• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Pre-Harvest Festival Upgrades

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Rimuru

He should have Speed of Light attack speed with Megiddo.

"I could control the beams of light like second nature. The key was in the angle of refraction. You could fire all you wanted for the barest minimum of energy. Focusing your heat source on a single point cooked it up to several thousand degrees, and that was more than enough to take down a man or two. Once I grasped the concept, I could always strike from the most optimal angle whenever I wanted. There's a slight time lag to deal with, but we're essentially talking the speed of light, so you can't dodge it once you see it. I could fire it from six thousand miles away, and it'd still take about 0.034 seconds to find its target. Far faster than a human being could obtain the visual information and transmit it via the nervous system to their brain."

Rimuru should have Soul Manipulation with Mericiless:

"Sadly, there was no point in pleading now. My normally generous heart had been fully drawn over by the scrawls of rage. And I had just happened to finish analyzing that Merciless skill I got. Turned out it allowed me to seize the souls of anyone begging for their lives or seeking help from me. In other words, if they ever lost the will to fight, it meant death for them. It didn't seem to have a vast range of uses, really, but something told me it'd help out a bunch right now.

Also Death Manipulation? Glutton is a combo of his predator and Geld's Ravenous, Ravenous has Chaos Eater which can harm the spirit:

"By its very nature, Chaos Eater bit its way through everything—damaging not only Shogo's material body but his spiritual one as well. The unique skill Survivor was capable of regenerating all bodily systems, but a life-form's spiritual needs were beyond its feature set. Indeed, before Geld's unrelenting attack, it was only a matter of time before Shogo's frail spirit was against the ropes."

The spirit has been explained as the storage area for memories:

"A soul is a consciousness, by definition, but that alone didn't provide the consciousness any way to express itself. It still needed an astral body to operate upon and begin the thought process—but that wasn't enough, either, since any thoughts produced would just dissipate into the wind. That's where the spiritual body came in, to record and keep those thoughts captive. Even that was still a virtual memory, though, not any kind of permanent storage—and so we come to the material body. If one had enough mental fortitude, they could recover all their memories even if their brain was permanently damaged. The fact that you saw spiritual life-forms among the monsters was proof enough of that. But if the spirit is damaged, that likely wounds the astral body deeply, even if the brain is left intact. If that wound reaches the soul, resurrection is no longer possible."

Also spirit has also been said to be the base to build upone internal force:

"As the Great Sage explained, there were three types of topological forms in the world: astral bodies, the weakest form that surrounds the soul; spiritual bodies, which can form a base upon which to build one's internal force; and material bodies, those directly connected with this world."

Don't know might also be Mind Manipulation, this also applies to Hinata and Geld

His range should be Tens of Kilometers with Anti-Magic Barrier:

"I deployed a large-scale magic circle, big enough to cover the entire Farmus force. It was powered by Anti-Magic Area, a great magic I'd picked up from Mjurran. It was about thirty miles in diameter, and it couldn't have been more perfectly positioned. It covered the entire atmosphere up to ten feet above the ground, cutting the area off from the sky and the earth. Now the enemy could cast no magic. All of this was just to prevent the force from fleeing. I didn't want to let a single one of them go, so I blocked any chance of their magically teleporting away. "

This Anti-Magic Barrier prevents the use of magic, Rimuru already has power nullification though, this ability is said to rewrite the laws of the world so Rimuru should have Law Manipulation:

""What's going on, Gruecith?" With a beautiful, lilting voice, the spell unfurled itself—and the laws of the world began to be rewritten. Yohm and Gruecith were already powerless to stop it. If they could, the only real way would be to kill her. And if that happened, she was okay with it. But she simply had to complete this spell."

Benimaru
Should have Resistance to Poison Manipulation

""This isn't funny, my lord! I have been testing her new creations so long that I've developed Resist Poison recently, too…"

Hakurou
Should have Resistance to Sleep Manipulation

""No. I doubt it would make any difference." The final spell was Sleep Mist, her trump card. Putting Hakuro fully to sleep was likely impossible, but if she could slow his thought process just a bit as he locked swords with Gruecith, that would provide just the chip in the armor into which to potentially drive the sword of victory. Even if it didn't, Mjurran figured the surprise factor would throw off his game."

