• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Amazing Spider-Man: Speed Upgrade Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
A thread was made to remove Electro's lightning, and the justification is that Electro doesn't have the Attack Potency of a real lightning. Well, this is really dumb, since that's a really dumb criteria the page has. I don't want to antagonize anyone, but I don't think Spino really watched the movie. The Lightning Feats page has way more criteria than just attack potency, and who the hell judge if this is electricity or not by ******* attack potency?

"having an (electro)magnetic field" It does, and actually, since Peter's web shooters were destroyed in the first fight by the lightning, Gwen had the idea of use magnetism to avoid this, and it also protected Peter from the electricity.

"flowing through conducting materials" It does, water and metal is affected by his lightning. And Peter's web also.

"being shown to actually move with a speed similar to lightning" I don't know how the page expect us to prove this, since that's what we are trying to prove by other stuff, but Electro's lightning actually does move like real lightning, for us they are "instantaneous", just like real lightning. Even in slow motion scenes, his lightning is fast. See here for more.

"making muscles of affected beings contract" I don't know if that's the case, but Peter couldn't move when Electro used his lightning, not even his figers properly.

"the character being able to manipulate real electricity or electromagnetism in general" Wow no shit I didn't know Electro could use New York's electricity to power up, and also a ******* electric power plant that Max himself created. And the only reason Peter fought him was that Electro was absorbing Times Square energy. And also the entire New York energy in the end. Electro can also turn into lightning, like in the video I linked and when him and Harry invaded the Oscorp building.

Hell the point of the character is to use real lightning and electricity, and everything they used to downgrade this was just attack potency? Nah lol, he has more feats and the lack of AP isn't the reason to downgrade his lightning. Even if you want to say something about AP, I don't think lightning can do half of what Electro's lightning did here.

Last edited:
Agreed, the AP criteria should be removed, is just dumb and not a hard on rule, especially on fiction when damage tends to vary for the plot

The speed criteria could be reworded to something like "shown to have high speeds/instantaneous and humans"

Completely agree with you about the criteria. The AP one is dumb and the speed one should be reworded like you did.

Agree, the AP rule is kinda dumb as shit tbh, instead of hyper focusing AP, why not just like, see if it's actual electricity/lightning based on showings and context?

Oh damn that was all simply to AP that's so dumb I agree with this wholly

Mostly Electro’s AP is weird
Yep it's unknown but even then it should have some manner of dura neg or paralysis from the way it affects Peter's body in the film that's derailing though so I'll save it for later

I agree, this is pretty straightforward. I agree about the criteria being wonky as well.

A thread was made to remove Electro's lightning, and the justification is that Electro doesn't have the Attack Potency of a real lightning.
Was this a genuine reason given? That seems rather ridiculous, what if the fiction was operating in tiers above that? Would that not too be unrealistic for lightning because now it is too strong?

I wouldn't accept this as a reason to validate or invalidate a lightning feat, this seems like a strange standard to have in place. I'm not sure how many others would agree with me on that.

I don't have much else to say on the matter as I haven't watched the movie, but I'll wait until more people chime in.

I remember DT saying here that if the lightning bolt is big enough and causes tremendous damage it should be okay to assume it to be real lightning and to be MHS+.

I also remember there being a thread concluding that reaching a certain voltage should also be enough to grant MHS+ lightning properties.

We need a different thread to remove that from the requirements?

I’m all for it
Honestly instead of it being outright required for something to be considered lightning, it should just be one of the conditions one can use to make a lightning bolt legit. Making our lightning requirements strict for dumb reasons like this really doesn't help.

Last edited:
I get ignoring the AP if its beyond what they've shown to do so it causes inconsistent showings, but the speed being MHS+ should be okay-ish. Though electricity and lightning aren't necessarily the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back