• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Koopa's second Stat Equalization Tournament: Round 6 The Terrarian vs Akiha Tohno (6-0-0)

quick question before I make my arguments. how does attack speed work in these?
All speed types are equalized, so for example if a character had a gun that was faster than them the gun would get equalized to users speed and the opponents speed.

I should start my argument by saying that The Terrarian has a clear advantage with equalized stats. He has a mobility advantage thanks to the Rod of Harmony, an item that lets him teleport him anywhere near the mouse's cursor of the IRL player which basically means he can teleport anywhere he wants in an area of tens of meters around him for as many times as he wants.
https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Rod_of_Harmony

Not only that, but he has a nearly endless amount of weapons that can attack through walls. Such as the Lunar Flare https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Lunar_Flare which summons projectiles that attack through walls, the Stardust Dragon staff https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Stardust_Dragon_Staff which summons a dragon that phases through walls just to attack his enemies and sentries such as the Lunar Portal staff https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Lunar_Portal_Staff which he can just summon around Akiha and make them attack The Terrarian while he is hiding in another room.

The Terrarian not only has the environment advantage, but he can also always perceive where Akiha is, while she is unable to sense when he is hiding behind a wall. All of that is thanks to the Hunter potion https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Hunter_Potion which grants him the ability to see enemies through walls.

The Terrarian is pretty much a flying demi-god, a being with an arsenal of hundreds of weapons that slays god-like beings for breakfast.

The main thing Akiha has is her absorption through all of her abilities. Basically, if her hair, or any abilities of hers, touches you, it drains your heat and your life energy. It can, in fact, be a projectile. See here, here, here, here, here, and here. In character, she will usually start with the last few, and not really use the first 2 very often. and seeing as this is the Complete Inversion key, she will try to kill at the first opportunity.

Addressing the actual place where the fight is, the back rooms. In any normal situation, Akiha would actually have a decent advantage, as she actually has experience fighting in enclosed areas. but:
he can also always perceive where Akiha is, while she is unable to sense when he is hiding behind a wall.
I would just say "there's nothing stopping Akiha from destroying the wall", which would be true. She's completely insane at this point in time and doesn't know restraint in the slightest. She would try to destroy everything in sight. The only reason she didn't in the VN was because she could very easily see and keep track of where Shiki was very easily as he was constantly in her range and is also a close range fighter.
He has a mobility advantage thanks to the Rod of Harmony, an item that lets him teleport him anywhere near the mouse's cursor of the IRL player which basically means he can teleport anywhere he wants in an area of tens of meters around him for as many times as he wants.
wouldn't this be more of in their sight, since it's only where the cursor is? I don't play terreria.
Not only that, but he has a nearly endless amount of weapons that can attack through walls

The Terrarian not only has the environment advantage, but he can also always perceive where Akiha is, while she is unable to sense when he is hiding behind a wall.
no walls, no problem
The Terrarian is pretty much a flying demi-god
being able to fly here won't be of much help.
Can stat equalized characters destroy walls?
for the love of god, I hope so

