• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Beyonders' Durability

Many people are frustrated over the fact that the Beyonders were killed by a bomb that destroyed thousands of universes but managed to kill The Living Tribunal, saying it is inconsistent.

I've seen some arguments against this connotation, and I have to agree. Why can't the Beyonders' Attack Potency be sufficient enough (1-B) to kill The Living Tribunal and have their durability less than that (2-B)? I mean, most reality warper beings often hit way above their weight class; take Scarlet Witch for example. She can probably be killed by a bullet to the head, but can manipulate reality on a planetary, even universal scale.

So that's why I don't find the whole bit to be overly inconsistent or confusing. The Beyonders are capable of destroying hyperversal beings but can also be damaged by multiversal threats. Hell, even Pre-Retcon Beyonder (1-B) was affected by Doctor Doom. Of course I could be wrong, but that's my take on it. I'm sure others have their own interpretation.

Hell, even Pre-Retcon Beyonder (1-B) was affected by Doctor Doom. Of course I could be wrong, but that's my take on it. I'm sure others have their own interpretation.

Due to the inconsistencies of Marvel, if one thing is amiss then it's better to disregard the feat entirely as an outlier. The fact that the beyonders did no feat in similar scope throws the entire scenario into question as the living tribunal could have been severely handicapped in power in accordance to the storyline to allow his death to be possible at the hands of lesser beings.

Well then I guess we'll assume that The Living Tribunal was not at his peak during that period, because he does have more feats than what The Beyonders have shown. Thanks for clarifying!

Back