• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TBATE Discussion Thread

Casual punches from Arthur's dad at beginning of series who was red core (I hope I'm correct) were already >>Mach 1

Casual punches from Arthur's dad at beginning of series who was red core (I hope I'm correct) were already >>Mach 1
Yeah based on chapter 18:
"Dad. What color is your mana core now?" I asked while Sylvie made her place back on the top of my head, tail swishing in content.

A confident grin emerged from his face as my father proudly replies, "Your old man broke through from the light red stage a couple years back and is a dark orange mage." - he was light red

Been out of the wiki for a couple of weeks, what did i miss?
Apart from the new stuff from SODAKU, all the calcs for the stats have been approved and we have a general idea on who scales to who

A common abilities blog was also made

All that's left is to clean up or create more profiles

What do we do about The figures TurtleMe gave to Thunderclap Impulse?
Honestly just ignore it, it is not only inconsistent with other statements in the series itself but also with basic IRL facts (normal human reaction speed is higher than 0.3s and trained athletes can react and throw punches in less than 0.2s or 0.15s)

Honestly just ignore it, it is not only inconsistent with other statements in the series itself but also with basic IRL facts (normal human reaction speed is higher than 0.3s and trained athletes can react and throw punches in less than 0.2s or 0.15s)
Yeah
I'm just planning on making it a multiplier
Something like this:
Hypersonic, up to hypersonic+ with Thunderclap Impulse (Thunderclap Impulse increases the reaction time by 5 times or so[can't remember the exact figures])

I don't know about absolute low tiers except that they should just be vaguely superhuman , but there was a feat for dark yellow core Arthur (I think) that came up to around class K that light-orange mages can downscale from.
Could you link it?

I don't know about absolute low tiers except that they should just be vaguely superhuman , but there was a feat for dark yellow core Arthur (I think) that came up to around class K that light-orange mages can downscale from.
Here it is
Chapter 50:
"He stood in front of me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

Suddenly, I felt the weight on top of me increase several times over as my feet began sinking, the floor around me beginning to crack. This was a deviant capable of manipulating gravity.

My body was able to withstand it thanks to the assimilation I had gone through with Sylvia's dragon will but I still definitely felt my body begin to protest. I strengthened my body further with mana as I lifted his hand off of my shoulder, my eyes dead set on Theodore."

Using compressive strength this comes around class K , but I'm a bit preoccupied so I won't be calculating this now

Here it is
Chapter 50:
"He stood in front of me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

Suddenly, I felt the weight on top of me increase several times over as my feet began sinking, the floor around me beginning to crack. This was a deviant capable of manipulating gravity.

My body was able to withstand it thanks to the assimilation I had gone through with Sylvia's dragon will but I still definitely felt my body begin to protest. I strengthened my body further with mana as I lifted his hand off of my shoulder, my eyes dead set on Theodore."

Using compressive strength this comes around class K , but I'm a bit preoccupied so I won't be calculating this now
I had a feeling it was this

Alright
Take your time

Here's an overview on the stats
AP/Speed/LS

God tiers (scales above Cecilia's feat or 10x Tessia's Statement)
Category: Scythes, Wraiths, Asuras, ppVictoriad Arthur and Cecilia
7-B/MHS+/Class T (Aldir gets his H6-B via world eater

Top Tiers (Scales relative to or above Tessia's mountain busting statement)
Category: retainers, lances and nico
7-B/MHS+/Class T

Mid Tiers (Downscales a few times from Tessia)
Category: Silver and Yellow core mages along with S class and above adventurers
H7-C/Hypersonic (depending on how the perception thread goes stacked with TI multiplier)/Class K

Low tiers (Scales massively above Arthur's house busting feat)
Category: Light red to orange core adventurers
8-C/Hypersonic/Superhuman

Baseline mage level (Scales to baby Arthur)
Category: Red to black Core mages
8-C/Supersonic/Superhuman

I thought there was something about Arthur perceiving lightning in slow motion
Don't know how valid it is though

AP/Speed/LS

7-B/MHS+/Class T

H7-C/Hypersonic (depending on how the perception thread goes stacked with TI multiplier)/Class K

Shouldn't Wraiths , Asuras , Cadell and second layer aether core Arthur scale to 108 megatons 7-A because Arthur was confident in killing a Scythe who is stronger than Cecilia ( who is 10.8 megatons) and Arthur got his second layer after that making him 10x10.8 = 108 megatons.

Basically Cecilia a(10.8 megatons) <Dragoth (stronger than her) =<Arthur (Aether core) < Arthur (Second layer x10) also in speed but that's another issue.

To explain why those values are not outliers.
Ap and dura - Well we have world eater and somehow Kezees managed to subdue the whole race armed with it.
Speed - Ch378:

"A jolt of electrical force leapt from my fingers to her hammer, and when the next blow fell, an explosion of lightning rocked Taci to the side. Just behind him, an orb of pitch-black nothing—a dark sphere that light couldn’t escape—appeared, and he lurched back into it."

Ch.237: "An orb of pure mana was forming at the end of the Scythe’s sword, but she appeared to be aiming past me and toward my team. Knowing I didn’t have much time, I began condensing gravity into small point ten feet in front of her.

