• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luffy’s advantages:

If he can get in close he can dura neg

has speed amps

Has blunt force resistance

Has precog

Is more versatile/better combat experience.

Tatsumaki advantages:

Higher lifting strength

Higher AP

Higher range.

Can potentially dura neg as well or twist Luffy’s body around till he dies

Tatsumaki still scales in range. It’s on her profile.
And I quote from her profile.

Range: Thousands of Kilometers with Telekinesis

Makes no mention of scaling above her range and AoE.
No I doubt Luffy could avoid that distance at all if Tatsumaki just starts using her telekinesis all around her. Especially since she can make barriers to keep Luffy trapped inside and said barriers are massive in size.
G2 speed amps would definitely let him dodge.
Doesn’t matter since her telekinesis scales to that range. So either way she grabs and twists Luffy like a rag.
According to her profiles range section she doesn't scale above Psykoorochi's range. But i assume thats because both of their range sections are pretty bad, since a calc should be linked but there isn’t (I know which calc but still.) and the range section makes no mention of Tatsumaki's range scaling to Psykoorochi, only her LS and AP for whatever reason.

And I quote from her profile.

Range: Thousands of Kilometers with Telekinesis

Makes no mention of scaling above her range and AoE.
Ok but I think this still proves my point. Her telekinesis has thousands of kilometers of range. So Tatsumaki can use that range so Luffy can’t avoid her telekinesis.
G2 speed amps would definitely let him dodge.
Dodge what? There’s nothing to dodge. Her range just encompasses the whole area.
According to her profiles range section she doesn't scale above Psykoorochi's range. But i assume thats because both of their range sections are pretty bad, since a calc should be linked but there isn’t (I know which calc but still.) and the range section makes no mention of Tatsumaki's range scaling to Psykoorochi, only her LS and AP for whatever reason.
Fair but I believe my point remains the same. The range of her telekinesis still exceeds what Luffy can reasonably avoid.

Ok but I think this still proves my point. Her telekinesis has thousands of kilometers of range. So Tatsumaki can use that range so Luffy can’t avoid her telekinesis
That doesn't necessarily mean her AoE can encompass that entire range, hence why I think her profile should be adjusted properly with scans, but i'm assuming people only give a shit about making the Saitama and Garou profiles look nice lol.
Dodge what? There’s nothing to dodge. Her range just encompasses the whole area
He doesn't necessarily need to avoid her, he just needs to blitz her, which is very easily accomplished via his numerous speed amps, and he starts with G2 or G4 amps + Ryou or G5 amp that scales above G2 & G4 amps + Transmutation dura neg.

But you brought up some fair points so I'll vote for incon. Both have valid win-cons and it's more of a who lands their move first wins although Luffy have some degree of resistance towards Tatsumaki's method of attacking, while Luffy literally opens up with speed blitzing amps and durability negation.

What????? Literally all of what you said is wrong, affecting the molecular structure (i.e cells.) of anything would be a form of Matter manipulation. Also you absolutely can break someone down into atoms via AP if the gap is big enough, hence Tatsumaki's AP upscaling.
That feeling when the telekinetic ball twist isn't a viable wincon. (she doesn't have Body Puppetry)

Please correct me if I get any of these points wrong. I'm not nearly as knowledgeable on these two as y'all are, lol.

1. I don't really get the argument of Luffy using his Analytical Predict + Precog in order to "dodge" Tats' TK. You can't really dodge TK. You can find ways to circumvent it, but dodging it? I don't see it.

2. Yes. Luffy's speed amps will help a ton here. You can have higher AP, LS, Range, and Dura Neg attacks. It doesn't matter if you can't even perceive your opponents' movements.

3. I don't see how Luffy turning Tats' forcefields into rubber will help. Okay. He turns the forcefields into rubber. What does he do next? Punch as hard as possible? If he tried doing that, wouldn't his punch just ricochet off, making it useless?

4. I will say that despite the speed amps, Luffy is going to struggle with that range disadvantage. That scan I saw was insane ngl.

5. Luffy iirc, has a massive stamina advantage here, so outlasting Tats here won't be an issue, as long as he doesn't get defeated before that happens.

