• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TBATE Discussion Thread

“There was a low boom as I reached my top speed” chapter 378
Bairon’s speed should be Transonic
so white core art and some of the lances should be around that speed
some of the retainers could be around that speed too
Some Scythes could be around transonic or supersonic

Last edited:
There's now zero doubt about the validity of the black hole feat

Anyways
Infinite LS?
I had already tried increasing its gravity directly, which hadn't done anything, but thought maybe something a little more powerful might do the trick. Picking a point about halfway between us and the spy cloud, I focused all my energy into casting Singularity.

The black hole was too far from the shadow to affect it, but if the shadow just followed us in a straight line like it'd been doing so far...

We backed away from the perfect circle of pure darkness, no longer able to see our pursuer but hopeful it would stay on course. We made it a few hundred feet away before I had to let go of the spell, unable to support it from such a long way away.

Any more abilities?
Both for aldir and Asurans in general
Asura should also get all of the mana core (excluding integration) abilities as they do have a mana core + i think he should be Master swordsman and Master Hand to hand combatant (and also maybe we'll change the justifications for it) as he not only has 100s to 1000s years of experience over Taci who was beating the living shit out of Arthur in hand to hand and with a spear while Arthur in the very beginning was stated to be the strongest in his past world and we know he didn't get that title from pure ki power as he was lacking in that department and grown massively in skill in this life so it looks like this

Grey (Master swordsman and Expert hand to hand (through the fact that there's ki techniques for hand to hand)) -> Arthur (Master swordsman and Master hand to hand combatant (he increased in skill massively (especially in hand to hand as he learnt from asura themselves) and learned how to fight effectively against multiple opponents) -> Taci (Master spearmen and hand to hand combatant (Arthur said that he was in fact a superiorly trained fighter) -> Aldir (Master swordsman and hand to hand combatant (received the same training as Taci and more , has hundreds of years of experience over Taci).

P.S: Asuras didn't really show many abilities but i think Aldir can get Limited Non-physical interaction (through force-type mana arts asuras can break the mana itself) and Explosion manipulation (probably i don't really know how to describe this ability) by scaling above Taci with force-type mana arts.
Ch.379:
"Taci stopped attempting to resist the maelstrom of spells hitting him, his chest rising as he took a deep breath. One hand slowly came up, the fingers curling together. The mana all around him shivered, then he twisted his wrist sharply. There was a booming crack, and I felt the mana break.
Mica screamed, and from the corner of my eye, I saw her tumble out of the air like a bird struck by an arrow."

Asura should also get all of the mana core (excluding integration) abilities as they do have a mana core + i think he should be Master swordsman and Master Hand to hand combatant (and also maybe we'll change the justifications for it) as he not only has 100s to 1000s years of experience over Taci who was beating the living shit out of Arthur in hand to hand and with a spear while Arthur in the very beginning was stated to be the strongest in his past world and we know he didn't get that title from pure ki power as he was lacking in that department and grown massively in skill in this life so it looks like this

Grey (Master swordsman and Expert hand to hand (through the fact that there's ki techniques for hand to hand)) -> Arthur (Master swordsman and Master hand to hand combatant (he increased in skill massively (especially in hand to hand as he learnt from asura themselves) and learned how to fight effectively against multiple opponents) -> Taci (Master spearmen and hand to hand combatant (Arthur said that he was in fact a superiorly trained fighter) -> Aldir (Master swordsman and hand to hand combatant (received the same training as Taci and more , has hundreds of years of experience over Taci).

P.S: Asuras didn't really show many abilities but i think Aldir can get Limited Non-physical interaction (through force-type mana arts asuras can break the mana itself) and Explosion manipulation (probably i don't really know how to describe this ability) by scaling above Taci with force-type mana arts.
Ch.379:
"Taci stopped attempting to resist the maelstrom of spells hitting him, his chest rising as he took a deep breath. One hand slowly came up, the fingers curling together. The mana all around him shivered, then he twisted his wrist sharply. There was a booming crack, and I felt the mana break.
Mica screamed, and from the corner of my eye, I saw her tumble out of the air like a bird struck by an arrow."
I'll get to adding it
Spatial/Portal Creation also seems to be a given
Well, all black holes have infinite LS in the epicenter.
Alright

I was reading volume 8.5 and when Aldir casted WE, there was earthquake powerful enough to be felt all the way in the beast glades and Xyrus.