He should have Resistance to Spatial Manipulation, since he deflected Kyoya's attack which can rip through anything:

""What… What did you just do, old man?!" "Hmm. Interesting. You weren't able to see it? Then I suppose you're just a second-rate fighter or worse." "…What?" "'Second-rate or worse' is what I said. I can fully keep up with your sword style, and frankly, I couldn't find it more childish." "Don't mess with me, you senile piece of shit!" Kyoya lost his cool, eyes wide open. That was why he couldn't notice. His Severer blade, capable of ripping through anything, had been fully deflected by Hakuro—and now, he had to accept that."

Hinata
Should have Soul Manipulation', her astral bind can bind the astral body the vessel of the soul:

""Astral Bind!" A skill that restricted the astral body, the vessel of the soul, instead of the material one. It still couldn't stop the Glutton.'

Should have Relativistic+ attack speed with Disintegration:

""Let me provide you a prayer to the divine. I hope and desire for the power of the holy spirits. Listen to my appeal and overcome all in your way! Disintegration!!" The request, delivered in Hinata's beautiful voice, was granted. The resulting show of force was literally divine, enough to crush all physical and spiritual presences within its defined space. It was the ultimate in targeted, destructive magic, emitting flashes of white light as it poured from Hinata's hands to the circle. It sped out at thousands of miles per hour, almost at light speed, as its holy power made cells and souls vanish without a trace. "

Disintegration makes cells and soul vanish so she should also have Soul Manipulation and Biological Manipulation

Speed Upgrades
Hakurou, Souei, Shion etc, should be Supersonic, Hakurou is stated to be supersonic:

""Not again…" He groaned as he sunk into the ground. Yohm joined him shortly—not to rescue him, exactly, but the real reason didn't matter much anymore. Hakuro was just too fast. Before Yohm could even stick the follow-through, Gobta was down and Hakuro was behind him. "Whoa?! I didn't even see—" "Fools." One strike later, Yohm was down. If the liquefaction trick didn't work, the original idea called for Yohm and Gobta to distract their foe while Gruecith snuck in a surprise attack. That proved a similar waste of time. Before Gruecith even realized what Yohm wanted him to do, Hakuro had defeated both his teammates. And, in the midst of all this, Mjurran looked on at this beautiful demonstration of athletic ability. It required Magic Sense; the naked eye couldn't keep up fast enough to let her understand what was going on. And she wasn't just looking. She had the spell cast in advance to keep her magic-born roots a secret. Still… If you're going to challenge a foe who requires Magic Sense just to keep your eyes on him, the only thing that'd work is ranged magic covering a wider area. That wasn't available here, so this was over before it began. Really, any magic that required casting time wouldn't do a thing against a target coursing at supersonic speed. For a wizard, tackling a foe like that would require racking several spells in advance, chanting them beforehand so they could be summoned with a deftly woven trigger during battle. That, or using Cast Cancel."

Gobta should have supersonic attack speed:

""Let's give 'em a show!" shouted Gobta as he drew his dagger and held its scabbard in his left hand. The starwolf he was on leaped forward, and then he jumped off his mount's back, somersaulting once in the air. Steadying his aim with his scabbard, he launched a Case Cannon strike upon the head of the most important-looking knight in the crowd. Easily surging past the speed of sound, the two-centimeter-wide iron balls landed a direct hit. There was a soft zwing! sound as the knights behind the targeted captain were bathed in blood…then a thud as he collapsed to the ground."

Hakurou easily stomped Kyoya who is said to be 300x faster than normal:

"Gobta drew his dagger and lowered himself for combat. Kyoya did the same, sword straight ahead of his eyes. He was a talent in kendo, and his unique skill—known as Severer—was focused entirely on slicing and dicing. It was backed by his natural-born fencing talents and the extra skill All-Seeing Eye. The skill allowed him to fully grasp the situation around him, as if watching the action from a video game's camera perspective. It blasted this information straight into his eyes, boosting his reaction time—and thanks to Mind Accelerate, he could recognize and address threats three hundred times faster than normal."

Even assuming the average speed a human can move, this should make Hakurou, Shion, Benimaru etc Supersonic+

I am iffy on it too that's why i said idk.