6. Luffy's Blunt Force Resistance doesn't really all that much here thanks to Tats' dura neg attacks.

Overall, Tats' best option is to end this fight as quickly as possible before getting blitzed or exhausted. Luffy's best option is to use those speed amps so Tats will have a hard time tracking him, as well as wearing her out so she'll get tired.

Count me for Incon. :geek:

I'm neutral.

Though i want to say something about this Telekinesis can't be dodged point.

TK can absolutely be dodged, just depends on how that specific TK functions. Telekinesis is just the ability to affect physical objects with your thoughts alone, if, through your thoughts alone, can create and use an energy which allows you to interact with and affect physical objects, than that could be dodged since energy is still bounded by S = D/T. If it doesn't do that, but instead just apply the "effect" of TK onto someone without traveling a physical distance, then most of the time it can't be dodged because of how these types of abilities indirectly bypass S = D/T by applying the "effect" of the ability onto another without needing something "physical" to act as a conductor for that "effect".

Last edited:
3. I don't see how Luffy turning Tats' forcefields into rubber will help. Okay. He turns the forcefields into rubber. What does he do next? Punch as hard as possible? If he tried doing that, wouldn't his punch just ricochet off, making it useless?
Turning them into rubber would mean he bypass their durability and stretch through them to hit Tatsumaki.
Luffy's Blunt Force Resistance doesn't really all that much here thanks to Tats' dura neg attacks.
Tatsumaki doesn't have durability negation.

TK can absolutely be dodged, just depends on how that specific TK functions. Telekinesis is just the ability to affect physical objects with your thoughts alone, if, through your thoughts alone, can create and use an energy which allows you to interact with and affect physical objects, than that could be dodged since energy is still bounded by S = D/T. If it doesn't do that, but instead just apply the "effect" of TK onto someone without traveling a physical distance, then most of the time it can't be dodged because it's indirectly bypassing S = D/T.
There's nothing moving from Tatsumaki to Luffy. The restraints appear on him.

Imo, I feel like Luffy can circumvent the TK with his speed amps, making it harder for Tats to track him. I don't think he can "dodge" it.
Also, even if what you're saying is true, Tatsumaki could just put a small barrier around him then TK restrain him that way so he wouldn't be able to move out the way.
Everyone ignored this extremely important point lmao

I'm neutral.

Though i want to say something about this Telekinesis can't be dodged point.

TK can absolutely be dodged, just depends on how that specific TK functions. Telekinesis is just the ability to affect physical objects with your thoughts alone, if, through your thoughts alone, can create and use an energy which allows you to interact with and affect physical objects, than that could be dodged since energy is still bounded by S = D/T. If it doesn't do that, but instead just apply the "effect" of TK onto someone without traveling a physical distance, then most of the time it can't be dodged because of how these types of abilities indirectly bypass S = D/T by applying the "effect" of the ability onto another without needing something "physical" to act as a conductor for that "effect".
Tatsumaki's TK restraint just appears on her opponent the moment she thinks of doing so. The only way to "block" it would be by creating a psychic barrier around your body, which Luffy can't do.

And even if Luffy somehow can dodge TK because (?) as others have mentioned Tatsumaki can create a massive barrier on the battlefield and trap Luffy inside of it so she can just eventually catch and restrain him and either twist him into nothingness or stab him with spears.

The durability of them at that point wouldn't matter anymore due being turned into rubber which Luffy can manipulate.
Yeah but that still makes it much harder for him to immediately dodge, which would lead to him getting caught by Tatsumaki's TK restraints.

That's not going to do anything when the durability of the barriers are higher than Luffy's AP, and she can alsp just stack multiple barriers on top of each other.
Why are you acting like this? You've seen Luffy pierce through thick layers of ground before, he did this to Lucci with Mogura Pistol. He'll do the same here, turn the barriers to rubber upon impact and stretch them out long enough to clock her in the stomach.

Yeah but that still makes it much harder for him to immediately dodge, which would
Which is why I'm voting incon. Lots of variables at play here, and both have valid win-cons that I ain't trying to dismiss. I just think it's the simplest route to go here considering everything said thus far.

Unless we want another booty OPM vs OP thread that lasts 8+ pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back