• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheska444 said:
immeasurable via skill huh? what's the difference, immeasurable means immeasurable right?.
If it was a skill that said "you can freely move fowards and backwards in time in a way you want" there wouldn't be a difference. But his Time Warp can only "teleport" in time, what is a bit more limited. Being with a full immesurable speed will have a little advantage. Especially considering that there could be a being with immesurable thinking speed (mabye Bad Wolf from Doctor Who), who can "blitz" his infinite thinking speed.

can't rimuru simply synthesize his infinite speed movement n time warp? I don't think it'd be that big of a deal . even still, unless rimuru doesn't have infinite speed feat, I think the result is pretty much the same thing, rimuru's immeasurable feat is solid . I don't get with this immeasurable thinking.., isn't that classified as nigh omniscient or smthn?

Sheska444 said:
can't rimuru simply synthesize his infinite speed movement n time warp? I don't think it'd be that big of a deal .
even still, unless rimuru doesn't have infinite speed feat, I think the result is pretty much the same thing, rimuru's immeasurable feat is solid . I don't get with this immeasurable thinking.., isn't that classified as nigh omniscient or smthn?
There is a difference between what he could do and what he did. This wiki operates on feat-based system that while often undersells real abilities of characters, protects form real BS happening during discussions, like Saitama's one punch.

While aquiring full immesurable MOVEMENT speed wouldn't be imopssible for Rimuru, it's not the default.

Whie immesurable movement speed is movement independent of time, then immesurable thinking speed should be thought process independent of time, like remembering your future/futures, or beeing constantly aware of every event in your timeline, different from nigh omniscience in that it doesnt allow you to know anythng that wouldn't happen to you, so a different ability. (At least that's what I conclude based on definition.)

I just read chap 50, n umm.. it seems like there's another potential dreamBoat confirmed guys! myormiles X rimuru , anyone ? Òâ¢(´¢ÇÒâ╗¤ëÒâ╗´)ÒéØ Òâ¢(´¢ÇÒâ╗¤ëÒâ╗´)ÒéØ

Even now, an official design for the orc lord isn't up on the official site, that's disappointing.

The manga broke Koudansha's own record of monthly digital sales after the anime aired. The previous record holder was attack on titan.

Celestial Pegasus said:
The manga broke Koudansha's own record of monthly digital sales after the anime aired. The previous record holder was attack on titan.
Maybe thats why they update 2 chapter/month and season 2 Will not just a dream

Celestial Pegasus said:
Dayum, Slime's that good??

Slime was in the top 10 most sold manga series for 2018, which is unusal cause i don't recall any manga adaptations of a light novel selling that good.

So yea it's that good, slime sells extremely well, even before the anime came out, the manga always sold good.

Maybe thats why they update 2 chapter/month and season 2 Will not just a dream

There's a guy on the TenseiSlime Reddit who posts information about the series and it's been doing so well sales wise, that Season 2 is pretyy much a guarantee with it just being a matter of when. Seriously, Celestial Pegasus was slightly off. It was 10th, but not in manga sales(9th), but in terms of highest selling franchise for 2018. Those are absurd numbers to be pulling in.

Manga Stats: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-29/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2018/.140163

Franchise Stats: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-12-19/top-selling-media-franchises-in-japan-2018/.141064

I just said it was in the top 10, not 10th but yea tensei sells extremely good.

The manga is releasing double chapters every month now,, so pretty sure they plan on continuing with the manga being the primary source for the anime, so we will probably have to wait for the manga to get further ahead before a season 2.

Celestial Pegasus said:
I just said it was in the top 10, not 10th but yea tensei sells extremely good.

The manga is releasing double chapters every month now,, so pretty sure they plan on continuing with the manga being the primary source for the anime, so we will probably have to wait for the manga to get further ahead before a season 2.
Ah ok. Sorry if it came off like I was knocking on you or something. The Top 10 thing threw me off a bit due to its dual placement and yeah it sells VERY well on top of making stupid amounts of kiney according to the source guy on Reddit so a Season is VERY much coming. It's just a matter of when.

