• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The 5 Kage (Naruto) vs The Crystal Gems (Steven Universe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFW-2q6_dlc At around 1:54 Garnet uses her FV to anticipate Strike's next move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAO3w3Go3l0 Garnet detects Lapis's plan and helps her accomplish it by distacting Blu Diamond.

Also, for your Jasper argument, Garnet doesn't always use her FV mid fight, but she definetly would here considering that these aren't normal opponents for them and would want to learn what they can do.

DragonEmperor23 said:
"Acid Manipulation: Due to their physical forms being artificial projections, they are capable of regenerating any damage caused by acid. However, their gemstones are unable to regenerate and would likely be heavily damaged or destroyed should they come in contact with acid."
For the resistance to acid manip, it sounds more like their physical bodies would just grow back after the damage is done, not that the acid doesn't work on them.
But Mei's jutsu would damage the gem the moment they get poofed.

CinnabarManx421 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFW-2q6_dlc At around 1:54 Garnet uses her FV to anticipate Strike's next move.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAO3w3Go3l0 Garnet detects Lapis's plan and helps her accomplish it by distacting Blu Diamond.

Also, for your Jasper argument, Garnet doesn't always use her FV mid fight, but she definetly would here considering that these aren't normal opponents for them and would want to learn what they can do.
I disagree. Garnet has good precognition, but you're making her out to be Nigh-Omniscient.

There's no way Garnet knows all their abilities and Jutsu and a way to counter it before they ever met. They're not even from the same universe. Does Garnet also know the Sexy Transformation Jutsu too?

Technically yes, she does, seeing as Gems can change their body biologically and Gems like Amethyst regularly take on an opposite gender/masculine shape on a whim

Pepper14832 said:
I disagree. Garnet has good precognition, but you're making her out to be Nigh-Omniscient.

There's no way Garnet knows all their abilities and Jutsu and a way to counter it before they ever met. They're not even from the same universe. Does Garnet also know the Sexy Transformation Jutsu too?
No, she doesn't know, and I'm not saying she's nigh-omnicient. But she can LEARN their abilities through her Future Vision is what I'm saying. If she can see every possible futre, (which she can) then she can see every possible move they could go for before they even know they are going to make it.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Pepper14832 said:

No, she doesn't know, and I'm not saying she's nigh-omnicient. But she can LEARN their abilities through her Future Vision is what I'm saying. If she can see every possible futre, (which she can) then she can see every possible move they could go for before they even know they are going to make it.
But you're saying that before they even met she has a way to counter their moves before the battle begins.

How do you learn their abilities and counter them before encountering them? Garnet has never done this, but you're claiming she has.

Man, 5000 years after the Gem War and she didn't for-see Jasper coming out and using a Gem destabilizer against her during her attack?

But you're saying that before they even met she has a way to counter their moves before the battle begins.

How do you learn their abilities and counter them before encountering them? Garnet has never done this, but you're claiming she has.

Man, 5000 years after the Gem War and she didn't for-see Jasper coming out and using a Gem destabilizer against her during her attack?

Yes, because she can see anything they can do before they do it. But that's just how her precog works.

Again, she doesn't regularly use her precog mid-battle, but that wouldn't stop her from using it before the battle starts. Also, her FV isn't some Godly power, she can forsee up to a maximum the events of an entire day.

Before we get any further off track....does anyone have a vote with their reasoning on who wins?

I have one so far.

Uuuuuhhh... now that I am checking it, why are we somehow forgetting or not accouting for the fact that said future vision seems to need thought and concentration and is not something Garnet can do in the middle of a fight unless nobody is bothering her?

Or the fact she's not just looking over every piece of information.

Garnet's future vision is not good in the middle of a fight.

Sure she can dodge some moves, but she often does get tagged few times. It's not consistent.

I mean, you'd think after fighting the Diamonds that during Diamonds days when she was standing up for Stevenvonie that'd she'd know by now Yellow Diamond is coming to zap zap zap and yet that doesn't happen.

I am starting to consider that if all this is true, someone is gonna need to start scouring the Steven Universe profiles and making alterations. Her Future Sight itself describes that it needs sometime, being shown to take a thinking position to use it, not to mention what Pepper mentions of the inconsistency of it not helping every single time.

She does not and has never needed to 'take a thinking position' and it doesnt take some time, it is instant. Its as easy as seeing to her because that's how it works, she quite literally sees it via her third eye, Sapphire's eye.

Although it is instant. She doesn't see literally everything, even when she has fought someone before.

This thread is about a first encounter battle. You're all saying she can see the future so vividly that she knows what attacks they're going to use, their stradegy on how they're going to do it, or how it even works before the fight begins.

Garnet has several times dodged attacks from enemies with FV. But from 5 enemies with 5 different fighting styles? How she gonna keep up with all that? She's going to be focused on the one fighting her, mainly, and even then she could still get hit

Then, again as in the case of the matter manipulation, check up all those profiles and make any necessary changes because the information there is rather misleading. You can read it for yourself and tell me if I am imagining what I read.

I was looking at a Naruto feat (Specifically, the one where he stops the first gigantic meteor Madara sends down) and Mid and High end calcs it at Small Country Level+

Was this overturned on another thread or...

Ant mentions, seemingly, leaving the things to a general revision being done by Meosos so maybe that was dropped to focus on that?

I don't really know, asking Kep may be better.

I'll likely ask Kep, what Ant was talking about was how the main Naruto verse page looks like. Meosos has no calcs for the things Kep calced....and Meosos has been inactive since 2017...at the time Onoki was at City Level AP according to his revisions.

the gems aren't resistant to lightning though? i feel like they'd have a massive experience advantage but the raikage's lightning could poof them easily

Oh that's right. She saw it with future vision and blocked it.

I was thinking that one time with Peridot.

Well said:
Oh that's right. She saw it with future vision and blocked it.
I was thinking that one time with Peridot.
Well, I guess she can do both. Actually, good point to bring up, do the kage resist electrical attacks, cause Garnet can do that too.

Back