• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The 5 Kage (Naruto) vs The Crystal Gems (Steven Universe)

Pepper14832 said:
None of that proves she was holding back. This just proves Jasper is superior to Amethyst because she came out "right" and Amethyst didn't.

Also, Jinton bypasses Steven's shield because it ignores durability and is matter manipulation.
If Jasper wasn't holding back, she wouldn't stand there taunting her. We saw her fighting seriously against Garnet. This is basic sense.

No one "holding back" attacks their target multiple times with a Spin Dash without giving said target a chance to counter. This is basic sense.

The Wright Way said:
Pepper14832 said:
No one "holding back" attacks their target multiple times with a Spin Dash without giving said target a chance to counter. This is basic sense.
Unless they're sadistic. Like Jasper.
She has a superiority complex, that's about it. She was rubbing it in by beating her relentlessly and going on like "See? You were suppose to be like me, but you aren't. You're trash, and anyone who says otherwise has low standards"

This doesn't prove she was holding back. She was quickly dispatching Amethyst because she wanted to fight Rose.

Her sadism is a part of her superiority complex. She was prolonging the fight to bash in the fact that she's better.

Also, unless Jasper is more durable than she is strong, she should be able to one-shot someone who can't hurt her. That's usually how these things work.

lol im reading the new young jutsice chapter that just came out, and there's this chick called amethyst, and her people are all crystals hahaha coincidence? i think not.

this is brand new, and i thought, just like u did, that it was a sort of reference, but they are actually all aliens called the gem people or some such

I really hope it's not being implied that Steven's shield may be able to withstand and shrug off something like Dust Release because "hardlight". That's something to be raised in an actual thread and not just decided all of a sudden here.

Explain to me why it wouldn't, unless we out to start giving anything we can't outright call "normal matter" Matter Manip resistance.

I am sure Madara's Susanoo is made of normal matter.

Are you telling me now something made out of pure chakra has molecules? Not like, a water clone that is chakra turned into water. Actual pure chakra.

...I think the Edo Tensei 4 Kage (5 Kage if you wanna toss in one of the Edo Hokage, like Minato or Tobirama) would be a lot more useful here, actually.

That said, I'm confused as to how the Raikage's attacks won't do anything to Garnet or the other Gems? He only uses the lightning to amp his speed and strength, he rarely uses pure lightning as an offensive weapon.

@Stoned Because Garnet is completely lightning-proof and Bismuth is likely the same, though it would work on the other three

Being lightning proof doesn't matter when the only thing that changes is that they aren't getting electrocuted by a punch. The AP amp doesn't go away, neither his ability to damage them.

I'd also like to pont out that before the fight even starts Garnet would know all the possible ways the fight could go down and could thus develop a stategy to lead to them winning. And since Steven can connect with them through the mindscape they can all learn of this plan without saying a word.

All body gems (but the gemstone) and its constructs are made of photons, conventional matter manipulation wouldn't work (unless I'm missing something), but by controling wavefrom, photons and electromagnetism its physically efficient agaisnt them.

Okay, sure--but again, most of the Raikage's moveset involves converting the power of his lightning chakra into kinetic energy via his limbs. The fact that the lightning also shocks/burns his foes is just a bonus.

CinnabarManx421 said:
I'd also like to pont out that before the fight even starts Garnet would know all the possible ways the fight could go down and could thus develop a stategy to lead to them winning. And since Steven can connect with them through the mindscape they can all learn of this plan without saying a word.
How would she do this when she doesn't know their abilities? Are you claiming she knows the abilities of her unknown enemies before they meet?

@Pepper I think Orc meant more, use the 4 Edo Hokage rather than the 5 Kage.

@Anto Shouldn't we grant them, or at least Steven's shield, some sort of molecular manipulation resistance via shields or something? Because the idea here is that Dust Release won't be able to do anything.

She can see into every possible future, so she can learn of their abilities this way. Like say, if she saw a future of them using that lightning or whatever, she would be made aware that they can do that and relay it to the team.

CinnabarManx421 said:
She can see into every possible future, so she can learn of their abilities this way. Like say, if she saw a future of them using that lightning or whatever, she would be made aware that they can do that and relay it to the team.
When has she ever done this?

If this was the case she should have known Jasper had a Gem Destablizier and dodged it during their first encounter.

When has she ever done this?

If this was the case she should have known Jasper had a Gem Destablizier and dodged it during their first encounter.

I second this. Future vision is a boon, but it's not that big of a boon.

The Wright Way said:
Also, here's my take on skill. Most gem soldiers can have anywhere from thousands of years of experience to just a few days worth. Even a fodder Ruby could've potentially conquered a few planets. And Crystal Gems tear through them by the thousands. Bismuth even comments on how normal it is for them to be hideously outnumbered. They've be fighting people who are comparable to them in AP and likely have thousands of years of experience under their belt and have been demolishing them by the hundreds. They single handedly fought of the combined armies of Yellow and Blue Diamond, who themselves have conquered so many planets and led so many invasions that they consider it a dull office chore at this point. That's what we have skill wise.
I agree with most of this except for the bolded part. I'm not disagreeing with that being what happened in canon, but I'm disagreeing with the notion that Yellow and Blue's armies fought other species comparable to the Gems. Like I've said before, the one example of the Gems meeting an alien race shown on screen and in detail is the humans. Now, even a single Ruby could solo the Earth in SU. (ignoring the nonhumans/superpowered peeps there because of the crystal gems) I don't see why the assumption is that they had to conquer people and planets with armies that were comparable to their armies. Seeing it as a chore just makes it more evidence for the armies just stomping through the universe.

If conventional matter manipulation not working on their bodies and constructs due to being formed of photons is the reason, that explanation was honestly confusing. The emphasis on mentioning instantly renegerating them felt like that was the reason, hence "partial resistance".

Gems are as resistent to matter manipulation as light or photons are, I'm not a physic but that depends of how the matter manipulation works.

Also gems aren't electricity-proof, Centipeed was electrocuted in the first episode, but due it physiology is not weird that they could turn themself electricity-proof.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Pepper Every day for several thousand years
What you and CinnabarManx421 are describing is not the kind of Precognition Garnet has ever displayed.

She can see into the future and certain possibilities yes.

But she cannot see into the future of how an enemy will attack them and all their abilities on their first encounter.

Otherwise, they should have defeated Peridot the first time despite her abilities to ward off Amythest and Pearl.

No Anto, I understood what you mean. I just meant the way it was described in the Gem Biology page, and admittedly could have been my fault because I am a big idiot, argued more for the bodies being projections that can be instantly regenerated and less photon constructs that are not gonna be affected by normal molecular destruction, which is what Dust Style is in this case.

"Acid Manipulation: Due to their physical forms being artificial projections, they are capable of regenerating any damage caused by acid. However, their gemstones are unable to regenerate and would likely be heavily damaged or destroyed should they come in contact with acid."

For the resistance to acid manip, it sounds more like their physical bodies would just grow back after the damage is done, not that the acid doesn't work on them.

Back