• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Big Bleach Speed CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if this is the third interpretation of would count as sub interpretation of what Arc said.

Lets assume that there are 7 walls of senbonsakura then ichigo swatted the 1st wall and and other 6 were swatted away by the force transferred by the 1st wall.
But Byakuya is applying counterforce at all time. If we assume that byakuya wasn't able to react and apply counterforce then the time used in calc would change from 1 second or 5 second to accepted reaction time of byakuya or captain level characters (which might be 0.000001 not good with the numbers but yeah you get the point)
Senbonsakura are controlled so ichigo swatted the some and even few of them that were not properly swatted away would use that counter force to attack again. So Ichigo would have to swat them again. The only way to beat the counter force is to swat away every petal and from byakuya's statement we know he did.

I will make the argument much simpler its like
Byakuya is firing kamehameha and Ichigo is using multiple ki bombs.

So the question is does ichigo just use a few ki bombs to counter frontal force of Kamehameha and other 90% of force would be countered as a chain effect OR use huge amount ki bombs to counter full force of Kamehameha.

I and Arc for one thinks that Ichigo didn't just counter the frontal force but all force in those petals that is supported by statement. Damage and other think that Ichigo just countered the frontal force and what happened to other 90% of the petals and counter force being applied by Byakuya was a chain reaction not a feat by Ichigo.

Didn't Applelord literally show a GIF on a previous thread showing that Ichigo using a shockwave to repel the petals all is exactly what happened? Before anyone says, "That's the Anime version", the manga happens off screen. And our standards for feats that happen off screen is that we use the interpretation that avoids stacking numbers together.

Also, does it really makes sense that they were all launched the same time and yet we assume he used a big sword to repel each one one by one?

@DarkDragonMedeus; to clarify, Arc's position isn't that the petals were cleared one by one, but only cleared in as many could theoretically fit against the edge of his blade (Over a 1000).

Which still ignores the issue of the petals behind the ones just touching his sword.

@DarkDragonMedeus The manga didn't happen off screen, it shows Ichigo swatting away the petals.

Yes it makes sense, this is clearly intended to be a very impressive speed feat, and nobody has ever actually argued Ichigo was hitting them one at a time, Arc7Kuroi's suggestion assumes he's hitting around a thousand at a time, as many as the blade can feasibly hit without stacking layers.

the manga happens off screen
No it happens on panel.

Which still ignores the issue of the petals behind the ones just touching his sword.
It doesn't ignore that, and if you go by the panel of the feat it supports that Ichigo was shaving off layers and not cleaving through cross-sections.
We don't see chunks flying out, only just bits and pieces. Not to mention if you look at the after images of Ichigo's swings they're mostly tangent to where the pillars of petals would be.

Also @Damage3245 Have you shifted arguments or are you still going with the notion that Ichigo was swatting/pushing away entire pillars of petals?

I think he was pushing back more than just what could physically touch his sword. I'm not sure what you mean by "pillars of petals" exactly.

How is he using a shockwave in the anime version? He's literally swatting them away and then finishing up with a long swing to the side
A post like "Wait what?" is vague and isn't addressed to anyone specifically. If you have a question, ask it, otherwise this post is pointless.
I literally just got here...missed a bunch of stuff and just now read, it's not me asking a question, Damage...

And What about the counter force ?
When Byakuya defends Ichigo's strike it shoulld that the is a huge counter force that Byakuya is constantly pushes petals that haven't been swatted away back at Ichigo.

Edit - basically what Purgy and Arc said.

@CloudStrife00T You're correct, for some reason it's being assumed the petals just cease movement when they're touched by anything and Byakuya loses control over them.

Don't put words in people's mouths. I don't think anyone has put that forward as an assumption.

@Damage3245 Not putting words in your mouth, you're saying Ichigo swatting petals into other petals somehow means those petals are now defunct and stop attacking Ichigo for "reasons".

If that's not what you mean, then please clarify, because that's what I got from your argument.

But that would make feat more awesome. If byakuya loses control that would mean Ichigo slashed the petals so fast that byakuya didn't even have the time to react. So that way time frame would change from 1 second to 0.1 second or 0.001 second or whatever his accepted reaction time is.

Me too damage. We have been assuming that you are saying that there is not force in those petals except the time they attack ichigo and the moment ichigo touches them they lose all force and like leaves gets swept away when you clean them they get swept away with the counter force

@Damage3245 Not putting words in your mouth, you're saying Ichigo swatting petals into other petals somehow means those petals are now defunct and stop attacking Ichigo for "reasons".

If that's not what you mean, then please clarify, because that's what I got from your argument.

> stop attacking Ichigo for "reasons"

Yes... the same reasons the ones that Ichigo swatted away are no longer attacking him... because they've been knocked back. Like, isn't that what the whole feat is? Ichigo knocking the petals back so they aren't attacking him?

Ichigo never swatted petals into other petals, because Byakuya says Ichigo swatted all petals not that he swatted some into others. Stop assuming stuff.

Can we stop it and start from the beginning.

Damage do you agree with Arcs calc or not ? If not then what is the problem ?
You can read the thread. I've made myself clear about it a number of times.

I'll summarize my argument in totality for those that don't have the time to reread the thread, because like normal people I'm sure some of you are busy with real life.

But there have been multiple arguments over that after all those arguments if you still disagree then do you have any solid reason other than there is a possibility that something else happened?
I'll try to help.

From what I understand

From Arcs side we have
A statement and supporting feats such as ichigo attacking the defence of byakuya (the pic that purgy posted) and a small amount of evidence that supports that from the feat itself.
From Damage's side we have the possibility that he brings up and support of 3 moderators.
Tell me If that is where the augment stands or not ?

But there have been multiple arguments over that after all those arguments if you still disagree then do you have any solid reason other than there is a possibility that something else happened?

The two main arguments against my position have been "Byakuya said he swatted them all away" (Which Arc7 thinks means only has a single interpretation) and "We don't see huge numbers of petals being deflected" which frankly doesn't matter to me since Kubo doesn't draw Ichigo delicately shaving one layer of petals away at a time either.

You can just as easily say "We don't see Ichigo cutting away a thousand petals at a time per sword swing".

Parts of it were on panel, but not the rest of it. And the petals were going towards Ichigo one by one on the initial on panel feat.

But the fact is that those arguments are from the manga and anime while your argument is a possibility that you came up with. Is it not ?

which frankly doesn't matter to me since Kubo doesn't draw Ichigo delicately shaving one layer of petals away at a time either
You're right Kubo shows Ichigo is shaving away like single digit amounts of petals per swing ;) but I'm not unreasonable so I lowballed my calc anyhow.

Don't tell me the feat is getting rejected based on that author wasn't thorough enough to draw 10 pages of ichigo swatting away the petals ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back