The main thing Akiha has is her absorption through all of her abilities. Basically, if her hair, or any abilities of hers, touches you, it drains your heat and your life energy. It can, in fact, be a projectile. See here, here, here, here, here, and here. In character, she will usually start with the last few, and not really use the first 2 very often. and seeing as this is the Complete Inversion key, she will try to kill at the first opportunity.
Interesting, I don't think The Terrarian has heat draining, but I should mention that the Terrarian can also slowly drain the life of his enemies as long as they're in his range using his Life Drain https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Life_Drain. It's not an instant kill, it's not touch based nor projectile based, but rather it's an ability that functions towards everything that's in his range. It can even function through walls.
Though I should mention that it can be unlikely that he uses this weapon since he has weapons that deal a lot more DPS and this weapon is a mid-game weapon compared to his other endgame weapon, I am just saying it's an option.
That being said, The Terrarian can quickly get out of her melee range and the range of her projectiles using his Rod of Harmony. It's safe to say that in equal stats, a character that can fly, teleport and attack from a distance has more agility than a character that lacks those abilities.
Addressing the actual place where the fight is, the back rooms. In any normal situation, Akiha would actually have a decent advantage, as she actually has experience fighting in enclosed areas. but:
I agree, Akiha being in an environment that is close gives her an advantage, but that doesn't necessarily mean The Terrarian doesn't have experience fighting in enclosed areas. The Terrarian has multiple weapons that are close ranged like the Starlight https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Starlight for example. So he definitely isn't a slouch here, it just means that he will have difficulties using his flight advantage.
I would just say "there's nothing stopping Akiha from destroying the wall", which would be true. She's completely insane at this point in time and doesn't know restraint in the slightest. She would try to destroy everything in sight. The only reason she didn't in the VN was because she could very easily see and keep track of where Shiki was very easily as he was constantly in her range and is also a close range fighter.
Fair, but I should mention that even if Akiha can destroy walls, The Terrarian should still be an advantage. Since she can't see where The Terrarian hides, she would be attacking randomly and guessing where he should be at all times. While that's happening, The Terrarian could distract her for enough time to overwhelm her with his enormous amount of attacks. He can literally summon several magic flying swords that attack her with the Terraprisma https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Terraprisma while he makes a rain of wall-phasing projectiles rain all over her.

Since the Backrooms is a place with an endless amount of walls, The Terrarian could just teleport behind other walls if Akiha destroys the walls he was hiding in and continue the game of cat and mouse where Akiha trying to find where The Terrarian is hiding is while he is overwhelming him with multiple minions, sentries and projectiles.
wouldn't this be more of in their sight, since it's only where the cursor is? I don't play terreria.

no walls, no problem
Well it's a weird thing, Terraria is not a normal first person game, it plays more like a 2D platformer. That way, The Terrarian can see things through walls. Inside the gameplay, he can hide inside buildings, holes and walls and attack enemies with weapons that phase through walls like the Solar Eruption https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Solar_Eruption for example, which is a flail-whip-sword thingy that attacks through walls. Terraria characters being able to see through walls is consistent with the fact that no matter if you hide inside the floor, your enemies and bosses can still see where you are. The Queen Slime and King Slime for example will teleport on top of you if you try hiding inside a building where first person 3D characters normally wouldn't be able to see you at.
being able to fly here won't be of much help.

for the love of god, I hope so
I'd still say flying would help The Terrarian a lot, even in closed environments. He can fly infinitely towards any direction using wings or mounts like the Cosmic Car Key https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Cosmic_Car_Key, which would give him a lot more maneuverability throughout the terrain while fighting Akiha.

I would also like to mention that depending on how the terrain works, The Terrarian can blow up the environment with his weapons.

He can make a hole in the ceiling and fly upwards to make more room where he can dodge better using his infinite flight, or he can blow up the floor under Akiha making a deep hole where he can attack her with his superior range while Akiha would struggle to get to him.
He can easily do this with the Celebration MK2 https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Celebration_Mk2 which shoots dozens of missiles in quick succession with Mini Nuke II's as projectiles https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Mini_Nuke_II which would let him shoot dozens of missiles that can destroy the environment and alter it to The Terrarian's advantage.

I agree, Akiha being in an environment that is close gives her an advantage, but that doesn't necessarily mean The Terrarian doesn't have experience fighting in enclosed areas.
I know. I was just mentioning it as some more experience she has
Fair, but I should mention that even if Akiha can destroy walls, The Terrarian should still be an advantage. Since she can't see where The Terrarian hides, she would be attacking randomly and guessing where he should be at all times.
honestly, she would be randomly attacking everything around her regardless of whether or not she thinks he's there or not
Well it's a weird thing, Terraria is not a normal first person game, it plays more like a 2D platformer. That way, The Terrarian can see things through walls. Inside the gameplay, he can hide inside buildings, holes and walls and attack enemies with weapons that phase through walls like the Solar Eruption https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Solar_Eruption for example, which is a flail-whip-sword thingy that attacks through walls. Terraria characters being able to see through walls is consistent with the fact that no matter if you hide inside the floor, your enemies and bosses can still see where you are. The Queen Slime and King Slime for example will teleport on top of you if you try hiding inside a building where first person 3D characters normally wouldn't be able to see you at.
weird. alright then.
That being said, The Terrarian can quickly get out of her melee range and the range of her projectiles using his Rod of Harmony.
if he goes into mele range he will die. Akiha would just use her hair to grab him and drain his body heat and life. it isn't instant, but would be fairly quick
I'd still say flying would help The Terrarian a lot, even in closed environments.
Akiha can deal with people that are air-born fairly easily.
He can make a hole in the ceiling and fly upwards to make more room where he can dodge better using his infinite flight, or he can blow up the floor under Akiha making a deep hole where he can attack her with his superior range while Akiha would struggle to get to him.
pretty sure there are just more rooms above and below, so that wouldn't do much, as he'd just be running away

