• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Rimuru

Resistance to Power Mimcry and Power Absorption

Hinata's Usurper doesn't work on him:

Her trusted ÒÇîUsurperÒÇì is rendered useless due to the ÒÇîInterferenceÒÇì. It has absolute advantage over the strong——But now, it is no longer useful.
~ LN Volume 7: Chapter 5​
Usurper is stated to be able to rob her opponents of their abilities or duplicate them:

Her ability——unique skill ÒÇîUsurperÒÇìhas two main functions.
They are respectively,ÒÇîUsurpÒÇì that can rob power from her opponent and ÒÇîDuplicationÒÇì which allows her to copy and learn skills.
~ LN Volume 7: Chapter 3​
Power Mimicry

Copied Hinata's Melf Slash:

《Answer. Not acquired, learnt.》
Ah, okie.

Either is fine, I complain in heart.

So Raphael explains as follows:

It speaks of its observation of Hinata's movements and that it has discovered that my opponent was able to handle my attack because she relied on a skill that predicted my attacks. And so, during my confrontation with Hinata, it has helped me to learn this skill through analyzing Hinata's attacks. ——Eh, is this really possible? 《Answer. True.》
Space-Time Manipulation

Analyzed Spirit Particles and obtained Hinata's Melt Slash:

《Answer. The attack just now——ÒÇîMelt SlashÒÇì was canceled by ÒÇîGluttony King BeelzebubÒÇì and engaged by ÒÇîPreyÒÇì at the same time. The information gathered then was successful in analyzing the random motion of ÒÇîSpirit ParticlesÒÇì. That is why defense mechanism was able to predict the attack of holy-element. In addition, you've obtained Holy Sword technique ÒÇîMelt SlashÒÇì. 》
Go down to Hinata's section for what Spirit Particles do, basically they make defense barriers useless cause they can move through the barrier of space and time

Speed

Rimuru and Hinata are stated to be faster than the processing power of the brain:

Her battle with demon lord Rimuru is something beyond Fritz's understanding. Those are speeds unknown to commoner——Even "Magic Detection" is meaningless in interpreting the ongoing battle, whose speed has exceeded the processing power of human brain.
~ LN Volume 7: Defeat of the Holy Knights​
I know the brain can perform like billions of calculations per second or something, but no idea how that translates to speed.

Something more concrete is the fact that Hinata is so fast Rimuru can barely react to her despite his thoughts being accelerated millions of times:

And so the battle of high-speed swordplay begins.
I gave all I had as soon as it started. Hinata's attack speed is incredible, to the point that I can barely react even withÒÇîThought AccelerationÒÇì, enhancing my senses to a millions of times of my original. A much easier metaphor to understand this would be to say that it is just like fighting Milim, surely now you can tell how fast it is. However, I am not losing either. I block, and return every hit.
A million times Rimuru's current speed of Supersonic+ is equal to FTL+ if i didn't mess anything up.

Shio
Absorption

If blocking the holy-element alone is not enough, she even absorbed the energy with her odachi and quickly deflected the missile to turn it into a way to attack…….
Law manipulation

ÒÇî——That's true indeed. But this is not a 『Special Barrier』 with high density,a 『Special Barrier』 that manipulates the world's law. Law manipulation is however, my specialty. After all, I, am very good at cooking!ÒÇì
Reynald is completely baffled with what she said. But he understands what Shion has done. She has brought about this result by using her Unique Skill ÒÇîChefÒÇì to tamper with the Holy Purification Barrier. Overwriting phenomenon and laws. This skill is capable of overwriting objects with the ideal ÒÇîOutcomeÒÇì of the user——the so called ÒÇîAffirmative OutcomeÒÇì. This is the true power of Shion's skill ÒÇîChefÒÇì. The reason why Shion's cooking became tasty is all due to the effect of this skill. Sadly, such extraordinary power has been used in very pitiful things.
Hinata
Power Mimcry and Power Absorption

Already posted the evidence above:

Her ability——unique skill ÒÇîUsurperÒÇìhas two main functions.
They are respectively,ÒÇîUsurpÒÇì that can rob power from her opponent and ÒÇîDuplicationÒÇì which allows her to copy and learn skills.
Forcefield Creation

If she knew the origin of his strength, countering it would then be a piece of cake. She would be able to stop the enemy's attack by summoning a protective barrier that dissipates heat and sprays dust particles into the air to disperse the light source. This attack is full of flaws if only utilizing sunlight. To Hinata, such attack isn't even worth mentioning.
Teleportation

Her ominous prediction has turned into reality, Hinata makes up her mind on the spot to return to Ruberios.
Using teleportation magic is much more efficient. Although she planned to preserve her stamina before the battle with Rimuru, but now's not time for such thing.
~ LN Volume 7: Chapter 4​
Key Additio

Her first key should be called "Sage", second key is "Saint".