The spiritual body records and keep thoughts captive, damage the spiritual body and obviously the person won't be able to think or have memories, seems like some form of mind manipulation and memory manipulation.

Celestial Pegasus said:
I am iffy on it too that's why i said idk.
The spiritual body records and keep thoughts captive, damage the spiritual body and obviously the person won't be able to think or have memories, seems like some form of mind manipulation and memory manipulation.
Seems more like a verse exclusive thing that is based on the fact the the spiritual bodies contain persons memories in Tensei Shitara Slime, I doubt it would effect the memory of another verses character if you attacked their soul unless through equalisation or because souls work that way in their verse

Shouldn't Rimuru and Hinata scale speedwise too?

Also pre-harvest festival Rimuru and Hakurou should possibly get Stealth Mastery and Rimuru himself should get Resistance to Spatial Manipulation and also Spatial Manipulation.

For Stealth Mastery (Rimuru and Hakurou):

This time, though, it was like… Holy crap. That bit of insurance I took out at the start wound up saving my hide, but man, talk about a hairbreadth. When I was locked up in that Holy Field, that put me at one hell of a disadvantage. Trying to hold my own in combat there, with no idea who I was fighting or how strong they were, would've been idiotic.
Realizing that, I created a Replication and got my core slime self the hell out of there. My human-form Replication was a full magical corpus of sorts, created by slapping a whole bunch of magicules together; it couldn't move too quickly, but it was a small price to pay if my "main" body could escape. Looking at it that way, it was a small miracle I kept that corpus going as long as I did. I wanted to pat myself on the back. That's how rough that Holy Field was.
But hey, at least I made it. Now I was kinda glad I'd treated Hakuro's training in the Formhide skill so seriously. If that lady Hinata had considered the possibility of a Replication in the mix, it would've been all over… But I guess she wasn't that wary of me. Few people would be. And that wound up saving my life.
~ LN vol. 5​
A reminder for the Formhide Art:

Formhide, which forced your opponent to lose sight of you.
[...]
I definitely wanted to learn about Formhide, which Magic Sense was apparently powerless against. My human form gave me normal sight, but if I hadn't had that, I would've been wide open to that attack back there. As they put it, the Art begins by suppressing your sound, then your smell, then your temperature, then your spirit—and once you reach that level, you no longer even disturbed the magicules around you.

For Spatial Manipulation:

"Whoa, these are some serious slash wounds! Why don't we just use these…"
I whipped some potion out of my pocket and sprinkled it on both of them. Nothing in particular happened in the healing department.
"I apologize," Rigurd said, lowering his head. "We have already made the attempt. I'm afraid we will have to rely on Shuna's care…"
As leader of our nation, I had to decide on our future direction. I was also responsible for handling the remaining resident visitors from other countries. That's why Rigurd didn't want to worry me further.
Hakuro, despite looking like he stepped off a horror movie set, still gave me a smile. "Nh… Do not concern yourself about me, Sir Rimuru. I am fine. This injury was likely brought about by a skill invoked by the attackers. In time, the skill's effects will fade, and I will heal up then. Gobta is a well-trained apprentice of mine; he won't die like a dog over something like this."
I should've expected nothing less from him. It almost made me cry, but I held it back and returned the smile. No way the master of all these monsters could show tears to anyone.
"Ha-ha! Well, glad to see your spirits are high, at least. Let me see this wound. Maybe I can do something about it."
I checked over his body.
"Sir Rimuru," Shuna said, "the wound is caused by an air-type attack. We need to keep him stable and full of stamina until it heals naturally over time."
She had already used her Parser skill to figure out what was up with him. I was of the same opinion as her; it sounded like the right thing.
Air type, though? That sounded like something I might be able to harness for myself. I've already analyzed a high-level spirit. Let's see if this works…

Understood. The effects of the air element have been confirmed. Use Glutto to acquire this effect?
Yes
No

The Great Sage followed through more than I expected. I thought YES and sprinkled some more potion on Hakuro's wound.
"Oh… Ohhh! Amazing, Sir Rimuru…"

~ LN vol. 5​
Keep in mind that "Air"-element = "Space"-element. Seems to be a translation issue. It was shown in vol. 4 previously where Rimuru obtained "Spatial Motion" through analysing Alice's "Air-element Spirit". There is also a proper "Wind"-element, so be careful about differentiating between the two.

