• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
There are scenes where he literally throws projectiles at the same speed as Homelander's heat vision.
That doesn't address the previous point. He clearly isn't a speedster and isn't as fast as the speedsters of the verse like A-Train, who have actual numbers to them, and those numbers aren't on par with Homelander.

Pretty much,
Black Noir < A-Train's 371 m/s record < Homelander's Mach 10 - 18 calc = Black Noir

Part of that doesn't add up

If you have decent proof that Black Noir > A-Train in speed, then I'd love to see it, but unless you have more consistant showings of Black Noir being a speedster and consistantly moving as fast as Homelander level characters, then that's just PIS

Hell I honestly think Butcher shouldn't even scale to Homelander Hypersonic+ rating, the series has failed to portray Homelander using his flight/running speed as equal to his combat speed

If this thread includes the comic, can we discuss the Diabolical episode having large town level and massively hypersonic feats?
That episode isn't canon

Edit: Nvm, I didn't realize you were talking about the comics, not the show. My bad. Either way, the calcs look bad. It's confirmed he's going at Mach 2 at his fastest, and the calc doesn't take into account cinematic timing. We're viewing the event through a flashback iirc, so using the flashback time doesn't really do anything. For all we know, it took him over an hour to get that high. Also the cloud seperation feat assumes that the clouds were moving as fast as him. Where's the proof for that? You have to have solid proof those clouds were moving at mach 200, you can't just eyeball that

That doesn't address the previous point. He clearly isn't a speedster and isn't as fast as the speedsters of the verse like A-Train, who have actual numbers to them, and those numbers aren't on par with Homelander.

Pretty much,
Black Noir < A-Train's 371 m/s record < Homelander's Mach 10 - 18 calc = Black Noir

Part of that doesn't add up

If you have decent proof that Black Noir > A-Train in speed, then I'd love to see it, but unless you have more consistant showings of Black Noir being a speedster and consistantly moving as fast as Homelander level characters, then that's just PIS
Eh, A-Train's thing is travel speed. Black Noir punching faster than A-Train can run isn't especially contentious.

Plus, I personally don't think Maeve got amped as much as we say she did off one season's training, and was probably somewhat similar to her post-training self beforehand, though that's not applicable to site statistics.

Eh, A-Train's thing is travel speed. Black Noir punching faster than A-Train can run isn't especially contentious.

Plus, I personally don't think Maeve got amped as much as we say she did off one season's training, and was probably somewhat similar to her post-training self beforehand, though that's not applicable to site statistics.
Characters like Kimiko get speed blitzed by A-Train. Kimiko faught just fine with Black Noir and wasn't getting speedblitzed like she was with A-Train.

Same thing with Starlight. She got statued by A-Train, but could keep up with Black Noir

Black Noir clearly isn't as fast as A-Train, as A-Train can statue and speed blitz people that can keep up with Black Noir

Shouldn't Homelander have Low regeneration? He seemingly healed from his ear impalement from Maeve with no notable hearing problems in season 4. Also I believe he could receive a LS upgrade for the force he used to down a passenger plane mid flight. This likely meant he damaged a wing to the point that it was no longer possible to maintain flight which at minimum would mean a hole in it if not worse.

Characters like Kimiko get speed blitzed by A-Train. Kimiko faught just fine with Black Noir and wasn't getting speedblitzed like she was with A-Train.

Same thing with Starlight. She got statued by A-Train, but could keep up with Black Noir

Black Noir clearly isn't as fast as A-Train, as A-Train can statue and speed blitz people that can keep up with Black Noir
Fair. I suppose we'll have to see how things go for A-Train vs Homelander in terms of speed.

Wouldn't it be better to just scale A-Train Combat Speed and Travel Speed separately? Same with Homelander

I can't remember a single time either of them used their speed to fight like throwing super fast punches or something

I think Homelander should have an upgrade (possibly/likely rating), considering he flew to Tall Rifaat (Syria) and Africa (but we don't know which country specifically) in a short amount of time.
Homelander should also get an LS upgrade, because he threatened to rip Hughie's spine out of his neck (Class K) in season 2

Yes, but his durability is specifically noted to be very high, so him being able to take hits isn't necessarily a debunk.
I seriously can't tell what it's even on stakes right now.
Hell I honestly think Butcher shouldn't even scale to Homelander Hypersonic+ rating, the series has failed to portray Homelander using his flight/running speed as equal to his combat speed
The show struggles with that, but regardless Homelander can move and react fast enough to save Butcher from an explosion.
So either he has an speed mode he refuses to use even against an (almost) equal, or that's is meant to be his normal combat speed.