Think we can get good yield from it?

Probably boost the explosion calc much higher

I was reading volume 8.5 and when Aldir casted WE, there was earthquake powerful enough to be felt all the way in the beast glades and Xyrus.

Think we can get good yield from it?

Probably boost the explosion calc much higher
Probably, I'll look into it

Looked into it and nah it's not even really woth mentioning , mainly because it's not a natural earthquake we can't use the total seismic energy and can only use total radiated energy and its at max 2-3 Gigatons
I see
Fairs then

Wait should I have used Peak athletic human sword slashing speed (single strike by Isao Machii) =
At least 158.29 km/h ~= 43.96944444 m/s (Subsonic) , or no
Yeah
I just found out there's swords speeds on the common feat page.

Apart from the guy being peak human already, he also had speed amps

20m/s seems like a really low low-ball

Yeah
I just found out there's swords speeds on the common feat page.

Apart from the guy being peak human already, he also had speed amps

20m/s seems like a really low low-ball
So i have two questions and some finishing up with major abilities for Arthur.

1.Should I remake the calculation?
2.Do we scale Aldir above Aether blade (355x3 = 1.065 Teratons of tnt) if not should we scale Kezes above it as he is the strongest and stronger than Aldir who is stronger than Arthur).

1.Arthur should get Danmaku Enchanted Aura, Enchanted Instinctive action, Enchanted statistics amplification ch.247-248:

Danmaku:
"Not a sound was made as the blade sliced through the air, but the effects were shown immediately. Dozens of thin paths carved themselves like intertwining snakes on the ground as a flurry of crescents honed in on my old friend."

Enchanted Statistics amplification:
"As aether continued to coalesce around me, weaving its ethereal tendrils into my body, I could see the runes spreading and connecting with one another around my body. I felt calloused, numb as the power from Sylvia’s dragon will flowed freely. It was an intoxicating feeling."

"The tendrils of lightning shifted in color as they coiled around my body. I could see the aether being drawn to me and the black lightning soon had a faint shade of purple mixed in."

"I let out a breath and the motes of aether fluttered in front of me. Raising an arm completely enveloped in a golden aura, I flicked my wrist.

Aether heeded my call, molding around the blade of wind that I had shot at Elijah.

My opponent, his legs injured from my previous attack, chose to block my attack. Rows of black spikes, lit aflame in that hellfire capable of eating away at even water and mana, erupted from the ground in front of him, but the silvery crescent tinged purple that I had released mowed through the rows of black spikes like they were made of butter."

Enchanted aura (lightning and Ice) and instinctive action:
"Taking another step, I cleared the distance and hung in the air. The shroud of lightning around me lashed out in all directions, arcing and forking towards the Alacryans closest to me and piercing through their armor and bodies as if they were made of paper.

A few Alacryans who managed to keep their wits retaliated with spells of their own, but it was useless. I ignored the blasts of fire and let the shards of ice and stone shatter against the lightning protecting me."

"With another thought, the shroud of lightning was replaced by a nimbus of white fire tinged with aether. The black fire this time weren’t able to burn through and sizzled out of existence at the frostfire’s touch.

Slashing my arms out, a ripple of white flames undulated outward, freezing and shattering everything in its path.

With another flick of a wrist, a pulse of white aetheric fire burst forth, hitting Elijah and smashing him back into the frozen ground. As the mist and dust subsided, Elijah came into view, clothes and hair disheveled, and arms crossed as the remains of frozen black spikes lay scattered around him."

2.Possibly Blessed and Empowerment:
Empowerment
ch.235
"Lady Myre had told me that while I could sense aether due to my affinity for all four elements, I might never be able to consciously control them outside of borrowing the power of Static Void.

Still, I tried. As crazy as it sounded, I called out to the floating specks of aether to help me somehow. I shouted, I pleaded, I prayed within the frozen realm and just when I thought nothing would work, some of the particles began congregating around Dawn’s Ballad, coating its blade in a hue of purple.

Afraid that this power would soon dissipate, I immediately released Static Void and swung my aether-clad blade.