So..., I'm reading until chapter 165, but in chapter 159, 160 and 164 and I found something interesting that caught my attention (in Spanish it's something different from the beginning but it's the same, I'll put it anyway):

https://imgur.com/a/q4ENDwm

In Spanish

https://imgur.com/a/gkazBA4

in the translator's notes this puts in CH: 159:

https://imgur.com/a/SboS7Mx I do not know if later they will explain more about this type of magic / attack, but from what I read I can understand one thing.

A magic that at a specific point in the area / space creates an immense gravity / pressure, and the user does not finish it in time creates a mini-Black Hole / Supernova and the "thing is explicit".

Taking this, could it be considered that, whoever uses this type of magic will give him the comparable level of attack when destroying a star / solar system (High 5-A to 4B only and exclusively with this magic)? but at a very specific point (I mean, a concentrated attack)?

This is not the first time I've seen a work in which its characters have an attack, magic, whatever it is capable of damaging beings far superior to their general level or a high level that requires time to perform or or that are capable to use a skill above their level or all 3 examples together.

What do you think of this? it's just my opinion / observation.

Gravity collapse creates a gravity zone that if left unchecked would eventually create a small black hole, it never happened though, don't really think it's worth putting a rating on it.

You could give carrera a "potentially" rating with gravity collapse but meh, plus black holes need to be a certain size to be like High 4-C, don't think just a "small blackhole" cuts it for being that.

Black/Dark Lightning has various degress of what it's speed is supposed to be, veldora's journal says it's supersonic, the light novel actually says it's ftl, and in the anime we have ranga using it to call down lightning from the clouds.

Not sure what to rate it has.

Ranga's was described in a more complex way than Rimuru's. The latter was stated to be capable of controlling the lightning directly while the former has to go a roundabout way just to generate one (manipulating friction, atmospheric pressure, etc) on top of having cloud-to-ground depiction in medias that were mostly visual rather than text.

Giving a varied speed rating to it isn't really that much of a stretch considering even within canon, the level of power one have directly correlate to the black lightning's speed. Whatever speed rating Ranga's black lightning could get will also be applicable to Rimuru's, but the reverse doesn't hold true because Rimuru>Ranga. It's not that complex

I'd go with LN as it's the primary source. I'll need to read Veldora's diaries again since I'm making info dumps for the series anyway.

Well obviously ranga's black lightning scales to rimuru, and we can say mhs+ attack speed makes sense cause we got a visual representation of the ability coming from the clouds.

So i don't think it's just supersonic it's easy mhs+, all the veldora diary said was it's faster than sound.

The FTL statement came from the first time rimuru used black lightning, this was before he even got control particles, ranga later got the same black lightning skill, so i think ranga scales.

Don't really have a problem with accepting it as FTL.

Celestial Pegasus said:
So i don't think it's just supersonic it's easy mhs+, all the veldora diary said was it's faster than sound.
Well if he just said that, I don't see a problem ranking it higher, as "faster than sound" doesn't contradict anything.

I've seen this author kind of downplay his characters by giving a lot of vague estimates like this. It feels like the author doesn't want the novel sounding like a "How strong can I make my characters" novel.

All is usually said about speed is "faster than sound", ie black lightning, ie rimuru, ie hinata, the word supersonic has never been used in the light novel or manga, so i don't think it contradicts anything as well, it's used in the web novel in the later arcs but not relevant for this case with the black lightning.

Fuse has downplayed the characters indeed though, like when it was stated veldora had 1000x the magicules as ifrit which is astronomically wrong considering feats.

Depends if you want massive spoilers.

I did tell you this is a lighthearted story but it has it's dark moments after all.

Very Good

pant.. pant.. damn.. all of a sudden , Im having trouble breathing here.. what a frkn awesome fanart! will the original be able to surpass the fake ? Idk lol

It's less the author downplaying their own novel and more them being not aware of some contradictions that they occasionally wrote. They dont write these to be analyzed under the context of a vs debate. The phrase faster than sound being a very popular phrase to use amongst authors doesn't really help either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back