Well obviously rimuru and hinata scale, but it's too much to list who scales hence the etc.

The other stuff is fine.

Perhaps also resistance to holy manipulation for all stronger monsters? Rimuru was able to even remotely control and maintain his replication within the superior holy barrier, after all.

Also barriers seem to grant resistance to power nullifcation (anti-magic, more precisely) created from both holy power in the case of Prison Field (4 key points that Rimuru's troops attack) as well as Myulan's Great Magic.

Barriers also grant resistance to Spatial Manipulation, based on how even weak civilians can survive a mass teleport as long as they are covered in a barrier.

And of course I forgot to say that I agree with all the changes mentioned. Don't see anything to object to.

@Everything I guess, Rimuru and Geld should just get death manipulation then for being able to kill ppl by attacking their spiritual bodies which forms their internal force.

@Neo Resistance to holy manipulation is fine.

I thought they couldn't use their magic inside Myulan's barrier?

Understood. The effects of Great Magic: Anti-Magic Area are detected, albeit with a reduction in magicule density. It runs on the same principle as Holy Field but is not uniform in composure, some areas being less dense than others. It is impure, likely an inferior version. Anyone inside it will be affected, but the effects can be resisted with Multilayer Barrier.
~ LN vol. 5​
This also means that either Rimuru's barrier is superior to the barriers of the Falmas army and/or that his anti-magic area is superior to Myulan's, since having a barrier did not help the attack falmas armies against the anti-magic effect.

As I've mentioned in the edit, the barriers did not help the Falmas army against Rimuru's version of anti-magic area, so Rimuru's barrier is superior to Falmas' barriers and/or Rimuru's anti-magic area is superior to Myulan.

EDIT: The Falmas army uses multilayer barriers too, yet Rimuru's anti-magic area still affects them.

Gobta also gained posion resistance from her cooking and Rimuru was contemplating giving her cooking to the orcs so they could gain resist poison, so Shion's cooking is legit poison.

Benimaru should be upgraded to High 7-A:

""I have no concern about your chances, Benimaru, but it'll be you operating solo against nearly a hundred knights. If you sense any danger—" "Sir Rimuru, there is no need for worry. It is a given that I will—" "You don't have to go easy on them, keep in mind." "Heh. In that case, victory is assured." No worries about him, either. Among our group, only I was stronger than him, and he had the skills needed to handle large numbers at once."

Geld could also get an upgrade to 7-A, but it depends on how the words are interpreted:

Shogo clung to the sorcerer's back. Razen replied with a nod before returning his eyes to Geld and Hakuro. "Well, well, well. No wonder our otherworlders weren't enough to secure victory. I find it hard to believe, but you are both A-ranked and a calamity-level threat. I do not like our prospects. Time to fall back for now."
So did he refer to "both being A-ranked and a calamity-level threat", or was he saying that Geld is an A-rank and that Hakurou is calamity-level?

It's probably the latter though since calamity is "Special A". Although the translators messed up some of these threat levels previously. It would be worth it to check the RAWs at one point.

Think it's referring to both of them being a calamity threat there. Though obviously Hakurou is stronger.

Gabil probably scales to Geld as well.

Well, I guess. They might be around Ifrit level at this point, as time passed after all, i.e. "7-A". I checked the RAWs (was easy since the passage was right next to an illustration) and it indeed says Calamity-level there. But that'd only be baseline, i.e. 7-A, or around Ifrit level.

I feel the need to remind that there were some grammar choice errors in a few places with the rankings such as claiming Veldora and Rimuru as Calamity class when the Japanese LN used Catastrophe I believe so make sure to cross reference when you can. There was more mention on this in the old thread.

In the instance that was relevant for this thread (Razen talking to Geld and Hakurou) I already ascertained that it's indeed the correct threat level used by the translation.

NeoSuperior said:
In the instance that was relevant for this thread (Razen talking to Geld and Hakurou) I already ascertained that it's indeed the correct threat level used by the translation.
Ah ok. I'm also glad we got some clarification on what Law Manipulation was.

This law manipulation is different from what Rimuru gains later, this one is used to create a barrier to nullify abilities, his other one as an awakened demon lord is different.

