• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Koopa's second Stat Equalization Tournament: Round 6 The Terrarian vs Akiha Tohno (6-0-0)

No, it's too long, I'll just take your word for it.
it isn't even that long bro 😭
Fair, I admit that's a good wincon, but the thing is that The Terrarian has multiple ways to win despite being paralyzed or even avoid being paralyzed altogether.
You're a goofball
The Vortex Armor https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Vortex_armor makes The Terrarian invisible for as long as he wants, and Akiha doesn't have good ways to deal with invisibility. So he could just stay invisible and avoid being touched altogether.
would this be done at the start of the match or after getting hit?
The Stardust Armor https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Stardust_armor lets him summon the stardust guardian, a minion that attacks for him, even being able to phase through walls. Even if The Terrarian is paralyzed.
can this one die?
He can also drink the Inferno Potion https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Inferno_Potion which summons a ring of fire around him that incinerates everything it touches, it would set her hair on fire and prevent her hairs from touching him.
assuming that's something that is somewhat close-mid range, Akiha would look at him and his life is drained.
He also has multiple weapons that can incinerate Akiha's hair and leave her bald, such as the Daybreak and Solar eruption which inflict the debuff Daybroken https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Daybroken which inciniterate things with solar rays. He can also just use a good old Flamethrower https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Flamethrower, but the Solar eruption works better.
what are the ranges on these?
He is experienced in dodging Danmaku
yes, but what happens when he gets too close and hair spawns on his body and drains his body heat and life force?
blow up the environment to benefit him
speaking of this
Yes breaking a wall and opening a path Level -1 and all the other ways of exiting level 0 are allowed to happen, though I'd say attacks that just pass through walls shouldn't get sent to Level -1.
what does level 1 look like?
That's neat, but The Terrarian's attacks can straight up phase through walls.
that's what happened in the thing I sent. Akiha was on the floor above and her hair was going through floor, and just kind of moves around the air like blood vessels.

Edit: Adding something very important that I just saw on her profile.
People who can see spiritual objects will see her hair, now red, wrapped up around her victims, slowly draining their life force and burning at their skin.
You need to be able to see spirit/ghost stuff in order to see and interact with her hair.

Last edited:
it isn't even that long bro 😭
Time's valuable, the 20 minutes that I saved by not clicking that video could be spent doing something productive, like grinding on Touhou 19 to unlock more characters.
would this be done at the start of the match or after getting hit?
Well, The Terrarian doesn't have a personality, nor we know how he thinks. He is just a self insert of the player, he wears what the player wants him to wear. But if we go by what Terraria players usually wear in the end game, there's a high chance that he starts by wearing that armor.
The loadouts mechanic makes this even more likely, since with that system he has multiple choices of accessories and armors that he can switch to when the player presses F1, F2 or F3.

But even assuming he doesn't start with that armor, or that they're not in his loadouts (Unlikely since most keep loadouts based on different classes), he could simply grab it out of his inventories and change armors in seconds.
can this one die?
The same thing about summons and sentries can be applied to the Stardust guardian. Nothing in the game can kill him, not even enemies that can one shot The Terrarian. They're invulnerable to every attack in the game. Though I am not sure how that would work in vs matches.
assuming that's something that is somewhat close-mid range, Akiha would look at him and his life is drained.

what are the ranges on these?

yes, but what happens when he gets too close and hair spawns on his body and drains his body heat and life force?
Assuming The Terrarian starts with a close-ranged strategy (It's unlikely but possible, he doesn't have standard strategies) and he sees that his life is being drained. He will use the Rod of Harmony to teleport away from Akiha and switch to a long-ranged strategy.

But if The Terrarian starts with a long-ranged strategy, (Which is the most likely scenario because in Terraria even melee weapons can shoot projectiles that travel tens of meters or his max range) it's even likelier that he will completely avoid being touched by Akiha's hairs.

That being said, the flamethrowers, Solar eruption and Daybreak have a range of tens of meters. That being said, it's likely that he will use these weapons offensively to defend himself from Akiha's hairs while they're trying to grab him when he starts taking distance.

