• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The 3-A Triforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even cutscenes fights like OoT and TP Ganondorf?

More precisely, Ganondorf disarming Link and Link being unable to finish Ganondorf in OoT, even after hitting him several times on the face, so he had to be sealed in the ending or both entering bladelocks and clashes in cinematics in their swordfight in TP (Link here even had to strike the wound Ganondorf already had to put Ganondorf had IIRC)

Gonna take a look at SS to see if Ghiraim and Demise do as well, but that's what I mean.

Ah, you mean that. I thought against common enemies ovo.

No, it's just that base Master Sword is High 5-A. Hylia enhanced is High 4-C and the Golden one is 4-B.

TriforcePower1 said:
Ah, you mean that. I thought against common enemies ovo.
No, it's just that base Master Sword is High 5-A. Hylia enhanced is High 4-C and the Golden one is 4-B.
That's not what is on our Master Sword page.

Well, we could wait for further input from Azathoth.

On which part, exactly?

Your general opinion on this. Like the universal statement, the mirror world thing, Dark Realm and Lorule.

Isn't that quote using the actual, normal definition of the word "universal"? Even the quote itself seems to be referring to the Triforce as "a power that can do anything you want" ("A legacy come from the gods, it fulfills all wishes and all desires") as opposed to "something that has the power to destroy the universe".

Well, the simple fact that they say both things separately also implies that they're different. It first states that the TF comes from the Golden Goddesses, and only after that it explains that it can fulfill wishes. If I wanted to say that the universal part refers to the "all wishes", I'd have written it first.

universal - of, affecting, or done by all people or things in the world or in a particular group; applicable to all cases.

This is not "universal" as we think of it from a vs debating perspective.

Is there some greater context in the Japanese text that implies it as having the power to actually destroy/warp the entire universe, or is this just from it being called a "universal power"?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
universal - of, affecting, or done by all people or things in the world or in a particular group; applicable to all cases.

This is not "universal" as we think of it from a vs debating perspective.

Is there some greater context in the Japanese text that implies it as having the power to actually destroy/warp the entire universe, or is this just from it being called a "universal power"?
I don't know. I found this offsite, and I asked Shiro (a Japanese speaking user) and he told me the translation was fine and that "Universal" here could mean it in the 3-A sense. You can ask him directly if you want.

About the other things, what is your opinion?

Uchuu can just mean "cosmic" as well. The Buddhas from Nasuverse are said to have "universal scale and power" in some translations, but that just mean that they are cosmic beings not bound to a single planet, and astronomically large.

It either means comsic and/or universal and it kinds of support alot of things that we already stated like the size of several dimensions in the loz universe, but light world and dark world are universal and they have the feats and we also have actual lines that proves it so technically speaking we actually can make the TF 3-A, at this point we have to chose between cosmic (4-B/4-A maybe vaati's feat) or universal (3-A) anything lower then these would be an obvious low-ball.

Considering how in circles these threads get, I'm going to have to be neutral. But there are things people get confused. Hyrule is more than just a country; it's a super large country that was calc'd at Low 5-B sized at bare minimum. Termina, Lorule, ect are legit parallel worlds; and the Sacred Realm at bare minimum is an AU in with the planet being the center of the Sacred Realm; At least 4-B. I'm a bit neutral regarding 3-A or Low 2-C, but speaking of the Goddesses.

It is true that they initially only created one timeline; and it was like traveling through time that created the other two timelines through chain reactions. However, Hyrule Historia confirmed that the three timelines merged together in Breath of the Wild. The question is who merged the three timelines though; because merging three universes into one does sound like it could be a 2-C feat however.

"It's a super large country that was calc'd at Low 5-B sized at bare minimum"

Yo what? I'm aware of the calcs and statements that put Hyrule at continental size, but I've never heard of a calc that makes it small planet sized. I have a hard time believing just the country is that big.

"Hyrule Historia confirmed that the three timelines merged together in Breath of the Wild"

uh...Hyrule Historia was released years before Breath of the Wild was even announced. The only official info we have on the timeline regarding this is the japanese Zelda website saying that Breath of the Wild happens at the end of every timeline, but nothing about all the timelines merging together.

Someone did some pixel scaling in Breath of the Wild; biggest portrayal of Hyrule. And I meant the Zelda Encyclopedia. Got the two mixed up, but it was mentioned on another thread iirc.

Golden Goddesses should just be 2-C via creating the Hyrule Warriors dimension, as it's constantly stated by Aonuma to happen in a separate dimension, but he never stated it was non-canon iirc.

About this thread, I'm still waiting for that translation about Deku Tree's statement. There's a very big chance of it being universal.

Damn, I'm playing Hyrule Warriors these days. Word on the street is there might even be Multiversal feats for them, I'm gonna go see for myself tho.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Someone did some pixel scaling in Breath of the Wild; biggest portrayal of Hyrule. And I meant the Zelda Encyclopedia. Got the two mixed up, but it was mentioned on another thread iirc.
My curiosity has been peaked, I've seen calcs that place Hyrules size in Breath of the Wild to be around the size of Manhattan, but I'm really interested in what you're talking about. Do you remember where you saw the calc?