As a Saint she is comparable to Rimuru so she should be 6-C and FTL+.

Regenerationn

Hinata utilized her ÒÇîMathematicianÒÇì to enhance the speed of her senses a thousands times more than usual. Her perception of the surrounding area has also exceeded the human limit. Her brain is functioning at its maximum capacity, causing the microvessels in her body to have bursted a few times. She took care of the wounds by using automatic regenerative spell to hide these injuries from her opponent's detection.
We already have automatic regen listed as Low-Mid due to being able to regen limbs, so as a Saint she should have Low-Mid regen.

Regenerationn Negation

The sword gifted by Ruminas possesses immense power. If it is installed with Hinata's mana and enchanted with her fighting aura, it can cause lethal wounds that can't be treated by any average regenerative ability. Even against enemies possessing ÒÇîUltra RegenerationnÒÇì, this sword can cut them in half.
Ultra Regenerationn gives High regen, so she should have Regenerationn Negation (High).

Law Manipulation

According to the analysis of Raphael-sama, that sword also possesses a special ability. Not only does it have the special wavelength to overwrite the natural laws, but it can even break through my ÒÇîMultiple BarriersÒÇì.
Resistances

I take out some healing potion from ÒÇîStomachÒÇì and spray it onto her chest. Normally the body would immediately starts to regenerate, yet it isn't working this time.
《Answer. Subject ÒÇîHinata SakaguchiÒÇì seems to possess high resistance against magic. Her body will automatically disintegrate magicules to nullify the effect.》

Magic nullification, is that what you mean?

ÒÇîM-magic doesn't work on Hinata-sama. It's the same for healing magic, any non-holy magic system would all be nullified…...ÒÇì
~ LN Volume 7: Chapter 6​
As a Sage she should have this, any magic that's not holy magic gets nullified, so she should have a bunch of resistances such as Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Power Nullification, Death Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement, Electricity Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Poisons, Corrosion Inducement, Heat Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation, Pain Manipulation etc.

Space-Time Manipulation

《Answer. Even if activated ÒÇîAbsolute DefenseÒÇì of ÒÇîCovenant King UrielÒÇì, ÒÇîSpirit ParticleÒÇì may still penetrate. Hence, activating said skill prior is meaningless.》
——Just like that, it makes it sound very justified. Even the biggest perfectionist would have a limit to things, Wisdom King Raphael-san……

ÒÇîSpirit ParticleÒÇì is the special particle that makes up magicule, its motion is extremely hard to predict. The spirit particles can move through the barrier of space and time. The principle that governs these random phase changes——The law of natural motion in ÒÇîSpirit ParticleÒÇì——If not decoded, even my ÒÇîAbsolute DefenseÒÇì would be penetrated.
Healing

Leaving me destroyed with the above sayings, Hinata goes on to treat Reynald with healing magic.
Longevity

Saints are a high rank species that human can evolve into through many years of rigorous training. People who reach this level are called ÒÇîSageÒÇì. Their lifespan is greatly lengthened and have the ability to transform into a semi-astral-lifeform. They would be rid of the shackles of the human flesh. And that's why people who reached the level of Sage are able to utilize enormous power. Their immense physical prowess and precision in magical usage has been strengthened far beyond what an average man could foresee, making them powerful beings, able to rival the ÒÇîDemon Lord BreedÒÇì. They are the guardians of mankind and are slowly evolving into the envoys of God.
Death Resistance for Everyone A rank
Veldora's aura is able to instantly kill people under A rank:

Veldora aura

Diablo's Demon Lord Haki can kill humans, Sare and Glenda who are demon lord class can resist it though:

