• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The 5 Kage (Naruto) vs The Crystal Gems (Steven Universe)

No, Lorenzo. It's not as easy as using another lightning technique and countering it. And the only one that has shown lightning techniques is the Raikage.

..Should Gaara be able to resist it? Chidori specifically was able to puncture through his strongest defensive barrier in Part 1, because of the weird way that lightning works against earth in Naruto.

Unless it's used somehow similar, I don't see why not. The point of Chidori is turning your hand into a spear because of that penetrating/vibrating whatever hijinks that pretty much makes Sasuke's arm plunge into his shield like it was soft dough.

Wait, you're right. Gaara was later able to block Raikage's Lightning Armor-amp'd chop against Sasuke when he stepped in during the Five Kage Summit.

WeeklyBattles said:
Doing so also requires requires a lot of chakra that she can't afford to waste here
Not really. Summoning it isn't that difficult for her, giving it enough chakra to heal hundreds is.

So, I'm sure this is gonna sound pretty ridiculous to anyone who has, like, nigh-eidetic memory of both of these verses, but I just had a thought.

Steven practically lives on the beach, right? The kid is also constantly wearing flip-flops. Couldn't Gaara bypass Steven's bubble by, say, using the sand stuck to Steven's own feet to form a solid chunk in his throat, blocking off his airways and killing him? Or at the very least, manipulating the grains to wreak havoc in his lungs? Given Gaara's usual offensive methods with sand, Gaara's intelligence, Steven's lack of Gem Physiology, and the circumstances of Steven's barrier, this would be a perfectly viable move for him.

A Stoned Orc said:
So, I'm sure this is gonna sound pretty ridiculous to anyone who has, like, nigh-eidetic memory of both of these verses, but I just had a thought.
Steven practically lives on the beach, right? The kid is also constantly wearing flip-flops. Couldn't Gaara bypass Steven's bubble by, say, using the sand stuck to Steven's own feet to form a solid chunk in his throat, blocking off his airways and killing him? Or at the very least, manipulating the grains to wreak havoc in his lungs? Given Gaara's usual offensive methods with sand, Gaara's intelligence, Steven's lack of Gem Physiology, and the circumstances of Steven's barrier, this would be a perfectly viable move for him.
Steven also has a bubble helmet that he could use to protect his head from that happenning so, I'd say unlikely.

WeeklyBattles said:
Theyre in a neutral so no
I'd say it doesn't matter if they're in a neutral location or not. The kid lives on the beach, he only wears flip-flops and jeans with rolled-up hems around the ankles. Different locale or not, the dude is going to have sand on him--between his toes, in his jeans, under his feet. That shit gets everywhere, and it sticks.

...Have you guys never walked around on a beach before? Or spent any time near a coast whatsoever? Whether the animation shows it or not, sand sticks to people. He's not going to be covered in it, no, but it wouldn't take much to create a serious blockage in the airways, or just otherwise do awful things to a set of human lungs.

Even then, would Gaara even be able to SEE the sand on Steven, Steven's bubble is kinda opaque, (It's a darker pink on the outside and a lighter pink on the insiide) so Gaara might not even know that there's sand on him.

It's definitely not in-character, and I agree that Gaara probably wouldn't be able to see the sand himself, but in theory, it'd work, wouldn't it?

In theory sure, but just due to how unlikely it'd be it can't be said for sure that it'd happen, so I don't think it can be considered a viable option.

Pretty sure Gaara can sense sand, that and Gaara very much uses sand in a way like that (Not the choke or such, but he does use sand on his enemies), he plain made some of it go into Madara's bloodflow, he simply "lel hashirama cells"-d it.

Mind ysou, the gems win, but pretty sure steven would die.

Actually, interesting point, if they did kill Steven, would that be considered bloodlusting them since they just killed the person they're supposed to protect? Like just seeing him get hurt usually sends them into a rage so who knows what they'll do if they kill him.

I really dont think its fair to assume that Steven has sand on him here just because he lives on a beach in his verse

Worse comes to worse Steven realizes someone is attacking his lungs (Seeing as he can go without oxygen longer than a normal human) and knee-jerk fuses with Amethyst so he no longer needs oxygen

Pretty sure that Gaara would just forcefully throw his insides around, as well as his body, like with Madara. Doubt he would know his insides are being attacked at all.

As for the sand on him, you cannot live near a beach without you breathing as much sand as oxygen, let alone not having it on you.

Most sand particles when inhaled are immediately expelled by sneezing or coughing though. And it can even sometimes not go down your airways, but rather move to your digestive system and be expelled out that way. Even then, there's some tiny cells present in your lungs called phagocytes, they attack & destroy unwanted particles. If he had a dangerous amount of sand in his lungs, he would have serious respiratory problems, which he doesn't have.

I mean, provided Steven isn't sucked out of his verse for this match post-shower and/or before stepping outside at all, I don't see why that wouldn't be a fair assumption.

I dunno, man, I just made the connection between the two and wanted to see where it went. A lot of conflicts can be changed entirely by little realistic details like "Steven lives on a beach, and rarely, if ever, wears enclosed shoes, and is thus extremely likely to have trace amounts of sand on his feet/on his clothing".

He also has his clothes, and sand being in those close is realistically the norm.

Doesn't really change anything regardless.

With how small sand particles are if anything he'd just rip the sand out of his body and get on with it, ironically causing way less damage than if he could TK him. Steven definitely will have sand on him due to living on a beach, but I don't think he's ingesting it to a degree where Gaara can like pop his brain or something.

BTW more people gotta start voting so we can finish this up, P sure I'm the only one who's actually voted so far. (At least that's been counted.)

Wokistan said:
With how small sand particles are if anything he'd just rip the sand out of his body and get on with it, ironically causing way less damage than if he could TK him. Steven definitely will have sand on him due to living on a beach, but I don't think he's ingesting it to a degree where Gaara can like pop his brain or something.
I mean, he could somehow throw Madara around with a few sand particles the size of his red cells, it's... very scienmtifically acurate.

Yeah but due to surface area that sand would tear through his insides as opposed to letting him throw steven by it. A lot of force on a tiny object just penetrates stuff.

That is definitely not good for steven, but he can't just ragdoll him.

Come to think of it, I think part of the "ragdolling Madara" feat of Gaara's was that he was also using his Magnet Release on the iron in Madara's blood, in addition to the sand particles.

Back