• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TBATE Discussion Thread

Holy Sh-

Never imagined it'll be this high

Thanks for this
What about that explosion stuff?

@SODAKU how do we go about this?

I'm thinking we scale the high end version to just the Asuras and those who scale to them
Then the lower end to anybody relative to Tessia
Sorry was busy

Personally I don't see a problem with scaling asuras to it but i think the only ones that should scale are generals like Aldir , the clan leaders , Agrona and Kezees

Also i think it fits narratively as Kezees (or his ancestor i don't remember but they should be relative anyway) somehow subdued a whole race with this ability (it was mentioned that in ancient times every pantheon could cast world eater)

Also wanted to drop this

Cecile < Scythes ( excluding Nico and Cadell) =< Arthur ( aether core )

Based on statements from
Ch.265:

"It was as if I was fighting alone against the army of beasts approaching the Wall all over again. Except, this time, I didn’t have elemental magic to help me.

It didn’t matter though. At this point, my physical prowess had long since exceeded my previous state, despite my abated speed. The few injuries I did receive regenerated long before I even had a chance to worry about them."

Ch.271:

"I was physically stronger and sturdier than ever before but I knew it wasn’t enough to face off against the Scythes just yet."

Ch.344:

"Dragoth had said something to the crowd, but I missed it. The Scythe and the director were walking toward the entrance to the Chapel as his guards formed a line across the base of the stairs.

Chatter broke out amongst the crowd all around me, but I could only stare at the Scythe. He was right there. I could kill him now. I could deprive Agrona of one of his most powerful soldiers. I could—

‘—listening to me?’ Regis’s voice was suddenly shouting in my head. ‘We can’t just—’

I know, I thought, pushing back my emotions and turning away. Now isn’t the time."

Note: The Arthur in the scaling chain is at the peak of his strength with aether core with fully developed channels but without the second layer and he was still confident in taking on at least mid-level scythe.

Scythe cadell scales 10 times above Aether core Arthur despite losing to Second layer aether core he could still keep up with him and Taci scales accordingly.

Also wanted to drop this

Based on statements from
Ch.265:

"It was as if I was fighting alone against the army of beasts approaching the Wall all over again. Except, this time, I didn’t have elemental magic to help me.

It didn’t matter though. At this point, my physical prowess had long since exceeded my previous state, despite my abated speed. The few injuries I did receive regenerated long before I even had a chance to worry about them."

Ch.271:

"I was physically stronger and sturdier than ever before but I knew it wasn’t enough to face off against the Scythes just yet."

Ch.344:

"Dragoth had said something to the crowd, but I missed it. The Scythe and the director were walking toward the entrance to the Chapel as his guards formed a line across the base of the stairs.

Chatter broke out amongst the crowd all around me, but I could only stare at the Scythe. He was right there. I could kill him now. I could deprive Agrona of one of his most powerful soldiers. I could—

‘—listening to me?’ Regis’s voice was suddenly shouting in my head. ‘We can’t just—’

I know, I thought, pushing back my emotions and turning away. Now isn’t the time."

Note: The Arthur in the scaling chain is at the peak of his strength with aether core with fully developed channels but without the second layer and he was still confident in taking on at least mid-level scythe.

Scythe cadell scales 10 times above Aether core Arthur despite losing to Second layer aether core he could still keep up with him and Taci scales accordingly.
I'll go in depth on this in a few hours

I also came across a Patreon stuff from TurtleMe where he said Arthur is stronger than Windsom and relative to Aldir somewhat
I'll attach the scans later

Here is the statement
IMG-20230729-WA0248.jpg

Also wanted to drop this

Based on statements from
Ch.265:

Ch.271:

Ch.344:

Okay
I think this is fair
Arthur was already equal to Cadell when they fought in Dicathen anyways

His physical stats being superior to that makes him superior to Nico

We might get Arthur vs Cecilia soon anyways

@Testarossa002 so looking at the Explosion speed page i dont think i can calc it based on this

@Testarossa002 so looking at the Explosion speed page i dont think i can calc it based on this
I actually came across this a few hours back
But I could have sworn I've seen verses use supernatural stuffs for explosion

Thanks anyways
Speed is mostly sorted thanks to you

So I've been putting this off for a while but finally go around to and finished it in on day
Resistances
Chapter 38 (fire and high temperature):
"I didn't stop there. The last demonstration took a bit more time, since I had to manipulate, very carefully, the fire attribute mana in my palm. After a couple of minutes, I produced a dim blue flame, which made my father's eyes go wide. Upon throwing the blue flame at the towel, the towel instantly combusted and the fire spread rapidly, eating away at the towel until only ashes were left." - Arthur is able to hold blue flames in his palms easily this should scale to yellow core mages and beyond.

