• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tales of an broken world.

ÒÇîµêªÚùÿÒÇì

The great city of Petra used to be considered a calm and peaceful city which lived off trading mineral resources and a great amount of high-quality, yet cheap food; visited for its beauty and wealth. These words could still be used to describe it, however, in order to survive the world of danger that the Godmodder had brought with him, they had to become a sturdier version of themselves.

And sturdier they became: three concentric walls (like SnK's, but smaller due to being a city's districts and not a country's layers) shine in blue on its layout, two meters thick and twenty tall, of a cerulean, metallic tone. They are called by their hue: the Cerulean Walls, made of an Orichalcum-Mythril alloy, were nothing but a huge metallic block for each wall, molded and homogenized as well as enchanted over the course of nearly a decade of neverending efforts until it had been finally completed. These beautiful walls separate the three "inner, middle and outer" districts of Petra, each with one function: commerce, mining and farming respectively, and mobility magic is blocked by wards in them.

The inner district is the wealthiest and, in a way, the "face" of the city, however located at the innermost layer of the city, were where great auctions, sales and trades with other cities and among locals and travelers, locals and locals and even travelers and travelers were made. The economic epicenter of Petra, the innermost district contains several popular as well as wealthy malls, gourmet restaurants and small dinners, as well as the quarters where the legions of soldiers sharpen their fangs and the guilds where magicians sharpen their wits. It is a region that welcomed the wealthy and the poor to trade together in a beautiful place, where the rich hold their large businesses and give the peasants the wastes, as well as where the peasants sell their produced goods to the aristocrats at high prices — but still cheap compared to what these men could acquire — yet dirt cheap for their own class. It is located at a plateau, at the center of which is a mountain sixteen kilometers tall atop which is the castle where people only live because of the magic that allows the air to keep pressurized and climatized at such insane heights and protects people from the unfiltered radiation of the sun.

The middle district is, itself alone, armor and shield to the city, as well as one of its greatest sources of income. This is because going from any of the other districts to it, all one finds is an abyss. That abyss is an enormous bed of important mineral and its bottom used to be far away, but visible from the surface, which due to human interference itself it is no longer. One cannot possibly cross the ravines through a bridge and flight and teleportation outright precluded by wards: it is necessary for most to go down large ramps and cross its internal maze of caves and mines to reach the ramps that go up once again and into the other district. The regions of the ravine which hold residences and allow for crossing through districts are very well maintained, lighted and signalized, but because they are not too large and exactly due to the good maintenance, an army which tries to cross this district it will be horribly bottlenecked and maybe even divided if it tries to "avoid" that one fate. The district is a huge death corridor for the enemies, however open it is for the citizens. This is were most workers live, as well as do their jobs of mining.

The outer district is filled with very few humans and so many powerful undead. To replace human labor, the citizens of Petra applied most undead forces they could trade with allies and placed most of them in the region that already used up the smallest portion of their population, and thus that district is loaded with undead with power in the middle between foot and elite soldiers from the city itself, who work continuously and forever to aid all works done in this region. There is little mining in the outer district, but the few gold beds in it are mined by undead which also serve as guards against any danger. With a rapier and a great longbow as their defense weapons for situations of need, these beings can work or fight for all eternity if the situation so requires, and undead horses as well as wraiths which can detect the chemical composition of air and mineral are also used to carry weights and verify the safety of a cave. Some of these horses are also present in the inner and middle districts, and some of the wraiths are also present in the middle district. They all irradiate an intimidating aura, to which the citizens are already adept and find comforting, while an outsider or enemy would be frightened by.

The city is defended by four classes of soldiers: the foot soldiers, the elite, the noble soldiers — which weren't always composed by noblemen and noblewomen, although these were more frequent — and the noble elite. These groups are decided by, indeed, power and skill, as well as wealth which funds their individual equipments, but mostly also by stamina. The infantry of Petra always receives training in two powerful techniques called "The Wasp's Sting" and "The Turtle's Shell".