Despite stopping time, the scythe had little trouble knowing where I was, as if expecting that I would use Static Void.

What he didn’t expect, however, was that my next attack would be infused in aether.

Dawn’s Ballad flashed in a purple crescent. The very fabric of space seemed to warp around my blade as it passed through the scythe, leaving a large, hollow gash.

The scythe’s look of indifference turned sour as he grunted in pain. He clasped his chest which soon burst out blood"

Blessed ch.437:
"“But it remembers what it was. The aether. That’s why we can create spellforms. Even the godrunes. They’re an expression of that held memory, insight made manifest. Knowledge of the spellforms is housed in djinn-crafted implements, but the godrunes…”

I had to stop, to really think. It was getting so hard. I just wanted to rest, to sleep.

“The aetheric realm. All the knowledge of any form aether has ever taken. Like…a sleeping god. As Arthur’s understanding of specific edicts grows, the aether remembers and forms a godrune. But this only happens for him. Because of his connection with the aether. The djinn remnant said he was unique, that the aether saw him as kin, in a way.”
Ch.429:
"The nurse held out the baby boy, swaddled and cleaned and crying, to the woman, who took him carefully and nestled him into her arm. He was glowing, radiating that same gold and lavender light.

I stepped closer, leaned down to him, and took his tiny little hand in my incorporeal fingers, shaking even as I smiled.

The woman stared at him for a long time, as did I. Then, like tearing her gaze away from him was also ripping something inside her soul, she looked at the man. “A-are you sure? We could—”

He shook his head, and she made a sound like a knife had just been shoved between her ribs. He looked down and away, clearly unable to bear it, and a single tear flowed down the crease between his nose and cheek. “You know I wish we could, but we’re already struggling as it is. Without a parental grant…what kind of life could we give a child. He’ll be cared for. Trained even, to fight for our country. And then, maybe…” He swallowed hard. “Maybe in a few years we can try again?”

I saw the light leave the woman’s eyes as something broke inside of her, and knew beyond all shadow of a doubt that they wouldn’t, but they didn’t hold my interest. They weren’t my reason for being here…he was.

My gaze drifted down to his round, red face, and I didn’t take it away again. Not as the baby was taken from the parents he would never know, or as he slept and was fed in a bright room with a dozen others, and certainly not when he dragged himself along the hospital floor for the first time—though no one else was watching except for the other infants—or when he took his first, shambling steps.

I followed him when he was relocated from the hospital to a small orphanage, watched him watch the world as he grew and learned.

Years passed, and I watched him. Incorporeal, sleepless, empty of all desire except to keep my vigil, I experienced the young boy’s life with him, step by step. I was by his side as he made and lost his friends, as he trained and was guided toward becoming king, as he was manipulated into striking down his best friend, as he waged war for the defacto mother figure he lost.

I did not look away. Even as he diminished, losing the spark that had driven him to become king, floundering in a world that was ill-suited to him and didn’t deserve who he would become, I knew it was a necessary travail. Without these experiences, both success and failures, this sad king would never become my bond. The detachment and weakening link to humanity he felt now would define his worldview in the next life as he set himself in opposition to it.

But he didn’t have to suffer long, because, even from the moment of his birth, the long arm of fate had been extending toward him. And I was there for that, too, the end of his journey as King Grey."

3.Pressure points ch.136:

"I turned my attention back to his arm and noticed a strange welt near his wrist and the inside of his elbow. What was weirder was that I felt a trace of mana coming from the red bruises.

Without a word, I ripped open Darvus’s shirt, eliciting a shout of protest from my friend and a squeal from Caria. Just as I had expected, more red welts littered his body.

“Darvus, did you not feel that you were getting hit while you were attacking?” I asked.

“Must’ve been the blood rushing to my head. I didn’t feel a thing,” he answered. “Why? Is it that bad?”

“It’s not that.” I shook my head. “But the locations of all of these welts that you have are in very important places.”

“What do you mean?” Caria chimed in, taking a peek underneath her childhood friend’s shirt with flushed cheeks.

“I’ve read a few books on mana flow anatomy—you know, the theory behind the movement of mana inside a mage’s body—and one of them mentioned that there are known to be areas where clusters of mana channels coalesce. Naturally, these areas are naturally more protected when an augmenter strengthens his body, but if properly struck, it can inhibit the flow of mana to that particular region.”

