• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team RWBY vs Space Marines

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Don't even know why I'm doing this. Probably because I finally started watching some episodes of RWBY and couldn't get this idea out of my head. Anyway, part of a tactical squad of Space Marines end up at Beacon Academy due to Warp mischief and mistake their new surroundings for some kind of Daemon World. Of course, somebody has to step in and stop them from wreaking havoc.

We'll say the Marines in question are Ultramarines due to being some of the most "vanilla". Anyway...

Round 1: Four man squad of marines vs Team RWBY. The squad only has access to their standard equipment. Ruby's Silver Eyes can't activate.

Round 2: Four man squad of marines vs Team RWBY. One member of the squad has a Flamer, Plasma Gun, Grav-Gun, or Melta. Ruby's Silver Eyes can activate.

Round 3: Four man squad of marines plus a captain vs Team RWBY. The Captain has a plasma pistol, a power sword, and artificer armor. One member of the squad has a Missile Launcher, Plasma Cannon, Multi-Melta, or Lascannon. Ruby's Silver Eyes can activate. If Team RWBY loses, the marines must instantly fight Team JNPR.

Rules:

Fights lasts until all members of the other side are unable to continue.

Each group starts half a km apart.

In character but willing to kill.

Fight takes place on the grounds of an otherwise empty Beacon Academy during the day.

Please give reasons for your vote.

well If the SpaceMarines have reactions in the Nanosecond range they have far superior reactions times to RWBY (like, 10,000s of times superior at least)

So I can see them stomping every round really

LordAizenSama said:
well If the SpaceMarines have reactions in the Nanosecond range they have far superior reactions times to RWBY (like, 10,000s of times superior at least)
So I can see them stomping every round really
It's a possibility, not a certainty. Some Space Marines have demonstrated those reactions, but it doesn't mean they all can, nor that all of them who can think and process info at that speed can move at it.

LordAizenSama said:
their reaction speed seems like a giant unknown part of this fight, I don't know who wins then.
At the very least, the absolute bottom of the barrel fodder space marines are hypersonic+. More highly trained and experienced ones get much faster, up to potentially processing and reacting to info in nanoseconds. However, that's for reeeeaallly highly trained marines.

Marines stomp Round 1. I am not so sure however, as I am only taking this from the wiki page itself. Judging from that however, I would say team RWBY would be completely anhilated.

Team RWBY would take Round 2. Silver Eyes works like time stop, (am an huge JoJo fan) and as an added bonus, it only stops what Ruby wants to stop. However, it is not clear what the full extent of Silver Eyes is or what it even did to the Dragon Grimm. So, I am not so certain about this one.

Given what I said above, if team RWBY is unable to beat the marines, Pyrrha's Semblance would wipe out the Marines' weaponry. so I'm giving this one to team JNPR for Round 3.

do we have an intel on what squad they face?

depending on it there are numerous "heroes" who most likely take it alone by feat

or you mean a standard no-name offpage squad?

RavenSupreme said:
do we have an intel on what squad they face?
depending on it there are numerous "heroes" who most likely take it alone by feat

or you mean a standard no-name offpage squad?
No-name marines, mostly. Didn't want to give them named character immunity, which is absolutely a thing in tons of 40k stories. lol

The only marine who would't be your run-of-the-mill vanilla no-name marine would be the captain in round 3.

well that means no protagonist feats and calculations. meaning the MHS+ to sub-rela calcs regarding their reaction speed are out of question. can you give a little intel on team rwbys stats and hax?

edit: regarding plotimmunity - do you remember gaunt and a handful of ghosts taking on an entire hitsquad of chaos marines? and gaunt power-swording through their captain? :D now thats what i call plotshield

Well, the only significant "hax" that would likely come into play would be dust, Silver Eyes (which Ruby can't fully control yet), and Yang's semblance (which would only apply to stuff like physical hits and maybe bolters, not stuff that would one-shot her, anyway). I think most of those should be under their "Notable Attacks" sections.

Yeah, that was some pretty hardcore plotshield in action, right there.

Pft.. Ultrasmurfs

but Tbh. This is more of the uh.. Even battles. I mean if you put them against Space Wolves or even Grey knights they'd be destroyed.

Anyway, If memory serves right (and Im not well versed in Space marine lore so frogive me) It stated somewhere that Astartes are capable of knowing where Eldar are, albeit there scanners have trouble.. Are there anyone in RWBY that can go really fast?

Back