Chapter 144 (Electricity and heat):
“Move out of the way. I’ll wake him up,” a familiar voice grunted as a loud crackle resounded from his direction. I immediately sprung to my feet, catching the projectile of lightning in my hand. “Bairon. A displeasure to see you again,” I said sharply, still in a foul mood from my argument with Tessia yesterday. “I see you’ve learned some new tricks,” Bairon responded with his hand still outstretched. - Bairon's lightning was noted to be able to vaporise human body fully wich and should be above normal lightning therefore granting resistance to at least 100 million Volts and temperatures of about 27760 Celsius.) this should scale to mid-silver core mages and beyond as Arthur was able to catch a bolt and hold it in his hand.

Chapter 34 (low temperature, cold and absolute zero):
"White fire," I muttered. My hands ignited and became engulfed in a blazing white flame that seemed to freeze the moisture in the air around it. This was the most powerful offensive skill that I had in my arsenal, but one that was also the hardest to control. While my Lightning Attribute skills were focused more towards one-on-one combat, I geared my ice attribute techniques for a more widespread form of destruction, just in case the situation arose. The white fire ablaze in my hands grew larger as I absorbed the now-visible specks of water attribute mana particles into my body. Using the last of my strength, I released my final skill. [Absolute Zero] The elderwood guardian, who was in the form of a giant wave of entangled vines, rapidly became encased in ice as the very atoms that made up the mana beast froze in place where the white fire had spread. - full resistance to absolute zero for Arthur and general resistance to extremely cold temperatures for yellow core mages and beyond.

Chapter 155-157 (acid and further confirmation of resistance to absolute zero + limited resistance to gases just for Arthur and maybe silver core and above wind mages):

"“Or I could be right here!” Suddenly, an arm shot out from inside the tree I was perched on.

I had no time to react as her hand gripped around my neck, spreading a searing pain across my throat and collar. I was lifted into the air, held by my neck, as the source of the shrill voice came out of the tree.

I gripped at her bony pale arm, splotched with discolored marks as I tried to break free from her hold. She was wearing a sparkling black dress that accentuated her body’s tall and sickly thin frame. I could practically see her ribs through the thin piece of fabric that would’ve looked elegant had it been worn by any other woman."
- Arthur was in prolonged contact with her acid and survived.

"I slid my fingers down my burning neck, afraid of what I’d see in my reflection. More of the murky green mana gathered around the mysterious enemy, but before she had the chance to finish her spell, I shot out a stone spike from the ground beside her. I watched as the earthen spear dissolved instantly the moment it made contact with her." - dissolved stone instantly.

"The force of my swing spread the cloud of acid covering both of us, but even without seeing, I knew I’d somehow missed my target. I shuddered as my gaze fell to the blade in my hand, or rather, what was left of it. The tip of Dawn’s Ballad, forged by an asura, had been corroded flat with an inch of the teal blade gone. However, spotting the faint trace of blood on my blade, I shifted my glance to the witch." - instantaneously corroded a sword better and sturdier than any magic weapon created by humans.

"The witch let out a pained growl as she tried to pull herself away but my grip around her right arm stayed strong.

The flesh of my bare hand soon became painfully red as more and more layers of flesh began corroding. However, the effects of my spell showed signs that it was working. Her right arm, which had been gripping my sword impaled in her left thigh, turned a sickly dark color. Unlike frostbite that occured in nature, her arm began to freeze from where I was gripping her rather than from her fingers. She could no longer move her arm as the layers of skin and tissues had froze.

Before the effects of Absolute Zero could spread to her body, the witch cleaved down at her frozen arm with her other hand, tearing the limb completely from the shoulder."
- compared to elderwood guardian who was larger and hit with a weaker version of absolute zero and was frozen fully instantly Jagrette was being less affected by a stronger version of absolute zero , basically the stronger you are the more you are able to resist the effects of absolute zero and lances and Scythe should be affected even less if not affected at all.

