• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Cosby thing always came off as joke first, logical second. There's no reason for Cosby to have spiked Soldier Boy's drinks, but Soldier Boy did end up drinking spiked drinks that he thought were nothing more than notably strong.

The weeds thing and him drinking a hangover remedy are still weird.

The Cosby thing always came off as joke first, logical second. There's no reason for Cosby to have spiked Soldier Boy's drinks, but Soldier Boy did end up drinking spiked drinks that he thought were nothing more than notably strong.
I mean, "blackout drunk" is a term for a reason, we have no clue what happened between Soldier Boy and Cosby.

The show struggles with that, but regardless Homelander can move and react fast enough to save Butcher from an explosion.
So either he has an speed mode he refuses to use even against an (almost) equal, or that's is meant to be his normal combat speed.
Because it's a live action show with not a huge budget, that's why you don't see the Hypersonic or Transonic characters doing Dragon Ball-like fights.
That sounds like travel speed to me, the show has failed to even showcase something as simple and cheap like blurring the punches to make them look faster.

Well we could use that for his combat speed as its literally the only time he showcases some sort of superspeed in close quarters

That sounds like travel speed to me, the show has failed to even showcase something as simple and cheap like blurring the punches to make them look faster.
a lot of live action do this, and a lot of live action characters have subsonic, supersonic or higher stats despite that. If we downgrade a character's speed just for that and assume it's a good reason (which it isn't), most live action characters on the wiki will be downgraded.

Not really a counterpoint and the show already looks cheap as **** despite getting so much money for Amazon
Amazon isn't giving the show a lot of money. The budget of the show is low, that's why there are almost no impressive feats despite the fact that it is a superhero series

It wouldn't be travel speed only, otherwise the implication is that he flee in a straight line (no need for reactions) grabbed Butcher (somehow not killing him or crashing into anything) and saved him from the bomb.

So, he 100% has to have those reactions.

Like I said in my comment, he either has a speed mode that never uses, or that's his normal combat speed.

Homelander has a speed feat in Diabolical where he moves fast compared to normal humans, although the humans were just in very slow motion rather than being immobile (based on the last guy moving his firearm).
Very fast though may not be A-Train fast, I think.
You reminded me that I wanted to calc A-Train kidnapping Kimiko. There he rans fast enough to were everyone looks completely frozen.

Maybe his fight with Annie too, but the only thing fully stopped there are the sparks and I... Don't know how fast sparks are lol

Black Noir throwing Starlight through a wall and Sun Hee's cancer catching bullets should also be calculated I think
First one ain't really a speed feat I think.

And who is Sun Hee? I assume it's from Diabolical, but: 1. Do we know if they are from one of the canon episodes? 2. Did they fought anyone for the speed feat to be relevant?

First one ain't really a speed feat I think.
Yeah I know

And who is Sun Hee?

A woman who had pancreatic cancer, and her husband injected V into her body to try to cure her. She had powers, but so did her cancer, it became a symbiote-like creature (like Butcher)

I assume it's from Diabolical, but: 1. Do we know if they are from one of the canon episodes?
It's episode 7 of Diabolical, so it's yeah it's canon.

2. Did they fought anyone for the speed feat to be relevant?
Vought men fired and cancer caught the bullets and killed Vought men. Cancer also devoured several living beings in a forest to grow bigger, and Sun Hee confronted it at the end of the episode

Kimiko was also blown in half by a grenade launcher (it's 9-A iirc)
She was split in half by that. I wonder how she heal from that since she still had her pants afterward. Maybe since her intestines were still kind of connected to the top half she pulled herself together. It takes her longer to regrow body parts than it does to repair them, so I doubt she had time to regrow her bottom half and put on her pants again, especially during a fight.

Brain damage and disembowelment seem to be enough to momentarily knock Kimiko out (Both times she was shot in the head, her fight with Black Noir, and the grenade launcher scene)

What do you guys think of Kimiko getting 9-A dura from surviving SB's blast, which can vaporize people?
I'd be down for upgrading those characters to straight 9-A

This feat, plus the fact that after MM directly saw Lamplighter melt a steel door with his flames, he still thought that Kimiko could survive that and would only be pissed off. Plus characters such as Queen Maeve likely upscaling him, as well as other supes in the verse such as Groundhawk flat out being 9-A. Groundhawk isn't considered anything special in the "The Boys" verse in terms of power, so it's probably safe to assume that the more popular supes like Queen Maeve & Black Noir are stronger than him

tl;dr, I think 9-A supes in The Boys is consistant and that they should just be flat out 9-A rather than "9-B, likely 9-A"

