• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Bare Minimum Magneto Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stated to be moon sized, so rq:
Using a 9mm bullet as a basis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9×19mm_Parabellum
Overall length: 29.69mm (assuming moon size meant the length)
Moon diameter = 3474200 meters
Ratio: (3474200/0.02969)^3 = 1.6022632e24x
9mm bullet mass: 7.45 g/0.00745 kg
Mass: 1.1936861e22 kg
Once again using 90% c for speed
KE = 1388412841954185163635082461597311161149 joules, 331.83 ninatons of TNT Dwarf star level
My only comment on this thread. Though it’s worth noting Magneto is probably physically higher anyways given how much he bullies Cyclops and Colossus
90% is pretty reasonable for near lightspeed

Well... His best feat would be ripping Phoenix into gazillion pieces and sending it across space, but... We know how terrible Phoenix's feats are most of the time.

(Gotta downgrade her too one day.)
What? That never happened and if you mean Xorneto he just used Electromagnetic stroke in Jean's brain which was also stupid. (PIS) The Phoenix broke to pieces because of Jean's death not because of fake Magnus.... Rerread New X-Men.

(I don't agree with that)

This is addressed in the OP, that feat is not really usable
Shouldn't it still be listed on his profile in some way? It is something that he did perform, and we do have a seemingly legitimate result for it. Like, obviously it wouldn't scale to his normal AP but couldn't it be something like "at most," "with prep time," or something like that?

Suggestions for other feats to scale from to help Impress with her revisions would still be appreciated.

I think that we can calculate the kinetic energy involved.

Thank you. All of that should be useful feats.

Not sure how to go abou thte earthquake feat. He does it via a few steps that I dont think would scale to his AP. Volcano one I did calc, however it had t effectively be lowballed because of all the effects and bad senses of scale. Other ones I'm not sure how to go about calcing at all.

He seems to have only city level feats.
Well, as I keep saying, Marvel runs on everybody can fight and beat everybody. It is too bad that we cannot use the planet-killing missile feat though.

Well, as I keep saying, Marvel runs on everybody can fight and beat everybody. It is too bad that we cannot use the planet-killing missile feat though.
There are PIS stories but that doesn't mean that there is not a power scaling... Magneto is an Omega Level Mutant due to his Magnetism. No way he is City level... Maybe he can scale to his daughter Lorna. I don't remember Polaris feats though... They have the same power but Magneto is superior.

There are PIS stories but that doesn't mean that there is not a power scaling... Magneto is an Omega Level Mutant due to his Magnetism. No way he is City level... Maybe he can scale to his daughter Lorna. I don't remember Polaris feats though... They have the same power but Magneto is superior.
Mate you do know hax exist, and LS exists.

Tiering isn't the only way someone can show power, hell ask anyone Vs. Debating, raw strength is the WORST method to be stronger than anyone else.

This is just... really poor logic going on right now, Magneto currently has LS enough to literally crush 3-Cs, and you're STILL complaining about what... ******* joules?

Mate you do know hax exist, and LS exists.

Tiering isn't the only way someone can show power, hell ask anyone Vs. Debating, raw strength is the WORST method to be stronger than anyone else.

This is just... really poor logic going on right now, Magneto currently has LS enough to literally crush 3-Cs, and you're STILL complaining about what... ******* joules?
Mate I do know the existance of hax. I would rather see Magneto in Unknown and not as 7B though...

uh, if you hurt a 3-C by crushing them, that's 3-C AP. do you think LS is just some dura-ignoring hax? it's just pressure

uh, if you hurt a 3-C by crushing them, that's 3-C AP. do you think LS is just some dura-ignoring hax? it's just pressure
We consider LS is required to counteract LS in most relevant scenarios like limbs and whatnot :V

It's not duranegging magic but the way we treat it... it honestly may as well be (I admittedly never liked this LS-Tier distinction)

Also like, in general Magneto does like, duraneg stuff with is powers too, where they can be reliant on molecular bonds and whatnot
Mate I do know the existance of hax. I would rather see Magneto in Unknown and not as 7B though...
Your arbitrary standards on what goes on profiles while ignoring context of his attacks, is not something the wiki should go by >:V

smhsmhsmhsmh

Ok but like, if he crushes someone with the LS, and they are hurt by it and it's not duraneg bs, that's just the pressure he's applying being superior to their durability. it's an AP feat. I don't think anyone's gonna disagree with that. Like if they're just ragdolled but not visibly hurt, then yeah it's just LS and not AP, but I doubt that's always the case

Ok but like, if he crushes someone with the LS, and they are hurt by it and it's not duraneg bs, that's just the pressure he's applying being superior to their durability. it's an AP feat. I don't think anyone's gonna disagree with that. Like if they're just ragdolled but not visibly hurt, then yeah it's just LS and not AP, but I doubt that's always the case
'V("/)V' again I've straight up seen arguments in vs. debates often enough that Durability is considered of the body whole, and LS applied would be able to seep through individual points, thus you actually require counter LS-pressure, as proven by your own feats, to fight against it.

Interaction is vague because wiki doesn't consider alot of factors in LS-Durability interactions

Uhh I mean we use TK for AP if there's GPE I believe so its not always non applicable hax
I also believe the movie Magneto pages uses his magnetism as AP
...I think you're getting it wrong, GPE is LS, KE is AP, we need KE counteraction feats

GPE feats I don't think would yield higher than tier 8
Oof that's unnecessary
If people are putting unnecessary standards based on face value bias, they get unnecessary responses :/

...no? I thought unless it's instantaneous LS it wouldn't be counted? And GPE doesn't consider time as a factor

it has to be a continuous, fairly fast movement yes. GPE can be used when that's the case but time would have to be estimated

If you're considering time intervals wouldn't using GPE be downplaying the feat as opposed to using KE tho :v

If we're going with lifting strength I'm pretty sure he restrained Hercules once in the Silver or Bronze Age.

So why use GPE as opposed to KE in the first place? It just sounds like needless downplay.

So why use GPE as opposed to KE in the first place? It just sounds like needless downplay.
because any timeframe you pick for a comic is arbitrary. also it can be used for relatively slow lifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back