"Sylvie immediately dived down and grasped the witch using her long claws. With the weakened state of the witch, her aura had little effect on my bond. Her armored scales kept her protected long enough for her to soar up into the sky." - resistance for Sylvie (she generally needs to get all the resistance for silver core and above mages at first and after breaking the seal she should also get all resistances for white core mages and above)

"Brier, my right-hand, stopped and wordlessly motioned for me to come. Walking past the soldiers in his unit, I arrived in front of what seemed to have once been a tree.

Looking at the dark sludge pooled in the center of the tree trunk, I slowly reached out when Brier swatted my hand away. My eyes narrowed as I shot my subordinate a glance, but Brier merely shook his head and dipped a spare knife strapped to his thigh into the puddle.

With a faint hiss, the blade of the knife had been completely dissolved in a matter of mere seconds. Shifting my gaze to the rest of the tree that’d toppled over fairly recently, I pointed to it, making sure this acid was what caused it."
- in real life metal takes from several to tens of hours to fully dissolve, so we can see how powerful even the massively weakened acid (acid was noted to get weaker when Jagrette was sustaining heavy damage and at this point Jagrette was already dead) is.

"Brier, signaled for one of his men to go forward when Ulric, who’d now located where we were, flailed his only arm.

“Don’t!” Ulric and his troops screamed but Brier’s subordinate had already leaped into the crater to make his way to the other side where Arthur was.

Suddenly, just as Brier’s subordinate dashed past the lanky fiend, a murky tentacle erupted out of its body, clamping onto his ankle.

The soldier howled in pain, but rather than pulling his body, the tentacle severed his foot that was protected in mana, sending him tumbling down to the center of the crater. The soldier’s arm landed inside the puddle of green sludge and almost immediately, the acid worked its way through his armor and flesh until not even bone was left.

The soldier, who’d been shrieking in agony, cradled the stump of his arm when the tentacle that’d grabbed him earlier dragged the rest of his body into the puddle."
- more examples of the power of a massively weakened acid.

"It only took one gulp of breath to realize that the steam was toxic. My body immediately reacted, sending me to my knees in a fit of coughs as both my innards and skin began burning. The toxic gas surrounding me had already melted a lot of my clothes, exposing the runes on my arms. It was the fading of the golden runes that snapped me out of my daze.

The runes, imparted onto me by Sylvia and the very symbol of how this all started pulled me out from the cold grip of darkness.

I promptly created a small vacuum to suck the toxins out of my searing lungs. It helped, but with no air to breathe and the oxygen from my lungs sucked out, I was left with just a matter of seconds until I blacked out."
- only for Arthur

Chapter 418 (illusions):
"“I don’t see any way to open them either,” Lyra commented as she ran a hand along the bottom edge of a table. “We could smash them open. The contents of this museum—”

Balling my fist, I struck the front of the glass hard enough to rip through steel. The case neither resisted the force nor shattered under it. Instead, my fist passed through it, the image wobbling incoherently until I pulled my hand back. Once the case was solid again, I pressed my forefinger against it. It felt solid.

When Caera and I had reached the second djinn ruin, the place had been collapsing. The entrance hall and the library on the other side had been merged into one another. They weren’t quite real. This museum was probably the same, a visual representation of a place that didn’t exist.

“It’s more like…” I trailed off, trying to think of an appropriate metaphor.

“Like a picture made real,” Ellie said, gazing curiously at an engraved rod made of dull metal, about a foot and a half long."

"I imbued the Realmheart godrune.

It was strange. Mana was there, but normally the presence of mana particles aligned with the physical attributes of the space in question. One would expect to see a high concentration of earth-attribute mana clinging to the floor and walls, air-attribute mana floating in the atmosphere, and, in a place like this, only lingering traces of water- and fire-attribute mana.

But the mana particles didn’t line up with the space we were seeing at all."

"Aether began to radiate out from me, filling the chamber with violet light. Mentally, I reached for the invisible seams, the places where the illusion contained itself in opposition to the real. It was like feeling for the gap around a hidden door—a place where the two separate pieces didn’t perfectly align.

