an outlier? Maeve injured her arm when she lifted a school bus
1. She actually "catched" a falling bus, so it the weight of the bus accelerating with gravity
2. She was younger, so maybe she was also weaker?
She is the most intelligent sentient being on the planet and can cure cancer and reverse global warming. There's no reason not to believe her, that's the whole point of the Sage's power.
When did she said the global warming thing?
No way someone said A-Train took a plane to Cuba 💀
Like, he is amongst the most famous people in the world and in full costume. He wouldn't like to be seen just like that, specially when going to kill his hiding gf. He should get Free Movement.

As for the Soldier Dura Neg resistance, it could be clarified as a "Limited Resistance to Dura neg" and explain why and how it's limited (which I think is the same case for Homelander. Is that he resists Blood manip, but rather his body is too durable even internally for Neuman to kill him, quickly at least)

And while not in that thread, I hold the idea that A-Train and Deep (maybe Blue Hawk) should get some basic combat skills.
Also I bump this.

Tbh Cancers cure is definitely hidden lmao

EG means being above logic in your intelligence, Sage has to build a portal gun or calculate the future or smth to get EG iirc.
So an 11 years old curing cancer in 3 nights and her claim about fixing global warming it's still genius?

Genuine question lol

So an 11 years old curing cancer in 3 nights and her claim about fixing global warming it's still genius?

Genuine question lol
No, it's absolutely Extraordinary Genius

EG is beyond real world geniuses, and none of them have succeeded in eradicating cancer and reversing global warming, and none of them can make the cure for leukemia in 3 nights at 11 years old

Tbh Cancers cure is definitely hidden lmao
Unless you have proof for that conspiracy theory then that's just an assumption. And no, it definitely isn't. If it existed, we would have it in hospitals
If people as intelligent as Sage exists irl, cancer and global warming would no longer exist. Also, Sage is able to know every detail of a person's life just by looking at them, through pure intelligence. It's clearly Extraordinary Genius
Technically we do know how to fix global warming, the problem is that we need to convince almost every major country & company on the planet to help out, which isn't happening anytime soon. But that cure for cancer is definitely extraordinary genius

Ngl guys the Tek Knight stuff was done way better in the comics, this episode sucked ass.

Whole season has been ass really.
To me it's quite entertaining, but it does really feel like "Filler: the season". Like, the stakes were so high in S3, and with S5 being the confirmed last, S4 just kinda exists as padding.

To me it's quite entertaining, but it does really feel like "Filler: the season". Like, the stakes were so high in S3, and with S5 being the confirmed last, S4 just kinda exists as padding.
Oh it's definitely a filler season, literally nothing happens and the plot barely moves forward. But like, this Tek Knight "arc" is strictly worse than the comics version and it doesn't help that Kripke said they found Hughie being sexually assaulted hilarious.

Oh it's definitely a filler season, literally nothing happens and the plot barely moves forward. But like, this Tek Knight "arc" is strictly worse than the comics version and it doesn't help that Kripke said they found Hughie being sexually assaulted hilarious.
How is it in the comics? A friend of mine recently read the comics, and it got me curious. But I don't mind spoilers about Tek Knight.

About the Hughie scene: I can see the comedic undertone of "wacky Hughie shenanigans" but the context is ******, especially when Hughie himself feels shitty about it at the end of the episode.

How is it in the comics? A friend of mine recently read the comics, and it got me curious. But I don't mind spoilers about Tek Knight.
Well in the comics the Tek Knight plotline is a side plot, The Boys are mainly concerned with investigating the death of a teenager and Tek Knight just gives them some info, the focus of the issue is on a Nightwing parody who Vought turned into a gay icon to cover for his screwups despite him being deeply homophobic. Tek Knight himself just suddenly developed a nymphomania and his reputation gets destroyed only to be revealed at the end that the poor bastard had an actual tumor on his brain and unlike every other supe he wasn't evil, just mentally ill.

The whole arc is well done in my opinion, but the problem with the comics is that it certainly has a message and there is a lot of effort behind it but it gets diluted by just how needlessly obscene it is. A shame really, if Garth Ennis had more restraint I would really like them.

Back