• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Question: Won't Resurrection (Has the power and nature of a True Dragon, thus even if he dies or his conceptual self is destroyed, he will resurrect; however the resurrected Rimuru, will be an entirely different Rimuru) and Perfect Memory EX be a factor against Conceptual Manipulation (Type 3) in this vs thread?

Don't care much for rimuru vs threads anymore, he is being spammed too much.

And no perfect memories allows the user to retain memories after death, death =/= being erased conceptually.

When rimuru dies, his soul dies and a new rimuru with a new soul is born, it's not the same person, and perfect memories will not help with that, and even if he got the memories, rimuru would still be dead, it would just be a new rimuru with the memories of the old, but again an entirely different soul.

Thanks for the response. I wonder, assuming Rimuru keep his memories, would the resurrection be incap because by definition it sounds like Immortality Type 4.

4: Immortality via reincarnation or Resurrection: Characters that are immortal because, whenever they die, they will simply reincarnate within another body or resurrect themselves at a later point in time.

┬»\_(ÔèÖ_╩ûÔèÖ)_/┬»

It's weird, it's rimuru but at the same time isn't rimuru.

He will resurrect as a different person but will still seek to accomplish the same objectives.

Even if he kept his memories it will still be a different rimiuru just with the old ones memories, the old one would still be dead.

so does that mean satoru mikami and rimuru are two different person? I mean, satoru did reincarnate once right? satoru legit ded n reincarnated into another body (slime body) and became rimuru, is that how reincarnation works? I don't get with this rimuru being ain't rimuru, rimuru is immortal cause his soul can "regen" can't it?

What does satoru have to do with this? Rimuru has never died in the first place, so what is being discussed is purely hypothetical.

Rimuru and satoru are the same person, i was just saying if rimuru did die, he would ressurect, but as an entirely different person because it would be rimuru yes but with a different soul and memories cause veldora who is also a true dragon, forgot stuff from the past cause he has died and ressurected before.

Perfect memories only allows you to keep memories after death, however it has never been shown to keep memories after the person is erased conceptually, dying and being erased conceptually are two entirely different things, so i think rimuru won't keep his memories and even if he did still wouldn't change the fact that this is a new rimuru with a different soul.

If Rimuru Died conceptually he reborn with new soul but same ability, it is safe to say he can keep his memory because Perfect Memory Ex and Ciel.

He already has that.

Edit: If you're referring to rimuru's 7-C key, he doesn't scale. If he did his speed would not be subsonic but hypersonic+.

That key of rimuru is before he became an awakened demon lord, and while he was superior to his subordinates, it wasn't like a massive gap, and then his subordinates got a power up afterwards, of course along with rimuru who became 6-A, but whatever.

The point is gobuta has that resistance cause he can unite with ranga, and that version of ranga>7-C rimuru.

Gobuta should have a base key but he doesn't really have any feats there so i didn't bother, likewise all rimuru's subordinates should also have a key for pre-harvest festival, but meh.

Fanart of shion's cooking

Shion's cooking

Also new manga chapter is out, seems rimuru is gonna fight a dragon, and presumely again get stronger and more skills, the ln really is buffing him.

Celestial Pegasus said:
I have exams this week, but i'm procrastinating lol
I have to make a textbook for elementary school to high school and I will not get a holiday until it's finished shiet man

Some info about LN differences from reddit:

Rimuru himself is op af in WN most of the time.

LN power balancing and some spoilers.

1) Nerf - Rimuru growth speed. He still can't move in time stop. Nerfing its growth speed also in turns nerfed all underlings with the exceptions of Deamon and Zegion.

2) Boost - Daemon. Introduced Primordial of Daemon. 7 Daemons from the beginning of time, undefeated, and forms the 7 Daemon factions. Diablo (noir), Testarossa (blanc), Carrera (jaune), Ultima (violet), Misery (vert), Rain (bleu), Guy Crimson (rouge). Misery and Rain are Guy's maids, yea those 2 got powered up to BS level of OPness.

LN vol. 13 ranking of Daemon +1: Guy > Zegion >= Diablo >= Testar >= Carrera = Ultima >= Misery = Rain. The >= here means just a higher chance of winning and can still lose. The > means 100% will win. These 7 individuals are the top of magic mastery.

Diablo (and Zegion) is questionably stronger than Rimuru in a fair fight, currently.

3) Boost - Demon Lords. All 1st and 2nd generations are True Demon Lords or equals in power (not direct fighting power) by the time Rimuru was born. 3rd generation with the exception of Leon are all less powerful than Rimuru by the time he joins the rank. Leon equals to True Demon Lord class.

