• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terrarian vs Khârn the Betrayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
FDrybob said:
Terrarian is immune to being pushed around by enemies due to the passive effect of his Ankh Shield. Also, the shaft of Solar eruption is the business end, so doing so would result in injuring his hands.
This man has been impaled, beaten to a pulp by one of the strongest Primarchs, and had his internal organs torn out. I don't think he minds hurting his hands if he needs to do so to win.

Also going from what was explained on the other Kharn threads, Khorne would negate his resistance as well, one hit from Gorechild and he's done for. Most of Terrarian's ranged options get null, he's less skilled, at some point he'll need to be at close range and then Kharn divides him in half with Gorechild.

Kharn wins this.

@FateAlbane

How so? What would it translate to if that were true?

@Azathoth

Solar eruption causes mini-explosions on contact and is intangible. If its intangibility is negated, then the explosions of 7x higher strength than his own would force his hands off of it.

"7x higher strength tan his own would force his hands off of it."

Angro

^Guy Kharn took an extended beating from and kept talking about how proud he was of his Legion.

Look, this is the guy who was said to nope everything BB and Lavos had, pretty sure Solar eruption won't matter much and would probably get nulled as well.

Sooner or later Kharn gets the one hit he needs and Terrarian is dead.

Khorne doesn't care about "being fair", he just wants Mortal martial Kcombat. Terrarian's best bet isn't any gadget - it's his higher AP. But considering how Kharn has way more experience and skill, can negate his soul resistance and then proceed to one-shot with a soul-eating axe, just do the math.

LoyalservantofInti said:
Not just flight just better movement overall will allow him to dodge his attack.
I feel I should point out that Terarrian can only move in 2-D...

I know that is game mechanics, but it still seems ridiculous to me.

I'm not saying he would reel in pain or anything, just that the force of the explosion physically blasts his hands away. Mental fortitude doesn't change the laws of physics. Also, Terrarian can jump three (or four depending in the accessory) times while in the air. Additionally, he has a his UFO mount, a jetpack, and a hoverboard.

Monarch Laciel said:
LoyalservantofInti said:
Not just flight just better movement overall will allow him to dodge his attack.
I feel I should point out that Terarrian can only move in 2-D...
I know that is game mechanics, but it still seems ridiculous to me.
Game mechanics, by that logic magikarp are 2-B since he can fight Arceus.

@FateAlbane

Kharne beat BB because she relies on hax and had inferior AP; neither apply to Terrarian so this is irrelevant. Also, from what I've seen so far, Kharne DOES care about being fair. According to others, if he thinks he has an overwhelming advantage then sometimes he even nerfs himself!

Did anyone legit check Angron's profile to notice how Kharn took a beating from someone who has a much bigger power gap when compared to him than Terrarian?

7x times stronger won't save Terrarian here. If Kharn dealt with an extended beating from Angron, Terrarian needs an even more extended beating to put him down, whereas Kharn needs one hit from Gorechild to call it a day.

One hit from gorechild while completely out of range with few ways to get close. If it can be proven that Kharne can get past Solar Eruption, then i'll concede.

Really? And what can Terrarian do from that range but watch as all his attacks get nulled by an Hyperdimensional god?

FDrybob said:
One hit from gorechild while completely out of range with few ways to get close. If it can be proven that Kharne can get past Solar Eruption, then i'll concede.
Sure. Is the blessing from this guy good enough for you?

FateAlbane said:
Really? And what can Terrarian do from that range but watch as all his attacks get nulled by an Hyperdimensional god?
Once again for the dozenth time, he cannot get into range when Terrarian can just stay away and use this: 3AB98AD9D-9382-4875-AEAB-F2DDAB05AD84-35463-00001FC52B6D17C3

Those captains could easily be super weak... and if that is the case then upgrade Kharn to 4-B he's not listed as 4-B so that's not really an argument.

LoyalservantofInti said:
Those captains could easily be super weak... and if that is the case then upgrade Kharn to 4-B he's not listed as 4-B so that's not really an argument.
The downplay is real. Angron was compared as inferior only to Horus and Sanguinius which are basically the powerhouses amongst the already OP Primarchs.

