• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I heard that Post-Zeroshiki Training Tanjiro might get upgraded to 8-C so in case you want to change the key you're using

Dust doesn't have Fidget with them I assume and how does their supernatural luck play with Tanjiro's precog and enhanced senses

Dust should resist his flame breathing attacks which is some of his most strongest iirc so I don't think that's gonna help Tanjirou.
Dust's win con is really his soul manip though reading it it doesn't seem very usable against tanjirou

Tanjiro is quite agile, but if he gets overwhelmed he'll access Dance of the Fire God amp, which will give him a blitz tier speed boost.

Does Dust have any resistance to the fear aura?

Has it in the previous key, Post-Demon Slayer Training (though the CRT should make it more clear).

For close combat, Tanjiro's clarivoyance will guide him toward a decisive strike and his opponent's weakness. It normally required for the opponent to be significantly faster to get through this.

Last edited:
Dust has passive luck that makes opponents attacks miss and if he parties Tanjirou's attacks then tanjirou will be briefly paralyzed

This is early game Dust, so I assume the luck stat is not very high, which makes it an extremely unreliable counter to the clarivoyance.

Early game Dust still has a decent luck stat seeing as three of his five pieces of gear grant bonuses to Luck

An estimate for early game luck stat?
Also, from what I read, the luck stat reduces the enemy's critical hit chance which barely counts as a partial miss; it just makes the enemy do average damage (and the RNG threshold is not given, making it unquantifiable without extensive tests or looking into game files).

An estimate for early game luck stat?
Also, from what I read, the luck stat reduces the enemy's critical hit chance which barely counts as a partial miss; it just makes the enemy do average damage (and the RNG threshold is not given, making it unquantifiable without extensive tests or looking into game files).
Considering the issue at hand Luck would be a perfect counter for Tanjirou's Clairvoyance if thats the mechanics

If the opening thread clairvoyance gives a critical chance of 90%, and early game luck reduces it by like 10%, then it is a pretty weak counter.

10% multiplied by multiple pieces of gear

This is also assuming Dust doesnt paralyz Tanjirou

How does dust actually kill him? Tanjirou can easily regen as fast as akaza or muzan given him being the strongest demon now, I don't see anything that actually kills Tanjirou on Dust or fidgets page. I do see the soul manip for dust but it seems to be more so oriented to demons possessing people not and severing their souls not killing the demon themselves.

How does dust actually kill him? Tanjirou can easily regen as fast as akaza or muzan given him being the strongest demon now, I don't see anything that actually kills Tanjirou on Dust or fidgets page. I do see the soul manip for dust but it seems to be more so oriented to demons possessing people not and severing their souls not killing the demon themselves.
Because this is tanjirou near the beginning of the series not demon tanjirou

10% multiplied by multiple pieces of gear

This is also assuming Dust doesnt paralyz Tanjirou
Or 10% for the entire set, since we are talking about beginning of game gear. It seems to me that Tanjiro has the advantage in close combat, and the luck stat doesn't stop attacks from doing damage.

It seems that you are assuming that Tanjiro's danger sense doesn't prevent parries, or that Tanjiro doesn't amp and blitz, and that Tanjiro's aura doesn't paralyze Dust.

Or 10% for the entire set, since we are talking about beginning of game gear. It seems to me that Tanjiro has the advantage in close combat, and the luck stat doesn't stop attacks from doing damage.

It seems that you are assuming that Tanjiro's danger sense doesn't prevent parries, or that Tanjiro doesn't amp and blitz, and that Tanjiro's aura doesn't paralyze Dust.
Each piece has an in-game boost of +10%. End game stuff is 15% iirc

He doesnt though? One party and hes paralyzed plus the danmaku from Dist Storm and Dust's own skill

I can remove the blitz amp of that makes it more fair

I mean early game equipments gives 1-2 luck, while late game equipment gives 10-20 luck. Extremely unlikely that the developers designed the % chance to be higher than 100%.

Tanjiro's clarivoyance can inform him that it is a bad idea to do something.
0058-005.png

Not to mention that it is not part of Tanjiro's combat style to clash swords.

Restricting abilities prevents the match from being added, so it is your choice. Also, I don't see a counter for the fear aura.

I mean I dont see how knowing it's a bad idea stops dust from paralyzing him with danmaku homing lightning magic

Tanjiro can very plausibly dodge, especially since he doesn't need to see attacks to dodge them.
Susamaru_attacking_Tanjiro.gif

If pressed, this means Tanjiro is much more likely to amp, and that his aura will be stronger.

Tanjiro can very plausibly dodge, especially since he doesn't need to see attacks to dodge them.
Susamaru_attacking_Tanjiro.gif

If pressed, this means Tanjiro is much more likely to amp, and that his aura will be stronger.
Scans of him dodging danmaku homing attacks?

Back