Also, I don't think the Encloypedia even has anything about Breath of the Wild in it.

Not to be a bother, but I think we should be careful not to sidetrack on this thread. The core discussion at hand is very simple; it's just a matter of who finds it credible and who doesn't. I think we've narrowed it down to just whether Triforce-Ganon affected the whole universe of the Dark World and whether we can count the feat as consistent. Let's be sure that everything we bring up is in service of these two matters; even adding shaky supporting evidence that ends up getting dismissed can make even a perfectly fine central claim look weaker for it -- if that's what this is.

@Freeman

Consistency should be fine as long as ALTTP link beating Ganon is considered an outlier

For the actual feat I'd wait for translation from Shiro and the other things Triforce had planned

"ÒüôÒü«Õ¥îÒÇüÒüØÒü«ÒÇÇÞüûõ©ëÞºÆÒéÆ õ©ûÒü«þÉåÒü«ÒÇÇþñÄÒü¿ÒüÖÒéïÒééÒü«Òü¬Òéè" From here, Deku Tree describing the creation of the Zelda verse.

This means: "ÔÇ¿After that, those sacred triangles became the cornerstone for the world's þÉå".

Don't let the use of the word "world" to fool you, as he's using this term as a contrast between the start of the creation when there was no "þÉå" in the "world", AKA tipical primordial chaos from every creation myth ever.

"õ©ûÒü½ÒÇÇþÉåÒü¬ÒüÅÒÇüÕ梵£¬ÒüáÒÇÇÕ¢óÒü¬ÒüòÒüÜ"

"ÔÇ¿When there was no þÉå in the world and life did not yet have form."

So, what does "þÉå" mean? According to this dictionary, it can mean:

1. (n) reason; principle; logic

2. (Buddh) general principle (as opposed to individual concrete phenomenon) ÔåÆRelated words: õ║ï

3. (in neo-Confucianism) the underlying principles of the cosmos

We can already rule out the first meaning, as here we're clearly in a "religious" context, and the other two simply are much more probable given that TF has never been associated with "logic" or "reason". I've asked Shiro what could have it been, and he answered the third. It's also extremely consistent with ALBW.

So, quick recap:

Feat #1: Triforce warps the entire Dark World, a mirror of the Light World.

Feat #2: Triforce sustains the entire Lorule.

Feat #3: Triforce sustains the principles of the "world".

Supporting statement #1: Triforce is described as an universal power.

Supporting statement #2: "Queen Hilda...... My dream is to complete the Triforce and recreate the world as my art. I give you the best art of them all.... At last, I obtained the most beautiful thing in the world and power of God! One last job..... Your..... One last job..... This is the last time that I'll see your face in pain!!!" -Yuga

I think this more than enough to upgrade, am I not right?

I would like to see what the other staff members think.

Also, should we count this as a feat for the full Triforce only, and Link standing up to it with the Master Sword as an outlier?

Antvasima said:
I would like to see what the other staff members think.

Also, should we count this as a feat for the full Triforce only, and Link standing up to it with the Master Sword as an outlier?
I dont know i mean the point in this game was that the master sword wasnt strong enough to go up against ganon so we needed to save all sage get them to powerup our sword like all other zeldas games but this time we had to buff up the master with incredibly rare materials so it would become the golden master sword and the fact the MS was created to negate All types of magics in the zelda verse when its at his best says alot about it but either im with 3-A TF you guys can consider link feats an outlier if you want despite the fact that the master sword at full strenght was made with each pieces of the TF.

Also the fact the base form of the master sword was a weapon that was made by Hylia who has conceptual manip it wouldn't be to surprising for to have done it with how much she helps mortals in the zelda lore plus the fact link can get magic negating items in almost all of his games the MS is just more superior.

We should also put back conceptual manip on TF since now the statement of "it call alter the essence of all things" can now be supported by a 3-A triforce that sustains Space and Time in Loz

I agree with this thread and following. Most of the counterarguments against 3-A Triforce are generally flawed, but I'll respond when the opposition reply to the current stuff now.

Apparently one of the producers of BOTW said that BOTW will never have a place in the timeline. Just thought I'd let this be known here.

The biggest problem for about this that makes those who are against the upgrade is that they're not sold on "Light World" meaning the entire universe as opposed to something like the planet, so any arguments supporting this should focus on proving to them that Light World is being used to refer to the universe as a whole.

Btw my personal thoughts on this are that I'm neutral regarding 3-A Triforce if I haven't already said that or made it clear.

People just seem like they want to argue semantics despite them not even trying to give a logical counter argument about why the TF cant be 3-A each time the 3-A pops up its the same mess over and over again so far we have proved why the TF can be 3-A or at least put possibly in it but nope anything related to loz either ends up being a messy thread or a meme fest with low balling everywhere....it just feels like its draging on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back