Maybe she should get "Accelerated Development". But she 100% got much stronger. Otherwise Annie and Kimiko are close to Homelander in strength.
What about Sam creating craters with the landing of his jumps?
I was gonna calc that, but since it's mostly soil, I doubt it would be anything higher than Wall level
Soldier Boy have resistance to poison, acid, radiation and mind but not sleep
He resisted Halothane, an anesthetic. Idk why it's listed like poison (I had brought that up before in a thread, same for a possible resistance to sleep from Annie and Noirr, but never got any attention)

He resisted Halothane, an anesthetic. Idk why it's listed like poison (I had brought that up before in a thread, same for a possible resistance to sleep from Annie and Noirr, but never got any attention)
Saying that being immune to an anesthetic is resistance to sleep manipulation is like saying that being immune to a venom is resistance to death manipulation.

An anesthetic is a drug, so it's resistance to poison manip

Because it's a live action show with not a huge budget, that's why you don't see the Hypersonic or Transonic characters doing Dragon Ball-like fights.

I think Homelander should have an upgrade (possibly/likely rating), considering he flew to Tall Rifaat (Syria) and Africa (but we don't know which country specifically) in a short amount of time.
Homelander should also get an LS upgrade, because he threatened to rip Hughie's spine out of his neck (Class K) in season 2
Any opinion on this?

Unless we know how long it took Homelander to fly that distance, then that feat means nothing. Without time, we can't calculate speed

For the LS, Homelander is already possibly Class K, I think adding that threat under his Class K section should be fine

Saying that being immune to an anesthetic is resistance to sleep manipulation is like saying that being immune to a venom is resistance to death manipulation.

Should be at least be rephrased to drugs, because it's not same as poison, and it's definitely not the same as novichok.

Also, since we are at it, any opinions on the Noir and Annie stuff? The gas knocked everyone out immediately except her and Noir.
Any opinion on this?
Any ideas of timeframes? even then, it could be just like the stormfront feat you brought in another thread and simply be travel speed.

As for the spine one, he already has a possible class K rating from an statement, I think this just make it a likely rather than a full on upgrade, but I wouldn't be against it either.

EDIT: Homelander should also get for his resistance to disease that he said that anthrax wouldn't do anything to him (or Ryan, so he should also get it)

Should be at least be rephrased to drugs, because it's not same as poison, and it's definitely not the same as novichok.
“Poison” is a term that refers to a substance that sickens or kills someone when inhaled, it does not just mean venoms or toxins. Being unaffected by drinking bleach or expired meat is resistance to poison manipulation.

Also, since we are at it, any opinions on the Noir and Annie stuff? The gas knocked everyone out immediately except her and Noir.
Are you talking about the scene where Noir kidnaps Annie and her mother?
For the LS, Homelander is already possibly Class K, I think adding that threat under his Class K section should be fine

As for the spine one, he already has a possible class K rating from an statement, I think this just make it a likely rather than a full on upgrade, but I wouldn't be against it either.
The plane statement should be Class M I think, not Class K.

He's still effected by marijuana and seems to be pretty effected as he starts experiencing straight up schizophrenia with all of the voices he's hearing. So he either smoked an entire smoke shops worth of weed or has an extremley low resistance to that type of drug

He's also implied to be knocked out by Bill Cosby's drinks and has taken drugs before. If he resisted the effects of the drugs, then there would be no reason to take them as he wouldn't get high off of them.

Also anestedics don't work that way. They don't work like traditional drugs

“Poison” is a term that refers to a substance that sickens or kills someone when inhaled, it does not just mean venoms or toxins. Being unaffected by drinking bleach or expired meat is resistance to poison manipulation.
Yeah but do consider yourself intoxicated if someone sedated you for an operation? If not sleep, then at least it should listed separately under "resistance to drugs" or something, like how MCU Cap America has resitance to drugs and alcohol.
Are you talking about the scene where Noir kidnaps Annie and her mother?
Yes, the gas immediately knocked everyone out except Annie and Noir.
The plane statement should be Class M I think, not Class K.
If you have any concrete numbers for it to be class M, then we could check it out.
He's still effected by marijuana and seems to be pretty effected as he starts experiencing straight up schizophrenia with all of the voices he's hearing. So he either smoked an entire smoke shops worth of weed or has an extremley low resistance to that type of drug

He's also implied to be knocked out by Bill Cosby's drinks and has taken drugs before. If he resisted the effects of the drugs, then there would be no reason to take them as he wouldn't get high off of them.