So, can we go ahead with the changes?

I wanna get to making anunbis's profile, she is pretty haxed.

Btw speaking of anunbis, her skills of Dimensional Manipulation and Dimensional Transportation, i am thinking are supposed to be space manipulation and spatial motion, Souei got Spatial Motion from Rimuru, in vol 6 the skill they use to teleport is Dimensionsal Transportation however, i think it's the same skill translated differently.

So in summary:

Rimuru:

• Attack Speed: Speed of Light with Megiddo(NEW)
  • P&A: Soul Manipulation with Mercyless(NEW)
  • P&A: Death Manipulation with Glutton
    • Scaled from Orc King Geld's Chaos Eater being able to damage spiritual bodies
  • Range: Tens of Kilometers
    • Rimuru deployed a magic circle with radius of about 15 miles (= 24.14 km) for Anti-Magic Area(NEW), and was able to observe anything within
  • P&A: Law Manipulation with Anti-Magic Area(NEW)
  • P&A: Power Nullification with Anti-Magic Area(NEW)
    • Already included, but enhances it further
  • P&A: Resistance to Law Manipulation with Multilayer Barrier
  • P&A: Resistance to Power Nullification with Multilayer Barrier
  • Movement Speed: Supersonic+ through scaling with Hakurou's feat
  • P&A: Stealth Mastery with Formhide Art(NEW)
    • successfully hid himself from Hinata
  • P&A: Spatial Manipulation and Resistance to Spatial Manipulation through analysis of the "air/void/space" element.
    • This might be the reason why Rimuru is later able to "eat" space with Beelzbuth in LN vol. 6
Benimaru:

• AP: High 7-A through being evaluated as stronger than Hakurou who is High 7-A
  • P&A: Resistance to Poison Manipulation through Shion's cooking
Hakurou:

Hinata:

Geld (Orc King):

• AP: 7-A (considered Calamity-level threat, scales to Ifrit who is half as weak as Orc Disaster Geld)
  • P&A: Death Manipulation with Chaos Eater
Geld (Orc Disaster):

Gabiru:

• AP: 7-A (scales to Geld (Orc King))
Gobta:

• Attack Speed: Supersonic with Case Cannon
Souei, Shio, Ranga, Gazel Dwargo and possibly some others:

Anything more to add? Also what do you think about the "POSSIBLY" here? Can they be accepted?

EDIT: Removed the mind manipulation aspect of damaging spiritual bodies, since it was rejected.

EDIT2: Added Benimaru's AP upgrade and finalized the range upgrade for Rimuru.

Think we already rejected mind manipulation due to harming spiritual bodies above due to it being specific to slime.

But Rimuru was able to set up the magic circle that affected the entire area (I understood it in the sense that the circle itself covered the whole area), i.e. Control Magic - and he was also able to watch the entire battlefield with his Magic Sense. I doubt the area he contained was more than 3x of the area where the soldiers were contained in.

Size of the magic circle:

I deployed a large-scale magic circle, big enough to cover the entire Farmus force. It was powered by Anti-Magic Area, a great magic I'd picked up from Mjurran. It was about thirty miles in diameter, and it couldn't have been more perfectly positioned. It covered the entire atmosphere up to ten feet above the ground, cutting the area off from the sky and the earth. Now the enemy could cast no magic.
This means that he covered it at about the size of the army. There is no indication that he made it much greater than that. Also he'd obviously need the range to "create" the parts of the magic circle that are at least 15 miles (= 24.14 km) away from him. I don't understand how he can supposedly both be in range with his control abilities (Control Magic) to create parts of the magic circle that far away, but at the same time, somehow not (if range is not above 10 kilometers).

As for magic sense:

The soundless bolts of light-speed force offered the knights no chance to react as they toasted them. The massacre went on. Magic Sense gave me a perfect picture of their locations, letting me strike them right where they were most vulnerable. The only thing their barrier obstructed was magicules, so I luckily had a clear view of them all.

Magic Sense allowed him to see the entire force and he was picking off soldiers with megiddo, yea think just Tens of Kilometers is fine for his range.

OK the summary above should be complete now. Anything wrong or missing, or can we apply everything as is stated there?

Back