• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Binding of Time: Isaac VS Hat Kid

This is a tough one as both have the same stamina and attack potency. I could use some extra reasoning for why either side can win

I think hat kid takes it.
Isaac have bunch of hax, however hat kid can counter good amount of them.
His time manipulation can be resisted by hat kid naturally and with time stop hat.
And well, after some time Hat kid would use BFR.
Voting hat kid.

Isaac easily takes it. He has a passive damage aura and literally undodgeable omnidirectional danmaku, with every shot that composes it carrying basically all of his hax.

Note, it might seem "literally undodgeable" might be a hyperbole, however, it is not.

FLASHING LIGHTS WARNING

This is done with far from all the items in the game, by the way. About half, little less than that

not mentioning that he could of had a much more deadly loadout if he took everything in the right order

I just looked up a random video, this is merely an example, point is while it's basically impossible to predict what will come out when Isaac fires, suffice to say it will be be impossible to dodge

Still hat kid have ice hat which can likely whistand this and well she still can reverse time to the point of beggining the attack or when Isaac haven't seen her to begin more unexpected attacks(since she have stealth mastery after all).
Also battle happens in more open space (Subcon forest), which is by far not 2D and not a small sized rooms in dungeons.
Also hat kid have some experience with Danmaku.

Last edited:
Have you seen the video? That stuff will move in EVERY direction covering an area of hundreds of meters perfectly. If she hides all Isaac has to do is keep firing and the twenty homing abilities he has will take care of it. And she doesn't resist transmutation or empathic manip, among other things, so if she gets grazed by a projectile, thousands more will hit her, doubtlessly leading to a kill.

That's absolutely not enough. I mean, I'm not sure there CAN be enough danmaku experience, Isaac's storm of projectiles is literally solid. That said I should mention, Isaac has plenty of experience dealing with danmaku himself although not to his own level.

Also, Isaac has several instantaneous aoe attacks such as poisonous gas and a holy aura that permanently surrounds him, dealing damage, poisoning and petrifying everything around him. He also has at least 12 resurrections, but every time he dies he has a 50% chance of that resurrection not being consumed. Finally, he has another passive aura that pushes projectiles away, so even if Hat Kid went for the BFR instantly the time piece would get pushed away.

Here's some other fun combinations he has access to:

Plan C instantly kills everything, then proceeds to kill Isaac, however he has several resurrections as his disposal

Gnawed Leaf makes Isaac invulnerable to hits, allowing his dozens of familiars to do the job while he's safe

Fire several sorts of lasers that home instantly

Immediately transmute Hat Kid into a golden poop the second she touches him, which he can then easily destroy without fear of retaliation, or just leave it there for an incon win ig

Seriously you could make an argument for this being a stomp, her only wincon is BFR and it's highly unlikely it will work

Some of it, maybe, but the sheer amount of projectiles would eventually cause higher amounts of damage, nevermind that transmutation would prevent her from regenerating. As for Type 4, is that applicable? I figure Oleggator would have brought it up otherwise. Either way as shown by the fragments that your enemies leave when destroyed, the transmutation sticks after death, so if he turns her into a gold statue, or poop, then destroys her, she should stay dead.

Have you seen the video? That stuff will move in EVERY direction covering an area of hundreds of meters perfectly. If she hides all Isaac has to do is keep firing and the twenty homing abilities he has will take care of it. And she doesn't resist transmutation or empathic manip, among other things, so if she gets grazed by a projectile, thousands more will hit her, doubtlessly leading to a kill.

That's absolutely not enough. I mean, I'm not sure there CAN be enough danmaku experience, Isaac's storm of projectiles is literally solid. That said I should mention, Isaac has plenty of experience dealing with danmaku himself although not to his own level.

Also, Isaac has several instantaneous aoe attacks such as poisonous gas and a holy aura that permanently surrounds him, dealing damage, poisoning and petrifying everything around him. He also has at least 12 resurrections, but every time he dies he has a 50% chance of that resurrection not being consumed. Finally, he has another passive aura that pushes projectiles away, so even if Hat Kid went for the BFR instantly the time piece would get pushed away.