I have recorded a video just for this argument, just to show how The Terrarian range stomps Akiha.

In this video, you can see the range of The Terrarian, his invisibility and how he can overwhelm Akiha with the Terraprisma, The Zenith https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Zenith (A weapon that can attack through walls) and the Rainbow Crystal staff https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Rainbow_Crystal_Staff.

Normal weapons have a range of 42 blocks, each block in Terraria is 2 feet wide, which means normal weapons have a range of 84 feet (which translates to 25.6032 meters)

Ranged weapons with a scoped accessory (Like the Sniper scope or its upgrades https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Sniper_Scope) have a range of 64 blocks, which means they have a range of 128 feet (39.0144 meters)

And the Sniper rifle https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Sniper_Rifle has a range of 77 blocks, which means it has a range of 154 feet (46.9392 meters)

Meaning that The Terrarian range stomps, keep in mind that The Terrarian can teleport anywhere in an area of 84 feet with his Rod of Harmony.
I know. I was just mentioning it as some more experience she has

honestly, she would be randomly attacking everything around her regardless of whether or not she thinks he's there or not
Well if she goes berserk, and she's driven by instinct, then The Terrarian could trick her into fighting his Terraprisma minions and sentries while he is invisible hiding somewhere else. The Terrarian could simply re-summon all of his defeated minions and sentries in case they're defeated, so she would have a harder time trying to beat him.
weird. alright then.

if he goes into mele range he will die. Akiha would just use her hair to grab him and drain his body heat and life. it isn't instant, but would be fairly quick
Fair, but that's assuming he would stay in melee range. It's very likely that The Terrarian will use the Rod of Harmony to teleport out of her range, teleport behind a wall or ceiling and outrange her whenever he feels threatened.
Akiha can deal with people that are air-born fairly easily.
Fair, but I should mention that The Terrarian can deal with people who have attacks that are more overwhelming than Akiha's attacks. He can fight and defeat the Empress of light without taking a hit from her, who is a boss that has bullet hell-like attacks.

pretty sure there are just more rooms above and below, so that wouldn't do much, as he'd just be running away
He won't just be running away, he would make enough space and range to outrange her and outmanouver her by making a hole in the ceiling big enough to fly around and dodge her attacks.

Well if she goes berserk, and she's driven by instinct, then The Terrarian could trick her into fighting his Terraprisma minions and sentries while he is invisible hiding somewhere else. The Terrarian could simply re-summon all of his defeated minions and sentries in case they're defeated, so she would have a harder time trying to beat him.
true, but how long would they really last?
Fair, but I should mention that The Terrarian can deal with people who have attacks that are more overwhelming than Akiha's attacks. He can fight and defeat the Empress of light without taking a hit from her, who is a boss that has bullet hell-like attacks.

I feel like this is more of a feat for the person playing the game, rather than for the character. I'm not really sure how we treat feats like this, where it's entirely based on the person controlling the character, and not the individual character.
He won't just be running away, he would make enough space and range to outrange her and outmanouver her by making a hole in the ceiling big enough to fly around and dodge her attacks.
she can spawn attacks directly under him
I have recorded a video just for this argument, just to show how The Terrarian range stomps Akiha.

this is something. scary, but something.