Sweat beaded on my forehead and there was a twinge of pain in my mana core as I struggled to contain the force building within that space. Just as she released the destructive orb, I completed casting Singularity.

A well of massive gravity appeared in the air in the form of a black hole in the fabric of reality. The orb passed through the Singularity, but the gravitational effect was strong enough to pull it significantly off target, so when it impacted against the far wall of the cavern, blooming into a ten-foot-wide disintegration field, it was far from Hornfels and the others. - this is the proof mana can in fact move FTL

Arthur got his second layer after that making him 10x10.8 = 108 megatons.
Forgot about the Dragoth stuff
That's fine

Regarding TI
Arthur gave 3 values
0.3 for regular humans and 0.2 to 0.15 for trained fighters
That's a 6, 4 and 3 times difference between that and his 0.05

The lowest value should be fine seeing as Arthur's base is already trained fighter level
Which would make the mid cores (I'm assuming someone there could tag him while he used TI pre timeskip) high hypersonic or mach 33

AP/Speed/LS

7-B/MHS+/Class T

I've got something on Arthur seeing lightning in slo mo

I'm thinking about making high-end scaling explanation page for the whole verse
That's fine
Was working on one but got sidetracked

I want to make the pages as quality as possible

I'd rather not want to see any of the pages in the profile deletion thread within a few weeks of their creation

Oh yeah
You could also work on a "power of the verse" write up

I wanted to ask what multiplier we accept for third layer aether core (because it would save time not writing both ends):

10x ( based on the fact that third layer is larger therefore should give at least the same boost as the second layer)

100x (based on the fact that third layer is larger and was made in an infinite void with infinite amount of aether and on statement in chapter 353 : "The second layer of my core wasn’t an additive growth to my aether reserves, it was exponential." so third layer shouldn't be any different)

I wanted to ask what multiplier we accept for third layer aether core (because it would save time not writing both ends):

10x ( based on the fact that third layer is larger therefore should give at least the same boost as the second layer)

100x (based on the fact that third layer is larger and was made in an infinite void with infinite amount of aether and on statement in chapter 353 : "The second layer of my core wasn’t an additive growth to my aether reserves, it was exponential." so third layer shouldn't be any different)
Let me sleep over this
I'll revert in a few hours

I think we can but with inverse square law the results would be much lower
I think that's the only way we could get his durability from the explosion
I don't think he was that far away from Aldir
Maybe 50 metres?
I'll check the chapter again
Giving yall a heads up that the 1/500s is probably getting nuked https://vsbattles.com/threads/regarding-the-2ms-perception-thing.157417/
Could you help out with this please?
I should get an approximate distance in a few hours

I did a quick read and 50 metres even seems like a highball

Aldir and Windsom were side by side

Nico was a few feet away
Windsom barely moved from his position as he job was to defend Aldir
And of his attacks were either as a result of Nico coming close to him or a shockwave attack
At the time of explosion, Aldir was 100x his size

Does anyone remember how nico and cecilia survived world eater?
They teleported away ch.321:
"My attention jumped from Ellie to Aldir to Tess and Nico, and caught Tess and Nico’s shared gaze, hers uncertain, concerned, and yet not afraid, while he was looking at her almost…tenderly.

Then they were gone, leaving nothing behind but the faint ripple of whatever magic they’d used to teleport away."

Firstly bump
Secondly should I try my hand at calculating Windsom withstanding World Eater?

Firstly bump
Secondly should I try my hand at calculating Windsom withstanding World Eater?
Sure, but re-reading the chapter Windson was quite far away from the blast so i don't know if it will be worth much
(Hoping it comes out as at least 7-A or High 7-A would make it consistent with Aether Layers multipliers)

Both are fine
Although I'm more comfortable with 10x
Although it becomes a moot point if the durability feat for Windsom clocks tier 6
3rd layer Arthur would just scale automatically to that
So yeah, you could try the durability calc

Could make different ends and leave it to calc mod to evaluate which is more suitable

How can we calc this?
I'm inputting Arthur's speed value now and this feat seems more impressive than Windsom's feat for a number of reasons
He was sleepy and he stood up to intercept the lightning after it had been fired
I just put MHS+ on it anyways (Windsom's value)
“Sir! Please, wake up!” An unfamiliar voice startled me awake, dragging me out of the unwanted memories in my dreams.
My vision focused and I was able to make out the shape of a woman, her features cast into shadow by the light behind her. “Sir! I’m begging you. Please, we need you bathed and prepared for Commander Virion’s speech!”
The handmaid shook my arm gently, but I turned away from her, still half asleep.
“Move out of the way. I’ll wake him up,” a familiar voice grunted, and a loud crackle resounded from its direction.
I immediately sprang to my feet, catching the projectile of lightning in my hand.
“Bairon. A displeasure to see you again,” I said sharply. I was still in a foul mood from my argument with Tessia yesterday.
“I see you’ve learned some new tricks,” Bairon responded, his hand still outstretched.
It had been over two years since I had last seen the blonde Lance. He hadn’t changed much, except that he had cut his hair short and the scowl on his face was even harsher.
“Don’t you know it’s dishonorable to attack someone from behind?” I asked, hopping off my bed.

Back