• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Batter (OFF) vs Melkor (Lord of the Rings)

Hmmm... I'd have to say The Batter takes this one. With both at their strongest, The Batter wields slightly more power. What about Melkor's hax? The problem with that is that The Batter is FTL, meaning that Melkor would likely never have a chance to use them in the first place. Not to mention, to my understanding The Batter has four different bodies (classified as equipment), so if he does hax one to death there will still be others to deal with. Not to mention, The Batter's ailments serve in a similar vein to hax, if memory serves.

ThePerpetual said:
Hmmm... I'd have to say The Batter takes this one. With both at their strongest, The Batter wields slightly more power. What about Melkor's hax? The problem with that is that The Batter is FTL, meaning that Melkor would likely never have a chance to use them in the first place. Not to mention, to my understanding The Batter has four different bodies (classified as equipment), so if he does hax one to death there will still be others to deal with. Not to mention, The Batter's ailments serve in a similar vein to hax, if memory serves.
Well, Melkor has Planetary telepathy. Can the batter have any resist to it?

Well, here's some questions: One, would Morgoth's mind control work on an entity like the Batter in the first place? I mean, he's not human, that much is confirmed, and he's not exactly an animal either. More like a spirit than anything, from what I can see. Two, it's implied that he only is susceptible to being controlled by the player (who is canon to the game) because he wants to be, and apparently could solve all the puzzles in the game with ease but chooses to let the player try to figure it out themselves.

Wasn't done. Three, what's to stop the Batter from straight-up speedblitzing Morgoth? I mean, FTL's hard to get around. And again, four to contend with at a time. Four, could The Batter in theory sneak up on Morgoth and get a first strike? If not, then that might backfire. Five, is it in-character for him to mind-control right off the bat?

...dammit, I just did that.

Sorry if I'm not being helpful enough, I'm just going off of his VS Battles Wiki page, the OFF wiki, and what my friend has told me.

Well, Melkor has planetary magic and reality warping. That's the hax he got.

Then again, Can the batter fight back his magic and realiy warp as well?

To an extent, I'd imagine. I mean, he basically fights ghosts and monsters and the sort all the time.

Wow, uhh

First off, I'm just laughing myself to death right now, looking back at the times I thought one vote was enough to qualify for addition to a page

Secondly, speaking of, this doesn't have enough input for now to be conclusive, sooooo...

Also, given the buffs both have received since this was originally posted, may be a good idea to limit it to a weakened Morgoth and an early-game Batter.

Back