The first of these sacrifices a soldier's life in exchange of strengthening a single attack to great extremes, adding to it many sorts of elemental, chemical and death-hax/poisonous damage, negating enemy durability and circumvent the third law of motion by reflecting the reaction of any force back into the target, thus any resistance would be overwhelmed. This attack allows even swords to fire projectiles, but any foot soldier which uses it will die right after one blow, whereas an elite soldier will be tired, but still be able to fight and won't be able to repeat it within three days, a noble soldier will be able to use it within the same battle after a few minutes and a noble elite should be able to repeat that attack several times. It is called that way because of its deadly result to the user, but also because it is considered that it should cause some degree of damage to even the Godmodder, "even if it's at the level of just a painful wasp's sting". Archers and swordsmen as well as users of all weapons will wield that technique against the Godmodder or as a last resource, and it's said to always kill its target and often overpenetrate even through the strongest giants. The only one who can spam it is the strongest woman in the city, a swordswoman who wields two bastard swords as weapons.

The Turtle's Shell creates a temporary — initially two seconds, but up to one second more per each of these ranks of strengh — barrier around the soldier which is reflective like Dead End, although finite, but huge in power, which is said to be an absolute barrier capable of blocking absolutely any attack, and uses a mana storing jewel at their armors to fuel itself, but then a foot soldier won't be able to use it again and only noble soldiers and above can reliably reacharge the energy with their own once it runs out. It can even be used as an absolute shield ahead of their bodies, which allows a Testudo formation with them to be unbreakable if made by several noble soldiers or noble elites. There are ten times less soldiers in each category than the weaker one, and a total of 20 000 soldiers making up the defensive forces of Petra. Soldiers above the foot soldiers in rank will use armor that heals their bodies when they're wounded, and all forces have at least basic magic protections against hax such as death abilities and time stops.

The magicians are more versatile, and also extremely useful: through controlled falling of spellshots they managed to become a defensive force as useful as the archers, as well as allow for slaughtering animals in such a way that, with the death of every cell inside the body through a death spell, it will take extremely long to rot and the meat will not harden with the adrenaline. This is less effective against soldiers as they will often block such spells with their armor, but might also be used if a clear path can be traced towards an exposed part of the body. With bulkier explosions as a slower but stronger "rain of death" method and the possibilities of healing and enchantments, they are an important part of everyday life and the defenses.

((Sorry I took long, lol. Wasn't my intention but I had to stop to eat something. I also lost the entire text once.))

Tiers:

Trainees and apprentices: Tier 8 and below.

Foot soldiers: High 7-C. 10 000 mages, 20 000 warriors, 10 000 archers and 10 000 healers throughout the city, although not all of the mages and healers belong to the army, but might still be made to fight for it. The wealth of the city is in part demonstrated by how few people have permanent scars in their bodies.

Elite soldiers: Low 7-B. Healers of this level can regenerate lost limbs or extremities, and there are 1000 in the entire city, but they ask notoriously high fees since it's so tiring for them.

Noble soldiers: Baseline 7-B, this is were rezzers start to occur among magicians, but ressurrection of this level applied on a foot soldier will disintegrate their body or make them undead.

Noble Elite: Baseline 7-A, and these can use higher tiered magic to ressurrect even foot soldiers but won't because it's not worthy as such magic is tiring and better used to ressurrect important people without weakening them too much so that they can recover in a short span of time.

Strongest warrior, archer and magician: Baseline High 7-A+, higher due to the spamming of special attacks (can therefore deny durability, haxy and has very concentrated power output, being able to damage people throughout Tier 6). The strongest healer is a fourth individual that can ressurrect anyone, for a higher price, and does not belong to the army but to a hospital where he uses his spell several times a day, controlling the intensity to always ressurrect a person with the minimal strength left not to destroy them without succeeding, and thus reverting many deaths.