Fair, but then how do we list it? He smokes the halothane straight out of the can and give no f*cks lol

Fair, but then how do we list it? He smokes the halothane straight out of the can and give no f*cks lol
I think the creators just overestimate weeds potency or he's smoking that GOOD shit

I think just a resistance to sleep inducing substances such as halothane should work, not nessicarally being poisoned. Granted, I feel like there was a scene where he said he couldn't get drunk or something, which would be a resistance to poison. Though I might be remembering wrong

He's still effected by marijuana
Where is it said or shown?

and seems to be pretty effected as he starts experiencing straight up schizophrenia with all of the voices he's hearing
It's just mental illness

He's also implied to be knocked out by Bill Cosby's drinks and has taken drugs before.
He's not implied that. He implies he knows Bill Cosby was drugging women. Soldier Boy is not a woman, Bill Cosby wouldn't have drugged him

It still remains a biological manipulation, it's not a supernatural thing that puts people to sleep

Boeing 747s only weight about 180 tons, so still Class K
I'm pretty sure it's a Boeing 737, not 747

Yeah but do consider yourself intoxicated if someone sedated you for an operation? If not sleep, then at least it should listed separately under "resistance to drugs" or something, like how MCU Cap America has resitance to drugs and alcohol.
Either Poison or Status Effect

Yes, the gas immediately knocked everyone out except Annie and Noir.
So it seems to be the same case as for Soldier Boy

When they go for Mindstorm, butcher says he gave him weed, and both Billy and Hughie attribute the stuff he hears as hik bein baked.

It still remains a biological manipulation, it's not a supernatural thing that puts people to sleep
Resistance to sleep with a clarification that's only for chemicals would work just fine. Like, if he fights a guy with sleep magic, he is ******. But if it's a guy with sleep gas (like that one kid from MHA) then GG.

There's much difference in weigh?
So it seems to be the same case as for Soldier Boy
Then the answer I gave for SB applies to them then (because Annie also gets high on weed)

It's just mental illness
Weed increases the amount of dopamine in your brain massivley, which can give you symptoms of schizophrenia as schizophrenia is pretty much just having a shit ton of dopamine in your brain. A pretty common symptom of being high off of weed is hearing/seeing things that aren't there, though typically its more minor than what Soldier Boy was experiencing
He's not implied that. He implies he knows Bill Cosby was drugging women. Soldier Boy is not a woman, Bill Cosby wouldn't have drugged him
"Holy shit, did he make some strong drinks"

This implies that he has had Bill Cosby's drinks, and likely experienced their effects of sleep manipulation
That's even worse, Boeing 737 planes only weigh 70 tons. That's Class 100

Hear me out, would Homelander gain resistances to all of Voughts weapons? Acid, Poison and etc.? Barbara says they had absolutely no power over him

Hear me out, would Homelander gain resistances to all of Voughts weapons? Acid, Poison and etc.? Barbara says they had absolutely no power over him
I mean, considering how it's the most powerful supe (and I think I had already made this comment) he should logically have the resistances of lesser supes (Like Vicky's to acid or Translucent with electricity). Hell, he should likely also resists poison and sleep gases just by default too since no one can stop him.

I mean, considering how it's the most powerful supe (and I think I had already made this comment) he should logically have the resistances of lesser supes (Like Vicky's to acid or Translucent with electricity). Hell, he should likely also resists poison and sleep gases just by default too since no one can stop him.
Wait maybe the "they threw every weapon on earth to him" can be used for quite a few resistances right?

Wait maybe the "they threw every weapon on earth to him" can be used for quite a few resistances right?
I don't think that statements holds that much weight in that regards. He already is bulletproof. At best, I think it supports other feats, but on it's own I wouldn't use it to, say, "oh there's his acidic weapon that exists, so he resists acid".

I think it's best to just wait until he actually shows those resistances on screen. We already talked about this statement earlier and how it's unreliable, so we shouldn't use it to justify making Homelander resistant to everything under the sun, and we should just have him be resistant to what he has been shown to be resistant too.

If Homelander eventually shows resistance to poisonous gasses, sleep manipulation, ect, I wouldn't be suprised at all. But we should wait until we actually see that before applying it, otherwise we're just assuming things

Holy shit, did he make some strong drinks"

This implies that he has had Bill Cosby's drinks, and likely experienced their effects of sleep manipulation
Bill Cosby put drugs in drinks to rape women. Why would Cosby drug Soldier Boy? And if that was the case, that could just mean that Soldier Boy wasn't affected by the drug and mistook it for strong alcohol. Also, resisting one poison does not necessarily mean that you will resist another
That's even worse, Boeing 737 planes only weigh 70 tons. That's Class 100
My bad, I confused Class 100 and M. But yeah it's just Class 100 I think
If Homelander eventually shows resistance to poisonous gasses, sleep manipulation, ect, I wouldn't be suprised at all. But we should wait until we actually see that before applying it, otherwise we're just assuming things
A "likely resistance to poison, acid, etc" should be on his profile I think. Frenchie obtained and created Novichok for Soldier Boy and created acid for Neuman. Mallory hired Frenchie into the team because he neutralized several heroes thanks to his prep time. Homelander would already be dead if he didn't resist poison or acid

Back