4) Boost - Hinata and humanity. Hinata herself had solo'd to 100/F in 3 days (1 day relaxing at 95/F) and lost to Veldora after a prolonged battle (which she kindly pays/paid it back 300+ years ago). She is the respected teacher of the kids and dungeon bosses too. There are other characters (new and old) of humanity that overpowered Hinata. What is wrong with humanity.

5) Rimuru can die and have died (different timelines) by the hands of different characters. At least 2 instant death moments (3 with Guy just for fun) survived due to pure luck and somebody helped.

6) Nerfed - Yuki. No "Alpha Master". Gave him a different backstory, somewhat progressive goals, and character growth every time he is defeated and/or when his plans foiled. He actually turned down the offer from that thing, and told it to stfu foff.

1) Nerf- This accounts for all volumes currently out? I mean judging by the cover of the volumes, it's only at the empire invades arc, rimuru didn't get time stop resistance in the wn until the tenma great war arc, so not really a differencw. Zegion and daemon being buffed is interesting though.

2) Boost- I like this change, makes daemon more special.

LN vol. 13 ranking of Daemon +1- Interesting.

Diablo (and Zegion) is questionably stronger than Rimuru in a fair fight, currently- What exactly does fair fight mean in this context? Seems food chain isn't a thing in the ln though. Have no problems with rimuru being more balanced though.

3) Boost - Demon Lords. Interestig

4) Boost - Hinata and humanity. Holy shit that is a massive boost to hinata indeed, i like this.

5) Rimuru can die and have died (different timelines) by the hands of different characters. Like this too.

6) Nerfed - Yuki. Think this is better too, he was a bland villain in the wn.

Finished vol 4.

Pretty much the same as the wn, except there was no karion vs milim, also no explanation about the great spirits.

Hinata is definitely more broken, rimuru summoned ifrit and hinata was taking ifrit over from rimuru due to her usurper skill, so seems she doesn't even need to kill ppl to take their ability now.

There were several statements of rimuru and hinata being supersonic, shizue was apparently an A+ rank at her peak, and hinata easily surpasses her.

Well it's been nerfed then cause food chain pretty much makes it impossible for his subordinates to surpass him, and what was said above was that Diablo and Zegion are stronger than Rimuru.

Food chain in the wn makes him able to gain all his subordinates abilities, and the stronger they get, the stronger he gets, and it's impossible for them to surpass him.

So seems like a nerf to me, although it only says they are questionably stronger, so will just take it with a grain of salt atm.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Well it's been nerfed then cause food chain pretty much makes it impossible for his subordinates to surpass him, and what was said above was that Diablo and Zegion are stronger than Rimuru.
Food chain in the wn makes him able to gain all his subordinates abilities, and the stronger they get, the stronger he gets, and it's impossible for them to surpass him.

So seems like a nerf to me, although it only says they are questionably stronger, so will just take it with a grain of salt atm.
I don't remember anything about food chain saying that rimuru gets stronger when his subordinates get stronger, he does have his subordinates abilities, he already gained magic resistance from gabil when they evolved into dragonewts.

It was said, he gets power from them due to food chain:

"Moreover, Rimuru's current circumstances were important to consider. The evolutions of his subordinates were now proceeding much faster. Every one of them who were bonded to Rimuru by the soul, was granting power to him through 『Food Chain』. As more time passed, Rimuru's power only kept growing larger. Wisdom Lord Raphael, who maintained and ensured optimum usage of power, was now acting a support system for an all out assault. Accordingly, he converted all the abilities received from the subordinates into Energy, and provided it to Rimuru."

Also it was said his subordinates surpassing him wasn't an issue due to food chain:

"Now for Zegion. The strongest in the Labyrinth. His Energy was equal to that of Benimaru. His specialty in martial arts and ability to train one-to-one with Veldora made his level of power obvious. And the heights of his strength was shown clearly, as he beat the 7 strongest sent by the Imperial Army in the last battle. Now that I think about it, its like we're popping out Demon Lords left and right…… It couldn't be helped saying it was too much; the souls had been granted to six of them already, and 2 had even finished their evolution. There were those still in their Harvest Festivals, and I've been feeling their new power flowing in. Was it really ok to grant more souls? I was thinking, but my body had been greedily absorbing all the energy flowing in without problem. The process wasn't making them unstable, so there was no need to worry. I needed to bulk down and finish the job. Fear not, charge! was the feeling. How much stronger could Zegion get? The thought gave me goosebumps from excitement. He could end up surpassing me, but that wasn't an issue as long as I had 'Food Chain'. Let's look forward to it without worries."

It may just be that they can be stronger than him, just that over time he would surpass them.

It literally says Raphael converted all the abilities he had taken from his subordinates into energy.

Energy = Strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back