The special attacks of magicians are comparable in power to the life-sacrificing attacks from people of their tiers, but these also have huge cooldowns and casting times, and might be only used once a battle, result in fainting or... you get the frequencies. Magicians are natural powerhouses and can use money to make scrolls to reduce the cost of powerful spells, so they can do this with less of a strain. Special attacks like that only appear on elite and beyond, though.

The city walls need 7-B power to crack (208 petajoules/cc for fragmentation, 570 for violent fragmentation, 1exajoule/cc for pulverization, 60 for atomization... and use the steel values times 1e15 to be able to break through the anti-heat enchantments and melt or vaporize) and took almost 10 years to build. The castle atop the mountain also has walls of this level, although half as thick.

i see a woman approaching Arend

She's very beutifull, most men would get stunned by her beuty and remain speachless, but Overlord isn't like those men.

i step in-between Anna and Arend

"Hello there fellow adventurer, i am Knight Overlord. Arend is currently busy forging his weapon, so he can't responde to you, but if you want I could help you"

ÒÇîÒéóÒâ│ÒâèÒÇì

O-oh. I'm sorry — she excuses herself for Arend with a wave of hand before turning herself to the handsome, blonde man of crimson eyes and full plate armor which stands in her front. He names himself to her: Overlord. It is indeed uncommon for one to have a powerful title as a first name, but this world is vast and nothing is really too strange, so she just nods to him before talking in a calm tone:

— Well, I'm an amazon, and I wanted to team up with other adventurers because of the rampage in which the godmodder is going. After all... we may also have to fight. — These words come in a relaxed tone which however clearly does not mask an undying determination ready to burn from beneath the surface of her eyes, a surprising sight on a lady whose looks are otherwise so delicate. — But I need to equip myself and have noticed that other soldiers might also have to do this. So, if you have found any partners and I can join you, and if you need any equipment, I came from Honorguard and have a spatial ring filled with potions, armors and weapons in its pocket dimension. I can lend them for free as long as you take good care of them and team up with me.

Anna's Health: 8 of 8 (Unless there is a more clear-cut system for leveling up the max health and I haven't noticed. This is the base for an amazon.)

Anna's bought equpment: Tier 7-A. Only slightly above baseline, but already higher than our initial/base 7-B+ as it was stated and not denied that her equipments doubled all of her base stats (except obviously stuff like stamina and intelligence).

The wind moved, the Masked boy appeared again to meet the Group of adventurers.

"...Its funny really, i can feel that ya'all are important in some way...not sure how..."

"I personally think we're good for equipment right now." I say as i catch up with the group, lagging behind due to testing out my new powers, "But i can help make a few of them much better if it's needed."

((may as well list stats for later eh? around the high-end of 7-B, but can create high-end 6-C ash storms (and other fire related stuff), instinctively attempts to block (via bone thorns from the rune) and reflect the damage of (at 2x) attacks and automatically creates semi-intangable (changes depending on the situation) clones in order to complete tasks that i can't complete on my own (they have no intelligence beyond what is needed to complete the task.

i also plan on doing some more stuff with he runes later, mainly so we don't end up absolutely destroying the GM again))

((And actually, as the 'Reboot wave' attacked the rp this is an new beginning, so i think that destroying the Demon so quicky would be...anti climatic...

(´╝êI swear I'm done editing the description of Petra now.))

ÒÇîÒéóÒâ│Òâè — HP: 8/8ÒÇì

— You do? — asks Anna rhetorically, surprised by the sudden appearance of a red haired man priorly unbeknownst to her. — I mean, they say the godmodder can shake the crust of the Earth, so even if we're so strong for this world I can't help but lack confidence with just that... So, what can you do to make them better? I feel like I'll need as much power as we can possibly get.

— Oh.

— I am sorry, I didn't introduce myself. I am Anna Abramovna Bystrova, Anna Bystro or Anna for short — states Anna, before noticing the masked boy. — Oh, you managed to enter the city? I'm sorry for leaving you alone out there, but I was in such a hurry and thought you could be a minion of the godmodder... what did you want to talk with me?

