• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Binding of Time: Isaac VS Hat Kid

Bosses resist hax in most games, there's absolutely no reason Hat Kid should be given that same benefit.

makes sense I guess. In that case, since Kid doesn't resist transmutation, an ace card should work? I'm trying to think which of Isaac's passives could make it so hat kid can't rewind and pause before Isaac uses a card or something

The fact that she doesn't lead with that at all, while flush and the ace cards are realistic leading moves from isaac

oh i missed that part. then i'd say isaac goes with an ace card yeah

So it's though based time stop + BFR vs Transmutation and Danmaku.

I guess hat kid wouldn't be able to avoid to transmutation so I guess Isaac FRA.

i mean if the bfr is thought-based and they're bloodlusted hat kid stomps ig

isaac's permanently moving in fast-forwarded time, it's not blitz worthy but it should make up for that. there's also toxic shock which will immediately strongly poison hat kid, likely slowing down her BFR action just enough

how does the BFR work anyway? Presumably if Hat Kid can time stop she can use BFR, right?

how does the BFR work anyway? Presumably if Hat Kid can time stop she can use BFR, right?
Basically she can throw time piece and Isaac would get in the other dimension. Time stop isn't really big deal of a time piece l (though she can reverse time if needed), but her time stop hat which slow downs time, can help get close enough for BFR.
However Isaac's other power ups should help here plus danmaku and transmutation.

also i should mention, isaac starts out invisible and would stay invisible until he shoots a tear, which he wouldn't have to cause cards aren't tears. i assume hat girl has to actually know where the target is to BFR

also i should mention, isaac starts out invisible and would stay invisible until he shoots a tear, which he wouldn't have to cause cards aren't tears. i assume hat girl has to actually know where the target is to BFR
The assumption is right.
Hat Kid haven't shown at least direct feats of exactly seeing invisible, though she previously experienced invisible opponents so she would be able soon or late find Isaac.

yeah but she has like, one second to do so- i think it's fair for me to vote isaac here.

also i should mention isaac might get updated to 8-B but since the wincons of both fighters are hax-related it shouldn't matter

yeah, plus if the time stop hat only actually slows time, it won't help against passives. My vote is for Isaac

and the reason I was asking how BFR works is because Isaac does have a good number of ways of escaping most BFR, such as the fool card or the teleporter

and the reason I was asking how BFR works is because Isaac does have a good number of ways of escaping most BFR, such as the fool card or the teleporter
Basically it teleports you to another dimension with no time. Which means you need dimensional travel to escape

Last edited:
ERROR rooms might count as another dimension but I doubt there's evidence for that, so probably not.

yeah I mean an argument could be made for various rooms being alternate planes of reality or something, but it seems unlikely that it'd get accepted anyway. I think getting off time stop into BFR would be a viable wincon for Hat Kid, though I still am gonna stick with my vote for Isaac, partially because Hat Kid's true time stop doesn't seem to be particularly combat applicable

Back