• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Surprisingly Achilles might take this. He's much stronger by the looks of it, with Yanagi barely making baseline 9-A and Achilles being 9-A+. Skill wise the two are comparable in H2H and with weapons.

Yanagi does posses many hax abilities however that can make up for the power gap, just not sure how effective they will be. How good is Achilles's pain tolerance and resistance to poison? Bc if it's only minor Poison hand and Benda Whip combo will be gg. But if it's heavy tolerance and resistance Yanagi is likely ******.

Achilles' pain tolerance is pretty much shrugging off gunshots and breaking limbs, like other assassins. Resistance to poison should be like the one he uses, that can kill a guy iirc.

So it sounds like in order of best win conditions for Yanagi would be

Vacuum Palm (as long as Yanagi starts with it, Achilles might do what Baki did and carefully pay attention)

Poison Hand (This poison scales to being able to melt people's bodies after being infected)

and then Benda (it should still be a viable means of winning, just not as viable as the others)

Based on what Spooky said I'd say poison hand isn't going to kill right away. He'd likely be able to resist its effects for a while unless the poison is used on an area like the eyes, in which case he would go blind like Doyle.

Benda should still work fine though and that's an issue. Achilles will be in massive amounts of pain due to Benda and will likely find himself wide open to either vacuum palm or being impaled by one of Yanagi's bladed weapons. I'm gonna vote Yanagi mid diff.

Yanagi scales to being vastly below Spec who generated 0.021 tons. Although I personally think the arguments to have him at 9-B+ are also very good.

Either way Achilles can likely one shot or two shot if he lands a direct hit which will be very hard.

Also to clarify about the two combatants, since Yanagi technically has a way to one-shot, Achilles has all of his SBE, but Yanagi does not have his Optimal Equipment

Amlad22 said:
Oh so Yanagi is weaponless? That hurts his chances.
Definitely, but with Poison at the very least eating away at Achilles, Benda affecting him decently, and VP still oneshotting, Yanagi with weapons is a bit much

SpookyShadow said:
I mean, there's around 50x difference in AP...
Right, but everything Yanagi has bypasses durability, and he has a oneshot with VP, so I'm trying to give Achilles as many advantages as possible

Yanagi has crazy good stamina so he might even survive a hit or two. Either way it's still a battle of hax vs power since the two are roughly equal skill.

Achilles is 243.58 kg of TNT tho

Also his resistances scale to Shay, who can manage to remain in an entire building filled with poisonous gases before kicking the bucket. Combined with Achilles's higher intelligence and aptitude for tactics and combat, I'd say that Achilles should take it combined with Amlad's reasoning.

And yes, stamina is meaningless if your body can't withstand the blow.

KLOL506 said:
Achilles is 243.58 kg of TNT tho
Also his resistances scale to Shay, who can manage to remain in an entire building filled with poisonous gases before kicking the bucket. Combined with Achilles's higher intelligence and aptitude for tactics and combat, I'd say that Achilles should take it combined with Amlad's reasoning.

And yes, stamina is meaningless if your body can't withstand the blow.
Just remember that this poison is potent enough to melt a man down passed bone in mere moments, as well as Benda bypassing durability. If he listens to Yanagi's shpeel about Vacuum Palm, he's oneshot

Noted, but I'm fairly certain Achilles wouldn't be dumb enough to fall for that and would be able to keep his distance all the same.

KLOL506 said:
Noted, but I'm fairly certain Achilles wouldn't be dumb enough to fall for that and would be able to keep his distance all the same.
Yeah, the VP thing is a bit of a long shot unless he didn't realize Yanagi was an enemy, but under SBA, they are aware of the fact, so moot point I guess.

It really comes down to Benda and Poison, Benda being much more viable than Poison, as Achilles has solid resistance but only "shrugging off bullets and broken bones" for pain tolerance

I also think vacuum palm wouldn't work straight out. However it could work if Benda is used first as a set up. Achilles's pain tolerance isn't on the level to tank Benda either so he has no real counter to it. Getting close would essentially be a death sentence for Achilles.

Amlad22 said:
I also think vacuum palm wouldn't work straight out. However it could work if Benda is used first as a set up. Achilles's pain tolerance isn't on the level to tank Benda either so he has no real counter to it. Getting close would essentially be a death sentence for Achilles.
That's what I'm thinking as well, but there is the ranged game Achilles could play. I'm not sure what he leads with IC

More often than not he'll go with guns blazing first. He usually goes for his blades as a last resort.

Yanagi can very likely dodge the bullets so it's not like guns are an instant win. His skill and experience will make aim dodging relativity easy. Achilles will run out of ammo eventually.

Also unless he's hit in a vital area like an organ, Yanagi will be able to keep fighting and moving at top speed. Motobe threw a katana into his leg and smashed a piece of his jaw off and it didn't stop Yanagi besides the initial shock. Still I'd say the odds of a shot landing is low.

True, he was even still able to continue fighting after the monsterous ass-whooping he received from Baki, with at least 25% of said ass-whopping had Yanagi crying from pain

Benda Whip would for sure do a lot. Baki people already scale to ridiculous pain tolerance feats and the thing is still crazy effective against most of them.

But considering the AP, even a graze is gonna inflict lethal damage... Am tempted to side for Achilles right now.

Back