I feel like we should go over what each character usually starts with at the start

true, but how long would they really last?
The summons last until The Terrarian dies. If he doesn't last, they last forever.
I feel like this is more of a feat for the person playing the game, rather than for the character. I'm not really sure how we treat feats like this, where it's entirely based on the person controlling the character, and not the individual character.
I am unsure either, but it's a feat that The Terrarian could replicate if we give them The Terraprisma https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Terraprisma. That summon is an item obtained by no hitting the Empress of light at daytime, which buffs her so much that she can one shot The Terrarian. Basically, he has to no-hit her in order to obtain that weapon.
This player in particular used a crappy weapon against her, but usually you would end up using long ranged weapons that can end the fight in two minutes. I showed this video just to show the potential maneuverability, skills and agility of The Terrarian.
she can spawn attacks directly under him
So can The Terrarian, he can summon sentries and summons on top of his cursor. That being said, the combo of The Terrarian's infinite flight and ability to blow up the terrain to gain more space to fight in and be capable of fighting over the floor makes him able to dodge attacks under him.
this is something. scary, but something.

I feel like we should go over what each character usually starts with at the start
Fair, but having these items and weapons are possible for average Terrarians. He can store a lot of accessories in his inventory or portable storage https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Storage_items#Portable_Storage, which he can switch to if he sees that his current items aren't efficient.
He could also switch easily between multiple armors and accessories with the loadouts mechanic https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Loadouts which instantly lets him switch between items.

On average, most Terrarians would have a Zenith, The Terraprisma, Rod of harmony, Rainbow crystal staff, Vortex armor, Stardust armor and the other endgame tier armors. They might not have the same specific accessories I used in the video, but they will have enough to overwhelm Akiha and could easily switch their strategy if they see it's not efficient.

I will summarize my arguments for anyone trying to read the thread and form an opinion about who wins.
I vote for The Terrarian because...
  • He has better range.
  • He can overwhelm Akiha with summons, turrets, the Zenith, lunar flare and all his other danmaku options
  • His infinite flight and teleportation lets him have better maneuverability and agility, he can realistically dodge most attacks thrown at him, teleport or fly away every time Akiha closes the distance gap.
  • The Terrarian's teleportation and wall-phasing attacks lets him hide behind walls and the ceiling and attack Akiha without being in direct contact with her.
  • The Terrarian can turn invisible
  • The Terrarian can blow up the terrain and shape it to his liking in order to gain an advantage over Akiha

Assuming walls can be broken then a follow up question: Breaking a wall in Level 0 is noted to lead to Level -1. Does this apply here?
And would we assume attacks that go through walls get send to Level -1 following the idea that inside the walls are portals?

Assuming walls can be broken then a follow up question: Breaking a wall in Level 0 is noted to lead to Level -1. Does this apply here?
And would we assume attacks that go through walls get send to Level -1 following the idea that inside the walls are portals?
I don't know how the backrooms work. What does this mean??

I haven’t followed this thread at all, and considering this seems to be a fate character I’m 99% sure the Terrarian instant dies if she even slightly breaths on him from <insert any wacky hax she has>, but I want to mention one thing. The Terrarian can hit ghost, concepts, and curses, yet he can’t hit his summons. So they are stupidly intangible. Also, I have no clue why his range was downgraded to tens of meters, it was just downgraded without a word nor revision. You can shoot across a multi kilometer island in game. The Terrarian’s teleportation should scale to the enemies you get the staff from and they can use it from hundreds of meters (l need to test if the camera mode allows you to teleport further, though even without it, I would agrue his teleport should scale to every other teleport in the game and they all work from dozens of kilometers, literally every single one).

