• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensura Light Novel Revision : Resurrection of That True Dragon Is Awesome

"Knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions."

Ok then that's debatable in this case.

bring the scans you refer to, it helps those who haven't read the whole series yet or just don't remember well (like me lol)

For now I only agree with overtime resurrection (not applicable to combat)
"If you can’t kill them, it doesn’t count as a win — that seemed to be the standard for demons, and if it was, there was never any beating a True Dragon. And I think Veldora told me before about how his race can alwas resurrect themselves after death. A demon could be eliminated by crushing their heart core, but in the case of True Dragons, they’d still come back to life anyway, although their personality and part of their memories would be reset, I guess. Maybe some True Dragons can retain those memories, though, like some demons can. If so, that’d render them truly immortal." - V14

"A demon will be extinguished when their heart core is shattered.
However!
We, the primordials, can come back from any condition!
I heard that the True Dragons personalities will be reset while inheriting their memories, but in our case, our personalities remained intact.
Guy-sama’s partner, “Ice Dragon” Velzard-sama, used to re-educate her younger brother, but that doesn’t apply to us primordials." - V17

Last edited:
"If you can’t kill them, it doesn’t count as a win — that seemed to be the standard for demons, and if it was, there was never any beating a True Dragon. And I think Veldora told me before about how his race can alwas resurrect themselves after death. A demon could be eliminated by crushing their heart core, but in the case of True Dragons, they’d still come back to life anyway, although their personality and part of their memories would be reset, I guess. Maybe some True Dragons can retain those memories, though, like some demons can. If so, that’d render them truly immortal." - V14
『確か、ヴェルドラも言っていたっけ。
〝竜種〟は死んでも復活する、と。
悪魔達(デーモン)の場合は心核(ココロ)を砕けば滅ぼせるが、〝竜種〟の場合はそれでも復活してくるって話だ。 その場合は記憶の一部と人格がリセットされるみたいだけど……一部の悪魔達(デーモン)みたいに、記憶を保持したまま復活可能な〝竜種〟もいるのかも知れない。』

However!
I heard that the True Dragons personalities will be reset while inheriting their memories, but in our case, our personalities remained intact.
Guy-sama’s partner, “Ice Dragon” Velzard-sama, used to re-educate her younger brother, but that doesn’t apply to us primordials." - V17
『我等の眷属たる悪魔共なら、心核(ココロ)が砕かれれば消滅します。
しかし!
優秀なる私達〝原初〟ならば、どんな状態からでも復活が可能だったのです!!
〝竜種〟ならば記憶を継承しつつも人格がリセットされるらしいのですが、私達の場合は人格もそのままでした。
ギィ様の相棒であらせられる〝白氷竜〟ヴェルザード様は、弟君を人格初期化して再教育とかやってましたが、私達〝原初〟には適用されないという事です。』

However!
yes, that's good enough, and it shows at once that there's no HGR and yes resurrection

Tbh that matters little. To me all forms of godly regeneration is resurrection
Theoretically it looks the same, but it depends on how the verse handles it, in Tensura for example, there are some downsides to the resurrection that wouldn't happen in a regeneration. At the same time, a character who has both resurrection and regeneration has a certain advantage, for example, character x has his regeneration denied by character y and dies, but he would still be able to resurrect, right?

I mean, it's just examples that make me prefer to distinguish that, although the author of tensura seems to agree with you, as he is constantly using resurrection and regeneration as synonyms in some cases, although the conditions and consequences are clearly different

If Primordial Daemons have HGR already, then TD should possess one here too. Both literally compared to one another several times. You can take the statement from Rain in V17 for example. You can also use V14 if Volumes not officially translated can't be used.
Well not exactly only Diablo resurrects instantly in the Demon Realm when his core is destroyed. Other Primordials take hundreds of years the difference between TD and Primordials is that retain all memories and personality while that's not guaranteed for TD. But both do take awhile to come back.

Last edited:
immma say 2 things
1. Primordials have HGR and Rein said in volume 17 that both Primordials and true dragons can resurrect from any condition just that Primordials keep their personality
2. Velzard have HGR(we could say all true dragons ) her factor was collected from her which is like their heart in a way
"Velgrynd was going to have her existence wiped out"
Volume 15
so she literally have this existence erasure thing and she was bfr by micheal so she wouldn't regenerate and come back
but the thing is Velzard factor was taking from her as well but she regenerated without her existence getting wiped out although it took her 2 days but still is a good feat.
Dragon Factor is just energy also why would use a turn of phrase like that to justify EE when they were talking about her dying like Velgrynd's Parallel Existence did. It wasn't remotely erased from existence. But TD don't really "live or die" so saying she was going to be wiped out is more appropriate.

However!
This seems sufficient enough, if those other characters are already accepted as having that level of resurrection.

Back