((The godmodder was implied to be at least Low 6-B when casual and somewhere in Tier 5 when serious, so you shouldn't worry about the runes right now. It's actually time for us to build up our stats, so since you can enchant everything and have 6-C spells you could probably enchant all of our stuff doing our best to get it to 6-C+. That would help for the first battle. Equipments bought by Anna might get to a baseline High 6-C and these made by us might get to a low end but above baseline High 6-C, giving us a better shot. At least that's how I feel this power creeping would work better for "sensemaking" and for us, but you can give other ideas.))

Overlord775 said:
((actually, we weren't even able to land a single attack, notthing we did lowered the Godmodder's health bar))
((we probably were going to tbh))

((@Danny I said that since there are ways you can use fairly unassuming hax (like the ability to make an area colder or hotter by 10 celcius) to kill things way stronger than you would think they could (like heating up someone brain or heart), and being able to summon large amounts of ash could probably kill him by: clogging the GM's lungs, heating up his brain, having loose particles in his brain, destroying/covering his eyes and other soft tissues, etc., and the list goes on for quite a while and i'm kinda gonna have to limit myself in this regard tbh))

((Please keep the off-topic comments in the pub, guys. This thread is already at 457 replies, don't make a new one have to be crafted before we even finish teaming up and power creeping a little.))

Dannysayan said:
"...Its funny really, i can feel that ya'all are important in some way...not sure how..."
the masked guy from erlier came back

"Hello Masked Man, why have you come back so soon ?"

i wonder why he wears a mask, but i do not ask him, he's probably wears it because he's shy.

Overlord775 said:
Dannysayan said:
the masked guy from erlier came back
"Hello Masked Man, why have you come back so soon ?"

i wonder why he wears a mask, but i do not ask him, he's probably wears it because he's shy.
"...Its funny, really, ya'all are goin so 'Casually' 'bout goin to kill an 'Demon lord' or some shit like that..."

The masked Boy casually said, you all could feel an "Powerful" aura coming out from him.

"You must be Overlord, arent you?"

he'd said pointing at him.

"And you must be Anna, enchanted to know an Amazon like you."

He'd said to the Amazon warrior with his Casual Calm voice.

"And you must be Arend, arent you? the fact that i know ya'all name isnt important..."

The masked boy calmly said as he looked around in the forge. ((We are still in the forge, right?))

Very suspicious, i think he may be hiding something

I look at the Masked Man with a serius look in my face

"Who are you to judge ? Why do you even care of what we do ?"

Overlord775 said:
Very suspicious, i think he may be hiding something

I look at the Masked Man with a serius look in my face

"Who are you to judge ? Why do you even care of what we do ?"
He'd just stayed quiet for a moment, and then he'd responsed.

"Dunno, do i look like an enemy to you?"

He'd calmly said.

Thinking

i think about it for a few seconds

then i respond to his question

"A bit, manly because you didn't present yourself and you keep appering out of thin air"

Overlord775 said:
Thinking

i think about it for a few seconds

then i respond to his question

"A bit, manly because you didn't present yourself and you keep appering out of thin air"

he was kind of bothered to the fact that he didnt trusted him.

"Name's Xeke, surname not important, like i said, i reached this world just to met with an old friend..."

The young boy said while taking of his mask.
Edgelord

i look at his face

"ok, now i trust you more"

he's so kawaii ovo

i inhale and then i say

"Ok, i'll help you find your friend, do you have any idea on where he is ?

i go to Arend .

i reach him from behind and I put my hand on his shoulder

"Arend, there's a new member to our group, stop screwing and go meet her"

while talking i point toward Anna with my thumb

Overlord775 said:
i go to Arend .

"My friend? he is Called Zake, and i already know where he is, but i dont think i should find him...yet..."

The boy said and then pointed at Arend.

"That sword training was all wrong, you have to focus more on defence."

He casually said.