Last edited:
I haven’t followed this thread at all, and considering this seems to be a fate character I’m 99% sure the Terrarian instant dies if she even slightly breaths on him from <insert any wacky hax she has>, but I want to mention one thing. The Terrarian can hit ghost, concepts, and curses, yet he can’t hit his summons. So they are stupidly intangible. Also, I have no clue why his range was downgraded to tens of meters, it was just downgraded without a word nor revision. You can shoot across a multi kilometer island in game. The Terrarian’s teleportation should scale to the enemies you get the staff from and they can use it from hundreds of meters (l need to test if the camera mode allows you to teleport further, though even without it, I would agrue his teleport should scale to every other teleport in the game and they all work from dozens of kilometers, literally every single one).
The Terrarian's range seems to be wanked. Tens of meters is what you usually need too fight. Sure he can attack from longer distances but he wouldn't be able to see what he is attacking.
I have no idea why his Rod of Discord/Harmony teleportation reaches hundreds of meters when in reality it only works for tens of meters.
Eh, I and my team should probably address all of those things in a CRT.

What do you mean ‘he wouldn’t be able to see’. The Terrarian has functioning eyes. The camera being the way it is a clear cut gameplay mechanic many games use. I’ve followed the terraria bullets before, they go to the end of the map. Do you want me to follow them again tomorrow and chase them across the map with the teleportation rod, because I’ll do so if you want me to.

(In regards to teleporting) Because the enemies that use and drop the rod can teleport to you as long as they are loaded into the game. And they can be loaded in from that far.

(Range in general) I already made a crt on it, it was removed without a revision nor a word. I have no clue why I need to make the same revision again, but oh well.

Last edited:
I haven’t followed this thread at all, and considering this seems to be a fate character I’m 99% sure the Terrarian instant dies if she even slightly breaths on him from <insert any wacky hax she has>
Tsukihime character tend to have less potent hax than Fate characters.
The Terrarian can hit ghost, concepts, and curses, yet he can’t hit his summons. So they are stupidly intangible.
feels like game mechanics to me
The summons last until The Terrarian dies. If he doesn't last, they last forever.
noted. they can die though, right?
His infinite flight and teleportation lets him have better maneuverability and agility, he can realistically dodge most attacks thrown at him, teleport or fly away every time Akiha closes the distance gap.
if he gets caught in Akiha's hair, his only option would be teleportation. also, it removes the use of limbs. it later goes on to explain her ability (I recommend watching the whole thing).
I don't know either. I just read the article of Level -1 and Level 0 and happened to notice that Level -1 mentions that you enter it by breaking a wall in Level 0.
help out with this please when you get the chance. I have no backrooms knowledge.
The Terrarian's range seems to be wanked. Tens of meters is what you usually need too fight.
how much is tens of meters in this case?

No the Terrarian’s summon have never been shown to die. Even said curses and ghost also fail to hit the summons.

“how much is tens of meters in this case?”

Any answer would show it’s false, because if you actually follow the bullets you’re see they go further. I won’t haven’t time to normally grab the scans tomorrow. But I guess I’m going to need to jam it in somehow.

No the Terrarian’s summon have never been shown to die. Even said curses and ghost also fail to hit the summons.
that's very unfortunate
“how much is tens of meters in this case?”

Any answer would show it’s false, because if you actually follow the bullets you’re see they go further. I won’t haven’t time to normally grab the scans tomorrow. But I guess I’m going to need to jam it in somehow.
I'm just going based on what is apparently on the profiles. if you plan on making a CRT for it, that's good, but I'm not sure if it would be incorporated into the match. Akiha's page isn't really up to date or accurate either like only several meters when she has a whole full screen beam but that can always be updated.

Here’s why I’m so annoyed. I made a crt for it, it was accepted, then without a crt it was removed. Now I’m going to have to make a crt to add back something that was removed for no reason. I think that’s pretty understandable to why I’m so annoyed.

However, tens of meters isn’t even what the profile says, it just says the weapons vary greatly. Why does tens of meters have more merit than any other range?

Here’s why I’m so annoyed. I made a crt for it, it was accepted, then without a crt it was removed. Now I’m going to have to make a crt to add back something that was removed for no reason. I think that’s pretty understandable to why I’m so annoyed.
that's pretty understandable then, yeah. you should double check to make sure that there wasn't a downgrade beforehand

I did. As far as I can tell, it was just included when the profile was rewritten one time. No one brought up the range in the crt, including the creator (they mentioned every other change), they just changed it when they reorganized the profile. I reread the thread multiple times with the Google word search feature too. Range was just nuked for no reason.