Here's what will happen, The Terrarian flies and teleports away to gain more distance and outrange her. His minions, sentries, long ranged weapons will attack from a large distance while The Terrarian uses fire or daybreak debuff inducing weapons to incinerate any hair that gets close to him.
that's what happened in the thing I sent. Akiha was on the floor above and her hair was going through floor, and just kind of moves around the air like blood vessels.
The Terrarian will dodge and incinerate any piece of hair that gets close to him. The Inferno potion and his fire weapons makes it so that Akiha's hair will burn when they get close to The Terrarian.
Edit: Adding something very important that I just saw on her profile.

You need to be able to see spirit/ghost stuff in order to see and interact with her hair.
Well, The Terrarian's profile say that he can physically interact with souls, wraiths and ghosts. He can even use souls as crafting materials. He would be perfectly capable of interacting and seeing Akiha's hairs, since he can touch and see souls and similar spiritual beings.

The Terrarian also has the Lightning Aura staff https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Lightning_Aura_sentry_summons which summons an aura of lightning that passively damage everything inside of it. He can use it to defend himself against the hair.

I should also mention that The Terrarian has weapons that are worse than his end game weapons but are items that control fire and have the maximum range of The Terrarian. The Fire Gauntlet https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Fire_Gauntlet for example, makes all of his melee weapons like the Zenith inflict the Hellfire debuff which is stronger than normal fire.
He can also use Cursed bullets https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Cursed_Bullet or Cursed arrows on his long distance ranged guns and bows which are munition that inflict the Cursed fire debuff, fire even stronger than fire and helfire that cannot be extinguished with water.

Time's valuable, the 20 minutes that I saved by not clicking that video could be spent doing something productive, like grinding on Touhou 19 to unlock more characters.
Tsukihime>>>>>>>Touhou
Well, The Terrarian doesn't have a personality, nor we know how he thinks. He is just a self insert of the player, he wears what the player wants him to wear
he doesn't have standard strategies
this man truly stinks. staff thread time
Well, The Terrarian's profile say that he can physically interact with souls, wraiths and ghosts.
I did not see all that

what does level 1 look like?
artistlivesinme.jpg

Do you want level 1 or level -1?
'cause level -1 is an infinite straight corridor with doors leading to other levels.
thank you, I had meant level -1.
Yes breaking a wall and opening a path Level -1 and all the other ways of exiting level 0 are allowed to happen, though I'd say attacks that just pass through walls shouldn't get sent to Level -1.
So if a character breaks a wall they can go to level -1. Then from there any door leads to level 2, level -2, level 0, and the whiteout? Does the act of breaking a wall automatically warp you to level -1? if so, if 2 characters break a wall at the same time but at different places, do they get warped to the same spot, or a random section inside the infinite corridor? and if it's the latter, and the characters go into a random door, what is the likelihood of them reaching the same level?

So if a character breaks a wall they can go to level -1. Then from there any door leads to level 2, level -2, level 0, and the whiteout? Does the act of breaking a wall automatically warp you to level -1? if so, if 2 characters break a wall at the same time but at different places, do they get warped to the same spot, or a random section inside the infinite corridor? and if it's the latter, and the characters go into a random door, what is the likelihood of them reaching the same level?
Pretty sure you have to go into the broken wall to be teleported to level -1. if 2 characters break a wall at the same time but at different places they get warped to different different spots in that level iirc.

Ngl the Backrooms stuff is getting kind of compacted, would anyone mind if I just change the location to Flatgrass?

Pretty sure you have to go into the broken wall to be teleported to level -1. if 2 characters break a wall at the same time but at different places they get warped to different different spots in that level iirc.

Ngl the Backrooms stuff is getting kind of compacted, would anyone mind if I just change the location to Flatgrass?
I'd be fine with it personally. if so, you can put my vote the terrarian, since Akiha no longer has any viable wincons

I'm also voting for the Terrarian all things considered.

Back