• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boxer Webtoon Discussion Thread

Didn't manage to read everything before daily pass but luckily I've found other ways to read the entire thing for free :)

Also, the scans from pirate sites are easier to get tbh.

The scans from pirate sites are easier to get, yes, but they don't come in full size, their separated, so they look weird and you have to download them together to make the image make sense.

FYI Mangasee is probably the best one (That I've found) for the boxer. You can remove the shitty gaps as well.

Mangasee seems to work pretty well, yeah. Some of the panels are small and cut off in-between text bubbles but that's better than the gaps I'd see on shit like Manganato.

Simple question, but if we ever make a Ryu profile, I believe his post-timeskip key's ap will be lower than before he got to prison, no? IIRC it was stated that he wasn't anything like before, rather he became average.

Also, not sure about this, but should we give Yu, and Aaron resistance to analytical prediction due to being much more skilled than Ryu, or nah? Ryu managed to fodderize Siha Lee, the dude who could predict your attacks by sensing your blood flow among other shit, the same dude who fought Jay. IIRC it was stated that he couldn't even read Ryu's movements, and that he doesn't stand a sliver of a chance against Yu.

So, would it be stretching it if we decided to give both Aaron, Yu, and Ryu resistance to Analytical prediction due to this?

Also, not sure about this, but should we give Yu, and Aaron resistance to analytical prediction due to being much more skilled than Ryu, or nah? Ryu managed to fodderize Siha Lee, the dude who could predict your attacks by sensing your blood flow among other shit, the same dude who fought Jay. IIRC it was stated that he couldn't even read Ryu's movements, and that he doesn't stand a sliver of a chance against Yu.
I actually have an entire ******* scaling chain for The Boxer layered analytical prediction resistance I'm so glad someone brought it up let's go.

But yeah, Ryu's post-prison key would lack all the bullshit stuff he gets by being a genius.

Particularly, Aaron wouldn't get this resistance to analytical prediction because he's not a "genius", per se, but he's just monstrous physically. For example, Ryu Baeksan as a genius-level fighter can create that unique freedom and flow that allows him to pull of unorthodox movements and unpredictable attacks and shit, but this would only apply to those with actual "genius" level talent.

So, for example, Yuto after his evolution in his fight with Yu would have it since it was stated that he'd achieved the "freedom" that was unique to genius-level fighters, but since Aaron's technique is average, he wouldn't actually have this resistance. It's a thing unique to those with genius-level talent.

Oh yeah another thing about Siha, would he be able to scale to Ryu post-timeskip? Although it is unknown when, but when Ryu managed to beat the **** out of a large ass group of people, and since he was stabbed the in the leg probably mid-way through the fight, would Siha be able to scale to him or should we just scale him to the boxers he fodderized, ie 9-C? Since Siha is weaker than Jay, but not by a huge margin or anything.

And yes, I'm making a Siha page becuz it's easy and would probably help a bit when it comes to Analytical prediction scaling.

He'd scale above Ryu post-timeskip, honestly.

He fought Ryu when both were in highschool but now Siha is a professional Boxer who was the best in the entire country and is significantly more built than Ryu because of it. In all honesty, most Pro Boxers in the Series scale above Ryu physically through the sheer virtue that they've actually trained physically meanwhile Ryu relies strictly on technique and talent.

This is also not taking into account Ryu got throttled physically by Jay during their 2nd fight meanwhile Siha kept up way more comfortably.

Aaaaand I'm done with Siha. Not the best, still have some things I'm unsure about like the AP, but I think it's alright. Doesn't have much since he only had a few chapters, but he's pretty darn good.

If anyone can see if there are any mistakes or disagree about some shiz, just tell me. But if the profile is fine, then Imma post it.

Classic Riki W. Clean af render.

I'm confused on AP tho, for what reason are we scaling Siha to 9-B?

I recall hearing something something about beating a **** ton of people could lead to 9-B (Ryu's feat), but still ain't sure. I asked a few peeps about it, so I'll wait for a response before changing it to 9-C.

Yeah idk how that'd lead to 9-B lol, it'd be best to scale him to 9-C. At most 9-C+ scaling above or to Yu due to a likely physical superiority cause BoS Yu is a literal twig.

Yeah you're right, it's baseline 9-C unfortunately. I guess I mixed it up with something else.

Also doubt he will scale to 9-C+, since Ryu did say that Yu's punching strength was inhumane, and Siha got thrashed by Ryu pre-timeskip.

Baseline 9-C it is, sadly.

I mean yeah but I'm pretty sure Ryu didn't thrash Siha because of punching power lol. That was entirely skill.

I don't really give a shit if he scales to 9-C+ or not but like, its not out of the realm of possibility at all tbh, even if a little farfetched.

Actually you might be correct. Although Ryu did have some strong ass punches since he could knock out 1.9 meter dudes with a single punch, but Siha didn't really seem to get thrashed like that by Ryu's physicality as much as it was due to skill. Not to mention, Siha definitely trained a **** ton afterwards since this happened most likely before he got into boxing tournaments and shiz.

At least 9-C, possibly 9-C+ seems like the best option imho.

Yeah it's pretty much the same reason we scale Jean Pierre above BoS Yu, because inherently trained professional boxers, especially champions like Siha and Jean, have a physical advantage over Yu who at BoS was skinny af with 0 muscle definition lol.

You forgot to put (The Boxer) after his name 🗿

And yeah I've been thinking about making a verse page, but I didn't wanna leave it with an incomplete set of characters so I'm first making the profiles and then planning to add them all in bulk to the verse page. I've also never made a verse page so I'm nervous.

I don't think we need to add "The Boxer" if the name of the character isn't used anywhere else, as many pages don't do that.

Also iz ez, I think there's a guide to making verse pages. Or I can just make a sandbox about it myself later, no sweat.

I mean I ain't doing anything I don't have responsibilities for the next few weeks(school starting again soon), so I can make a sandbox real quick. I just need a cool image to use for the page lol.

Anybody got a good image we can use for Viktor? I can't seem to find one.

2a14b2d3231a863cbb38808a8b44bf31003.jpg

4fcbf9d9ed79fdb328fbec4dd384dee7079.jpg

a4c32fec5fcc8c7ae9b7d60f4d98317a110.jpg

3c8d85549608b6df194d43cf32757d6b048.jpg

599c2d14180f9981774f1d05899d9151117.jpg

I meant like a full-body image for his profile.

I guess I'll use the first one lol.

Also Viktor needs resistance to cold manip or sth as he was able to casually scale mt everest in his normal clothes and punch ice in the middle of an antarctic night while half naked

Back