Here's some other fun combinations he has access to:

Plan C instantly kills everything, then proceeds to kill Isaac, however he has several resurrections as his disposal

Gnawed Leaf makes Isaac invulnerable to hits, allowing his dozens of familiars to do the job while he's safe

Fire several sorts of lasers that home instantly

Immediately transmute Hat Kid into a golden poop the second she touches him, which he can then easily destroy without fear of retaliation, or just leave it there for an incon win ig

Seriously you could make an argument for this being a stomp, her only wincon is BFR and it's highly unlikely it will work
Still the projectiles he shoot in video is at very limited space. Like, again 2D plus very closed area. In hundreds meters range how many projectiles except for homing attack ones would get to hat kid?
Also isn't homing attacks are supposed to attack something visible, how Isaac can attack someone he wouldn't be able to see? If he showed to attack invisible beings by homing, then ok.

Some of it, maybe, but the sheer amount of projectiles would eventually cause higher amounts of damage, nevermind that transmutation would prevent her from regenerating. As for Type 4, is that applicable? I figure Oleggator would have brought it up otherwise. Either way as shown by the fragments that your enemies leave when destroyed, the transmutation sticks after death, so if he turns her into a gold statue, or poop, then destroys her, she should stay dead.
is should be applicable since Snatcher will revive Hat Kid everytime she dies just so he can see her suffer more
so even if Hat Kid went for the BFR instantly the time piece would get pushed away.
Hat Kid's BFR isn't her throwing the time piece at Isaac, she does it like this and since she has far more experience then Mustache Girl with them she should be able to do everything she did but far better

More than you think- they'd be even bigger than that, and split into multiple ones upon breaking. Furthermore, each of them would have a a damaging aura far larger than the projectile itself thanks to Godhead.
It does home into invisible enemies, yeah
That said BFR means it's not a stomp, o happy day

Nah, Isaac's danmaku makes it basically impossible for Hat Kid to reach him and it will still lead to a victory due to hax, I'm voting him.

Not really, a lot of his hax is incon-based. Transmutation, mindhax, empathic manip, he even has sealing.
if Hat Kid sees a shit ton of projectiles coming at her, she's wouldn't just let them hit her, she could easily create a forcefield around herself that only Snatcher's apple bombs were capable of destroying or just spam teleportation like how Mustache Girl used them to teleport in her fight
Have you watched the video I linked? Spamming teleportation will get her absolutely nowhere, it's way too many. As for the forcefield, Isaac's tears are both piercing and intangible, they'll pass through it, and if they don't their aura will.

Probably not, he lacks defensive hax and while it's not on his profile yet Isaac can function with his soul removed

massive amounts of tears, knives, scythes, bombs, lasers, etc. in all directions aside, how does an item like magic fingers work in a vsbattles context?

AOE. Also speaking of that, with Repentance Isaac now has AOE Transmutation and Existance Erasure.

So wait, can Isaac kill hat kid totally or incap?
Because despite of danmaku storm, hat kid would just coming back to life.

Transmutation. Or Existance Erasure if it comes to that.

No, neither of those allow resurrection unless that resurrection has specific feats of coming back from that I'm pretty sure. But even if they did, the way his EE works is that once he hits an enemy with it, every single enemy of that kind will disappear from the run, so if Hat Kid respawned she'd immediately vanish again.

He holds up a card and anything in range (at least a dozen of meters, likely way more) gets turned into an item. There's also Flush, which does the same but turns you into poop.

I don't think Isaac is able to land a hit on Kid with the eraser, but something like an ace card could definitely be an interesting play

it is worth noting that between ace of diamonds, ace of clubs, and ace of hearts don't work on bosses, and I don't know if that's just filed under game mechanics or something, but if we're considering that, I feel like Kid would count as a boss. Speaking of, eraser only works on bosses when they're already at the brink of death, so Isaac would need to intentionally just barely not one shot Hat Kid in order to use the eraser

Back