The rest of the teammates have all wet themselves and began to yowl incomprehensibly.
These are the reactions of the fierce, first-class demon slayers who have seen it all on the battlefield. But it's not over yet. Apart from the reporters who are being protected, the observers at the scene felt a shiver run down their spines. As for Edward, he fainted and has foam drooling out of his mouth. It is the same for his bodyguards. What happened? The leader finally understands. This…… Intense sense of dread——It's the oppressive aura of this demon before him. All Diablo did was release the demonic aura he had been suppressing. Yet this aura is already strong enough to kill humans. ÒÇîAra? Only three of you passed my test? That's fine, you have my applause. Even though I'm being generous, you still all managed to endure my 『Demon Lord Haki (Imposing Aura)』. I shall allow you to face me in a fight.ÒÇì Fear is almost suffocating the leader at this point, upon hearing Diablo's words, he turns his head back. He can see only two people standing. They are the qualified individuals Diablo mentioned. A young boy and a wild beauty——Sare and Glenda

We also got more proof of Rimuru's low godly regen, he can regenerate his physical body instantly.

After this, a number of profiles need to be made again.

I am not sure that what Shion did with her Odachi is really Absorption since it's immidietly released. Sounds more like Attack Reflection, since she seems able to control the direction of the returned attack.

Regenerationn for Hinata is said to be a "spell". We already know that only holy-element magic works on her, so it's a continuous healing spell of that element (or perhaps Spirit Magic). The "Automatic Regenerationn" we have as Low-Mid Regenerationn, however, is a Skill. I think that auto-heal spell can still be considered Regenerationn rather than healing, but I am not so sure that it can be equalized with the Skill. Might have to take a look at the RAWs later to check if the TL didn't accidently label a Skill as a spell.

Lastly the resistances for Hinata. I disagree with that, because it ONLY works against magical effects from Element Magic (which use magicules). However Spirit Magic (which use Spirit Power rather than magicules) would still work even if it's not of the Holy Element. Likewise those types of attacks would also still work if its physical, like Rimuru's Megiddo. I know she'd likely resist that in some other way, but this particular method only works against magicules.

I disagree with your points against Shion's absorption.

"If blocking the holy-element alone is not enough, she even absorbed the energy with her odachi and quickly deflected the missile to turn it into a way to attack……."

So I believe it'd be both absorption and attack reflection.

As for the last, I'm gonna stay out of this for now.

@Neo Hmm, what Milly says makes sense, i think it's both absorption and attack reflection.

So you are disagreeing that it's the same Regenerationn as automatic regen/self regen? Well would still give her regen just not to the same degree as self regen then.

Well i agree, but she still resists abilities that work off magicules so she should still get some resistances, the question is which ones.

So.. uh.. i want to ask regarding Rimuru vs Hinata

Why Hinata precog works on Rimuru? is Her precog not skill but experience? Also Rimuru got future attack prediction, although he already have precog

Inconsistencies i think, Hinata's precog was due to the precog simulation ability of usurper, which is a unique skill so it shouldn't have worked.

Rimuru's precog from before was due to having Hakurou's predict future ability, albeit we didn't get an explanation for it, but it seemed obvious due to its name.

@CP Yes both seems fine.

She's regenerating internal bleeding, so the closest to that description would be the "machine equivalent" part of High-Low that mentions internal damage, I guess? Not sure whether using the machine equivalent part is valid though.

I want to think of something, but somehow the only thing that comes to mind is ultimately Resistance to Magic.

Yeah, after reading them, I agree @Milly's points about Absorption and Attack Reflection.

@Neo High-Low regen covers minor organ damage so it fits i think.

Maybe resistances to elemental stuff like fire, water etc?

By the way, what happened to Disintegration being Existence Erasure? I remember that we came to an agreement in regards to that.

In regards to Hinata's resistances, again, tricky attacks that don't use magicules like the Daemon Slayers used on Diablo would not be affected by that particular resistance.

The disintegration thread was only about the WN, don't really remember anything about it erasing ppl from existence in the LN, just destroying souls and cells.

Meh, lets just leave it at resistance to magic then.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Inconsistencies i think, Hinata's precog was due to the precog simulation ability of usurper, which is a unique skill so it shouldn't have worked.

Rimuru's precog from before was due to having Hakurou's predict future ability, albeit we didn't get an explanation for it, but it seemed obvious due to its name.
HM.. now i think about that, perhaps its just Raphael scheme? In this battle Raphael is in its rebellious state, maybe she do that in order to get more abilities for Rimuru like future attack prediction, she say "learn it" not "acquire it"

"——My wish seems to have been delivered as Wisdom King Raphael starts to respond.

