• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The 9 "Based on the OBD" terms pages?

A lot of these pages don't seem needed in the first place (We don't particularly need pages on Big Crunch / Big Bang / etc, for example, and especially the Eternal Black Hole page, given that it is an obscure power not linked to by any page but the Black hole page).

The black hole page is relevant and should be rewritten, though. (Or combined with the Black hole feats page.)

Okay. Does anybody else have input to offer about this?

Well, the Big Rip has few appearances in media, I don't particularly see a reason to make an entire page to simply discuss the unit foe and as Promestein said the Eternal Black Hole is rarely used or depicted in fiction, nor do I think they really have any basis in reality.

However, considering Big Bang feats can widely vary in tiering, and the other pages are rather prominent in fiction I don't see why they shouldn't be rewritten.

Yes. Maybe a brief explanation of the unit foe could be moved to the bottom of the attack potency page instead?

Actually there's already a brief description, as well as our very own estimated mass-energy of the Universe. I think adding more information would be unnecessary.

Okay. Then I suppose that the page is likely unnecessary.

I would appreciate if somebody could make a list of which of the OBD-citing pages that should be kept, and rewritten, and which ones that are unnecessary, and should be deleted?

I think that we should probably keep Gravitational Binding Energy, as it is a common term for calculations.

FTL and Antimatter as well.

Probably a better idea.

To be rewritte
Big Bang (Widely varying in tier based on feat)

Antimatter (Prominent in fiction)

Big Crunch (Possibly. Scientific phenomenon that can appear in media, such as Marvel and the Beyonder.)

Gravitational Binding Energy (Important. Already linked in the Calculations page)

To be removed
Foe (Redundant, excessive information)

Eternal Black Hole (Hardly used)

Black Hole

FTL (Possibly redundant due to Speed and Calculation pages)

Big Rip (Scientific phenomenon hardly used in fiction)

This is just my opinion formed when going through our various articles. The staff can either agree or disagree with the suggestions made.

Edit: Moved Black Hole to be removed as we already have this.

Well, I agree with TheMightyRegulator that Foe, Eternal Black Hole, and Big Rip seem unnecessary.

I am uncertain about FTL however. It is a common term, and may be useful for people who just want a quick explanation without reading the Kinetic Energy feats page.

A brief explanation of Big Crunch can probably be moved to the Big Bang page, as Promestein suggests..

Nah. A brief explanation about what defines a black hole, is probably useful for casual visitors. We can keep a link to the feats page at the bottom for further reading instead.

However, since the page quotes Wikipedia, we probably do not need to give credit to the OBD for it.

So, we all seem to agree that Big Rip, Foe, and Eternal Black Hole should be removed.

Promestein also thinks that we should move a Big Crunch explanation to the Big Bang page. I am uncertain, given that, and TheMightyRegulator said, it does pop up every now and then, and in addition it would be harder to find the information that way.

We could just make Big Crunch redirect to Big Bang

That might work, yes.

I also noticed that only the beginning of the black hole page quotes Wikipedia, so unless somebody rewrites it properly, I suppose that it will have to continue giving credit to the OBD.

Just leaving this here.

Looking at the list Prom and TMR said and what's been discussed so far, i believe that things what the Big Rip, Foe, and EBH should be removed. It's pretty obvious enough at this point for anybody to know how powerful a Foe is. As for the Eternal Black Hold and Big Rip, they should be removed. The former because i've never heard, read, or seen it be talked about let alone be done in practice in fiction. Same as the latter.

Big Crunch could stay and maybe at least get redirected to the BB page as Prom suggested earlier.

Ones that should stay and be rewritten as what TMR put above earlier, definitely agree.

FTL should also stay since people may want an explanation that's easy to read w/o having to read the KE feats page as Antvasima noted.

I for one appreciate the foe page. I didn't even know what it was before looking at the obd's page (didn't know we had a page) and the definition on the attack potency isn't helpful enough. It just states that it's equal to 10^44 joules, and not even the fact that it's an acronym. I know there's a link to Wikipedia, but it saves more time to have an article on it.

Hmm. I suppose we can keep the Foe page. Then again, it makes sense that others may not know what it is nor know how much power it contains by our scale...

Okay. We can keep the foe page then.

Is it okay to remove Big Rip and Eternal Black Hole?

Yeah. I'm fine with those leaving. Never really liked the Big Rip page to begin with. Though in that case we should probably take the big rip line out of the Big Crunch page.

Yes, as well as the links leading to it.

Okay. I have fixed it. I also noticed that I seem to have rewritten at least some of these pages previously, to avoid plagiarism.

I checked it up and Antimatter, Foe, FTL, and Black Hole probably need to be rewritten, in order to be able to remove the "based on the OBD" tags.

However, it depends on whether or not you think that they are a problem? It is also important that the quality of the pages is not worsened by a revision.

I attempted to rewrite FTL

It could probably be better, but, given that I elaborated on important things not covered in the previous page, I don't think it's any worse.

I modified the page a bit further.

Well, I personally do not care much for the FOE article (it is just another unit of measure), but I feel like antimatter needs to be rewritten, FTL could use some different splits/links to other page (kinetic energy feats for one, possibly light/beam feats for another) and black hole perhaps combined into one superarticle with "black hole feats in fiction."

Well, I am uncertain about combining the "black hole" and "black hole feats in fiction" articles, but feel very free to modify the FTL and Antimatter articles.

I am uncertain about combining the "black hole" and "black hole feats in fiction" articles

I think that we shouldn't combine those articles.

Yes. It is probably better to keep them separate. It is easier for visitors to understand.

Back