FateAlbane said:
LoyalservantofInti said:
The downplay is real. Angron was compared as inferior only to Horus and Sanguinius which are basically the powerhouses amongst the already OP Primarchs.
Then make content revision to are make Kharn 4-B. Kharn is currently listed as only 5-A.

FateAlbane said:
What part of "The Blessing he gained is from Khorne" is that hard to understand?
I do understand it. Solar eruption is a melee weapon, not a ranged attack. It's just an oversized flail-rope dart hiybrid. If something like that is nullified, then Khorne's blessing is far too vague. This is certainly a fair fight, why would he nullify it?

LoyalservantofInti said:
There seems to be misunderstanding on durability, here. Kharn having "At least Large Planet level" durability doesn't mean he dies to anything above that. It means that's the point at which things start hurting and being harmful to him. A single hit from Angron still did absolutely massive damage, but it didn't kill him, because Kharn's stamina and tolerance for punishment is immense.

LoyalservantofInti said:
Then make content revision to are make Kharn 4-B. Kharn is currently listed as only 5-A.
Kharn's durability: At Least Large Planet Level

Angron's AP: At least Large Planet Level...

I don't see where you're taking the CRT thing from. The point is that Kharn withstood a beating from another at least Large Planet Level character who is decisively higher in the spectrum of Large Planet than Terrarian is. That easily means that Kharn can withstand even a prolonged beating from Terrarian while still being in his current tier. This is the simplest of logics.

FDrybob said:
If it's a melee weapon, there isn't anything stopping Kharn from either A. Closing the gap and getting to Terrarian or B. Drag him into range like Laciel already said to rekt him or even hold the weapon while approaching. The guy has thousands of years of fighting experience. He can even distract Terrarian with the pistol. And he needs literally one chance while his opponent needs to him a ton of times.

And don't give me the "But shield avoids pushing back". That's game mechanics. And resistance at best, not immunity.

@FDryBob, you seem to be assuming that Terarrian will use solar flare.

His arsenal here is actually a weak point, seeing as most of it will be negated, and there's no reason to assume he'll use solar flare instead of all the other useless weapons he has, that he won't know to be useless until he's used them.

There's also the fact that Terarrian can also only carry 50 weapons at once, and who are you to assume what weapons he would be using? And if you say that 50 inventory space is just game mechanics, well then I say that Terarrian being able to carry even a quarter of all the stuff he carries is game mechanics.

I assume that he carries his highest tier melee, ranged, and magic gear. Most players usually carry melee armor for its defense and mobility-based accessories for convenience. Not anything magic or ranged soecialized unless they are gearing up for a fight. Solar eruption is pretty much everyone's go-to melee weapon because of its range, intangibility, and damage. I don't see why he wouldn't choose it over his other weapons. He's not stupid; he wouldn't purposefully pick or even carry around a weak weapon. Also, like I said, It's hard to keep your grip on on something that explodes repeatedly in your hands. The force of the blasts would push his hands off.

Also, OP states Terarrian gets the win if he can reliably kill Kharn multiple times.

In other words, Kharn has resurrection here. If Terarrian can even kill him once, which I very much doubt he can, Kharn will pop back up, and now have knowledge of Terarrian's skills, weapons and tactics, and is also at full stamina again, while Terarrian is just getting more and more tired

Terarrian cannot reliably kill Kharn multiple times

@FDryBob That's like assuming the only possible scenario where Terrarian soundly wins this over the ridiculously higher chances Kharn has of winning in all others. And even in this scenario where we put everything in Terrarian's favor, Kharn might actually still win.

Monarch Laciel said:
Also, OP states Terarrian gets the win if he can reliably kill Kharn multiple times.
In other words, Kharn has resurrection here. If Terarrian can even kill him once, which I very much doubt he can, Kharn will pop back up, and now have knowledge of Terarrian's skills, weapons and tactics, and is also at full stamina again, while Terarrian is just getting more and more tired

Terarrian cannot reliably kill Kharn multiple times
More tired? The terrarian doesen't even need rest and can keep healing himself with potions.

They both have basically unlimited stamina, but yeah, I agree this is getting a bit far fetched. I'll switch to inconclusive for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back