• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The borders of tiers 2-B and 2-A?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
The staff member The Living Tribunal1 has suggested that we should change the upper border of tier 2-B from 10^500 universes to "Any higher finite number of universes", and change tier 2-A to simply "Any countably infinite number of universes".

I have also been informed that there are extremely few characters within this wiki that qualify for a finite 2-A.

What do the rest of the staff think about this suggestion?

hmmm this seems legit in my head i mean 2-B should show a finite amount of universes but it's just a ridiculous amount and from what i remember the highest known number is googleplexian which is still finite. The 2-As are the ones with infinite universes while High 2-As transcend the infinite universe at least me thinks

As i said, this seems perfectly fine with me on us doing this sort of change. There's so very few finite 2-A's, once again, that it's really bare in the 2-A tier compared to everyone whose either a 2-A being or can destroy an infinite number of universes.....or create them.

On board with this one to me. Would like to see what others personally think of this.

Yeah i can agree to this, it would apply to like three characters total so it wouldnt be that difficult to impliment either

I don't mind either way; the change would be quite reasonable.

This would fix a lot of confusion regarding the very few finite 2-A characters, so I agree it should be implemented.

This isn't entirely on topic but...

TISSG7Redgrave said:
from what i remember the highest known number is googleplexian which is still finite.
A "googolplexian" is a one followed by a googolplex of zeros, right? Ten to the power of googolplex?

I don't think that's the largest named number. I think that distinction may go to Graham's number. A number so big that "googolplex to the power of googolplex" seems absolutely tiny by comparison.

Since that may be hard to imagine, here's a helpful article about conceptualizing a number so insanely, mind-numbingly huge.

On that note, a meaningful distiction between 2-B and 2-A could merely be reduced to the idea that one is still countably finite and the other is infinite (but not so infinite as to breach into 1-C territory).

agh good point @Jaften I just look up the internet to search really to find a definite number and such but anyway i do agree with the changes

I have changed my first post to say "Any countably infinite number of universes". Sorry.

I think that we should wait for a while, yes. I would prefer if Azathoth cleared this. And Kavpeny will visit during his break the next few days, so he might wish to check it up as well.

Well, if they do not respond, I think that we can go ahead anyway.

Okay. I would appreciate if anybody is willing to help out by adjusting them. Take note that "countless" universes is still 2-B.

Hop Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer said:
Hop agrees very much. Ending it at 1,000 was silly anyways. Approved.
1,000 was the end for 2-C. 2-B was 10^500.

But yeah, I think this already passed.

Oh yeah. 2-C should be the same.

Also, passed? It has been less than 12 hours?! Living on the other side of the world is quite unfair in case any staff that are asleep or working should happen to miss this and disagree.

Oh well, though. Think there's enough staff votes for it that pass it regardless. Also TLT is backing it up, and Hop trusts his analysis on this subject.

Matthew Schroeder said:
There are plenty of SMT chars who'll become 2-B then.
Are you sure about that? Unless I am mistaken it seems the 2-A scaling comes from Kagutsuchi, who's an infinite 2-A.

Hmm. If what Matt said on there being several SMT characters that will have to be 2-B then, those should also be changed.

Matthew Schroeder said:
There are plenty of SMT chars who'll become 2-B then.
Arent the bunch of 2-A SMT characters supposed to scale up from kagutsuchi who himself is an infinite multiverse buster?

A lot of the 2-As are backwards scaling from Kagutsuchi or Brahman, but are powerful enough on their own right that they were ranked at finite 2-A.

... But now that I think of it, Odin in SMT IV: Apocalypse was capable of knocking down Flynn, and that could scale to a lot of demons.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Michael, Beelzebub, Mara and Asura all likely go down to 2-B.
Vishnu and Shiva I don't know.
I see, at least another 4 characters will go down to 2-B

Any clues about Vishnu and Shiva?

I believe that we should remove the 10^500 mention (since the main putpose of the 10^500 answer is to show that there are a finite number of 11-Dimensional configurations a universe can have)

Okay. I will remove it. Sorry about that it took so long to get to this, after you first brought the matter up to me. It took a while to reconsider, and then I got very busy managing other issues.

Hmm. On second thought, it might be good to keep the mention, given that it is useful to make a point of that there are theorised to exist many other 4-dimensional universal branes in our multiverse.

Okay. Thank you for the input.

Hmm. Other than Matt needing to adjust the mentioned SMT characters, i guess we're right about done here.

And to of the 10^500 mention. Best to keep it instead.

Back