• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The borders of tiers 2-B and 2-A?

the thing is i dont think the 10^500 link actually explains why there are many configurations at all, it just mentions the number- doesnt say how it actually comes out of calculations ( i found a google scholar artical about it once, but idk how long it will take me to find it again- that article would be a much better source, so u cud replace the link and the description with the google scholar article once i find it)

Replacing the link with a better explanation would be fine, and appreciated, yes.

Hmm. TLT1's reasoning sounds good enough to me also. That can perhaps work instead then in this case.

Ok, just in case if i cant find it, we can keep the 10^500 mention

cuz keep in mind the 10^500 is basically the number of solutions- which refers to the number of different unique configurations, and ny number of universes can have the same one. The conffuguration determines the universe's rate of expansion (among other stuff), so all of the parallel universes that would have popped ever since the big bang (the universe splitting into other universes due to probability of all events) would all have the same configuration, and universes originating from other big bangs can also have the same configuration.

So in short if we go with 10^500 configurations, each configuration could still account for countless universes

Hmm...entirely unsure of the ramifications of the change, but I do agree with the premise; as far as I have observed, there has never been a distinction in a character's tier with respect to the whether or not the number of 4-dimensional universes they could destroy was greater than or lesser than 10^500. In other words, almost no fictional Verse adhered to the borderline we specified previously.

That said, "any higher finite number of universal space-time continuums" is an ambiguous phrase. Perhaps we should list the value of 10^500 beside it as an example (linked to the google scholar article, if TLT1 happens to find it), to give readers a rough estimate of the magnitude of the number that should be considered a "higher finite number".

In effect, IMO, revise the phrasing of Tier 2-B to: "Characters who can create and/or destroy 1001 to any finite number (example: 10^500 [linked]) of universe-sized 4-dimensional space-time continuums."

Since 2-A will be defined as "countably infinite", the phrase "any finite number" essentially means the same as "higher finite number", but does not sound as confusing.

I am fine with "Characters who can create and/or destroy 1001 to any higher finite number (example: 10^500 [linked]) of universe-sized 4-dimensional space-time continuums." (Without the "higher", it sounds unspecific, as any finite number includes 2, 3, 4, etcetera).

However, we need to wait for TLT1 to find the article first.

On the other hand, we still mention 10^500 in the beginning of the tiering system article, so maybe it is redundant to do so twice?

Good point. I had forgotten about that. So final revision, "Characters who can create and/or destroy 1001 to any finite number of universe-sized 4-dimensional space-time continuums." then? And include the link (if article found) by replacing the link to 10^500 found in the explanation paragraph preceding the tiers list.

"Characters who can create and/or destroy 1001 to any higher finite number of universe-sized 4-dimensional space-time continuums" is fine with me.

Let's wait for more feedback. Bar anyone disagreeing however, I think this issue is resolved.

i think it is ok to keep the 10^500 link

but add a sentence saying that is the number of solutions or the number of 11-D configurrations a universe can have

and any number of universes can have the same configuration

(the configuraation determines the rate of expasion of the universe due to dark energy pressure)

Antvasima said:
"Characters who can create and/or destroy 1001 to any higher finite number of universe-sized 4-dimensional space-time continuums" is fine with me.
It's fine to me too.

@TLT1 That would probably be confusing to the visitors, and invite to future arguing about the topic.

Back