ÒÇîÒéóÒâ│ÒâèÒÇì

Anna's eyes go on alternating between Overlord and Xeke. Xeke apparently has a friend named Zake, which sure makes the pronunciation of both names look similar. If they were Xake and Zeke, however, they wouldn't be, and one of them would be Milk-Xake. However, in this moment she is a bit too surprised by the amount of people gathered — only two, indeed, but to Anna that's already quite a lot — and nigh-subconsciously finds a chore to do.

— Speak... — she stutters for a moment. — Speaking of which, there's no reason to interrupt him, I also need to train! Pleasure to meet you, Overlord, can you hold this for me or else enchant the equipment in it? You said you knew something about runes, so do your best or just keep it safe!

She hands him her interspatial ring. It is nothing but a normal ring made of electrum alloy, but one who touches, regardless of their magical training, can instinctively feel and access the power within it. By doing so like one would move a limb, rather than invoking a magical power they will simply be able to explore the pocket dimension within it. It has literally all of the girl's belongings, from tampons to halberds.

And thus, Anna rushes to the training fields with superhuman speed and begins a mobility training with Le Parkour, wall jumping and such techniques. There is a course with several logs as well as floating platforms, walls in different inclinations and even fire rings, stopped in the air as well as moving ones, to allow for warriors to train their mobility, and thus she begins an easy course, graciously flowing through the air with her silk clothing. She also forgot to switch to something other than a skirt, and doesn't seem to notice it.

Lesser Strength Training: 1/10

Mobility Training: 1/10

Developing skill [Flowmotion] Level I: 1/5

Overlord775 said:
i go to Arend .

"Fine..." I say, "wait, since when was I part of your group?" Despite saying this, I walk up to Anna. "Hello, my name is Arend." ((Also, I want my gauntlet back.))

ÒÇîÒéóÒâ│ÒâèÒÇì

— U-uh? — Anna stutters in an as low a voice tone she can, not to call attention. It seems the red haired boy wants to talk to her, but without the courage to approach him and yet not wanting to be a jerk, she moves on to the intermediate course which is closer to him... but makes her start failing more often due to the sudden, brutal increase in difficulty. It is shameful for her to be capable of taking on a fight, but not a person, but this is simply how she became.

Distracted, Anna forces herself to observe the course as she hops through the obstacles. There is no way she can abandon her training like this. If she can see through the obstacles, she should be able to understand what skills it requires, what breaches there are for what tricks to be tried to make it possible. And if she can just fine-tune her reactions and motor coordination a little more...

Lesser Strength Training: 2/10

Mobility Training: 2/10

Developing skill [Flowmotion] Level I: 2/5

Mand21 said:
ÒÇîÒéóÒâ│ÒâèÒÇì

— U-uh? — Anna stutters in an as low a voice tone she can, not to call attention. It seems the red haired boy wants to talk to her, but without the courage to approach him and yet not wanting to be a jerk, she moves on to the intermediate course which is closer to him... but makes her start failing more often due to the sudden, brutal increase in difficulty. It is shameful for her to be capable of taking on a fight, but not a person, but this is simply how she became.

Distracted, Anna forces herself to observe the course as she hops through the obstacles. There is no way she can abandon her training like this. If she can see through the obstacles, she should be able to understand what skills it requires, what breaches there are for what tricks to be tried to make it possible. And if she can just fine-tune her reactions and motor coordination a little more...

Lesser Strength Training: 2/10

Mobility Training: 2/10

Developing skill [Flowmotion] Level I: 2/5
"You space out even more than I do, don't you?"

ÒÇîÒéóÒâ│ÒâèÒÇì

Yes! It's working out! All I need to do is get the flowing jump right to get through the first section! I've already figured out the gist of how to redirect momentum with Mana, now all I have to do is increase my capacity and preci—

Eh?!

Startled, Anna executes a perfect flowmotion movement to the opposite direction: if the basic technique involved learning how to redirect momentum in the air to slightly redirect yourself during a jump like a game character, she does it backwards and loses momentum, burning her hair and forehead slightly on a fire ring, hitting her head in a block of concrete and flying to the ground. She manages to stagger her fall by punching downwards with such kinetic energy that the dirt cracks apart slightly, thrusting her upwards enough that she can use her very basic flowmotion to try and direct herself towards Arend, however, she overdoes it and ends up right behind him. At least she has already learned how to fall correctly, rolling forwards to redirect momentum and make the fall take longer to be stopped.