The grasping fingers of my probing aether touched on a jagged edge, and the entire room wobbled in and out of focus.

Mica groaned, her eyes trying to follow along. “Reminds me of when I tried to beat Olfred in a drinking contest, ugh. Are you trying to make us all sick?”

I had to trace back over where I’d been twice before I found the edge again. As soon as I touched it, a static blur vibrated through the chamber, making my eyes go crossed. Boo grunted in agitation, and Ellie made soft cooing noises to calm him.

Closing my eyes to let my other senses do the work, I held on to that edge with aether. I pictured it like a piece of parchment laid over our senses, and so did the most appropriate thing I could think of. I tore it in two.

My companions burst out with dismayed moans, and it sounded as if Mica was very nearly sick as she wretched. Someone fell to their hands and knees. Lyra cursed under her breath—or offered a prayer to the Vritra, it was difficult to tell which.

When I opened my eyes again, we were surrounded by light gray stone.

The third ruin, I thought, still wary."
- only for Second layer aether core Arthur

This is nice
I'll work on getting screenshots for them and imguring them

Wanted to ask
Do you have any ideas for general resistances and abilities for certain groups
The Scythes and co use decay arts. Does it actually decay?
I already have flight for white core mages and above

Maybe some general abilities and resistances for mama as a whole

If you could work on a blog for it

Currently occupied with my Riordan revisions

This is nice
I'll work on getting screenshots for them and imguring them

Wanted to ask
Do you have any ideas for general resistances and abilities for certain groups
The Scythes and co use decay arts. Does it actually decay?
I already have flight for white core mages and above

Maybe some general abilities and resistances for mama as a whole

If you could work on a blog for it

Currently occupied with my Riordan revisions
I'm thinking about making the blog but it may take some time.

I'm thinking about making the blog but it may take some time.
Take your time
I'm working on cleaning up the pages (adding scans and references) and adding potential new pages

We should be looking at around 18 character pages when I'm done

Still waiting for Volume 10 to come out on the seven seas so I can reread
Stats are all but settled at this point

After pulling an all-nighter and bit after that i finished the common abilities blog , if anyone has any questions feel free to ask but I'll probably respond tomorrow
Nice
Very nice

Thanks for your work

Do you mind if I format it in a sandbox?
So we'll be able to link it on profiles
Take for example, Virion
All Silver Core mages abilities [insert link] including x and y

If I format it in a sandbox, you can then copy the source codes and paste it on your blog

Nice
Very nice

Thanks for your work

Do you mind if I format it in a sandbox?
So we'll be able to link it on profiles
Take for example, Virion
All Silver Core mages abilities [insert link] including x and y

If I format it in a sandbox, you can then copy the source codes and paste it on your blog
Yeah I don't mind , do whatever you think is best.

I also added levels to let people know which characters should get wich abilities.
For Example with Black Iron spikes:
Uto can spam them but there wasn't enough evidence for danmaku , but Niko was described differently as he can spam even more spikes , and Cadell was stated to be able to create hundreds of spikes in a moment so:
Black spikes:
"Danmaku"- low-Scythe level, Higher at high-Scythe level

What do we do about The figures TurtleMe gave to Thunderclap Impulse?

I remember it to be like superhuman reactions

What do we do about The figures TurtleMe gave to Thunderclap Impulse?

I remember it to be like superhuman reactions
I treat them as a multiplier for base as Arthur was talking about reaction times in comparison to average human and trained fighter but not about mages ( augmenters in particular ).

Arnold came through huh

Do tell
I didn't mak a calc yet but basically now perception blitzing uses 2 milliseconds for timeframe and Lady Vera (Arthur's combat teacher from his past life) perception blitzed him from two stories (yes it's worded like that) which varies between 6 and 7.6 meters and all in all the result is Hypersonic - Hypersonic+ and we know that kings in Arthur's past life were only around light-red core level and if we assume she was close to being on the level of that world kings that would mean everyone above light-red core level is Hypersonic.

Here - I was already working on it so it didn't take much time.
Time to harass ask DMUA for evaluation
Could you post the scans for this here?
in all the result is Hypersonic - Hypersonic+ and we know that kings in Arthur's past life were only around light-red core level and if we assume she was close to being on the level of that world kings that would mean everyone above light-red core level is Hypersonic.

Back