• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Teleportation & Vaporization

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
If a verse with Teleportation states that it leaves the original bodies vaporized, would that scale to AP for characters who can teleport themselves and others?

I don't know enough about the context with Beoumus, though if it's done by their own power, then maybe? It seems more like hax rather than AP in this instance though, if it was done via teleportation.

It was done through his own power. Granted, he doesn't really have another way to apply it to AP.

Even beyond Beomus specifically, if there were characters who could teleport, vaporizing the body, and could use that power source for AP-applicable abilities, would it scale there?

Yes but under 2 conditions:

1. If it's stated or implied that the vaporization requires actual energy and it's not just part of the mechanics that you're not supposed to ask about.

2. As you said, if they have a means of using the energy used into attacks.

Alright, makes sense. Thanks for the answers, this thread can prolly be closed now.

Not necessarily. They just need to demonstrably do it through their own power. The only issue here is whether it's done with their own power, or if it's done as just a byproduct of teleportation.

DarkGrath said:
Not necessarily. They just need to demonstrably do it through their own power. The only issue here is whether it's done with their own power, or if it's done as just a byproduct of teleportation.
That's what i mean with my 1st point, but this is better wording to be sure.

It's kind of unclear in this case actually, here's the statement. But I'd be happy with defaulting to it not scaling for them or other characters due to that ambiguity over whether it's power or mechanics.

If it's ambiguous, maybe a "possibly" rating would be justified?

I guess, that could be an idea for other characters who use Etheric offensively in other ways, but iirc they scale to much higher feats anyway.

Personally it seems more like mechanics.

What happened to our original bodies?

Oh vaporised. Immediately actually.

That seems to imply that the bodies vaporized the moment the teleport happened as a byproduct of the teleportation rather than something he personally did.

Back