“Oh! I studied that too! My trainer taught me about . But it couldn’t be that he was able to hit those, right? My trainer said it was impractical—almost impossible—to target them in battle because of how small and protected these points are,” Caria exclaimed.

“True,” I acknowledged, “and I read that these coalition points differ in each person. But, I can’t help but think these marks are related to that.”

4.Should be noted to be faster and have higher mobility with Draft step ch.62:

"Enveloping wind to condense below my feet, I shot toward him at a speed that caught Theodore by surprise.

[Draft Step]

Using the technique that I had thought up by drawing inspiration from the flicker step technique, I accelerated toward him with the help of the strong gale behind me."

5.Aether core abilities:
1.Self-sustenance (Type 2 and 3)
Ch.272:
"Despite the fact that my body technically didn’t need to eat, my hands automatically reached for it. I let the warmth spread from the bowl and into my palms before taking a sip."
Ch.297:
“I guess our biggest problem is food then,” she said softly before taking a peek at me. “Or rather, my biggest problem.”

“When was the last time you ate?” I asked.

“It’s been about five days, maybe a week…so I’m not in any immediate danger of starving,” she said. Her stomach grumbled at that moment as if to argue.
Ch.303:
"She had been following me, someone who barely needed any food, water, or sleep to survive, and had done so without protest.

She couldn’t complain, since she had been the one to lie and hide herself in order to follow after me. Despite who she was and what her blood implied, a small part of me felt bad." - his self sustanence stems from aether as long as he has enough aether he won't grow tired , won't need to eat or sleep
2.Resistance to poison
Ch.308:
"I thought your cockroach-like body was mune to things like poison, though,’ Regis chimed in.

But Caera isn’t, I replied. I’d rather be rude than stupid. Anyway, I wanted to see how Old Broke Beak reacted to our refusal. Now stay quiet and focus on recovering. You’re useless to me in this state."
3.Resistance to regeneration negation (up to at least low-mid) ch.372:
"His uniform had been ripped from his stomach up to his ribs. Soulfire danced along the wound, burning into him. It would keep going, igniting his blood and scorching his mana channels until it reached his core. Eventually, it would consume his life force, killing him from the inside out.

As the combusting cloud of mana and aether fizzled out, I caught sight of Cadell on the other side of the arena, hovering thirty feet in the air. One hand was pressed to his neck, and blood was oozing from between his fingers. He grimaced with pain, but there was a vindictive gleam in his eyes. Already, I could see the purple-tinged black flames licking at his wound, healing it.

But Cadell wasn’t the only one healing. The soulfire burning in Arthur’s side dimmed as waves of purple light washed over it, dousing it bit by bit until the flames were quenched. Then, as if the wound had been nothing but a line drawn in sand, the same waves wiped it away, leaving Arthur’s flesh clean and unblemished."

1. Yeah.

2. Yes (I kinda forgot about the aether blade when making Aldir's page)

I'll add the remaining abilities soon.

What's caera core level?
So as to establish a baseline scaling for her

1. Yeah.

2. Yes (I kinda forgot about the aether blade when making Aldir's page)

I'll add the remaining abilities soon.

What's caera core level?
So as to establish a baseline scaling for her
Around Silver core ch.265:
"Streams of blue fire lit the red sky from the same warrior that had shouted at me, but that wasn’t the only magic that filled the battlefield. I could see giant earthen spikes erupt from the ground, bullets of water shimmering as they pierced through the monsters, and crescents of wind that bisected everything in its path.

They were spells I was all too familiar with, but each one was at a level that could rival a veteran silver-core mage at the least. But even with all of these powerful mages mowing down the demonic infants, their numbers only seemed to increase."

Okay it's done but I'm very busy currently (that's why everything is taking so long) , so can someone please get a Calc group member to take a look.
Dmua already agreed on using this 43m/s on the initial calc.

But I'll ask him to look at it anyways

So what's next , what's left for us to do ?
Just creating the profiles.

I'm currently in the middle of some high intensive stuffs at school.

I sometimes don't get to open my PC for like 3 days at a stretch.

