• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tatsumaki vs. Byakuya Kuchiki

I go with Tats by direct TK. Byakuya's profile is weird, from Multi-city block level straight to Country level, so I see it as he's Tier 8 in base and tier 6 in his strongest feat? 2 things that may change my mind, 1.) If Byakuya has enough willpower to resist direct TK. 2.) Can he easily access his tier 8 form? Note that Tats has been shown to instakill a 1 trillion merge of a City buster, and her TK can only be directly resisted by immense willpower, meaning indirect use of TK will still affect the enemy and that noboby has been immune to it, just highly resistant.

Byakuya's profile is messed up. His current shikai is not included and his pre timeskip profile is ridiculous. Byakuya is most likely large town level to city level before the timeskip in Bankai. His shikai was stated to be above his Bankai after the royal guard training so his shikai is most likely city level.

So he isn't jumping from tier 8 to 6. He's going from tier 7-B to tier low 6-B

Calm down. You can discuss this on the thread I made. I agree that pre-time-skip Byakuya should be at least 7-C (comparable to Zaraki with his eyepatch on and should not be weaker than the likes of Komamura and Sui-Feng) or High 7-C (if the Hitsugaya upgrade is accepted) with Shikai and much higher with Bankai but this isn't the place to discuss this.

I realized I never gave my answer to the fight. Byakuya takes this but with high difficulty. Tatsumaki can fly but she'll have trouble getting past Senbonzakura. In the end a well timed kido attack mixed with one of his secret Bankai moves will seal this fight for Byakuya

Amlad22 said:
I realized I never gave my answer to the fight. Byakuya takes this but with high difficulty. Tatsumaki can fly but she'll have trouble getting past Senbonzakura. In the end a well timed kido attack mixed with one of his secret Bankai moves will seal this fight for Byakuya

Why would her telekinesis have trouble getting past Byakuya? Physical barriers & distance don't seem to matter much to Tatsumaki's telekinesis.

There's also how she can just summon a meteor if she feels like it and then proceed to do something to Byakuya like restrict him so that he'll get hit afterwards.

No, Byakuya has almost no real strength feats, and while his Zanpakuto is impressive it wouldn't enough to win him the fight considering Tatsumaki can crush him / shred him to pieces.

Mmm, reading the profiles Tatsu's is At least large island+, 947 Gigatons. Byakuya is At least small country+, scaled to Gremmy whos feat is 40.1 teratonnes.

A difference of 40x~ power. Tatsumaki's power struggles on stronger opponents. and shes a glass cannon without her shields, only City level. byakuya would win easily. probably a mismatch.

oh my bad, you're right Soldier. it was 5, mixed it up 0_0

Still 5x stronger is a good amount. maybe not mismatch worthy but a comfortable enough win,I guess

Going purely by the scaled destructive capability is a terrible way of judging fights like this. Taking the abilities of both fighters into account, Byakuya has absolutely nothing that can defend himself against Tatsumaki's telekinesis.

oh speeds not equal. 5x Power vs 3x Speed. mmm.

@Core probably. would explain the "at least" on her profile, but byakuya is "at least" also

Tatsu will have a issue bfring Byakuya, since her powers will be resisted due to byakuyas higher power. This match is a lot harder now then I first thought. Byakuyas best chance is to ensnare her with his bankai (which is 2x faster when he directly controls it with his hand), to the point where it is unavoidable, similiar to what he did against ichigo, however tatsu can't swipe the blades out of the sky like Ichigo did. And when it pierces her barrier shes a goner.

This is actually a much better match then I thought! Final Opinion, Byakuya with Mid to High diff

Byakuya gets his durability off scaling right? He doesn't have a lot of significant feats in that regard by himself. I'm not convinced based off of what I remember reading that Byakuya could survive his neck getting snapped / rotated several times. Of course no character in Bleach has telekinesis like that so I wouldn't expect him to have feats regarding that.

Telekinesis does not bypass dura. Byakuyas dura > Tatsu's Telekinesis. and that's all that really needs to be discussed on that.

What feat's are there supporting Byakuya not getting his head torn off via telekinesis?

What is that based off of? What are his primary feats for that durability?

"That" Durability? He needs to prove his dura against all things with lesser potency, then the things hes already faced???

Yeah, his durability since he is supposedly "country-level" according to his profile. I'm asking what are these things he's faced that prove he has that level of durability. How good are the durability of his eyes? Tatsumaki can selectively target limbs & heads to tear to shreds, so using telekinesis she could target his eyes if the rest of him proves too durable.

Byakuya has survived attacks from Vollstandig Gerard - a physical strike and an energy blast. I think this is where his small country level durability rating comes from.

Hmm I dont see his durability as much higher to allow him to basically ignore Tatsumaki's attmept to twist his neck like a plastic bottle.

durability doesn't seem to protect you from Tat's TK though. She could pull meteors from space, lift cities to the skies, but she couldn't lift Saitama 5 meters. Psychic resistance is related to Will power, not the strength of the target, and even if someone has enough willpower she could just simply switch to using the air pressur instead of direct TK. Anyways I don't think Byakuya has enough will to resist TK (unless otherwise proven), so a simple head twist will be enough (she uses her enemies power to twist their bodies). Tats AP rating comes from her destructive capabilities, her direct TK we don't know, her "tornado skill" is different, it works by using her enemies own power againts them (webcomic description).

Byakuya doesn't have enough will power? The guy severed the nerve connections and major muscles in his own arm and leg (thus paralyzing them) without hesitation just to escape someone's control and still went on to win. He was still alive through sheer force of will and begged Ichigo to help Soul Society after an enemy used his own Bankai against him to rip his torso open and removed some internal organs.

Soldier Blue said:
Byakuya doesn't have enough will power? The guy severed the nerve connections and major muscles in his own arm and leg (thus paralyzing them) without hesitation just to escape someone's control and still went on to win. He was still alive through sheer force of will and begged Ichigo to help Soul Society after an enemy used his own Bankai against him to rip his torso open and removed some internal organs.
Genos sacrificed his humanity just to exact justice. He's also perfectly willing to sarcrifice his life in many instances. Minerals grown sentient because of "earths will". Beings convinced they could take on the whole world, and actually went on to do so. All these wasn't enough to resist Tat's power.

LordAizenSama said:
That's just NLF.
Actually the term I'm going for is "ignores conventional durability", but yeah maybe I can't back this up. How about brain crushing then? Add in heart crushing, spleen crushing, liver, stomach, lungs.

Back