• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tai Lung vs Mercury Black

Seems like it'd be a somewhat close match. They'd be about equal to each other in AP, and while Mercury has more versatility, Tai Lung should be a far more skilled fighter and has the advantage in lifting strength. If Mercury relies on his aura too much, his forcefield will go down which is the only thing I can see stopping Tai Lung from ending this with nerve strikes. Tai Lung, high-diff

Iirc, Mercury doesn't actually rely on his Aura that much, preserving it by blocking with his legs which don't need it to tank stuff.

Oh. Well if Tai Lung hits him when his forcefield isn't up anyway, then he can hit Mercury with nerve strikes

Aura is always up though. Passive stuff works like that. When I said he preserves it by using his legs is because they are as durable without needing Aura to be channeled there. Tai Lung needs to keep hitting Mercury until the Aura runs out.

AnonymousBlank said:
Aura is always up though. Passive stuff works like that.
No it isn't. Pyrrha early on confirms this with, "Why didn't you activate your Aura?" in volume 1. The writers have even mentioned that it's not passive. It's been said in many threads that aura isn't passive.

@Drayco Yes it is passive. She literally asked that question to Jaune who didnt have aura at the time which is why she was confused as to why it wasnt active.

She literally said, "Why didn't you activate your aura?" What else could that possibly mean besides it being not passive? She didn't know his aura was locked. She was even visibly confused when Jaune didn't understand what Aura was in the first place. Then there was how Adam killed Sienna without having to deal with her aura. It was a stab and that was it. Sienna wasn't in a previous fight like Blake or Yang in volume 3. Meaning she never had it up to protect herself.

She was confused because a person his age who managed to get into a school as prestigious as Beacon should know what aura is

Yeah I know... That doesn't change the fact she didn't understand why Jaune didn't activate his aura. If aura was passive, she wouldn't have asked that question. She would've said "Why isn't your aura healing you?"

She didnt understand why because she didnt know his aura hadnt been unlocked. Even if it wasnt passive 100% of the time there's no reason for it to not be active in a fight. Never once is it stated or implied that they actively have to use it in fights.

Your argument doesn't make sense.

Pyrhha sees Jaune, someone who's training to be a hunstman, get hit by a branch and it cuts his face. For some reason his aura didn't heal him. Her question, "Why didn't you activate your Aura?" is stupid considering it should be active in the first place, that is if it was passive. Since it's not passive, Pyrhha is wondering why Jaune chose not to activate his Aura to heal the cut. Which leads her to ask the question.

I'm not arguing whether or not it's always on in a fight, I'm arguing that it isn't passive.

Back