Regardless, I should be able to update the current blogs soon.

Maybe tomorrow.

I can create sanboxes for the other characters.

Your blogs on general abilities and stats have made it much easier to make profiles.

Just creating the profiles.

I'm currently in the middle of some high intensive stuffs at school.

I sometimes don't get to open my PC for like 3 days at a stretch.

Regardless, I should be able to update the current blogs soon.

Maybe tomorrow.

I can create sanboxes for the other characters.

Your blogs on general abilities and stats have made it much easier to make profiles.
Well if you need any help (mainly with quotes and scaling) just ask.

How would you scale Regis?

Anyways
Elijah/Nico
Regis should be comparable to Watiths at his strongest , vol11 Regis is rather featless.

Nico shouldn't really scale to reatiners in his post viktoriad as despite not loosing any abilities he has noted that he's core is tainted and this only means that he isn't white core and is closer to silver so he should scale to or maybe slightly below Tessia , and I think his post viktoriad key and future volume 11 key should be fused as he didn't gain any new abilities (except for that crafting regalia in vol 10) and where the weapon he created received a statement from Arthur.

Also I still think Arthur catching lightning should be just lightning speed for now because I don't think this wiki accepts giving a character the rating of another character despite them never fighting each other

Regis should be comparable to Watiths at his strongest , vol11 Regis is rather featless.

Nico shouldn't really scale to reatiners in his post viktoriad as despite not loosing any abilities he has noted that he's core is tainted and this only means that he isn't white core and is closer to silver so he should scale to or maybe slightly below Tessia , and I think his post viktoriad key and future volume 11 key should be fused as he didn't gain any new abilities (except for that crafting regalia in vol 10) and where the weapon he created received a statement from Arthur.
I see.
I thought he fought clyrit but that maybe me just misremembering
Also I still think Arthur catching lightning should be just lightning speed for now because I don't think this wiki accepts giving a character the rating of another character despite them never fighting each other
I've been meaning to edit that section

I see.
I thought he fought clyrit but that maybe me just misremembering
I don't remember clearly but even if he fought after losing his white core he was using his Quadra elemental staff which has higher feats and even Arthur noted that amount of mana in that staff is formidable (note that it's third layer Arthur)

Caera should have class G lifting strength as she is at the level of silver core
Jasmine lacks wind manipulation and (i think) some abilities connected to it
I'll add class g for caera

I think jasmine does have wind manipulation.
That's why she's treated as an outcast in her family because she didn't have the signature fire attribute

Now that I looked into it the viewing lightning in slow motion isn't usable in the form we thought, as the formula to get the speed from it involves movement of the character that is viewing Lightning and Arthur wasn't moving at all , I'm currently working out a way to calc it and I honestly have very little idea how to do it.
To me the only way seems to be using the same formula just without the speed of the character which gives:

440000/0.00275 = 160000000 m/s (0.53c) Relativistic+

But I need more opinions.

Now that I looked into it the viewing lightning in slow motion isn't usable in the form we thought, as the formula to get the speed from it involves movement of the character that is viewing Lightning and Arthur wasn't moving at all , I'm currently working out a way to calc it and I honestly have very little idea how to do it.
To me the only way seems to be using the same formula just without the speed of the character which gives:

440000/0.00275 = 160000000 m/s (0.53c) Relativistic+

But I need more opinions.
I don't know much about calculations unfortunately.

I will ask around though

More profiles

Btw
How do we go about intelligence ratings?

I think Arthur qualifies for genius though
Kathlyn should be High 7-C/Massively Hypersonic without seraph of snow as she is a silver core mage.

Eleanor despite not being a primary physical fighter should get lifting strength/striking strength/Durability of light-yellow core mage as she is an augmenter , a long range one but still an augmenter (as mage archers are long range augmenters , like Clive (that dude from school council)) , she also should be noted to have higher ap with mana explosions.

Last edited:
Eleanor despite not being a primary physical fighter should get lifting strength/striking strength/Durability of light-yellow core mage as she is an augmenter , a long range one but still an augmenter (as mage archers are long range augmenters , like Clive (that dude from school council)) , she also should be noted to have higher ap with mana explosions
Oh shit
I totally thought she was a conjurer.
I'll add it

Back