What do you mean ‘he wouldn’t be able to see’. The Terrarian has functioning eyes. The camera being the way it is a clear cut gameplay mechanic many games use.
What I'm saying is that The Terrarian's vision range is not as good as a normal person. He is limited to see things in a radius of tens of meters. To see even further, he needs binoculars or a sniper scope. If he could truly see things that are kilometers away, he wouldn't need binoculars or a sniper scope to even see something further than tens of meters.
I’ve followed the terraria bullets before, they go to the end of the map. Do you want me to follow them again tomorrow and chase them across the map with the teleportation rod, because I’ll do so if you want me to.
Sure, but even then shooting bullets blindly to places he can't see even if they reach kilometers away doesn't mean he could effectively fight at that distance. At best, he would be shooting bullets towards places he can't see, hoping it blindly hits something. That's why I said his range is tens of meters, he can't effectively hit things that are hundreds or kilometers away without knowing where they are.
The Terrarian can't snipe something from across the island, he only shoots blindly at that range.
(In regards to teleporting) Because the enemies that use and drop the rod can teleport to you as long as they are loaded into the game. And they can be loaded in from that far.
Scaling the Rod of Discord/Harmony to the Chaos elementals is very iffy. The Rod of Discord is never capable of teleporting hundreds or kilometers in-game. Just because the enemies can do it (Which I doubt) It doesn't mean the Rod of Discord can do it, since Terraria items are notorious for not having the same level of power as the enemies or bosses that drop them.

That and to make the Chaos elementals teleport that far seems to be more like an exploit of game mechanics. In normal gameplay, the Chaos elementals can't teleport to you if you use a teleporting item such as the magic conch or magic mirror to teleport somewhere else.
The only thing in The Terrarian's arsenal that should have Kilometers of range are his pylons, magic conch, magic mirror, teleporters and their upgrades.

That being said, I should probably leave all of that to a CRT rather than discussing it in an unrelated thread.

For now, I can go with the wrong assumption that The Terrarian has a range of kilometers. It only serves to prove my point that The Terrarian wins against Akiha even more, haha.
(Range in general) I already made a crt on it, it was removed without a revision nor a word. I have no clue why I need to make the same revision again, but oh well.
Don't look at me, me nor my team have anything to do with that. Just saying, we haven't finished the CRT nor applied it yet.
Tsukihime character tend to have less potent hax than Fate characters.

feels like game mechanics to me

noted. they can die though, right?
I am not sure if they can, in Terraria summons and sentries are invulnerable to absolutely everything. Not even enemies that can one shot the Endgame Terrarian can affect them. They don't even get affected or interacted by those enemies. I am not sure how that would work under VSBW rules.
But even if they could die, The Terrarian could simply re-summon them again. The only way to really beat them is to target The Terrarian directly rather than attack them.
if he gets caught in Akiha's hair, his only option would be teleportation. also, it removes the use of limbs. it later goes on to explain her ability (I recommend watching the whole thing).
Fair, but The Terrarian could easily avoid that by teleporting away or outmaneuvering the hair with his infinite flight.

Anyway, I am probably going to do something else right now. Something more important (Taking a bath and playing Touhou 19) I'll come back tomorrow.

I’m going to bed so I’ll agrue about the teleportation stuff later (but every other teleport the Terrarian has can teleport kilometers and I’m pretty sure the rod can even be shown to, let me just mess with camera mode later).

However, when it comes to sight I’m definitely going to argue this.

“What I'm saying is that The Terrarian's vision range is not as good as a normal person. He is limited to see things in a radius of tens of meters. To see even further, he needs binoculars or a sniper scope.”

Are you kidding me right now man. Can Mario in his 2d games suddenly only see a couple of meters, can the salt born only see a few meters, can Dante and kratos not tilt their heads to see and have to move a camera, do all 3D person protagonist see from their shoulders? I can’t believe I actually need to argue against the freaking game camera being used. It’s one of the clearest cut, most well know, gameplay mechanic of all time.

Like I get gameplay mechanics can be an annoying arguement, but it’s literally the game camera. The Terrarian isn’t freaking blind, it’s a 2d game. Practically all of them have this type of camera.