Last edited:

This feat, plus the fact that after MM directly saw Lamplighter melt a steel door with his flames, he still thought that Kimiko could survive that and would only be pissed off. Plus characters such as Queen Maeve likely upscaling him, as well as other supes in the verse such as Groundhawk flat out being 9-A. Groundhawk isn't considered anything special in the "The Boys" verse in terms of power, so it's probably safe to assume that stronger supes like Queen Maeve & Black Noir are stronger than him

tl;dr, I think 9-A supes in The Boys is consistant and that they should just be flat out 9-A rather than "9-B, likely 9-A"
I agree

Did anyone ever calculate the destruction it caused to that building in season 3? Seems building level to me.
I tried, but way too complex (for me at least)
Kimiko was also blown in half by a grenade launcher (it's 9-A iirc)
She gets pierced by bullets and knives (downgrade to 10-B), same logic.

This feat, plus the fact that after MM directly saw Lamplighter melt a steel door with his flames, he still thought that Kimiko could survive that and would only be pissed off. Plus characters such as Queen Maeve likely upscaling him, as well as other supes in the verse such as Groundhawk flat out being 9-A. Groundhawk isn't considered anything special in the "The Boys" verse in terms of power, so it's probably safe to assume that the more popular supes like Queen Maeve & Black Noir are stronger than him

Issue is the Maeve scaling is from a deleted scene, that, while likely canon like the Butcher Short Film being a whole deleted scene, we have no actual confirmation.
Sure, it makes sense, but we don't have much direct reason to scale her to Groundhawk.

But the Lamplighter feat should check, yes.

Also, Sam is bound to help the 9-A scaling in the boys (Luke burnt Brink to ashes, which is 9-A)

Issue is the Maeve scaling is from a deleted scene, that, while likely canon like the Butcher Short Film being a whole deleted scene, we have no actual confirmation.
Sure, it makes sense, but we don't have much direct reason to scale her to Groundhawk.
Even ignoring the deleted scene, Groundhawk is a known Vought hero yet he isn't in the 7 while Queen Maeve is, implying that she's a better hero as spots in the 7 are reserved for only the best heros (as for how the Deep & Translucent got in if that's the case, good question)

Groundhawk was also defeated by Nubia and she was a contestant on American Hero, but wasn't able to get into the 7 (though that show was somewhat rigged with The Deep getting back in, but there was a legit deciding process and she didn't end up making the cut)

So scaling queen maeve above Groundhawk can still work even without the deleted scene

1. Should A-Train and Deep (and idk maybe Blue Hawk too) get Martial Arts in their profiles? We saw in Gen V (likely through Maeve, a former student) that the crimefighting supes do actually gets hand-to-hand combat training, and A-Train and Deep both were top ranked students there (Top 1 and Top 6, respectively. As for Blue Hawk, he also was in crimefighting, but not a high rank). I know they don't really fight with much skill, but maybe they at least know some basics? At least likely.

2. Maeve said that prior to fighting Homelander she trained for about 4 months, should she get Accelerated Development? It's a ginormous AP jump for a relatively short amount of time. But idk, maybe she is just built different.

Even ignoring the deleted scene, Groundhawk is a known Vought hero yet he isn't in the 7 while Queen Maeve is, implying that she's a better hero as spots in the 7 are reserved for only the best heros (as for how the Deep & Translucent got in if that's the case, good question)

Groundhawk was also defeated by Nubia and she was a contestant on American Hero, but wasn't able to get into the 7 (though that show was somewhat rigged with The Deep getting back in, but there was a legit deciding process and she didn't end up making the cut)

So scaling queen maeve above Groundhawk can still work even without the deleted scene
See, I thought the same, but Vought also values popularity a lot. Deep and Translucent got in for "token aquatic/invisible hero".
Now, it makes sense that if Nubian was super OP, they wouldn't try and 'sell him' to another city (S1E1) and rather keep in NY, but maybe he just was a B-list supe and they didn't care. Same with Nubia probably.
Like, powers matter, but if you are popular, you are have better odds than the stronger one.

Not really.

Translucent, Starlight, Deep, Firecracker and Sage are proof enough that the Seven are 90% marketing. The only real heavy hitters were Maeve and Homelander.

Back