She stands up.

— Huh... I... guess I can't deny it, right? — confesses the blonde while turning around to face him. — My name is Anna, Anna Abramovna Bystrova. As you can guess, I'm eastern, though not too far to the east.

She doesn't know if she's supposed to hug him or shake hands, so both arms end up open and slightly extended in a clumsy fashion.

If only I had the same talent I have with fighting...

Lesser Strength Training: 3/10

Mobility Training: 3/10

Developing skill [Flowmotion] Level I: 3/5

Xeke stayed quiet, sure they all looked like a good bunch of friends.

He'd softly sighed, his past had teached him that friends arent eternals, but he dont wanted to show any weakness at the moment.

"i think that the Guy that you all are looking for is walking towards the city of Petra."

He'd boredly said, he dont looked worried to the fact that the Amazon got hurt, as he was sure that she could had handled that.

ÒÇîÒéóÒâ│ÒâèÒÇì

And I am soon enough surrounded by boys again. Okay, there are only two, but the fact the two are worried about me makes me flustered at the same level as it is heartwarming.

— Um, Overlord, Arend, there is no need to worry that much about me, I'm also a warrior and, uh... sorry I forgot to ask if you actually wanted to help and just dropped my ring on you, and... I have to go back to training, answer me later! Thanks, Arend!

Now healed, she gives him a quick hug and hops on a rock that was flying towards them, accidentally shot by someone, pulverizing it and using the reaction force to create impulse to fly back to the beginning of the intermediate level course, and then kind of uses that initial velocity and adrenaline to sharpen her reflexes and make several attempts on going through the obstacles in a row, always standing at the beginning and analysing everything, hypothesizing and preparing herself before trying again. In a way, the way her analyses almost instinctively seek out what were the plans of the people building the training course both help her and makes her respect them too much to try any shortcuts. Determined to grind her abilities until she can fully clear the parkour and flowmotion airborne training grounds below which other people like Arend himself train in melee and archery, Anna jumps through the sky.

Lesser Strength Training: 4/10

Mobility Training: 4/10

Developing skill [Flowmotion] Level I: 4/5

Mand21 said:
ÒÇîÒéóÒâ│ÒâèÒÇì
And I am soon enough surrounded by boys again. Okay, there are only two, but the fact the two are worried about me makes me flustered at the same level as it is heartwarming.

— Um, Overlord, Arend, there is no need to worry that much about me, I'm also a warrior and, uh... sorry I forgot to ask if you actually wanted to help and just dropped my ring on you, and... I have to go back to training, answer me later! Thanks, Arend!

Now healed, she gives him a quick hug and hops on a rock that was flying towards them, accidentally shot by someone, pulverizing it and using the reaction force to create impulse to fly back to the beginning of the intermediate level course, and then kind of uses that initial velocity and adrenaline to sharpen her reflexes and make several attempts on going through the obstacles in a row, always standing at the beginning and analysing everything, hypothesizing and preparing herself before trying again. In a way, the way her analyses almost instinctively seek out what were the plans of the people building the training course both help her and makes her respect them too much to try any shortcuts. Determined to grind her abilities until she can fully clear the parkour and flowmotion airborne training grounds below which other people like Arend himself train in melee and archery, Anna jumps through the sky.

Lesser Strength Training: 4/10

Mobility Training: 4/10

Developing skill [Flowmotion] Level I: 4/5
The Boy was watching Anna training now.

"Hey."

He'd shouted.

"I see that you are trying Air-Jumping, mind if i share some advice?"

i give the ring to Kenny and i ask him to enchant some of the weapons and rmors inside with the runes

i start doing some training too.

i try out my new spear on a training dummy

Spear Poking Training 1/5

Back