Fair, but The Terrarian could easily avoid that by teleporting away or outmaneuvering the hair with his infinite flight.
watch the rest of the video past that point. it goes on to say this:
I jump back even more.
---The red hair chases me.
It isn't as quick as before, but still wraps around my limbs.

―― No, chasing isn't the right word to use.
There is no way to escape this red hair.
When she sees me, it is already wrapped around me. It is wrong to imagine dodging it or avoiding it.
If it's there, it's there. If it's not, it's not.
Like the air touching my skin, the red hair is already wrapped around me.

Therefore, there was no way to escape from that attack.
If there is anything I can do, it is---before Akiha steals something from me, I have to cut that pipeline―― that red hair of hers.
because it's a closed space, if he's seen, he's caught, and then needs to teleport. once he teleports, he will lose use of whatever limbs were affected by her hair. and because speed is equal, this shouldn't be too hard of a wincon. I guess @Keeweed was right earlier lol
Like I get gameplay mechanics can be an annoying arguement, but it’s literally the game camera. The Terrarian isn’t freaking blind, it’s a 2d game. Practically all of them have this type of camera.
all my homies hate game mechanics

Yes breaking a wall and opening a path Level -1 and all the other ways of exiting level 0 are allowed to happen, though I'd say attacks that just pass through walls shouldn't get sent to Level -1.

Last edited:
Just realized I missed a vote
vote for The Terrarian because...
  • He has better range.
  • He can overwhelm Akiha with summons, turrets, the Zenith, lunar flare and all his other danmaku options
  • His infinite flight and teleportation lets him have better maneuverability and agility, he can realistically dodge most attacks thrown at him, teleport or fly away every time Akiha closes the distance gap.
  • The Terrarian's teleportation and wall-phasing attacks lets him hide behind walls and the ceiling and attack Akiha without being in direct contact with her.
  • The Terrarian can turn invisible
  • The Terrarian can blow up the terrain and shape it to his liking in order to gain an advantage over Akiha
Counted!

Btw I'm going to go with The Terrarian on this one, much better arsenal and flexibility to do plenty of stuff + the range gap
@koopa3144 You forgot to count his vote.

I apologize for not responding yesterday, I was busy playing Touhou 19. The game sucks, but I want to unlock the grape lady.
watch the rest of the video past that point. it goes on to say this:
No, it's too long, I'll just take your word for it.
because it's a closed space, if he's seen, he's caught, and then needs to teleport. once he teleports, he will lose use of whatever limbs were affected by her hair. and because speed is equal, this shouldn't be too hard of a wincon. I guess @Keeweed was right earlier lol
Fair, I admit that's a good wincon, but the thing is that The Terrarian has multiple ways to win despite being paralyzed or even avoid being paralyzed altogether.
The Vortex Armor https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Vortex_armor makes The Terrarian invisible for as long as he wants, and Akiha doesn't have good ways to deal with invisibility. So he could just stay invisible and avoid being touched altogether.
The Stardust Armor https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Stardust_armor lets him summon the stardust guardian, a minion that attacks for him, even being able to phase through walls. Even if The Terrarian is paralysed.
I already demonstrated that The Terrarian can summon a lot of minions and sentries that fight for him even if he is unable to move, since they act independently of him.
He can also drink the Inferno Potion https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Inferno_Potion which summons a ring of fire around him that incinerates everything it touches, it would set her hair on fire and prevent her hairs from touching him.
He also has multiple weapons that can incinerate Akiha's hair and leave her bald, such as the Daybreak and Solar eruption which inflict the debuff Daybroken https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Daybroken which inciniterate things with solar rays. He can also just use a good old Flamethrower https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Flamethrower, but the Solar eruption works better.

Like I mentioned before, The Terrarian has tons of ways to deal with her hair. He is experienced in dodging Danmaku, can teleport, can outrange her, has better mobility and maneuverability thanks to his infinite flight and can blow up the environment to benefit him.
adding that Akiha can attack through walls as well:
That's neat, but The Terrarian's attacks can straight up phase through walls.

Back