《Report. Skill ÒÇîPredict Future AttackÒÇìhas been learnt. Apply skill? YES/NO 》

……

As expected of Master Raphael. It is really not for show. This is the response I'd expect from Raphael-san. I wasn't able to react in time when it first spoke of the matter, but now I know that I have acquired some incredible skill——

《Answer. Not acquired, learnt.》 Ah, okie. Either is fine, I complain in heart."

Yea, Diablo's unique skill Tempter has an ability which takes his target to an imaginary world where he can make whatever happens there happen in the real world.

Pretty much the same as in the WN, except instead of being able to resist it with a strong mind, you need a strong spirit in order to break out of the imaginary world in the LN.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Yea, Diablo's unique skill Tempter has an ability which takes his target to an imaginary world where he can make whatever happens there happen in the real world.

Pretty much the same as in the WN, except instead of being able to resist it with a strong mind, you need a strong spirit in order to break out of the imaginary world in the LN.
They are likely refering to the same thing though:

Ú¡é (tamashii) = soul
þ▓¥þÑ× (seishin) = spirit/mind
þ▓¥þÑ×µö»Úàì (seishin shihai) = mental control (for the µö»Úàì part, see here)

The mental control part if just for reference that it is used in the context of "mind". þ▓¥þÑ× is also used for the term "Spirit Body", so both meanings seem to be used here at times (but not soul since that got a seperate kanji-term).

Short summary of changes we agreed to that are not in the OP (i.e. "change notes"):

I think that's all. Please tell me if I forgot something additional we agreed to or if I got something wrong.

For Hinata Regenerationn Negation (High), Law Manipulation and Space-Time Manipulation should be for her second key, everything else for her first key.

By the way, shouldn't Rimuru gain Resistance to Space-Time Manipulation due to becoming able to block Spirit Particles with his Absolute Defense after absorbing Melt Slash and analysing it?

Was he able to block it with Absolute Barrier though? Only remember him being able to predict it despite its random motion.

He became able to USE Meltslash himself (he should actually get Space-Time Attack too, not just the resistance) and he was able to block the Trinity Disintegration that also relies on Spirit Particles.

《Warning. Reactions from Spirit Particles have intensified. Main attack incoming.》

Oh yeah, so that was not the main attack.

ÒÇîÒÇîÒÇîWe shall end you now, Demon Lord! Trinity Disintegration!ÒÇìÒÇìÒÇì Damn! I don't think ÒÇîGluttony King BeelzebubÒÇì will make through this one.

《Answer. No problem. Activate ÒÇîAbsolute DefenseÒÇì of Ultimate SkillÒÇîCovenant King UrielÒÇì? YES/NO》

Oh, as expected from Raphael!
Of course I would choose YES, eh?
I suddenly have a strange feeling.
As I was concerned over it, the ÒÇîAbsolute DefenseÒÇì of ÒÇîCovenant King UrielÒÇì were activated for the first time. I feel as though my skin is being covered by a thin layer of transparent membrane.
With this layer of membrane——ÒÇîAbsolute DefenseÒÇì as blockade,ÒÇîTrinity DisintegrationÒÇì is completely countered.

[...]

ÒÇîSpirit ParticleÒÇì is the special particle that makes up magicule, its motion is extremely hard to predict. The spirit particles can move through the barrier of space and time. The principle that governs these random phase changes——The law of natural motion inÒÇîSpirit ParticleÒÇì——If not decoded, even my ÒÇîAbsolute DefenseÒÇìwould be penetrated.
But right now, my ÒÇîAbsolute DefenseÒÇì has perfectly defended against ÒÇîTrinity DisintegrationÒÇì.
So how did Raphael-san so perfectly predict the movement ofÒÇîSpirit ParticlesÒÇì?
《Answer. The attack just now——ÒÇîMelt SlashÒÇì was canceled byÒÇîGluttony King BeelzebubÒÇìand engaged by ÒÇîPreyÒÇì at the same time. The information gathered then was successful in analyzing the random motion of ÒÇîSpirit ParticlesÒÇì. That is why defense mechanism was able to predict the attack of holy-element. In addition, you've obtained Holy Sword technique ÒÇîMelt SlashÒÇì.》
~ LN vol. 7 - ch. 6​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back